Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (682708 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
cheesycheesycheesy
vague:
share your own failures so we can understand you better
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
vague:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you dis fish see as you finish am
well its true let him/her share his/her story

9ice 1
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2017
vague:

you dis guy see as you finish am
well its true let him/her share his/her story

9ice 1
grin grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2017
Don't mind em bro
tescoman90:
you dis guy see as you finish am well its true let him/her share his/her story
9ice 1 grin grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hannahgab: 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2017
FrankNetter:
Hey guys. Following our successful visa interview, I want to inform the nairaland family that I and my siblings have finally touched down in chicago. We would be calling this place home for now.

Im so happy to have nigeria grin ;

nice

Tips on how to survive the cold? Where to shop? etc would be welcome.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hannahgab: 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
tescoman90:
you dis guy see as you finish am well its true let him/her share his/her story
9ice 1 grin grin
lol
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by barondmoni: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
Franknetter more pics....i dey feel you jare
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hushee(m): 6:27pm On Jul 28, 2017
vague:

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by JonSnow(m): 3:45am On Jul 30, 2017
I'm back

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Godson201333(m): 7:41am On Jul 30, 2017
I have been following this thread @OP I am really happy for you....You won't appreciate what God has done for you until you prolly visit Naija again.I was there for vacation this February and I just realise that Nigeria got a failed government and to me nobody is really rich in that country because the standard of living is just so poor..Everybody out there lacks basics amenities..Even our president is in London cos Nigeria doesn't have a good medical care..

When i got home,everywhere was dark,Immigrations offices stamped me in with my cellphone torchlight,There was no light at the international airport and also no fuel for the generator...The immigration officers were like Oga put on your torchlight...i saw so many hungry faces just trying to loot away your goodies..I think the country even got worst.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
Who was at the #Igbo festival in chicago yesterday? wink

It was a very colorful affair. Lots of food, drinks and beautiful people. grin

Made some new friends, umu Igbo amaka sha wink

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
Godson201333:
I have been following this thread @OP I am really happy for you....You won't appreciate what God has done for you until you prolly visit Naija again.I was there for vacation this February and I just realise that Nigeria got a failed government and to me nobody is really rich in that country because the standard of living is just so poor..Everybody out there lacks basics amenities..Even our president is in London cos Nigeria doesn't have a good medical care..

When i got home,everywhere was dark,Immigrations offices stamped me in with my cellphone torchlight,There was no light at the international airport and also no fuel for the generator...The immigration officers were like Oga put on your torchlight...i saw so many hungry faces just trying to loot away your goodies..I think the country even got worst.

I know things are not quite rosy back in nigeria. But is it this bad now? shocked

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
Work

At my BK job, I don't talk too much. Just one-worded replies when necessary. That, and coupled with the fact that I put on corrective glasses most times has made these akatas think Obi is a sheep, that Obi can stomach any nonsense thrown at me. undecided

Some days back, I gave them a little bit of the other side of me.

So, this female shift manager felt it would be nice to snap her fingers at me (the same way you'd grap a dog's attention) and order me to do stuff. I jejely left the kitchen, took off my apron and walked to the front. Where I proceeded to warn her sternly (in front of other crew members and the customers in the lobby) not to ever snap her fingers at me again. Being the akata she is, she waved her arm, said "whatever" and walked away.

Still seething from anger, I walked to the main manager and tabled my complaints. No one had seen me that angry before. Well, bottom line is, the main manager had her apologize to me in front of the whole crew.

wink

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by CanadianNurse: 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
FrankNetter:
Work

At my BK job, I don't talk too much. Just one-worded replies when necessary. That, and coupled with the fact that I put on corrective glasses most times has made these akatas think Obi is a sheep, that Obi can stomach any nonsense thrown at me. undecided

Some days back, I gave them a little bit of the other side of me.
bring full gist Obi
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2017
CanadianNurse:
bring full gist Obi

Lol. Nurse nurse, calm down. grin why your blood dey hot? grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2017
Franknetter please more gist
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by CanadianNurse: 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
FrankNetter:

Lol. Nurse nurse, calm down. grin why your blood dey hot? grin grin
Why ë no go hot! Make winter come fast fast come help me cool am abi grin

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2017
FrankNetter:
Work

Still seething from anger, I walked to the main manager and tabled my complaints. No one had seen me that angry before. Well, bottom line is, the main manager had her apologize to me in front of the whole crew.

wink
Ha!..correct guy! ...correct move!.... guess fellow workers be patting you on the back and giving you hi fives all day...they be like "was about time somebody put that #itch in her place ...u d man!

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by zoomzu(f): 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
Good day to you all, any Nairalander in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
FrankNetter:

I know things are not quite rosy back in nigeria. But is it this bad now? shocked
That was y u took off, bro..it is worse sef.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by jiangchu: 12:28am On Jul 31, 2017
FrankNetter:

extremely bad can't count the number of people that keep begging on the street. most of my mum customer buy things on credit only food ooo not car
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 8:56am On Jul 31, 2017
Can't wait to leave this hell called NIGERIAsad

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2017
Hadampson:
Can't wait to leave this hell called NIGERIAsad

You call Nigeria hell?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2017
Ugosample:

You call Nigeria hell?
Yeah Any problemundecided

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 11:48am On Jul 31, 2017
Hadampson:
Yeah Any problemundecided
No o

I see you have made up your mind sha
All the best with that.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by collinsVP: 3:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:
OP nice one, im really enjoying this. I got my Yankee visa too already. F1 visa (I did students visa to go for masters). The schl is resumin early January and im bookin my flight ticket soon. I would be in Atlanta, Georgia though grin grin

Please i intend to do my masters in Atlanta too. Was getting visa tough for you. I have 3.2 GPA B.sc.

Please do give me a general overview.
Thanks
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hadampson:
Please how much did you obtain the immigrant visa?

It cost alot bro. Can you be more specific?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ugosample:

No o

I see you have made up your mind sha
All the best with that.
Thanks bro
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
therealchase:

It cost alot bro. Can you be more specific?
As in..
How much will i pay if i want to apply for immigrant visa
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by abduldope(m): 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
Originalsly:
Ha!..correct guy! ...correct move!.... guess fellow workers be patting you on the back and giving you hi fives all day...they be like "was about time somebody put that #itch in her place ...u d man!
No Chill

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by abduldope(m): 10:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
FrankNetter:

the fact that I put on corrective glasses most times has made these akatas think Obi is a sheep.
he Bolded Got me

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by stanleyalpacino(m): 1:08pm On Aug 01, 2017
Phew cry what a thread.

After reading from page 1-102, I 'm like can God come and evaporate me from this HELL.

Really, all who wander are not lost. Op Oil dey your head.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.