Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (685040 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by gbope(m): 1:52am On Aug 08, 2018
Wow!!!It's been quite a journey from reading this thread from the first to the last page. It would have been ingratitude for me not to comment on it. I can safely say that this is my most informative thread so far . I've not always considered abroad an option. But as from today, I have a new goal- To leave Nigeria at all cost( legally) . Following this 167pages has reinforced my desire so much that not even 100 million naira will make me change my mind . Its set In concrete. I have a desire to be a part of a working system. I have never experienced 3 days of uninterrupted of electricity in my 3 decades of life. Is that life? . I salute everyone that got this wonderful thread to where it is . Franknetter, Revontuli, Twoods ,Bossmann and others, I hail o. I must also admit I've learnt from Kroger in these last few pages and he's someone I would like to pick his brains. Nairaland will never die. 1:53am August 8th, Lagos Nigeria. Love you all.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nig4Greatness: 1:58am On Aug 08, 2018
While i would not agree nor disagree with the kind of figures some people throw around which some call unrealistic or unattainable here due to so many reasons but honestly in my own opinion and from personal experience,those figures are not too far fetched,it all comes down to who you are as a person,opening your mind and let ideas flow through it,set targets and design ways to achieving them.how soon you are going to achieve that still depends on various factors though but i strongly believe its achievable.
One of my friends came to the US some time ago,spent some time with studies,after which he entered the job market and the first job he got was for $125k, i don't know his net worth for sure now but i know he's doing extremely well and better because he has since started his own consulting company right here in the US.
The US especially is not called the land of opportunities for nothing,there are numerous things you can do successfully that will guarantee success in as much you do it the right way.

cc

Kroger
Goodfaith
Lillaowow
Babyvet
Backfornow

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by gbope(m): 2:04am On Aug 08, 2018
@Nig for greatness, the more you talk about the land of opportunities, the more you reinforce my decision...Thanks and God bless us all.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:49am On Aug 08, 2018
Where Frank go sef

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 08, 2018
YOLO18:
Where Frank go sef

Ive got a good guess as that is what I decided to do....while reading some of these comments

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lillaowow(m): 3:02am On Aug 08, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

Your credit score is not likely going to go up if there are no significant activities happening in your financial life that can provoke some changes to your credit reporting.Those that designed the system want you to be active in the financial markets(buy buy buy and continue to buy) which in other word means,get in more debts and start paying back.
Its a good system to those that believe in it though and its been working out well for some people as against some as well.just be smart with it.

@bolded, there are millions of Americans with $1M and above income brackets,they don't necessarily have to be a paid employees.incomes can come from other sources.

I agree with that part. I recently started the self lender that was recommended to me. Let's see if it helps me get to 800 credit score.

I don't aregee that millions of Americans have $1M and above income bracket. That sounds like exaggerating.

I think you meant to say of thousands have networth (stocks, bonds, assets and cash in banks) of up to $1M and above.

Millions of Americans having $1M income brackets? grin. If that is that case, the Republican tax overhaul/ tax break for the 1% would be showing effects of economic collapse already knowing how greedy Wall St people are.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lillaowow(m): 3:07am On Aug 08, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
While i would not agree nor disagree with the kind of figures some people throw around which some call unrealistic or unattainable here due to so many reasons but honestly in my own opinion and from personal experience,those figures are not too far fetched,it all comes down to who you are as a person,opening your mind and let ideas flow through it,set targets and design ways to achieving them.how soon you are going to achieve that still depends on various factors though but i strongly believe its achievable.
One of my friends came to the US some time ago,spent some time with studies,after which he entered the job market and the first job he got was for $125k, i don't know his net worth for sure now but i know he's doing extremely well and better because he has since started his own consulting company right here in the US.
The US especially is not called the land of opportunities for nothing,there are numerous things you can do successfully that will guarantee success in as much you do it the right way.

cc

Kroger
Goodfaith
Lillaowow
Babyvet
Backfornow

Those are reasonable, attainable figures. I met a Nigerian earning above $180K per year and with his side Hussle, he sometimes hits 25-40k profit in a month then might have draught for another 2-3months and sometimes longer.

Please, go back some pages on this thread and see the figures people are calling.

$700,000 grin grin. Ọmọ naija, enu yin ti fe. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 3:10am On Aug 08, 2018
lillaowow:

Those are reasonable, attainable figures. I met a Nigerian earning above $180K per year and with his side Hussle, he sometimes hits 25-40k profit in a month then might have draught for another 2-3months and sometimes longer.

Please, go back some pages on this thread and see the figures people are calling.

Nigerians always have friend that one friend that did and that . They always have one friend that making big money. Be decieving people , when they come this country they’re eyes go clear .

