Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. (10733 Views)

My Former Employer Is About To Cheat Me, Please Help / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / FG Pays 81 Months Pension Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by ezebunafo(m): 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
Please nairalanders I really need your advice on this,what can be done when a former company that sacked many staff,and some resigned willingly is yet to pay about 23 months unremitted pension funds to the affected staff's R.S.A ?when confronted they claimed that states are owing too.
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by bigtt76(f): 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
Report them to FIRS. If they've filed their taxes, then they should have paid your pension too angry

ezebunafo:
Please nairalanders I really need your advice on this,what can be done when a former company that sacked many staff,and some resigned willingly is yet to pay about 23 months unremitted pension funds to the affected staff's R.S.A ?when confronted they claimed that states are owing too.

4 Likes

Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by ezebunafo(m): 4:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
bigtt76:
Report them to FIRS. If they've filed their taxes, then they should have paid your pension too angry

thanks I didn't think about that.

1 Like

Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by afanide: 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
FIRS is your option mostly now that they are angry at those misbehaving......

Want to start EXPORTATION BUSINESS
(Bitterkola/Ginger, Cocoa Powder) etc. Get the training materials and start
making some cool dollar.

My contact is on
my signature below.....

5 Likes

Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by chiwetaluAGU(m): 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
Buy matches, carry fuel go there. But no burn down the place to ashes o!
Thank me later cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by olujaidi: 5:02am On Dec 04, 2016
afanide:
FIRS is your option mostly now that they are angry at those misbehaving......

bigtt76:

PENCOM is the agency to report to. You and your colleagues should rally and report to them. They do compliance audits to ensure that there are no under deductions, no under remittances and that employers discharge their pension obligations

17 Likes

Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by seguno2: 7:02am On Dec 04, 2016
Talk to a lawyer.
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by nmreports: 7:02am On Dec 04, 2016
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by youngwarlocks: 7:02am On Dec 04, 2016
With God all things are possible, go and pray and then confront him politely, prayer changes things. I am a living witness.

Happy First Sunday of December All

1 Like

Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by sakalisis(m): 7:04am On Dec 04, 2016
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by David0(m): 7:10am On Dec 04, 2016
olujaidi:

PENCOM is the agency to report to. You and your colleagues should rally and report to them. They do compliance audits to ensure that there are no under deductions and under remittances

You should contact them with details of ur employment letter stating ur pension. Otherwise if it is not stated there, u myt just b fighting a lost battle.
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by Cmeo(m): 7:13am On Dec 04, 2016
Report to PENCOM. PENCOM (National Pension Commission) is the right regulatory agency to report this matter to. Your employer will also be asked to pay penalty and interest on contribution not yet remitted. You can search the internet for a PENCOM office close to you.
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by MathsChic(f): 7:25am On Dec 04, 2016
Pray they don't know anyone in those agencies mentioned, else your petition go just enter voice mail, lol.
Seriously though, you need to check your contract. Did they say they'll pay? If yes, engage a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by lwise(m): 7:28am On Dec 04, 2016
Cmeo:
Report to PENCOM. PENCOM (National Pension Commission) is the right regulatory agency to report this matter to. Your employer will also be asked to pay penalty and interest on contribution not yet remitted. You can search the internet for a PENCOM office close to you.

I've written several mails to PENCOM in the past with no acknowledgement of receiving my mails.
Just try FIRS then PENCOM.
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by lielbree: 7:38am On Dec 04, 2016
These monies are expected to be deducted at source.
One of the key features of pension act 2014 is that it must be fully funded at all times.

Op why did you keep quite for 23months when you were not receiving credit alert from your RSA?
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by neonly: 7:41am On Dec 04, 2016
Tell buhari
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by sbm4real(m): 7:45am On Dec 04, 2016
Your PFA can take it up with them. Mine offered to arrange a meeting with a former employer after which they said they (PFA) will take it up with PENCOM's compliance team. Your PFA needs that money too so they will fight for it.

My former employer has since paid.

Cheers

6 Likes

Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by Greenbullet(m): 7:46am On Dec 04, 2016
smh Nigeria.
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by Adesiji77: 7:48am On Dec 04, 2016
Use all the available channels (email, Twitter, surface mail) at your disposal to report them to PENCOM.

