Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,505 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour (31877 Views)

Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her / I Killed My Neighbour For Disrespecting My Father [photo] / Aliyu Giwa: "How My Friend Was Set Up For Dumping His Cheating Girlfriend" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 05, 2016
What you are about to read happened to me last week, I just had to bring it here, because the more I try to wrap my head around it, the more questions comes to mind.

About a month ago I moved to another city, but considering its a totally different culture, I have just been gradually trying to settle in. So, on Tuesday Last week, I noticed a plumbing issue in my room, for which I went to seek the caretaker who lives within the compound. I later found him in one of the rooms trying to fix some things for another new tenant who I will refer to as Sandra henceforth. I laid my complaints to the man and briefly spoke with Sandra who told me aje was an undergraduate.

About an hour later, the caretaker came to my room to checkout the problem I was having, Sandra came with him, and as we were making small talks, she walked into my kitchen and pointed out that my pots and other cooking utensils were still new and unused, then i told her I haven't started cooking because I don't know my way around yet, so I haven't been to the market. She then offered to go to the market with me whenever I was ready.

The next day being Wednesday I made a list of things to buy, among which were some packaged and canned foods, for this we went to a mall. After picking the items, we had to join the queue at the payment point, while there, I remembered some things which I needed but haven't included in my list, so I handed over my ATM card to Sandra and gave her the PIN considering it was almost our turn in the queue, then went to pick those things. Now, I did this because, I didn't want a situation where after paying for the original items, I will have to join a fresh queue with the new items. Although I came back just as she was about to pay, so I was able to include the new items, we laid and left. Suffice to say that I had her pick one or two things for herself.

On getting home, I immediately went to an ATM and changed my PIN, just to be safe.

Two days later, Sandra came to my room sound 7:15pm telling me she wanted to go buy relaxer and shampoo but as its getting dark that she can't go alone, and she asked that I come with her, I obliged, as you would expect.

After buying the shampoo, we started heading home. Now, there are two possible routes home, the sandy road which was nearer and the tarred road which was farther, Sandra then insisted we take the tarred road saying she didn't want sand on her feet, but that was the route we took while going.

Just as we approached my compound, 3 guys rounded us up and told us to handover everything we had on us. I have to point out that after this whole incident, I could recall that while we were walking home, Sandra was texting on her phone and kept looking back. When one of the guys made the request, Sandra now asked them 'for what' immediately one of the guys landed her a slap and pushed her down. Then he turned to me and gave me a blow to the mouth saying I was wasting his time, then he reached for my back pocket and retrieved my wallet, then he asked me the PIN, I gave him a wrong PIN the first time and this was met with a hot slap to my face, then he asked again and i gave him the same PIN again, then he gave me a kick to the hip, I was almost paralyzed, he now grabbed my throat, I had no choice than to give him the real PIN, then he left me and they ran off. Interestingly, the PIN I gave to him was the old PIN which I changed few days ago, but my intention was not to lie, in fact I meant to tell the truth, but then that PIN had stuck to my memeory as I have been using it for the past 3 years.

Immediately they left, I made a dash for my room, with Sandra in hot pursuit, but I didn't let her come to my room with me, I called the bank Customer Service and told them to block my card, although the thieves had the wrong PIN, I felt they could still compromise the card.

The next day, Sandra was in my room and she kept trying to get me to talk about the incident of the last day, but I wasnt interested, she kept asking me, if the PIN I gave them was the right one, I mean it should be, after all that was the right PIN as far as she knew, she asked if I could recognize the guys, I said no, she asked if its possible for the card to be hacked without the PIN, I was just acting ignorant, but I've already started having my reservations about her.

Later, I decided out of curiosity to check Sandra out on Facebook, while checking the photos on her profile, I saw pictures she took and uploaded with the same guy that slapped and pushed her down while we were been robbed, I was dumbfounded to say the least.

Then it became clear to me, she set me up to be robbed. Now my questions are,
Why did she insist we take the tarred road, considering we took the sandy road while going to the Shop
How come the thieves reached straight into the pocket with my wallet?
How come they never asked for our mobile phones, naturally, that should be their first question
How come immediately I gave the guy the 'right' PIN he acceded?
Who was Sandra texting while we walked home
And, the FB picture shows she knows the guy after all.

