Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Precious Okoro, FUTO First Class Graduate - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Precious Okoro, FUTO First Class Graduate (47280 Views)

Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story / First Class Graduate Who Wrote JAMB Six Times, Dies Few Days After NYSC / Al-Ameen: Bayero University First Class Graduate Dies A Day After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Precious Okoro, FUTO First Class Graduate by Icon79(m): 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
Beautiful face.

As for the body, not too much sha
Re: Precious Okoro, FUTO First Class Graduate by trino: 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
rookidmart:

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean she didnt try, or her result is not good.
I just feel 4.71 is too low to be the best CGPA in the whole FUTO.

EDIT: It's actually her faculty, and not the whole school.

Wish you graduated from FUTO, you would swallow that utterances you just made. FUTO don't just give out first class on a platter of gold like some other schools..If she graduated with that CGPA, it is well deserved. The perceived notion that the CGPA is low to be best for the whole faculty just further cement the fact that it is not an easy ground to be in, academically. It is purely on merit...

You need to be in FUTO to understand the whole details of what I have said.

Congrats, my dear......A FUTO Alumni signing off grin grin grin. Cheers mate
Re: Precious Okoro, FUTO First Class Graduate by seunfape(m): 7:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
I have seen the brain but the beauty is what am still looking for?
Re: Precious Okoro, FUTO First Class Graduate by millionboi(m): 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
ItsTheBachelor:
She was collecting good sperm.
lol . .hope no b 1st class puna
Re: Precious Okoro, FUTO First Class Graduate by rookidmart: 9:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
trino:

Wish you graduated from FUTO, you would swallow that utterances you just made. FUTO don't just give out first class on a platter of gold like some other schools..If she graduated with that CGPA, it is well deserved. The perceived notion that the CGPA is low to be best for the whole faculty just further cement the fact that it is not an easy ground to be in, academically. It is purely on merit...

You need to be in FUTO to understand the whole details of what I have said.

Congrats, my dear......A FUTO Alumni signing off grin grin grin. Cheers mate
I thought it was the highest CGPA in the whole school.

By the way, Ayodele Dada that graduated with 5.0 from Unilag does not have two heads tongue
(Don't ask for my own CGPA, I be Olodo grin)
Re: Precious Okoro, FUTO First Class Graduate by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 06, 2016
datibo1111:
Initially I had wanted to insult you but I won't go low to your standard. I finished my bsc from a IMO state university, came over to the so called best federal university in Nigeria somewhere in south west for my masters degree. I had all the UIs unilags OAUs ilorins as course mate. some with first class while some already has masters degree in the same course. none of them saw my back. I finish
ed top of the class with a land slide. South western schools are hugely over rated. What I did in my bsc in imsu was 70% of what I did in ur best federal university. I know some one from Michael okpara university doing her PhD in Cambridge and someone from unizik doing his PhD in MIT.

Let me correct the impression in ur last sentence, graduate of any school can be anywhere, irrespective of whatever school one has attend and it geographical location. Polytechnics have equally produced graduates doing very fine in diaspora. There is absolutely no limit to what we can achieve regardless of our respective alma mata.

I beg to differ on ur comment sir. I attended a polytechnic and another university before heading for unilag, it's imperative to note that I lead consecutively in the poly and was among to leading in that varsity too. I decided to forge ahead at the faculty of engineering, unilag. To my greatest dismay, I lost balance immediately. Apart from whatever we were thought in class, those guys have vast knowledge of so many things I couldn't comprehend. They could understand anything, no matter how abstract. I was disappointed at myself despite putting more effort than I've done in previous schools.

Having experience a lot, I can make bold to say first class differs, a first class can be a last class in another school. I don't in anyway doubt ur ability, however, I'm curious to know that school u obtain ur M.Sc from. Maybe Fuyeekiti but thinking u won't meet fierce competition among graduates of those schools u earlier mentioned is not so true. I've been there before.
Re: Precious Okoro, FUTO First Class Graduate by datibo1111: 9:58am On Dec 06, 2016
LARRYDKING:

Let me correct the impression in ur last sentence, graduate of any school can be anywhere, irrespective of whatever school one has attend and it geographical location. Polytechnics have equally produced graduates doing very fine in diaspora. There is absolutely no limit to what we can achieve regardless of our respective alma mata.

I beg to differ on ur comment sir. I attended a polytechnic and another university before heading for unilag, it's imperative to note that I lead consecutively in the poly and was among to leading in that varsity too. I decided to forge ahead at the faculty of engineering, unilag. To my greatest dismay, I lost balance immediately. Apart from whatever we were thought in class, those guys have vast knowledge of so many things I couldn't comprehend. They could understand anything, no matter how abstract. I was disappointed at myself despite putting more effort than I've done in previous schools.

Having experience a lot, I can make bold to say first class differs, a first class can be a last class in another school. I don't in anyway doubt ur ability, however, I'm curious to know that school u obtain ur M.Sc from. Maybe Fuyeekiti but thinking u won't meet fierce competition among graduates of those schools u earlier mentioned is not so true. I've been there before.
Ma my CGPA couldn't be compared with majority of my coursemates. The best of the best from these schools I had mentioned where my coursemates. I know two of them who already had an msc from the university of Ibadan bfr coming down to the university of Lagos to read the same course with me. We where just two from eastern universities, while I was from imsu the other came from nsukka and we both made distinction. Again I repeat with utmost confidence, south western schools are hugely over rated. I made a distinction with a cgpa of 4.80 from the university of Lagos while the UIs ilorins OAUs unilags where struggling for PhD grade.
Re: Precious Okoro, FUTO First Class Graduate by trino: 11:14am On Dec 06, 2016
rookidmart:

I thought it was the highest CGPA in the whole school.

By the way, Ayodele Dada that graduated with 5.0 from Unilag does not have two heads tongue
(Don't ask for my own CGPA, I be Olodo grin)

I admire Ayodele's academic guile. However, you don't get that easily in FUTO... I am not saying he didn't merit it but then FUTO is more stringent and thorough when awarding first class to students. So please the next time, you come across one, kindly extend a congratulatory handshake because it is not easy. As per your CGPA, I wouldn't want to know for now but I like your perceived humorous nature in your write-up.

Cheers mate! grin

1 Like

Re: Precious Okoro, FUTO First Class Graduate by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 16, 2017
Orikinla:
First Class graduate at FUTO may not stand up to Second Class lower graduate of University of Ibadan, OAU or UNILAG.
But a First Class graduate of UI can stand up to First Class graduates of Oxford, Cambridge and Yale.

The academic calibre of the faculty determines the quality of education in a university.
FUTO is by no standard inferior to any university in Nigeria. As a matter of fact its even more difficult to graduate with a 2.1 or a 1st class in FUTO than your U.I because FUTO is a science and technology university and many engineering and mathematics courses are compulsory, regardless of your department. So someone in agric department in FUTO does many Engxxx and Mthxxx courses like his/her engineering counterpart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fresh IMSU Graduate Dead As Students Poured Dirty Water On Him! [PHOTO] / Teacher Impregnates JSS2 Student In Delta / Security Alert For Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.