9 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lordally(m): 3:10am On Aug 08, 2018
Teedawg:
once you go into software development I doubt you'll go back to security lol it's very sweet

Serious!!!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lillaowow(m): 3:14am On Aug 08, 2018
Babyvet:

Nigerians always have friend that one friend that did and that . They always have one friend that making big money. Be decieving people , when they come this country they’re eyes go clear .

Leave them nah. Let them be scoping their ancestors grin grin

Better sell your e-book quietly and don't call attention on yourself

Awọn $30billionUS gang. grin

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:40am On Aug 08, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

cc

Kroger
Goodfaith
Lillaowow
Babyvet
Backfornow

"My name is Bennit and I aint in it." Anymore at least.
I don tire for all this debunking wahala. I hope I got the Pidgin right.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 3:59am On Aug 08, 2018
lillaowow:

Leave them nah. Let them be scoping their ancestors grin grin

Better sell your e-book quietly and don't call attention on yourself

Awọn $30billionUS gang. grin

Lol, they go say I be jeoulous person or I get poor mindset. No , I’m just being realistic.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nig4Greatness: 5:02am On Aug 08, 2018
lillaowow:

I agree with that part. I recently started the self lender that was recommended to me. Let's see if it helps me get to 800 credit score.

I don't aregee that millions of Americans have $1M and above income bracket. That sounds like exaggerating.

I think you meant to say of thousands have networth (stocks, bonds, assets and cash in banks) of up to $1M and above.

Millions of Americans having $1M income brackets? grin. If that is that case, the Republican tax overhaul/ tax break for the 1% would be showing effects of economic collapse already knowing how greedy Wall St people are.

What do you need 800 score for if i may ask?..to aid your borrowing contest??..goodluck on that.
Yeah,millions of americans are millionaires..do you read financial journals like wall street,financial times or money magazines at all??.these are verifiable facts and you can as well use google for help.how much do you think those private entities you work for worths??.
As per the tax break....who told you there"s really a tax break in the first place ??.you called the idea of rubbing peter to pay paul tax break??.dont you know it was more of a gimmick by trump to rewards his fellow1% while indirectly making the ever hardworking middle income working class pay back one way or the other,guy the more you look the less you see be the thing.go and check how many social services including medicaid he has slashed down considerably in order to make up for the shortfall.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nig4Greatness: 5:05am On Aug 08, 2018
Backfornow:

"My name is Bennit and I aint in it." Anymore at least.
I don tire for all this debunking wahala. I hope I got the Pidgin right.
What"s the correlation ??
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by yemiosinbajo: 5:12am On Aug 08, 2018
Babyvet:

Lol, they go say I be jeoulous person or I get poor mindset. No , I’m just being realistic.

You dey mind them? Last last they will tell you to send them PMs to know how to make such amounts. I guess after a lot of people sent that dude PMs and he couldn't get any clients still, he finally codedly decided to make his advertisement public. People looking for referral commissions everywhere.

PS: I can't believe some people actually sent me PMs after reading my post about making 1 million dollars. If you cannot spot simple sarcasm, and you expect to make one million dollars, then, you will end up falling for those who will teach you how their friends make $700,000.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nig4Greatness: 5:20am On Aug 08, 2018
Babyvet:

Though you didnt quote me but i guess you were indirectly responding to my post above,if thats the case,then you need to work on your mindset and be positive.am not referencing anybody opinions other than what i know which is,a lot of people are doing well for themselves and the definition of breakthrough is not the same for every body.so to each his own.
Also, i hope you are not insinuating you are the only american on this thread who has the monopoly of what works and works not in america cos i didnt understand that your last line.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nig4Greatness: 5:25am On Aug 08, 2018
lillaowow:

$700k doing what exactly ??.that"s a huge figure.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 7:32am On Aug 08, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
Though you didnt quote me but i guess you were indirectly responding to my post above,if thats the case,then you need to work on your mindset and be positive.am not referencing anybody opinions other than what i know which is,a lot of people are doing well for themselves and the definition of breakthrough is not the same for every body.so to each his own.
Also, i hope you are not insinuating you are the only american on this thread who has the monopoly of what works and works not in america cos i didnt understand that your last line.

Okay dey there be decieving yourself and go make your big money . This is America sha, no be naija they are watching.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MackyNaija(m): 8:00am On Aug 08, 2018
Babyvet:

So I’m guessing you plan to stay back after your studies? What are you majoring in?
If the USCIS beg me to stay back, I might consider them. grin

Industrial Engineering Msc. My eyes are everywhere...
Data Analyst
Operations Researcher
Manufacturing engineer
Quality Engineer
Oil Field engineer
Project Engineer

I no get joy, my eyes deh chuck.

