Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,163 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (687781 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 13, 2018
Dremca:
I use to watch his program, "Culinary Journey" on CNN, I felt bad when I got the news that he committed suicide.

That was a good show. I liked his other one too. Looking back he always did seem a little melancholic.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2018
Dremca:
But mostly media and entertainment thrive there. That's where CNN is headquartered and otHher media outlet

True. But a lot of black professionals such as lawyers and doctors , etc thrive there.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by GoodFaith: 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2018
Babyvet:

Not gonna happen, let him just stay there. The next Canadites should be gearing up for the 2020 elections. It’s not just trump, the whole administration is trash, including congress.
Don't be surprise Americans might re-elect him

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 13, 2018
Dremca:
Every spirit of gamble, die!!! How will I spend my sweat in gambling when there are investment to . grin

The last time I went gambling, I spent $10. I looked around and saw the same look of hope on everyone else' s faces and so I quit.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2018
GoodFaith:

Don't be surprise Americans might re-elect him

God forbid.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Dremca(m): 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2018
Gambling is the fastest way to loose your income.
Backfornow:

The last time I went gambling, I spent $10. I looked around and saw the same look of hope on everyone else' s faces and so I quit.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2018
Backfornow:

God forbid.

Lol �
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2018
Dremca:
Gambling is the fastest way to loose your income.

Not to mention addictive.
People do win off gambling but they spend so much to even get a return.
Me, I want a tangible return everytime I spend a dollar unless Im giving it away to someone.
For me with gambling $10, I thought, "I just gave them my McDonald's money.,

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by GoodFaith: 4:58pm On Aug 13, 2018
Backfornow:

God forbid.
God forbid is my hope
Knowing what I know about people now
what lot of us can't do in our front doors
Lot of people do it in their back doors
Mike Harris ( Ontario premier) was not far from trump
He got elected two or three times
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2018
Una done turn this thread upside down... Which kind over sabi people come full here like this??

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by SkinnyNigga: 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2018
Seems like mad people have invaded this thread

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Holocene(m): 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2018
Backfornow:
Holocene you're up.
Some conflict resoluting to be done.
Lol, its getting crazy out here. Seems you are enjoying thenbickering going forth and back especially with Babyvet as the ring leader. She ought to ignore some comments.

We have a saying in my village "it is not every rain that calls that require the need to bring out buckets to catch it"
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2018
Holocene:

Lol, its getting crazy out here. Seems you are enjoying thenbickering going forth and back especially with Babyvet as the ring leader. She ought to ignore some comments.

We have a saying in my village "it is not every rain that calls that require the need to bring out buckets to catch it"

Not really, actually.
I do use humor at times to deescalate things.

Do you understand cryptocurrency and the bitcoin? I keep hearing about it but I dont understand it or the point of it.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by GoodFaith: 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2018
Holocene:

Agreed
Know it all people
we all have different experience
People can learn
some people want to be a jackass that is OAK too
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Holocene(m): 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
Backfornow:

Not really, actually.
I do use humor at times to deescalate things.

Do you understand cryptocurrency and the bitcoin? I keep hearing about it but I dont understand it or the point of it.

Nope, I dont do all that bitcoin stuff. I put my money in stocks and in real estate back in Nigeria. Cryptocurrencies are just too volatile.
How many clients do you get in an 8hr shift on a daily average?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Dremca(m): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2018
As regards real estate investment in Nigeria, am also into property consultancy. Feel free to reach via pm
Holocene:

Nope, I dont do all that bitcoin stuff. I put my money in stocks and in real estate back in Nigeria. Cryptocurrencies are just too volatile.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2018
cool
Holocene:

Well I work in an urgent care facility. So we are busy according to who comes in off the street. Xray wise, at times I can go a full 12hr shift without 1 single xray. But I do more than xray at this particular facility, I help take care of other patients. I do drug testing, flu shots, tb vaccinations, help with sutures, and the general sick. So the average patient load for us is about 80 patients a day. At the hospital, I just strictly do xray but we cover the entire hospital, so Im doing surgery, fluroscopy, Er patients, in patients, and general orders. Its nonstop there, I would say I would personally have 40 patients.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 13, 2018
Dremca:
As regards real estate investment in Nigeria, am also into property consultancy. Feel free to reach via pm

