Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,653 members, 7,851,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:31 PM

2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. (26269 Views)

2019 Presidency: Saraki, Atiku, Mark, Tambuwal Others Eye SDP Ticket / 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) / 2019 Presidency: South West PDP Group Endorses Gov. Dankwambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by Armstrong34(m): 8:16am On Dec 05, 2016
D North shld jus go and die..... We don't need their scam anymore... Okay afonjas we d SE knws u pple r backstabbing sha.... Buh let's do business again come 2019...NDI igbo biko let's give afonjas anoda chance...cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by umarazizz87(m): 8:16am On Dec 05, 2016
Lies, lies! The so called Northern leaders did not install Buhari as the president. It will be a big big bullshit to say otherwise. Buhari won because of his extreme popularity with the common masses in the North. Who's Ango Abdullahi, who is Balarabe Musa? I know those people but 90% of the 'common' people who voted for Buhari do not even know any of these persons, despite their social standings in the North.

It is true the northern masses are not happy with Buhari because of the current economic hardships in the country. But none of these so called northern leaders can tell the North what to do. So this story is just a fiction..... SAD!
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by kinguwem: 8:20am On Dec 05, 2016
kunle86:
So everybody believed that? lets wait till then and see. But Buhari isn't our problem but we are problem of ourselfs. Many things are made in nigeria but we exploit ourself by selling them in high cost to gain multiple profit.
It still boils down to leadership. With the right policies they will be no speculations & panic. Buhari is a bad market but do we have a credible & acceptable alternative? The same sentiments in 2015 will apply in 2019.
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by ritababe(f): 8:30am On Dec 05, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
ATIKU2019

why are you like this ? huh! why must we keep on rotating like ceiling fan? Atiku was the vice president for eight years and he got nothing to show for it what more can he offer? please we need young men not the already retired idiots that ruin Nigeria.
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by Atiku2019: 8:35am On Dec 05, 2016
ritababe:

why are you like this ? huh! why must we keep on rotating like ceiling fan? Atiku was the vice president for eight years and he got nothing to show for it what more can he offer? please we need young men not the already retired idiots that ruin Nigeria.

Name any young man you think can lead us right now.
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:40am On Dec 05, 2016
ritababe:

but you brought in Buhari after a young and dynamic president in the person of GEJ....................................

ATIKU2019 IS A MOVEMENT cool
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by ritababe(f): 8:41am On Dec 05, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

but you brought in Buhari after a young and dynamic president in the person of GEJ....................................

ATIKU2019 IS A MOVEMENT cool

I didn't, bringing Atiku is no different from buhari, you guys should think before you make same mistake.
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by ritababe(f): 8:42am On Dec 05, 2016
Atiku2019:

Name any young man you think can lead us right now.
they are many
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 05, 2016
Otono123:
Better for them, cos I can't wait to see the President Buhari out of Aso rock come 2019. Damn it!!!!!! The man is so clueless headless

Fixed

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by Atiku2019: 8:51am On Dec 05, 2016
ritababe:

they are many

I just need names my dearest cool
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by emmasege: 8:53am On Dec 05, 2016
I hope my southwest e-warriors of APC and Buhari have heard the northerners rejecting their own. It's time you guys stopped defending and marketing a bad product.

'Ohun ti o da ko l'oruko meji, ko da l'o nje' i.e. what is bad has no other name, it is called 'bad'.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by theGistsonline: 9:01am On Dec 05, 2016
IykeChukz:
We cannot go back to history, We can only learn.

Short and simple, Buhari is a bad market.

Tested and confirmed!

The person ahead of me is still living in oblivion.
nicely said! Tested & Proven!
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by me69: 9:02am On Dec 05, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
•Political leaders shop for president’s replacement

•President’s men begin consultations

•Ango Abdullahi, Balarabe, Junaid speak

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2019-presidency-north-rules-blanket-support-buhari/

"Who happens to be a northerner" Is it what they said or what you added in order to create tensions. We voted Buhari because we believe in him fighting corruption not because he is a northerner.
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by MARKone(m): 9:04am On Dec 05, 2016
Enough of this Northacrasy, who told them that they were born to rule. We should reject any candidate that comes from the North, what nonsence, they(North) gave us Obasanjo, Jonathan became president, because a northern president died on the seat. Are they the only ones that have the magic wand, please let's give other region a chance, nothing good has come out from the North. It is the turn of the southeast to produce the president, we have the brain, we have the people, any Igbo man that does not support this cause is a f00l, ka anyi chitukwanu!

Peter Obi and Fayose will make a wonderful pair.
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by mikkypel(m): 9:09am On Dec 05, 2016
We are in 2016.. The Economy is not looking good but their focus is 2019..which country be this sef?
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by bashydemy(m): 9:23am On Dec 05, 2016
Otono123:
Better for them, cos I can't wait to see the President Buhari out of Aso rock come 2019. Damn it!!!!!! The man is so clueless

LOL better for them? but you guys always call them born to rule and still supporting them, The was teh same way North will keep ruling Nigeria..