5 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MackyNaija(m): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
What do you need 800 score for if i may ask?..to aid your borrowing contest??...
Lillaowow comman answer this question cheesy
Your 730 score is good.

All these people with friends making 125k, 180k and side hustle of 25k+ abeg where una friends deh work??
Which hustle deh bring this king money??

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by rinzaugustine: 8:58am On Aug 08, 2018
GoodFaith:

Investment
save, it is hard
The economy might go bad soon or later
You can respond if you have save
I don't have cable
I have high end cloths, glasses and watches
dive 9k car good in gas - drive 160 miles to work
The New BMW or Mercedes benz will come I still need one more year of hard labor
i am happy there are people like you that are seeing what is happening.A lot of the noisy bandwagons are not preparing for the economy going down.The key indicator a lot of wall street guys follow is warren buffet and his berkshire hathaway's way of investing.When trump won election,other people were pulling away their money while he was investing in stocks and real estate like crazy but now everybody is rushing to invest in the economy and he is pulling his money back.He has not made a major investment since may and majority of his money are in the bank.What does that tell you?Only older people will understand
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Yomit2(m): 9:51am On Aug 08, 2018
Do we have anyone here who is a Salesforce Administrator or into Salesforce?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by achilex: 9:52am On Aug 08, 2018
winterstorm:

So sorry to hear about this...... Yes it's much easier.
Never give up, you can land full tuition waiver for US also but you need to write your GRE and apply on time.

Go here for more info on everything you need.
https://www.nairaland.com/4225931/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/402

thank you waiververy much for your reply. I am not quite clear on the tuition waiver, do I have to just write the GRE and apply on time or I have to apply also for the tuition waiver or for an assistantship that will come with a tuition , or I should just complete the regular application and submit my GRE scores? please I need to know how the full process works. looking forward to hearing from you. thank you.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 10:00am On Aug 08, 2018
YOLO18:

Where Frank go sef

Almost sure he be right here....silently reading ....sorting and gathering useful info.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by dustydee: 10:06am On Aug 08, 2018
lillaowow:

America has about 10.8 Million millionaires. But being a millionaire is different from earning a million annually.
There are more millionaires than ever in the United States.

As of the end of 2016, there were a record 10.8 million millionaires nationwide, according to a new study from Spectrem Group's Market Insights Report 2017. That's more than ever before and marks a 400,000 person increase from the previous year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/24/a-record-number-of-americans-are-now-millionaires-new-study-shows.html

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 08, 2018
Originalsly:

Almost sure he be right here....silently reading ....sorting and gathering useful info.

abi
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 08, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

Think about it.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 08, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
American expression for , leave me out of it.
All the back and forth about whos lying, whos not, whos being negative, hating, etc.
I only said the things that I said because I care, and dont want people to hurt unnecessarily.. And now that everyone has been warned sufficiently, Im done with it.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nig4Greatness: 2:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
Backfornow:

American expression for , leave me out of it.
All the back and forth about whos lying, whos not, whos being negative, hating, etc.
I only said the things that I said because I care, and dont want people to hurt unnecessarily.. And now that everyone has been warned sufficiently, Im done with it.

This is fair enough.for real I never wanted to be part of this discussion but seeing how poeple argue about it hence my own comment.
You see,only feeble minded will take this kind of thing to heart,I don't care about people opinions or rhetorics but I respect them, people should be encouraged to do likewise.
Nobody makes money for anybody,you make money for yourself and only you know what and how but fake lifestyle will eventually find you out sooner than later.
It"s well.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
MackyNaija:

Lillaowow comman answer this question cheesy
Your 730 score is good.

All these people with friends making 125k, 180k and side hustle of 25k+ abeg where una friends deh work??
Which hustle deh bring this king money??

Well I wish you luck on your journey , getting h1 visa no be easy this days and please no mind these people . No wonder Nigerians are known for fraud. American citizens wey they born for this country and even other immigrants no dey hammer like people supposedly do on this forum. when you ask them to specifically state how they make them income , they no fit state am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MackyNaija(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2018
Babyvet:

Well I wish you luck on your journey , getting h1 visa no be easy this days...

Thanks for your good wishes.
I'll definitely survive, Buhari's country isn't a place I want to be in if I'm asked to choose.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
MackyNaija:

Thanks for your good wishes.
I'll definitely survive, Buhari's country isn't a place I want to be in if I'm asked to choose.

Yea buhari’s time no be joke . And if you can’t get the h1 then Canada is always there , and it will be much easier for you to move from here to Canada than from Nigeria. I have read some post of people who moved from here to Canada who go tired of waiting on the h1 for green card . It was mainly Indians though because they have huge backlog for the green card.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.