Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,116 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour (31889 Views)

Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her / I Killed My Neighbour For Disrespecting My Father [photo] / Aliyu Giwa: "How My Friend Was Set Up For Dumping His Cheating Girlfriend" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
All you narrated might actually be a co-incidence. If she needed to set you up with those muggers, she still could have done it on the sandy road. Taking a longer route doesn't indicate she needed to set you up.

If your assumption that when u gave them the supposed correct PIN and the made for a dash in as indication Sandra already hinted them on your PIN, they wouldn't even need to ask more than once, after all they already have your correct PIN which Sandra has made available to them before the mugging to place.

Your case won't go far because all your evidences are circumstantial and assumptions. No concrete water tight evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by mgbedianya(m): 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:
What you are about to read happened to me last week, I just had to bring it here, because the more I try to wrap my head around it, the more questions comes to mind.

About a month ago I moved to another city, but considering its a totally different culture, I have just been gradually trying to settle in. So, on Tuesday Last week, I noticed a plumbing issue in my room, for which I went to seek the caretaker who lives within the compound. I later found him in one of the rooms trying to fix some things for another new tenant who I will refer to as Sandra henceforth. I laid my complaints to the man and briefly spoke with Sandra who told me aje was an undergraduate.

About an hour later, the caretaker came to my room to checkout the problem I was having, Sandra came with him, and as we were making small talks, she walked into my kitchen and pointed out that my pots and other cooking utensils were still new and unused, then i told her I haven't started cooking because I don't know my way around yet, so I haven't been to the market. She then offered to go to the market with me whenever I was ready.

The next day being Wednesday I made a list of things to buy, among which were some packaged and canned foods, for this we went to a mall. After picking the items, we had to join the queue at the payment point, while there, I remembered some things which I needed but haven't included in my list, so I handed over my ATM card to Sandra and gave her the PIN considering it was almost our turn in the queue, then went to pick those things. Now, I did this because, I didn't want a situation where after paying for the original items, I will have to join a fresh queue with the new items. Although I came back just as she was about to pay, so I was able to include the new items, we laid and left. Suffice to say that I had her pick one or two things for herself.

On getting home, I immediately went to an ATM and changed my PIN, just to be safe.

Two days later, Sandra came to my room sound 7:15pm telling me she wanted to go buy relaxer and shampoo but as its getting dark that she can't go alone, and she asked that I come with her, I obliged, as you would expect.

After buying the shampoo, we started heading home. Now, there are two possible routes home, the sandy road which was nearer and the tarred road which was farther, Sandra then insisted we take the tarred road saying she didn't want sand on her feet, but that was the route we took while going.

Just as we approached my compound, 3 guys rounded us up and told us to handover everything we had on us. I have to point out that after this whole incident, I could recall that while we were walking home, Sandra was texting on her phone and kept looking back. When one of the guys made the request, Sandra now asked them 'for what' immediately one of the guys landed her a slap and pushed her down. Then he turned to me and gave me a blow to the mouth saying I was wasting his time, then he reached for my back pocket and retrieved my wallet, then he asked me the PIN, I gave him a wrong PIN the first time and this was met with a hot slap to my face, then he asked again and i gave him the same PIN again, then he gave me a kick to the hip, I was almost paralyzed, he now grabbed my throat, I had no choice than to give him the real PIN, then he left me and they ran off. Interestingly, the PIN I gave to him was the old PIN which I changed few days ago, but my intention was not to lie, in fact I meant to tell the truth, but then that PIN had stuck to my memeory as I have been using it for the past 3 years.

Immediately they left, I made a dash for my room, with Sandra in hot pursuit, but I didn't let her come to my room with me, I called the bank Customer Service and told them to block my card, although the thieves had the wrong PIN, I felt they could still compromise the card.

The next day, Sandra was in my room and she kept trying to get me to talk about the incident of the last day, but I wasnt interested, she kept asking me, if the PIN I gave them was the right one, I mean it should be, after all that was the right PIN as far as she knew, she asked if I could recognize the guys, I said no, she asked if its possible for the card to be hacked without the PIN, I was just acting ignorant, but I've already started having my reservations about her.