Do you understand it? Bitcoins and cryptocurrency
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 13, 2018
Holocene:

Just to better explain.
In the US there are levels of care.
Primary care, That is your regular doctor
Urgent Care - when you can't get in to see your regular doctor. You walk in off the street
Emergency- major illnesses and injuries that cant wait for PC but too advanced for Urgent care setting.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by GoodFaith: 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2018
Backfornow:
cool

Well I work in an urgent care facility. So we are busy according to who comes in off the street. Xray wise, at times I can go a full 12hr shift without 1 single xray. But I do more than xray at this particular facility, I help take care of other patients. I do drug testing, flu shots, tb vaccinations, help with sutures, and the general sick. So the average patient load for us is about 80 patients a day. At the hospital, I just strictly do xray but we cover the entire hospital, so Im doing surgery, fluroscopy, Er patients, in patients, and general orders. Its nonstop there, I would say I would personally have 40 patients.

Are U an LPN
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2018
GoodFaith:

Are U an LPN

No xray tech but I have been crosstrained to do things that do not require an RN.
Alot of the facilities cross train their employees to do multiple jobs because it saves them money
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Dremca(m): 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2018
I do not understand how it works and it doesn't have government backing from all apex banks in the world.
Backfornow:

Do you understand it? Bitcoins and cryptocurrency
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2018
Dremca:
I do not understand how it works and it doesn't have government backing from all apex banks in the world.

Truth be told, I dont even understand traditional investing. I understand compound interest but that's it.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
Holocene:

lol, I come to on this forum to laugh, half of the crap I read on here is funny as hell. So don't take me seriously at all, for those that who are but hurt, thats your problem. Side note this a public forum, things may seem more harsher than they are because its being typed so you may not be able to gauge the sarcasm or the actual connotations.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Dremca(m): 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2018
Investments can be in real estate, stock, bonds, gold or you can be an angel investor. To me the best investment are real estate.
Backfornow:

Truth be told, I dont even understand traditional investing. I understand compound interest but that's it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Dremca(m): 8:22pm On Aug 13, 2018
Investing in stock market could risky especially during economic crisis except you're an inside investor like warren buffet who understood the game. Many Nigerians and americans lost their money during the 2008 market crash.
Backfornow:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2018
SkinnyNigga:
Seems like mad people have invaded this thread

lmao
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Holocene(m): 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2018
Backfornow:
cool

Wow, and do they pay you for all the extra add-ons they make you do? I feel only a licensed RN should be allowed to do all that extra stuff to avoid potential legal issues.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2018
Holocene:

Wow, and do they pay you for all the extra add-ons they make you do? I feel only a licensed RN should be allowed to do all that extra stuff to avoid potential legal issues.

Ive had to pass certifications for the extras that I do. I don't administer IVs or anything that only a RN can do.
I get paid my xray rate which is ok since like I said some days there are no xrays to do. I prefer it better than working at the hospital. It was very stressful and I constantly felt like everyone was just a number.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2018
Backfornow:

Ive had to pass certifications for the extras that I do. I don't administer IVs or anything that only a RN can do.
I get paid my xray rate which is ok since like I said some days there are no xrays to do. I prefer it better than working at the hospital. It was very stressful and I constantly felt like everyone was just a number.

tell me about it!!! Hospital nursing is no joke.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2018
Babyvet:

tell me about it!!! Hospital nursing is no joke.

What is your area of speciality? When I had to come through NICU and ICU to do portable xrays, I often thought how hard of a job it is mentally.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2018
GoodFaith:

God forbid is my hope
Knowing what I know about people now
what lot of us can't do in our front doors
Lot of people do it in their back doors
Mike Harris ( Ontario premier) was not far from trump
He got elected two or three times

This is what I am predicting, the next term we will see Mike Pence running for President. I think this has been his strategy all along.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (220) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.