Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (683843 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by GoodFaith: 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2018
Babyvet:

Canada , Uk and the US are different places. US and Canada have some similarities but they are quite different. I'm a nurse myself and I have already explained about nursing in America.
hope u are not 16 hrs / seven day?
It is great to work 16 for a project
Remember family if you have one
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by GoodFaith: 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
lordally:

Well there are certain Courses that are hot cakes na!!! for me I think IT is the way out!!!
I made that decision 32 years ago
it work for me
thanks God
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2018
GoodFaith:

don't tell me anything about Canada and USA
Yes have citizen for both
I live it 32 year counting
Love to talk the people in Toronto
some try to tell me about the crazy housing market
how great it is
I keep tell the the builders are selling the basement too

Lol well done . What about UK citizenship , you get that one too?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lordally(m): 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
kroger:

I am where I am today because of intensive research and learning from other successful people. The truth of the matter is the first person you come across in America will determine how far you will succeed. If you come across the $12 $13 $14 gang of people that's how far u gonna go cos ur mentality will be wired on that amount/job.

I was opportune to meet the 6 figure individuals and I keyed myself tight and learned from each and everyone of.them that was how I broke into the 6 figures hierarchy. Now I have met the almost One million individual and I learning from him real good.

One funny thing is i Asked GoodFaith what tools he is using as a cyber security admin and he mentioned the two important tool the same guy is using to making over nearly a $million dollar of which I am currently studying I was surprised he mentioned them.. Information is at ur beck and call utilize it, learn from people, even if it seems too good.to be true still do ur research. Folks are.making 6 figures easily the difference between u and them is information.

I am out!!!

SURE information is key!!! ...Kroger I think like play like play you dey make sense oooooo!!!! grin
kroger:

I am where I am today because of intensive research and learning from other successful people. The truth of the matter is the first person you come across in America will determine how far you will succeed. If you come across the $12 $13 $14 gang of people that's how far u gonna go cos ur mentality will be wired on that amount/job.

I was opportune to meet the 6 figure individuals and I keyed myself tight and learned from each and everyone of.them that was how I broke into the 6 figures hierarchy. Now I have met the almost One million individual and I learning from him real good.

One funny thing is i Asked GoodFaith what tools he is using as a cyber security admin and he mentioned the two important tool the same guy is using to making over nearly a $million dollar of which I am currently studying I was surprised he mentioned them.. Information is at ur beck and call utilize it, learn from people, even if it seems too good.to be true still do ur research. Folks are.making 6 figures easily the difference between u and them is information.

I am out!!!

SURE information is key!!! ...Kroger I think like play like play you dey make sense oooooo!!!!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lordally(m): 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2018
GoodFaith:

My goal in life was to read international relation or Law Left home at 22 The question for me, what was i going to do to make a mid class income Accountant and computer I took computer Don't really like computer NO But it work out for me I have accent and I am black
Nice one Goodfaith
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lordally(m): 3:40pm On Aug 07, 2018
kroger:

Thank u boss, I can see some peeps can't comprehend things cos of their short sightedness.. I rather leave this thread before someone pull me down as they have pulled themselves down already with their poverty mentality..

BABA no leave Jere without me ooo!!! If not I go kill myself!!!!!! hahahaaha
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lordally(m): 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
GoodFaith:

I made that decision 32 years ago
it work for me
thanks God

lucky you bro!!! I can describe as """ GOOD FAITH...THE MAN THAT SAW THE FUTURE""""""
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by GoodFaith: 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2018
Babyvet:

Lol well done . What about UK citizenship , you get that one too?
I tried
Year ago I was dating Nigerian UK- i didn't do it to get the citizen, just looking for wife
That would have cover Europe for me
It did not work out
Any way I have not renew the Canadian passport for over 15 years now
I am thinking visiting Cuba that might make me renew my canadain PP
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lordally(m): 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2018
I'm planning on leaving this country ...but I need a legal means ....I'm thinking of other countries with good Economy .....With my Flair for IT I know I'll make it!!! I wanna go into NETWORK SECURITY but the Cost of training and cost of certification!!! is expensive!!! so I wanna go into Software Dev 1st then I'll later try my hands on NETWORK SECURITY following the CISCO ROUTE........ I JUST WANNA GIVE MY FAMILY A BETTER LIFE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2018
lordally:

BABA no leave Jere without me ooo!!! If not I go kill myself!!!!!! hahahaaha

Bro I am out.. I can see u quoted me in my topic that hit front page..Those who have ears let them hear.. Driving out to a meeting with my 2018 BMW 7 series no time.. Peace out.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by GoodFaith: 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2018
lordally:
I'm planning on leaving this country ...but I need a legal means ....I'm thinking of other countries with good Economy .....With my Flair for IT I know I'll make it!!! I wanna go into NETWORK SECURITY but the Cost of training and cost of certification!!! is expensive!!! so I wanna go into Software Dev 1st then I'll later try my hands on NETWORK SECURITY following the CISCO ROUTE........ I JUST WANNA GIVE MY FAMILY A BETTER LIFE!!!
Get into USA or Canada
Let god do his work
start getting the training now Nigerian
you are not going to find things easy
You will have to work hard and have God

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by GoodFaith: 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
kroger:

Bro I am out.. Those who have ears let them hear.. Driving out to a meeting with my 2018 BMW 7 series no time.. Peace out.
Nice Car love BMW
almost got the 435i x drive controvertible New
I had to walk out and tell myself slow down
Hopefully next year I will be done with all my project
and get me E450 controvertible and I want it New
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
GoodFaith:

I tried
Year ago I was dating Nigerian UK- i didn't do it to get the citizen, just looking for wife
That would have cover Europe for me
It did not work out
Any way I have not renew the Canadian passport for over 15 years now
I am thinking visiting Cuba that might make me renew my canadain PP

I’m assuming your in your 50’s so how did you get both?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by GoodFaith: 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
OK
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by GoodFaith: 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
Babyvet:

I’m assuming your in your 50’s so how did you get both?
Yes, getting old
Left Nigeria for Canada
After some school in Canada and 12 years move to USA
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lordally(m): 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2018
kroger:

Bro I am out.. I can see u quoted me in my topic that hit front page..Those who have ears let them hear.. Driving out to a meeting with my 2018 BMW 7 series no time.. Peace out.

I've sent you an EMAIL!!!!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 4:12pm On Aug 07, 2018
GoodFaith:

Nice Car love BMW
almost got the 435i x drive controvertible New
I had to walk out and tell myself slow down
Hopefully next year I will be done with all my project
and get me E450 controvertible and I want it New

The E450 is a beast .. Enjoy your IT money chief.. I sent u a PM lets connect. You mentioned Cisco am trying to create a virtual envenvironment with GNS3 for Cisco ASA its high in demand..

To everyone reading this this is how to connect with likeminds and add to your knowledge.

Be smart in this life.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lordally(m): 4:14pm On Aug 07, 2018
GoodFaith:

Get into USA or Canada
Let god do his work
start getting the training now Nigerian
you are not going to find things easy
You will have to work hard and have God

GOD BLESS YOU GOOD FAITH!!! I'm working on getting a good laptop and I'm also working on doing a training in Software Dev.... so that once God answers my prayers and I'm out of this country ...I'll be able to stand out when the opportunity presents itself!!! ...dou my desire was to go into CISCO NETWORKING cos I love the SECURITY PATH that's why KROGER got my attention!!! Software Dev would be cheaper for me...but CISCO WOULD BE EXPENSIVE CONSIDERING THE COST OF TRAINING and CERTIFICATION!!! .....Dou I also have love for Software Dev too!!!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MackyNaija(m): 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2018
Babyvet:

Debt free is good , but you also need it show GOOD credit history . Yes paying cash for everything is good but that not how the American system is built .
It’s either earning a very high income with no - low debt or living at home parents with no bills with decent income and saving rigorously but how many people have that option.?

lillaowow:

Cash is not always king bro. A lot of times, you have to show a GOOD credit history to match.

Cash is good mostly while You're investing in items/commodities to resell in a short period of time. Paying cash gives you a good leveaege in renegotiating and getting more discounts.

That's why Rich folks pay less money for their stuffs.

Taking us back a little just to clarify, "Cash Is King" simply means cutting down on debts owed to the barest and saving up enough cash to backup most credit facilities one is taking.
He encourages Not taking credit as a means to live above ones means/keep up with the Joneses.

I summarize his teachings as him discouraging excessive debt that can never be repaid in two lifetimes.

I also like how the both of you mentioned GOOD credit. smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nig4Greatness: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
lillaowow:
This one said he drives 160miles to work

160miles? Habba which Kain work be dat?

Does that make any sense.?

That's like IOWA to Houston.