Later, I decided out of curiosity to check Sandra out on Facebook, while checking the photos on her profile, I saw pictures she took and uploaded with the same guy that slapped and pushed her down while we were been robbed, I was dumbfounded to say the least.

Then it became clear to me, she set me up to be robbed. Now my questions are,
Why did she insist we take the tarred road, considering we took the sandy road while going to the Shop
How come the thieves reached straight into the pocket with my wallet?
How come they never asked for our mobile phones, naturally, that should be their first question
How come immediately I gave the guy the 'right' PIN he acceded?
Who was Sandra texting while we walked home
And, the FB picture shows she knows the guy after all.

My problem now is, should I confront Sandra d tell her I know what happened or should I just let it slide? Since that day she's been trying to cozy up to me, but the more she tries the more I become worried and wary.
Lalasticlala
the girl is trying to find some info. from U. PM me I will tell u what to do. Then, u will thank me later
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by andyanders: 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:

Thanks bro, it all sounds so sweet and funny, but guys here do not know I almost peed on my shorts that day, I was scared to death.
This is a new environment, I know absolutely nobody, even my family are yet to visit. It was bloody scary

Listen mehn, just ask for a refund and move out. These guys can plan for your life with the lady as their informant.

I am more concerned with your safety.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:

My problem now is, should I confront Sandra d tell her I know what happened or should I just let it slide? Since that day she's been trying to cozy up to me, but the more she tries the more I become worried and wary.
Lalasticlala

It is always good to observe people, environment before you relate angry

Now you have to me careful with her because you really don't know how far she can go or how materialistic she can be sad
She is an undergraduate and she can also be a cultist. angry

You might confront her and she will be apprehensive inform those guys and the imaginable will happen. angry
My advise is this stay away from her in that way she will not be able to predict you.

Na only greetings go join una any other thing she dey talk na for your back undecided

No go try keep your friends close and your enemies closer oooooo. That one na for movies.
It will also keep her guessing.

Above all be closer to God the great Protector.
I wish you the very best wink

1 Like

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by sweettease(f): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
eledalo:
7Alexander:
so I handed over my ATM card to Sandra and gave her the PIN

No offence, but it was from this line I know you are a fool, and I feel bad for anyone who knows you because you are a brainless liability.

Don't ever call lalasticlala for this kind of thread again.

In fact your story is just stupid. You gave her your card and pin to pay for some items, then left to pick up some other items. So you would still have to collect your Atm card and join the line in order to pay for the new items. Then what was the point of giving her the card and pin. You'd still have to use it for your new items.

If this story is real, then you are the dumbest person on nairaland.
If it is not, then you are the dumbest person on nairaland.

Tosyne2much: 10 reasons why Sandra should rob 7Alexander again
shocked you are a horrible person angry

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by ceejay80s(m): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:
What you are about to read happened to me last week, I just had to bring it here, because the more I try to wrap my head around it, the more questions comes to mind.

About a month ago I moved to another city, but considering its a totally different culture, I have just been gradually trying to settle in. So, on Tuesday Last week, I noticed a plumbing issue in my room, for which I went to seek the caretaker who lives within the compound. I later found him in one of the rooms trying to fix some things for another new tenant who I will refer to as Sandra henceforth. I laid my complaints to the man and briefly spoke with Sandra who told me aje was an undergraduate.

About an hour later, the caretaker came to my room to checkout the problem I was having, Sandra came with him, and as we were making small talks, she walked into my kitchen and pointed out that my pots and other cooking utensils were still new and unused, then i told her I haven't started cooking because I don't know my way around yet, so I haven't been to the market. She then offered to go to the market with me whenever I was ready.

The next day being Wednesday I made a list of things to buy, among which were some packaged and canned foods, for this we went to a mall. After picking the items, we had to join the queue at the payment point, while there, I remembered some things which I needed but haven't included in my list, so I handed over my ATM card to Sandra and gave her the PIN considering it was almost our turn in the queue, then went to pick those things. Now, I did this because, I didn't want a situation where after paying for the original items, I will have to join a fresh queue with the new items. Although I came back just as she was about to pay, so I was able to include the new items, we laid and left. Suffice to say that I had her pick one or two things for herself.