The best if for Buhari to finish his 8yrs so other region come on or else the next person from North will also want to spend 8yrs make and that wil make it 12yrs.
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by Cunninlinguist: 9:33am On Dec 05, 2016
freeze001:
All I see in the op is the northern hegemony at play. All they're after is what a replacement can do for the North; despite all the appointments they hold, they still feel shortchanged by ministerial appointments. There's no story of the 'one Nigeria' madness/propaganda, it's just about the North and retaining power.

I wonder if the South can wake up to this reality and stop being one Nigeria practitioners, we've got to learn to put our regions and tribes first without any apologies because that is what the North will always do; all they care for is power to maintain access to the easy wealth from the South whilst keeping theirs for themselves.

This is one of the areas where I blame GEJ because he didn't concentrate on his home and his Southern neighbours rather he kept on the the thankless practical implementation of one Nigeria and at the end he was adjudged unfit for a 2nd term simply because power was to be 'returned' to the north at all costs. He's been vilified and insulted and unfortunately, there's really nothing unusual or extraordinary he executed down South despite the huge support he had just because he chose to first be 'Nigerian' before being an Ijaw from Southern Nigeria.

It's high time politicians in the South learnt to put a Southern agenda forward first and foremost and stop allowing themselves to be blackmailed by the same Northerners who do worse. If we've got to learn nepotism and tribalism then we better do cos no be only Northerners sabi do civil service work or get appointment and thankfully, we're always more than qualified.

Let the truth be told; from the reading of the op, one Nigeria is only a blackmail attempt to keep the South in perpetual servitude and that must stop!
Making sense

Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 05, 2016
freeze001:
All I see in the op is the northern hegemony at play. All they're after is what a replacement can do for the North; despite all the appointments they hold, they still feel shortchanged by ministerial appointments. There's no story of the 'one Nigeria' madness/propaganda, it's just about the North and retaining power.

I wonder if the South can wake up to this reality and stop being one Nigeria practitioners, we've got to learn to put our regions and tribes first without any apologies because that is what the North will always do; all they care for is power to maintain access to the easy wealth from the South whilst keeping theirs for themselves.

This is one of the areas where I blame GEJ because he didn't concentrate on his home and his Southern neighbours rather he kept on the the thankless practical implementation of one Nigeria and at the end he was adjudged unfit for a 2nd term simply because power was to be 'returned' to the north at all costs. He's been vilified and insulted and unfortunately, there's really nothing unusual or extraordinary he executed down South despite the huge support he had just because he chose to first be 'Nigerian' before being an Ijaw from Southern Nigeria.

It's high time politicians in the South learnt to put a Southern agenda forward first and foremost and stop allowing themselves to be blackmailed by the same Northerners who do worse. If we've got to learn nepotism and tribalism then we better do cos no be only Northerners sabi do civil service work or get appointment and thankfully, we're always more than qualified.

Let the truth be told; from the reading of the op, one Nigeria is only a blackmail attempt to keep the South in perpetual servitude and that must stop!
I've fallen in love with you already.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by Ahmedhussain3463: 9:47am On Dec 05, 2016
IykeChukz:
We cannot go back to history, We can only learn.

Short and simple, Buhari is a bad market.

Tested and confirmed!

The person ahead of me is still living in oblivion.
na u dey oblivion
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by Kingbuhari(m): 9:57am On Dec 05, 2016
Southern Nigeria was indeed blessed with highly gifted and very bright minds who, assisted to navigate the independence of Nigeria. “They were respected and revered by both friends and foes alike,yet they could not weld the South together in unity.They were so to speak, united more in distrust and cynicism about each other. The unfortunate result was the lack of unity, cohesion and solidarity among their people. Because we could not speak with one voice in matters of common interest, the South became easily manipulated and preyed upon by our detractors whose tactics has always been to divide and rule.” the time has come to correct the errors of yesterday. The statement identified the negative effects of the divisiveness of southerners as lack of common understanding and inability to speak with one voice unlike the North that in spite of their differences, always remains united in matters of common interest
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 05, 2016
kunle86:
So everybody believed that? lets wait till then and see. But buhari isn't our problem but we are problem of ourselfs. Many things are made in nigeria but we exploit ourself by selling them in high cost to gain multiple profit.
I agree in part with you but I will like to say buhari/ APC is one part of the problem... Because they were so keen on taking over they did not put down any road map for the next four years after they win the election.... The other problem is the Nigerian people themselves... We are not united so the average man is thinking about how to steal money from his fellow brother in d bid of making 200% gain of an already poor citizen...
Also we are the problem Because we sell ourselves short and let these people use poverty to control the people... And when we should speak out against them we sell our voices to the highest bidder. We need to believe in ourselves help ourselves irrespective of the tribe or language we speak ....