Write a letter to PENCOM and state your grievances. Ensure they are CC'ed in the letter and make their copy available to them.

By the way, what was the nature of your disengagement from the company? Resignation?

Hope you have copies of your employment letter, payslips, etc in your possession.

2 Likes

Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 04, 2016
youngwarlocks:
With God all things are possible, go and pray and then confront him politely, prayer changes things. I am a living witness.

Happy First Sunday of December All

Practical answers bro

What is there to pray about when we have regulatory bodies?

My God. is this what Christianity is about?

Imagine Jesus was on earth and on NL. Do you think he would ask her to pray or apply wisdom and give her practical steps to resolve the issue cos it's her entitlement.

We Christians need to be more intelligent in our approach to issues.

13 Likes

Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 04, 2016
Sue him to the National Industrial Court. That is fraudulent
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by OHCOMEON: 8:20am On Dec 04, 2016
Op get your PIN,Name, Coy & your phone No, get to PENCOM office near you & you & report your former employer, send a copy to your PFA, you don't need a lawyer on this.
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by Satioshi: 8:25am On Dec 04, 2016
olujaidi:

PENCOM is the agency to report to. You and your colleagues should rally and report to them. They do compliance audits to ensure that there are no under deductions and under remittances

Very correct. The PFAs do not have the powers to compel defaulting employers to pay.The Commission has a compliance department that compels them to pay not only the deducted contributions but also a penalty of 2% of the deducted sum to the RSA(Retirement savings account) holder for every 14 days it is withheld after deduction and 1% of the same amount to the Commission. So you and your colleagues should write a letter to the Commission and send it via email on info@Pencom.gov.ng or submit it at the South West regional office at 88A Oduduwa Crescent, Ikeja Lagos or call 08055998808. Remember to attach your RSA statements and appointment and exit letters as proof of the under-remittance.

5 Likes

Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by DavidEsq(m): 8:44am On Dec 04, 2016
Satioshi:

Very correct. The PFAs do not have the powers to compel defaulting employers to pay.The Commission has a compliance department that compels them to pay not only the deducted contributions but also a penalty of 2% of the deducted sum to the RSA(Retirement savings account) holder for every 14 days it is withheld after deduction and 1% of the same amount to the Commission. So you and your colleagues should write a letter to the Commission and send it via email on info@Pencom.gov.ng or submit it at the South West regional office at 88A Oduduwa Crescent, Ikeja Lagos or call 08055998808. Remember to attach your RSA statements and appointment and exit letters as proof of the under-remittance.
Nairaland is the best thing that has ever hapned to many of us, esp me. U get all the crazy ppl, cool ppl, super-educative info, damn! Dis is good.

6 Likes

Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by ezebunafo(m): 9:03am On Dec 04, 2016
MathsChic:
Pray they don't know anyone in those agencies mentioned, else your petition go just enter voice mail, lol.
Seriously though, you need to check your contract. Did they say they'll pay? If yes, engage a lawyer.
I believe they do
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by ezebunafo(m): 9:06am On Dec 04, 2016
Yea I have all the documents, I resigned but most of my colleagues were retrenched.
Adesiji77:
Use all the available channels (email, Twitter, surface mail) at your disposal to report them to PENCOM.

Write a letter to PENCOM and state your grievances. Ensure they are CC'ed in the letter and make their copy available to them.

By the way, what was the nature of your disengagement from the company? Resignation?

Hope you have copies of your employment letter, payslips, etc in your possession.
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by ezebunafo(m): 9:08am On Dec 04, 2016
Thanks for the info
Satioshi:

Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by Gideonmi(m): 9:16am On Dec 04, 2016
Satioshi:

well said.
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by Donnyboy(m): 9:34am On Dec 04, 2016
please any Lawyer or law practitioner here? inbox me ur number... I have some important questions to ask
Re: My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. by olujaidi: 9:36am On Dec 04, 2016
David0:

You should contact them with details of ur employment letter stating ur pension. Otherwise if it is not stated there, u myt just b fighting a lost battle.

They should at least start the battle

(1) (2) (Reply)

OpenAI Co-Founder, Greg Brockman, Resigns / Do You Love Your Current Job? / Bank Job Or Current Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.