On getting home, I immediately went to an ATM and changed my PIN, just to be safe.

Two days later, Sandra came to my room sound 7:15pm telling me she wanted to go buy relaxer and shampoo but as its getting dark that she can't go alone, and she asked that I come with her, I obliged, as you would expect.

After buying the shampoo, we started heading home. Now, there are two possible routes home, the sandy road which was nearer and the tarred road which was farther, Sandra then insisted we take the tarred road saying she didn't want sand on her feet, but that was the route we took while going.

Just as we approached my compound, 3 guys rounded us up and told us to handover everything we had on us. I have to point out that after this whole incident, I could recall that while we were walking home, Sandra was texting on her phone and kept looking back. When one of the guys made the request, Sandra now asked them 'for what' immediately one of the guys landed her a slap and pushed her down. Then he turned to me and gave me a blow to the mouth saying I was wasting his time, then he reached for my back pocket and retrieved my wallet, then he asked me the PIN, I gave him a wrong PIN the first time and this was met with a hot slap to my face, then he asked again and i gave him the same PIN again, then he gave me a kick to the hip, I was almost paralyzed, he now grabbed my throat, I had no choice than to give him the real PIN, then he left me and they ran off. Interestingly, the PIN I gave to him was the old PIN which I changed few days ago, but my intention was not to lie, in fact I meant to tell the truth, but then that PIN had stuck to my memeory as I have been using it for the past 3 years.

Immediately they left, I made a dash for my room, with Sandra in hot pursuit, but I didn't let her come to my room with me, I called the bank Customer Service and told them to block my card, although the thieves had the wrong PIN, I felt they could still compromise the card.

The next day, Sandra was in my room and she kept trying to get me to talk about the incident of the last day, but I wasnt interested, she kept asking me, if the PIN I gave them was the right one, I mean it should be, after all that was the right PIN as far as she knew, she asked if I could recognize the guys, I said no, she asked if its possible for the card to be hacked without the PIN, I was just acting ignorant, but I've already started having my reservations about her.

Later, I decided out of curiosity to check Sandra out on Facebook, while checking the photos on her profile, I saw pictures she took and uploaded with the same guy that slapped and pushed her down while we were been robbed, I was dumbfounded to say the least.

Why did she insist we take the tarred road, considering we took the sandy road while going to the Shop
How come they never asked for our mobile phones, naturally, that should be their first question

Lalasticlala

are u ok? my friend go straight to the police station and dont tell her anything, if u continue like this, maybe next time dem go use gun rob or even kill u, if they find out that u know, they will kill u

1 Like

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by crownbryan(m): 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
businesses encountered pre-mature death when owners find it difficult to invest

Have you been looking for a place where your products/services get all the attentions you dreamt of, an avenue created just for you to meet prospective customers, sell products or render services and take your business to the top? There is no better place than allaboutschoolsng.com, a fast growing platform created for your business to thrive.

Allaboutschoolsng.com is an online education market platform. A combination of a site, blog and forum which is created to help; schools, parents and businesses to find one and another right from the comfort of their home or work place, take the bold step now to place your advert on our site today.

Most businesses encountered pre-mature death because owners find it difficult to invest in the appropriate promotional services and also products do not get to acquire retentive market share, because the appropriate end users could not find them nor have enough information about their benefit.

Allaboutschoolsng.com gives you business the widest coverage, while promoting your products/services to be seen by over 17.000 users across the world. Allaboutschoolsng.com is what your business need.

Kindly log on to www.allaboutschoolsng.com to see the advert options available to you and how businesses similar to yours are already taking advantages of allaboutschools.com platform.

Our rates ranges from #30,000 per month and above.

To see out advert rate, send a mail to hello@allaboutschoolsng.com or call 08177275312.

