Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Nairaland Christian: What You Must Know In Matthew 7:6 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian: What You Must Know In Matthew 7:6 (672 Views)

Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know / Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 / Meeting A Lady You Dont Know In Life Twice In Your Dream Is A Sign Of What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Christian: What You Must Know In Matthew 7:6 by GoodMuyis(m): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
Matthew 7:6 - Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

This is a command fron Jesus to His disciples and those who were hearing as at then, and the verse is summerily stated that one will missed the personal message coming out of it. Without going into more bugaboo I will be giving you the Message from Christ.

As a Nairaland Christian, you faced a foe in this Religion section. There are strong and weak christian and I think the message goes to all.

Read the text again and I will help you to liken the Nairaland atheist to the dog ad swine their. Jesus said You should not give unto them that which is holy, neither cast before them your pearls (expensive stuff).

What is that Holy things; The scripture, it is sacred word of God. Throw this before them, it will become useless, because they have no Holy Spirit to Interprete it to them, hence, they will make mess of it.

What is the Pearls (expensive stuff); The Knowledge and impartation you gain as a result of diligently studying the Bible. You dont get this in a day, but from continual Studying and Searching the scripture daily. Spent a lot time and other resources to understand what the Bible is talking about, then you gave the knowledge freely to them, they will turn back and throw it at your face, because they dont share with you the FAITH OF YOUR FATHER.

Dont be so carried away that you are evangelising them, they know the truth and its ever before their face (Romans 1:21, 30). The gospel cannot be force on anyone except he accept it (ex King Agripa)

Acts 26:
27 - King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest.
28 - Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

==
Acts 16:
31. And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
33. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
34. And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

How can you discus with an atheist, Christianity cannot be understood without the Holy Spirit hence I will advice that you step down low to Philosophy, Psychology and Theology, because every Biblical Question an atheist ask, he already knew the answer but just trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. Most of their question are googled yet endless repetition.

I do not said you should not talk to atheist, but dont waist your energy trying to explain Bible to them. BUT If the Holy Spirit give you go ahead, dont hesitate. ALSO REMEMBER its not by Power nor might, but by the Spirit of God, that is you can convert a soul except the Holy Spirit Convict and Convert.

Shalom!

CC: Anas09, 4everGod, shadeyinka, naijadeyhia, felixomor, damogul, Promise10, winner01, KingEbukasBlog

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Christian: What You Must Know In Matthew 7:6 by GoodMuyis(m): 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog your link is not working what happen

http://www.kingebuka.com/
Re: Nairaland Christian: What You Must Know In Matthew 7:6 by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
GoodMuyis:
KingEbukasBlog your link is not working what happen

http://www.kingebuka.com/

It has expired bro . Working towards renewing it though . Thanks for asking .
Re: Nairaland Christian: What You Must Know In Matthew 7:6 by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
@ GoodMuyis For me I don't argue with the atheists to proselytize them . The idea is to expose the foolishness of atheism so Christians teetering between staying in faith or leaving would learn from the points I make .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Christian: What You Must Know In Matthew 7:6 by GoodMuyis(m): 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
@ GoodMuyis For me I don't argue with the atheists to proselytize them . The idea is to expose the foolishness of atheism so Christians teetering between staying in faith or leaving would learn from the points I make .

Dont be Tired

(1) (Reply)

UPDATE: 200 Worshippers Die After A/Ibom Church Collapses, How Gov Escaped Death / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/01/17 / The Apostle Johnson Suleiman Saga (my Take)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.