Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. (14027 Views)

Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values / Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. / Was Man Created Before Or After The Animals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by hopefulLandlord: 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Wait! U are bringing more instances of the contradictions in the bible to prove the bible is true?? C'monC'mon

wetin we no go see cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

My interpretation?? No, science says the sun is the major source of natural light , ur bible contradicts that and u want to twist the words of the bible to be in line with that scientific fact
that's what apologists do

2 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

I am only pointing out your shallow Scripture level.
Your questions are borne out of ignorance of other scriptures.

It takes scripture to understand scripture.

Go and study the bible fully. And also atudy its chronology.
What other chronology is more explicit than 1st day and 4th day?? If the bible didn't say first and was just using conjunctions, I wouldn't have bothered but it clearly says first and fourth.
Tell me, do u have a problem with the fact that man was created on the sixth day? No, because it doesn't contradict science but when another part of the bible is obviously crap...

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

My interpretation?? No, science says the sun is the major source of natural light , ur bible contradicts that and u want to twist the words of the bible to be in line with that scientific fact

So science is your interpretation of bible abi?
U see urself?

Besides, u said "major"
I thought u would have said its the "only source'

Since the sun is not the only source of light in the universe, u then concluded that the one in Genesis must be "sun" and u made your assumption on it abi?

Even scientists agree that some black holes emit light.
God is light.
Jesus is light.
Even Lucifer means light star.

You see yourself?

Like i said, u r only swimming in your left over pride.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Marvel1206: 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

yet you understand this "mystery" so much that you want everyone to start praying to this mystery

you know that "mystery" so much you believe the crucifixion of a mere Jewish folklore carpenter on the cross in a small Israeli village as forgiveness for your (African) misdemeanors

you understand this "mystery" so much that you're sure there's an eternal furnace awaiting whoever doesn't believe your tales

you understand this "mystery" so much that you know what he wants

you understand this "mystery" so much that you speak with absolute certainty when talking about him

who's deceiving who?.......
You are the one wallowing in self-deceit, hate has beclouded your thoughts that almost all the question you put upthere is invalid

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

What other chronology is more explicit than 1st day and 4th day?? If the bible didn't say first and was just using conjunctions, I wouldn't have bothered but it clearly says first and fourth.
Tell me, do u have a problem with the fact that man was created on the sixth day? No, because it doesn't contradict science but when another part of the bible is obviously crap...

And u misinterpreted the events of the first day.
I told you before.

Keep mixing ignorance and stubbornness.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

So science is your interpretation of bible abi?
U see urself?

Besides, u said "major"
I thought u would have said its the "only source'

Since the sun is not the only source of light in the universe, u then concluded that the one in Genesis must be "sun" and u made your assumption on it abi?

Even scientists agree that some black holes emit light.
God is light.
Jesus is light.
Even Lucifer means light star.

You see yourself?

Like i said, u r only swimming in your left over pride.
Don't disgrace yourself further.... The other sources of light are not enough to form day and night as claimed by he bible in verses 4&5, and if u took the time to Google the other sources of light, u won't make such a comment
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Don't disgrace yourself further.... The other sources of light are not enough to form day and night as claimed by he bible in verses 4&5, and if u took the time to Google the other sources of light, u won't make such a comment

because u have seen the entire universe right?

Your case is closed bro.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

And u misinterpreted the events of the first day.
I told you before.

Keep mixing ignorance and stubbornness.
I misinterpreted?? God said let there be light and there was light and the light was called day and the darkness night and that was the first day.
Then he created the moon and sun and stars and the moon to govern the night... And that was the fourth day... Plss tell me the misinterpretation, or its just your go-to word in your attempt to defend the bible
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by dalaman: 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
Christian apologist just dancing and dribbling themselves on this thread. Most Jewish Rabbis will tell you that the creation story in the bible is just an allegory. Most serious and honest christian apologist are now taking that position. They say the Genesis creation account is only symbolic. The position of the catholic church is that its an allegory. Why our brothers here are busy dancing over each other over a settled matter is what I fail to understand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

because u have seen the entire universe right?

Your case is closed bro.
When there is eclipse of the sun, there's total darkness in places where the sun rays is being blocked, when the "sun sets", there is night.... So tell me the impact of these other sources of light
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 2:05pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

When there is eclipse of the sun, there's total darkness in places where the sun rays is being blocked, when the "sun sets", there is night.... So tell me the impact of these other sources of light

Be trying to stylishly educate yourself there.
Its your usual thing after seeing your errors.
Be waiting for other sources of light there, after u havev assumed the sun is everything.

undecided abeg
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Be trying to stylishly educate yourself there.
Its your usual thing after seeing your errors.
Be waiting for other sources of light there, after u havev assumed the sun is everything.

undecided abeg
Argh... It's like arguing with my four year old nephew... Plss, what response do u have to the assertion that without sun, we can't have daylight... Because, we already had day and night before the sun was created according to the bible
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Argh... It's like arguing with my four year old nephew... Plss, what response do u have to the assertion that without sun, we can't have daylight... Because, we already had day and night before the sun was created according to the bible

Exactly.
And i have told u possibilities of sources of light that could have made the first day.
No where is it written that the sun was specifically responsible for the light of the first day.

I know English is hard for u. Try.

Your thread is based on the ignorant notion that the sun is the only source of light in the universe.

You are wrong, kid.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by urahara(m): 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
lol dude dude
This is what religous apologists do
Rationalise thier beliefs
I was arguing with a muslim one time
The Quran says man was formed with a drop of water from the ribs which is wrong
You need to see apologetics
Also the fact the Quran says the sun moves around the earth
It was so obvious
The person said it was talking about revolving round the milky way
I was just like......