We look forward to doing business with you.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by streetzdreamz(m): 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
this crazy neighbours sha, you either lodge a complaint at the nearest police station and get that guy rounded up, or u brace up for impact cuz those guys will be back, and this time it might hurt a whole lot, you prolly gave yourself away to the Lady and she saw you as a cheap prey to feed on, why would a lady insist on taking another route farther from home late at night if she had nothing up her sleeves, the post incidence questions she is asking should further tell you, she is being suspicious, wondering if you could fit in the puzzle and figure out her role in the incidence, if you can't involve the police, pack out of the residence and get a replacement if your rent won't be refunded, or you become best of friends with her, trust me you don't wanna act innocent or naive around her, any misunderstood expression can be fatal, be wise.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by henribj(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
this op is just silly. so you don't know the road to police station abi? you are looking for advice here... some people and their cheap method of looking for attention.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by alaskido(m): 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
My guy, please allow the matter to slide past. Don't confront her. Just pretend nothing happened or you suspect anything. Please keep your distance from this Sandra girl. If you report to the police or let Sandra know you are aware of what is going on your life may be in danger as those guys will want to eliminate you permanently.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by AlphaCentauri: 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:

Bros, do you know me Omo, fear don catch me oo. I intentionally removed the name of the city, but then...
what age range is this woman and what age range are her friends ? are they like teenagers ? Please answer this question bro
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Joemarvel(m): 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
Just keep acting dumb don't really let her know u are moving away ,be her friend till you find enough evidence to pin after which u report, get her arrested and leave the area for your sake
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by johnsonjosbles(m): 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
Eco2580:
Let a sleeping dog lie but shine your eyes next time.
According to your narration it was your fault not Sandra's.
Iam very sure u wl never let your male friend have access to your ATM/PIN but since its voluptuos sandra...
i hope the day dey go catch NL armed rubber, nNa go post it here say "a nairalander was arrested for armed rubbery" because i nor trust many ppl here, some ppl go jst come here come dey lie and my mama tell me dat all liers wil rub
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Greenbullet(m): 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=Lizzdeb post=51658623][/quote]YOU ASKED HOW IT WILL HELP? EXPLOITING GIRLS LIKE HER WILL MAKE THEM AVOID THE OP,SHE MIGHT EVEN RUN AWAY FROM THE VICINITY DUE TO SEXUAL SLAVWRY WHICH SERVES HER RIGHT. I WILL ADVICE THE OP TO THREATEN HER AND EXPLOIT HER,SIMPLE.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by AlphaCentauri: 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:

Its OK if ubchoose not to believe.
Meanwhile, my ATM card is always in my wallet, just as is my ID.

About what aroused her interest, maybe I'll PM you her phone number so you can ask her.

They prolly asked me for the PIN just to be sure.

The fact that there was no neat down makes it all the more suspicious.

Peace
another question, if the neighbor was a very black bald headed hairy chest nigga with flat feet, and a stranger at that, would you give him your ATM and PIN ?

na wetin you wan chop hook ya throat but I aint blaming you tho. it happens to all of us. its part of growing up. hopefully from now you look at every human being as the enemy till they prove themself to be otherwise. like that nigga tupac said, ITS ME AGAINST THE WORLD. that should be your mindset. the world is your enemy.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by CXLVII: 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
If really you want people's opinion, I would also act cozy with her till am able to take her outing to a nice joint at late night where I can successfully poison her drink and assured that she is going straight to her room to give-up the ghost without basking for breath.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by AlphaCentauri: 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
IbroMaka:
Many of u gays giving stupid advice.. Abeg cut the guy some slack...

Dude, confront the biitch and let her know u get sense like 007, make her realize u don foil her plans and u go put her out of her misery if she try am ever again... she go lockup and compensate u wit poocee for free unless u choose not to hit that ass..

Furthermore... Una go become best of pals and she go dey protect u wit her gangs going forward.

There!... Best idea out of experience

Thank me later
be like say you have smoke osogbo weed. who wants to be friends with a dangerous minded woman ? and more importantly who wants puucee from a dangerous woman ? some of you nairalanders are >>>>>> i dont know sef, I guess this is a class issue. nairaland has room for all classes of people, the lowest class and the high class

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by vicadex07(m): 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:

Lalasticlala

listen to me and do as I say to save your life. You need to involve the police and your caretaker as soon as possible. The lady might sense you know the truth and plan to hurt or eliminate you with her gang.