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by mmsen: 9:58am On Dec 05, 2016
Northerners and their foolish bigotry would be more tolerable if they were at least somewhat progressive. Unfortunately they aren't, at all.
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 05, 2016
As someone mentioned earlier,the people making noise are the Northern elite. 1) Buhari has never been part of the Northern elite 2) The northern elite did not put Buhari in power and they cannot remove him. 3) Buhari is a grassroots man, he has shown this in every election he fought, I doubt the Northern elite have the influence among the Norther electorate as they think they do against Buhari.

I expect any opposition to Buhari to be a north/SE alliance (more on this later), so Buhari's fate will be decided not on support of the "Northern elite" but on continued block support of the SW.

With regard to the north SE alliance, the greatest nightmare of the northern elite is to see an Igbo man as president. If Ibos think they are the only ones who still bear the scars of Biafra, beleive me the Northern elite have not forgotten.Considering what happened to Yaradua, I doubt the Northern elite will support a ticket with an ibo man as VP no matter how aggrieved they are at Buhari.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by jomoh: 10:51am On Dec 05, 2016
Peroti:

But the Aba made are cheap nah
Even ur afon brothers calls it fake and calls Innoson a moving coffin and prefer to patronize Italians even when they cant afford it..Hate/envy/triabalism is Nig. problm...get it?

"Truth is Plain*

how many of your own brother uses any of it. even you do you buy an a made.

it is normal for anybody irrespective of their tribe or location to condemn inferior good (provided there's an option for a quality one).

now that the dollar is high, making it hard for your brothers again to import the foreign goods ultimately eliminating competition, attention is now focused on aba made.

hopefully your brothers won't disappoint and improve their quality.
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by freeze001(f): 10:53am On Dec 05, 2016
kiss kiss wink
ColonelDrake:

I've fallen in love with you already.
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by Charly68: 11:05am On Dec 05, 2016
APC will not break,but the president will be upstaged at the party's primary in 2019 as there will be no automatic ticket for him. The party influential leaders will insist he allows younger element to contest and fly the party's ticket. His men would try to apply GEJ method but unfortunately they will be outwitted with the superior political machinations of the party's stalwarts . . I see Tambuwa or El- Rufai as potential presidential candidates.
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by DeYoungJoe(m): 11:45am On Dec 05, 2016
kunle86:
So everybody believed that? lets wait till then and see. But buhari isn't our problem but we are problem of ourselfs. Many things are made in nigeria but we exploit ourself by selling them in high cost to gain multiple profit.

you are on point but government also contributed to this inflation we are facing now
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by ajebuter(f): 12:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
Paperwhite:
Even the northerners now feel scammed & tired of their own "change"? So no more "Sai Buhari,Sai Chanji"? grin grin cheesy.Karma abeg where you dey? grin grin grin Meanwhile 4 years have not elapse yet o. grin grin grin. Born-to-rule right? Una never see anything yet.Bunch of fucktards.Hope Madridguy & Sarrki are still standing with this catastrophie of a president? tongue

In the voice of Madridguy: Sai Buhari to the last whistle...

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by 1stdammy: 12:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
Khd95:
Shameless unscrupulous elders

They are already talking bout 2019,where they will impose another aged deadbrain on us as our leader,what is more pathetic is that our youths who are supposed to move againts this unfortunate incident that will befall us are already pitching their tents in favour of some of these old men.

I weep for the future of nigeriasad

buhari,kwankwaso,atiku,balarabe,non of them is a bettr candidate
Future! Future!! Future!!! Since 1960, which future are you still talking about guy, abegiii.......
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by Halo22: 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
Some of us don't even understand the northern agenda, to put another person who will rule till 2027. This people have finished us.
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by tiwiex(m): 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
THIS IS ANOTHER SPONSORED PANICKY THREAD.

WHO IS NORTH?

WHEN DID THEY HOLD REFERENDUM ON THIS?

AS FAR AS I KNOW, IT IS GOING TO BE

P M B. 1523

I hope the number of likes u have answers if support? At least u know he belongs to the stone age, 1523.
Re: 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari.. by tiwiex(m): 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2016
nature2abdul:

Three things increased the prices of goods:
1 Inflation
2 Naira free falls
3 import policy
Stop blaming the masses. One of the major reasons I campaigned for Buhari which I regret so much is to come and use his executive power to control prices of goods.
Then u voted wrong. Policies make markets work. Not exec powers. In fact, be is doing what u want. That is why be attacked d BDCs. Sometime ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 / Dapo Abiodun Visits Otunba Gbenga Daniel, Others (Photos) / APC Presidential Primaries: VP Slot Divides Northern Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.