They know how to argue semantics well , even when the truth is obvious

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Exactly.
And i have told u possibilities of sources of light that could have made the first day.
No where is it written that the sun was specifically responsible for the light of the first day.

I know English is hard for u. Try.

Your thread is based on the ignorance that the sun is the only source of light in the universe.

You are wrong, kid.
Right from my first comment, I already used the word major,.... and am the one who doesn't understand English??
Plss, don't digress and answer... Are other sources of light sufficient to create daylight??
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Right from my first comment, I already used the word major,.... and am the one who doesn't understand English??
Plss, don't digress and answer... Are other sources of light sufficient to create daylight??

I am tired of this back and forth between you and felixomor. I didnt want to indulge in explaining this to you as i was not in the mood but now let me end this. Grab your bible and follow me. If you have it respond
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I am tired of this back and forth between you and felixomor. I didnt want to indulge in explaining this to you as i was not in the mood but now let me end this. Grab your bible and follow me. If you have it respond
grin ... Oya
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

grin ... Oya

This was your bible reference correct?

3 Then God commanded, “Let there be light”—and light appeared. 4 God was pleased with what he saw. Then he separated the light from the darkness, 5 and he named the light “Day” and the darkness “Night.” Evening passed and morning came—that was the first day.
14 Then God commanded, “Let lights appear in the sky to separate day from night and to show the time when days, years, and religious festivals begin; 15 they will shine in the sky to give light to the earth”—and it was done. 16 So God made the two larger lights, the sun to rule over the day and the moon to rule over the night; he also made the stars. 17 He placed the lights in the sky to shine on the earth, 18 to rule over the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God was pleased with what he saw. 19 Evening passed and morning came—that was the fourth day.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Plss, don't digress and answer... Are other sources of light sufficient to create daylight ??

Its the major to you does it make it major to God who created the universe?

Besides, look at your second ignorant question there.

In case u dont know, any emmision of UV light can create day and night effect irrespective of the source.

It only depends on how close you are to the planetary body and your rotational movement.

You want to still drag yourself?
sad
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

In case u dont know, any emmision of UV light can create day and night effect irrespective of the source.

It only depends on how close you are to the planetary body and your rotational movement.

sad

Felix stop!
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
@ the OP i will break this down into little bits so you can follow and not end up telling me you do not understand hence continuing this senseless argument.

Genesis begins with verse 1 clearly declaring:

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was formless and void..."

Hebrew translation declares the heavens spoken of there as meaning the Universe! Correct?

pls follow me quickly and answer quickly too. This is a class

2 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:
@ the OP i will break this down into little bits so you can follow and not end up telling me you do not understand hence continuing this senseless argument.

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was formless and void..."

Hebrew translation declares the heavens spoken of there as meaning the Universe! Correct?

This gonna be interesting.
*graps a seat and sits down*.

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
Lol
If a holy book.was a math book and an apologist was a math teacher
APOLOGIST: this is the best and most accurate book you can ever find on math
From calculus to geometry 100% legit!!! cool
NEW STUDENT: ummm excuse me sir but on this very first page it says 2+2 is 10
APOLOGIST: what?
STUDENT:2+2 is 10
APOLOGIST: And that is wrong how
Look man you can't get this book anywhere else
Anything it says is correct
You have been deceived by universally accepted mathematics
You see the number 2
Is actually a semi - circle and a line combined
2- so when you look.at the second 2 its the same thing
What you need to do
Add those two semi- circles together
It becomes 0
Add the two lines together
It becomes 1
So as you have seen for yourself 2+2 is actually 10
OLD STUDENTS:*tear* this explanation just blows my mind everytime
(old students gives standing ovation)
APOLOGIST: cool
NEW STUDENT: the fu...........

4 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

sad
What are u saying like this?? Daylight from the sun is the strongest source of UV light so which source of light of strong enough to cause daylight besides the sun?? Before, your argument was that the sun was actually created on the first day but became designated as the sun later. Now, you have switched to there are other sources of light before the sun was created...
Who is confused?? You or the bible?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Oh... Pls continue... Amma expose your book of bedtime stories as the fraud it is today... Just continue and please straight to the point
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

What are u saying like this?? Daylight from the sun is the strongest source of UV light so which source of light of strong enough to cause daylight besides the sun?? Before, your argument was that the sun was actually created on the first day but became designated as the sun later. Now, you have switched to there are other sources of light before the sun was created...
Who is confused?? You or the bible?

Quiet.
Day and night on earth is a function of the earths distance from the sun and its rotation.

If the earth moves farther from the sun, this day and night will change.
Thats why planets far from the sun experience only night.
And so it is for any source of light.

Stop thinking kiddish.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Oh... Pls continue... Amma expose your book of bedtime stories as the fraud it is today... Just continue and please straight to the point

This is not straight to the point. Answer my questions as i take you through class. So i will ask again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Quiet.
Day and night on earth is a function of the earths distance from the sun and its rotation.

If the earth moves farther from the sun, this day and night will change.
Thats why planets far from the sun experience only night.
Stop thinking kiddish.

Who asked for elementary science explanation from you... Name the other sources that created daylight and let's see whether it's scientifically possible
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
@ foladara777 are you responding to my question or not?

Does Heavens in hebrew context which that scripture was taken from mean universe or not?
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 2:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

This is not straight to the point. Answer my questions as i take you through class. So i will ask again

Who do u think you are?? If you have a point to make stop stalling... Am not obliged to answer you.. I only answer because I want to refute whatever argument u assume u have

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed / Gospel Music Versus Secular Music / How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.