This kind of issue is not what you treat with levity. You are now a potential target to real bad boys who can monitor your movements through sandra. Its better you "end" them before they "end" you either by coming to robb you again and again or even eliminate you to protect their secret.

Report to the police this minute... immediately you see this post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by tammie24: 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
Please and please

Do not joke with this

Print out t guys picture wi the Sandra girl

Involve the police/sars
Cos when they come back after the disappointment of not getting any money, it won be funny. Don't t this for granted!
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by dotland(m): 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
act as if you don't know anything and tell her you'll inform the police for security reasons and you can tip the police with what you already know. ...it will just be as if Police did their job in catching them
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by johnsonjosbles(m): 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:

Lol. First , why will I fabricate it, and draw traffic to where? I don't understand.
Secondly, I necessarily don't have a weakness for her. Absolutely not. We don't even really talk, just small talks.
About money printing machine, I've never given a dime to her, what for of I may ask. The things she picked in the mall was just 3k.
3k just? pls help me wit jst 2k op.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by engrshakespeare: 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
7Alexander:

Its not about male or female, it was about convenience. Meanwhile, immediately we came back I had the PIN changed. So there was no special benefits from her having access to the card for that 5mins

You had the pin changed and that makes it alright to give a stranger your atm card. Do you have any sense at all. Do you know that that lady checked your balance and knew you had money in it before deciding you were set up worthy. I were lucky you weren't maimed. This kind of naivety is no longer permissible in today's world.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Omooniya1: 4:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
I think u need to inform the police... just for there information only no action yet.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Jonwesley(m): 5:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
Ekosodin, I think is where the OP is living. Den of rogues, and free women
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Omooniya1: 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2016
Assuming u did not go out with your ATM with d lady that night... don't you know that they might even follow u to ur house and still rob you of your belonging. Moreso, d lady has monitor you so much that she knows everything about u. I think d lady entered ur room more than twice that is why she was able to know everything abt u ooh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by deltateam: 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
Op don't tell me you are also daft.
How can you confront a thief like that and expect her to own up. If she knows that you know, better go and dig your own grave by yourself to save the living that stress.

If you must take it up, better inform the police and I suggest you do cos their next visit you won't survive it.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by deltateam: 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
checkengine:
All you narrated might actually be a co-incidence. If she needed to set you up with those muggers, she still could have done it on the sandy road. Taking a longer route doesn't indicate she needed to set you up.

If your assumption that when u gave them the supposed correct PIN and the made for a dash in as indication Sandra already hinted them on your PIN, they wouldn't even need to ask more than once, after all they already have your correct PIN which Sandra has made available to them before the mugging to place.

Your case won't go far because all your evidences are circumstantial and assumptions. No concrete water tight evidence.

I have told Seun to organise Aptitude test for entrance into nairaland he refused. Now see how this guy is disgracing himself.

Op said he saw the picture the 'Sandra' took with one of the gang members and you are still living in deniability. Abi you are connected to that gang? That's how I can understand this.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by oshorstan(f): 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
This is strong... but very easy. Send the boy a FR and save his picture. have a blind convo with him to know if he knows Sandra & if he stays around the area. if yes, take the chats to police as exhibit, and report to police. As for Sandra, for now, be close to her to get information that will screw her. But be careful & act like James Bond
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by lereinter(m): 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
yu are in a area new and yu quickly foolishly confided in a stranger

is better u involve the police or else u are endangering your life cos those guys will attack again...
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by mithras(m): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
Plot twist: Sandra is following this thread and is now one step ahead of you grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Senorprinz(m): 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
teemy:
by the way who says she does not have a nairaland account and reading the story just put you at risk. get the evidence too.

ya smart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Teenage Prostitution Takes Over Ekiti State / Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) / Young Soldier Shot Dead By Unknown Gunmen 2 Years After Joining Army. Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.