People, lie small small nah

And how did you know he was lying when you can not independently verify his claim??.
What's the big deal in driving that far??.there are people who drive farther away from home than that.
We should learn to respect other people opinions.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nig4Greatness: 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2018
GoodFaith:

Kid you are the liar
Yes kid
I do one way 85 mile
Two ways 170 mile
I work Monday through Thursday
I bought my present work car Prius at 77,000 mile about 29 months ago
I now have 177, 00 miles

GoodFaith:

I am not an independent contractor
I am a civil servant
I took this job hoping I was just going to do it for about three years and move to belt way area (DC)
The opportunity came to move the cost of living in the beltways area was to high to move from Midwest
Cost of my house in Midwest 270k beltway area will cost 400k
Guy,
No point exposing everything that happens in your life on the Internet.
Make your point and leave it at that.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nig4Greatness: 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2018
lordally:
Nigeria Has no hope!!!! at least not for now!!! I REALLY NEED TO LEAVE THIS COUNTRY!!!!
Why not leave Nigeria out of your mystery and think about some ways to better your life.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2018
MackyNaija:

Taking us back a little just to clarify, "Cash Is King" simply means cutting down on debts owed to the barest and saving up enough cash to backup most credit facilities one is taking.
He encourages Not taking credit as a means to live above ones means/keep up with the Joneses.

I summarize his teachings as him discouraging excessive debt that can never be repaid in two lifetimes.

It’s good that you aware of such things, i read your thread and see that you came in last year, it’s good to see that you have this credit knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MackyNaija(m): 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2018
Babyvet:

It’s good that you aware of such things, i read your thread and see that you came in last year, it’s good to see that you have this credit knowledge.
Thanks, I like having an understanding of how systems work so I don't get into trouble. wink

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2018
MackyNaija:

Thanks, I like having an understanding of how systems work so I don't get into trouble. wink

So I’m guessing you plan to stay back after your studies? What are you majoring in?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lillaowow(m): 5:44pm On Aug 07, 2018
GoodFaith:

Investment
save, it is hard
The economy might go bad soon or later
You can respond if you have save
I don't have cable
I have high end cloths, glasses and watches
dive 9k car good in gas - drive 160 miles to work
The New BMW or Mercedes benz will come I still need one more year of hard labor

That's exactly what you said.. 160miles to work. Now you changed it to 160miles both ways.

I don't think y'all understand what 160miles to work means.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lillaowow(m): 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2018
MackyNaija:

We are both on the same page then.

I don't have debt right now. No car loan, nothing. Just credit cards. I've been trying to raise my credit score to around 800 for like a year now. That things just stay the same since....

I'm trying my hands on stocks and looking to flip my first house. So, I'm looking at 60-80k bonus at the end of the year while working a full time job. I'm keeping that part of my life private tho.

This American Life hard... So, people throwing figures around like say na Naira Dem dey talk.. stop that nonsense.

Day to day cooperate Americans sef including lots and lots of doctors no dey make $600,000 a year.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by GoodFaith: 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2018
lillaowow:

That's exactly what you said.. 160miles to work. Now you changed it to 160miles both ways.

I don't think y'all understand what 160miles to work means.
Ok, thanks
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lordally(m): 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2018
GoodFaith:
Ok, thanks

GOOD FAITH ...I SENT YOU A MAIL

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Teedawg: 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2018
lordally:
once you go into software development I doubt you'll go back to security lol it's very sweet

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nig4Greatness: 1:01am On Aug 08, 2018
kroger:

Bro I am out.. I can see u quoted me in my topic that hit front page..Those who have ears let them hear.. [b]Driving out to a meeting with my 2018 BMW 7 series no tim[/b]e.. Peace out.

you are beginning to sound fake,your BMW doesn't define success.get real!!...

PS..

This your moniker self,or are you part of the Kroger family dynasty or just a shareholder at the popular retail store?..

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nig4Greatness: 1:10am On Aug 08, 2018
lillaowow:

We are both on the same page then.

I don't have debt right now. No car loan, nothing. Just credit cards. I've been trying to raise my credit score to around 800 for like a year now. That things just stay the same since....

I'm trying my hands on stocks and looking to flip my first house. So, I'm looking at 60-80k bonus at the end of the year while working a full time job. I'm keeping that part of my life private tho.

This American Life hard... So, people throwing figures around like say na Naira Dem dey talk.. stop that nonsense.

Day to day cooperate Americans sef including lots and lots of doctors no dey make $600,000 a year.

Your credit score is not likely going to go up if there are no significant activities happening in your financial life that can provoke some changes to your credit reporting.Those that designed the system want you to be active in the financial markets(buy buy buy and continue to buy) which in other word means,get in more debts and start paying back.
Its a good system to those that believe in it though and its been working out well for some people as against some as well.just be smart with it.

@bolded, there are millions of Americans with $1M and above income brackets,they don't necessarily have to be a paid employees.incomes can come from other sources.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (220) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.