My problem now is, should I confront Sandra d tell her I know what happened or should I just let it slide? Since that day she's been trying to cozy up to me, but the more she tries the more I become worried and wary.
Lalasticlala

113 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 05, 2016
Let a sleeping dog lie but shine your eyes next time.
According to your narration it was your fault not Sandra's.
Iam very sure u wl never let your male friend have access to your ATM/PIN but since its voluptuos sandra...

209 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Kingbuhari(m): 10:29am On Dec 05, 2016
if the story is not fabricated just to attract traffic I think u should involve police... go back to her Facebook Acc and copy the guy pix should incase police needs it... if u don't want to further the case I think u should keep ur distance from the said lady... she notice ur weak point (women) and she capitalize on that and wanted to turn u 2 her money printing machine MPM...

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by berryice(f): 10:34am On Dec 05, 2016
My own advice don't confront her...just give her space,she will realize u don't want to b her friend anymore...human beings sha undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Sunnymatey(m): 10:35am On Dec 05, 2016
Guy u re living with the devil as a neighbor, if u got the liver and resources involve the police if not l ll say pipe low and gradually keep ur distance from Sandra.

17 Likes

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by xendra: 10:46am On Dec 05, 2016
lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 05, 2016
Kingbuhari:
if the story is not fabricated just to attract traffic I think u should involve police... go back to her Facebook Acc and copy the guy pix should incase police needs it... if u don't want to further the case I think u should keep ur distance from the said lady... she notice ur weak point (women) and she capitalize on that and wanted to turn u 2 her money printing machine MPM...
Lol. First , why will I fabricate it, and draw traffic to where? I don't understand.
Secondly, I necessarily don't have a weakness for her. Absolutely not. We don't even really talk, just small talks.

20 Likes

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 05, 2016
berryice:
My own advice don't confront her...just give her space,she will realize u don't want to b her friend anymore...human beings sha undecided
Since the incident, she's been acting weird and that creeps the hell out of me

10 Likes

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 05, 2016
Eco2580:
Let a sleeping dog lie but shine your eyes next time.
According to your narration it was your fault not Sandra's.
Iam very sure u wl never let your male friend have access to your ATM/PIN but since its voluptuos sandra...
Its not about male or female, it was about convenience. Meanwhile, immediately we came back I had the PIN changed. So there was no special benefits from her having access to the card for that 5mins

20 Likes

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:

Its not about male or female, it was about convenience. Meanwhile, immediately we came back I had the PIN changed. So there was no special benefits from her having access to the card for that 5mins
U did the right thing by changing your PIN immediately.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Kingbuhari(m): 10:59am On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:

Lol. First , why will I fabricate it, and draw traffic to where? I don't understand.
Secondly, I necessarily don't have a weakness for her. Absolutely not. We don't even really talk, just small talks.
About money printing machine, I've never given a dime to her, what for of I may ask. The things she picked in the mall was just 3k.
u intentionally gave her ur ATM to make the withdrawal her self... then u expose urself to her, secondly she notice u like things under shirt and wanted to used it against you, his friends are coming back for the real pin, is either u relocate or u report to the police u are already her prey, lastly some back yard bloggers can concoct stories just 4 cheap publicity stunt

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 05, 2016
Kingbuhari:
u intentionally gave her ur ATM to make the withdrawal her self... then u expose urself to her, secondly she notice u like things under shirt and wanted to used it against you, his friends are coming back for the real pin, is either u relocate or u report to the police u are already her prey, lastly some back yard bloggers can concoct stories just 4 cheap publicity stunt
Calm down, i didn't give her my ATM to withdraw, its a POS machine in a mall. I had nothing to gain from giving her the card, it was only out of necessity, not like she was going to check my account balance with a POS machine. I don't think you read that part.
Bloggers? I don't run a blog, neither did I include any link in my post.
Lastly, not everybody falls head over heels over any random girl.
Either way, Peace!!

