Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? (22317 Views)

VIDEO: Serial Car Scratcher Caught On Camera . / Serial Car Scratcher Caught On Camera (photos, Video) / Vilnius Mayor Crushes Benz With An 8Wheel Armoured Vehicle For Parking Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by shedy03(m): 9:25am On Dec 03, 2016
A man who had had his car scratched over 20 times in the last six months finally managed to catch the perpetrator in the act after sleeping in the vehicle for a month.
Finding your car scratched is unpleasant, but definitely not uncommon, which is why Kot Matroskin, a driver from Minsk,Belarus, didn’t pay much attention when it first happened to him, about six months ago. But after noticing subsequent scratches on the fender of his Volkswagen Polo in a relativelyshort period of time, he started looking for clues about who might want to scratch his car and why. He was soon able todiscover that the scratching occurred only when he parked hiscar near a pedestrian walkway at the entrance of a park andseemed to be done with the same object, as the scratches alllooked very similar.
Determined to get some answers, the man left a note in the window of his car asking the person who had made a habit of scratching his car why they were doing it. He even posted his email address so the perpetrator could answer his question even if they feared a face-to-face confrontation. That didn't work out as he had planned as he got no messages. He then installed a camera on the dashboard of his car hoping to catch the person in the act but apart from some pedestrian passing suspiciously close to his car, the footage didn’t reveal anything useful. Matroskin realised that it was impossible to tell if someone was scratching the car as they passed by from the video, so he decided that he only had two options – find another place to park or catch this criminal himself.
So for the last month, he got up in the middle of the night and went to sleep in his car, hoping to catch the perpetrator red-handed. After analysing his daily schedule, he estimated that the scratching generally occurred between 4:00 to 6:00am, so he would set his alarm clock to 4:00am every night, put on thick clothes, grab a sleeping bag and spend three hours in the backseat of his car.
On the morning of November 27, at 5:40 am, he heard someone pass by the car, followed by the characteristic long scraping sound of metal on metal. He quickly got out to confront his nemesis, but instead of a man that he had expected to see, he came face to face with a little old lady with white hair sticking out from under a funny hat. He filmed the whole confrontation with his phone, adding that the woman only accepted responsibility for the scratches she left that morning, offering to pay him for the damage if he let her go without calling the police.
He eventually called the police and pressed charges against the woman, hoping to receive both compensation for both material and moral damages, according to odditycentral.com.
“I just hope that after doing the authorities’ job of apprehending the offender, they can do theirs by properly punishing her for her crime,” Matroskin said.

http://punchng.com/driver-sleeps-vehicle-month-catch-serial-car-scratcher/

4 Likes

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by chillex8(m): 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2016
Olesekeniwoye
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by MrTeCO(m): 6:48am On Dec 05, 2016
me will come Bk later
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by justi4jesu(f): 6:49am On Dec 05, 2016
No I cannot do it.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by ajokebelle(f): 6:49am On Dec 05, 2016
Immediately I saw the heading, I knew it was not in Nigeria.
They can device other means to get the thief, but to sleep in the car is rare.

20 Likes

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by Waskolo(m): 6:49am On Dec 05, 2016
I see, so what should I do with this?
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by Neimar: 6:49am On Dec 05, 2016
hah
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by uzowulu8(m): 6:49am On Dec 05, 2016
.1. in Nigeria, nothing like serial car scratcher
2. Fp two times this week..
3. If I was in Nigeria, juju will do the sleeping in the bus

6 Likes

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by Ayoswit(f): 6:50am On Dec 05, 2016
k, no pictures?

1 Like

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by boombay(m): 6:50am On Dec 05, 2016
So absurd grin
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by HarmonyDee(f): 6:50am On Dec 05, 2016
Lol if it happened in naija?
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by dejonathan(f): 6:50am On Dec 05, 2016
hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by 2rublues(m): 6:51am On Dec 05, 2016
Is that the best news for today
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by Exponental(m): 6:51am On Dec 05, 2016
His days had not been rough, if not, he would have had a very deep sleep (that would take a very big bang to wake him).

2 Likes

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by chrisxxx(m): 6:52am On Dec 05, 2016
I did the same and exactly at the quoted time. I was building my house. I realised every morning somebody had come to defaecate inside the building under construction. This is ominous, taboo and abomination from the part of the world I come from. I shouted to people around it wouldn't stop. I wrote on the wall it would not stop. I used scarecrow, it was a human and not an animal that wouldn't not differentiate an animate object from inanimate, it continued.
When all efforts failed, I decided to grab the bull only by the horn. I started going there very early in the morning. Then come the D-day. I saw in my hiding someone walking into one of the rooms of the building. I had wanted to raise alarm but I remembered the man might say he wasn't there to defaecate. Good enough it was in same room I was. I had noticed this act had been prevalent in this room. In front of me the man pulled down his pant. I never made a move he might claim he only wanted to urinate. This is no offence. He bent down backing me. I never interfered. I allowed him to complete the act in order to have a factual evidence. On completion of it all I stood up just behind and grabbed his shoulders pressing him down so that his buttucks would also have a share of the evidence.
The man started to beg. He was someone I know too well. I only told him he needed a 7-day prayer for deliverance. I called a pastor who did the prayer religiously for him and he paid the pastor.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:53am On Dec 05, 2016
If na naija, they will say he doesnt haven respect for elders

1 Like

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by sotall(m): 6:54am On Dec 05, 2016
That man should be brought to Nigeria and employed either as DSS agent, police detective or in the EFCC

1 Like

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by saxwizard(m): 6:54am On Dec 05, 2016
Lol the woman na winch

4 Likes

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by dalass(f): 6:55am On Dec 05, 2016
No way!
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by johnstar(m): 6:55am On Dec 05, 2016
K
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by Mckandre(m): 6:56am On Dec 05, 2016
uzowulu8:
.1. in Nigeria, nothing like serial car scratcher
2. Fp two times this week..
3. If I was in Nigeria, juju will do the sleeping in the bus
nothing dey to push to FP again?

1 Like

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 05, 2016
Not in Africa
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by friedcorn: 7:05am On Dec 05, 2016
Minister of power, a lawyer! Nigeria well done oooo
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:08am On Dec 05, 2016
If na naija now, na her ashes police go come carry....the headline for be " old witch caught and burnt to death for trying to bewitch a man"

2 Likes

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by saintfizzo(m): 7:09am On Dec 05, 2016
Oya com an arrest dis cute Geh too grin

7 Likes

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by symbianDON(m): 7:09am On Dec 05, 2016
ah! ahh!! benin witches don carry reach belarus grin
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by don4real18(m): 7:10am On Dec 05, 2016
shocked
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by shedy03(m): 7:10am On Dec 05, 2016
ajokebelle:
Immediately I saw the heading, I knew it was not in Nigeria.
lolz
Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by symbianDON(m): 7:11am On Dec 05, 2016
izzy4shizzy:
God forgive the snatcher when he reports for duty
bros no be SNATCHER o na SCRATCHER

2 Likes

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by koolcat: 7:12am On Dec 05, 2016
THE OLD WOMAN SEF... aii tire oo

2 Likes

Re: Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:17am On Dec 05, 2016
symbianDON:

bros no be SNATCHER o na SCRATCHER

My bad...I for wonder how him go sleep for car the wait for pesin we go bring gun

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database / My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On / New Tinted Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.