Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

The Reasons Why I Think Nigeria Is Backward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Reasons Why I Think Nigeria Is Backward (610 Views)

Why Africa Is Backward (pictures) / We Reversed Admission Policy Because The North Is Backward – Jamb / Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reasons Why I Think Nigeria Is Backward by lovemoi2(f): 3:55am On Nov 11, 2009
please add to this if you know more

We worship the rich: once you are a rich man in Nigeria, no matter what crime you comit, no one will point fingers at you, the poor people respect you where ever you go, they call you SIR an MADAM. THE RICH GET RICHER AND THE POOR GET POORER

Religion: Nigerians have been blindfolded by religion, majority of Nigerians are living in the bondage of religion, personally i think whoever brought religion to Africa did it to make sure Africans remain slaves, we don't think with our brains anymore cos we just sit down and expect God to come down from heaven to help us

show off

The youth are disregarded: The youths in Nigeria cant even get a job because the old hags eating all the money in Nigeria do not give a damn about us, Alot of student graduating and cant find a job

TO BE CONTINUED undecided
Re: The Reasons Why I Think Nigeria Is Backward by pie1ect(m): 5:14am On Nov 11, 2009
Of the list you provided, I'll pick religion as the number one bane of our country.

Christianity, Islam, Voodoo or whatever religion. That's what is killing us.

The christians believe they have all the answers and their most frequent answer is to blame someone else - witches and wizards, family curse, unbroken bonds, mammywater and whatever else they can sell to vulnerable Nigerians who have never really learned the ancient act of accepting responsibility for one's actions. And so we end up worshipping "men of God", running from pillar to post seeking out that one crusade which will change our lives forever; except it never does.

Islamists. . . well, they just dislike the christians and believe their religion is superior and must be adhered to by all and sundry. No matter the cost.

The voodoo people. . . what can I say?

This generation of Nigerians basically have a mindset that lends itself to the growing oligarchy that religion (especially christianity) is becoming in Nigeria - a mindset that embraces quick fixes (short cut to everything), lack of a sense of accountability and responsibility, deflecting blame and worshipping material things. As long as you can "sow in to the vineyard of God", you are reverred no matter the source of your "seed". Case in point, Erastus Akingbola.

There are a lot of ills in Nigeria, but I fear religion has contributed greatly to twisting the minds of this generation of Nigerians.
Re: The Reasons Why I Think Nigeria Is Backward by gem87(f): 5:24am On Nov 11, 2009
the reason Nigeria is backward lies in the government, once there's a reasonable distribution and management of resources, Nigeria would become one of the countries to watch in global economy.
things are messed up cuz every1's struggling to make it with nothing to show for it
Re: The Reasons Why I Think Nigeria Is Backward by Abagworo(m): 7:18am On Nov 11, 2009
religion is one of our major problems.nigerians are enslaved by christianity and islam.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Jesus Christ-soludo / Bayelsa Students (militants?) Go On Rampage In Russia! / Abba-aji Gives Conditions For Jonathan To Take Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.