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Kingbuhari(m): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:

Calm down, i didn't give her my ATM to withdraw, its a POS machine in a mall. I had nothing to gain from giving her the card, it was only out of necessity, not like she was going to check my account balance with a POS machine. I don't think you read that part.
Bloggers? I don't run a blog, neither did I include any link in my post.
Lastly, not everybody falls head over heels over any random girl.
Either way, Peace!!
but u gv her ur ATM pin u sud worry 4ur safety , bcux her friends will cum 4the real pin, u dnt knw ur way arnd, why not pick a cab for ur shopping, u hv interest in that gul... guy abeg make we tell ourselves the truth... I be guy man like u oooo

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by NKFOODVERIETIES(f): 11:38am On Dec 05, 2016
Dnt tell the police it will make u to spend money, just stay away from that thief. sad

8 Likes

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by berryice(f): 11:38am On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:

Since the incident, she's been acting weird and that creeps the hell out of me
just mind your bussiness if u see her in d morning you can greet her,den I suggest when your rent is due..u pack out from dere for safety.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by bamosagie(m): 11:42am On Dec 05, 2016
Except you plan on vacating your present residence, you have two choice.
Continue pretending you are ignorant of her complicity while you watch her carefully.
or
You have a nice chat with her........

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by yomi007k(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
shocked

Ahhhh Nkan Mbe.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by veekid(m): 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2016

see the questions you were asking us here; as if you don't have the answer to them yet? You wan use ATM flaunt your wealth to an unknown woman; Igbo to be precise ...... you're OYO

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
Firstly, thank God for your life.
My take... I.e if your story was true

Sandra is a very bad girl and can kill you if she has the opportunity.

You had the intention of gbenshing that lady if all had made the right turn.... I have my reasons for saying that.

You have to lodge a formal complain with the police.
Why?
She must have believe you knew what happened anf out of fear, she may decide to hurt you... If not something more worse.

However, your priority now should be your life cus it is in danger as i can feel.
Police is your friend sir.

Drabeey was HERE

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
@Alexander7

My problem now is, should I confront Sandra d tell her I know what happened or should I just let it slide? Since that day she's been trying to cozy up to me, but the more she tries the more I become worried and wary.

In Shaun Kingston's voice, that would be suicidal.
Bros just play dumb, and ignorant. Better to save ur head than play Constable Ijaodola.
Women sef, after devil, fear them oooo

14 Likes

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by izzy4shizzy(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
.com
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by eledalo: 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:
so I handed over my ATM card to Sandra and gave her the PIN

No offence, but it was from this line I know you are a fool, and I feel bad for anyone who knows you because you are a brainless liability.

Don't ever call lalasticlala for this kind of thread again.

In fact your story is just stupid. You gave her your card and pin to pay for some items, then left to pick up some other items. So you would still have to collect your Atm card and join the line in order to pay for the new items. Then what was the point of giving her the card and pin. You'd still have to use it for your new items.

If this story is real, then you are the dumbest person on nairaland.
If it is not, then you are the dumbest person on nairaland.

Tosyne2much: 10 reasons why Sandra should rob 7Alexander again

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by johnstar(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hmm
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by saintdennis(m): 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
@ 7alexander I read your story

Booked space cos I wanted. To see. The crap people will post.

Bros lemme get ur story straight first.

*you were accosted by 3 guys
*she was hit? Then you were hit?

*they didn't take ur phones (both of u)? Just wanted ONLY your atm?

*they didn't take any cash on u?
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by five5star(m): 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
Make I sha book dis place....

But how did did make fp
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by engrjosefz(m): 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
Na Wao booharis effects
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by zumarock9(m): 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
Either aresst her
Or u pack out. What did i say pack out.
Those guys coming back is imminent. Boss run.

I dnt want to come bck here and read story were they die body

13 Likes

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kingbuhari:

Wisest comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by cuntguy: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
Damn

1 Like

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by MyGeneration(m): 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
Some niggas dae fvck up i swear.

Dont confront her fvck her up, let her know then tell her you would call d police. She wud deny but once u say police she wud beg u.
You wud put her under ur power she wud do anything u want her to do, even if its sex grin

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Iamvictor(m): 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
Such is life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Teenage Prostitution Takes Over Ekiti State / Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today / Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.