Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:25 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (701202 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2018
Backfornow:

I know a dig/insult when I see one. Let us all move on. Perhaps Frank will make an appearance.
Amen to that
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2018
GUYS TALKING ABOUT STRONG TIES WHEN APPLYING FOR VISA.. I HAVE 3 Million NAIRA IN NIGERIA TREASURY BILL,A PLOT OF LAND AND MY FAMILY MEMBERS STAY IN NIGERIA.
DOES THAT COUNT?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lordally(m): 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
Osahon7:
GUYS TALKING ABOUT STRONG TIES WHEN APPLYING FOR VISA.. I HAVE 3 Million NAIRA IN NIGERIA TREASURY BILL,A PLOT OF LAND AND MY FAMILY MEMBERS STAY IN NIGERIA.
DOES THAT COUNT?

It counts like mad to me!!!!

you can ask the same question in other travel sections too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Holocene(m): 9:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
Backfornow:

I know a dig/insult when I see one.
Let us all move on. Perhaps Frank will make an appearance.
It was surely an insult. But I like the way you showed him you got bigger and more hairy balls grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nig4Greatness: 9:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
Osahon7:
DOES THAT COUNT?

I think those things above are more of a spices that gives your situation some taste but the most important thing is who you are as a person....your marital status on one hand and your profession on the other. I would expect someone working with let's say chevron without those things to get a yes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
Backfornow:

They can PM me. grin
Fall semester starts for me next week, so I will not have time anyway.

What are you studying?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 9:59pm On Aug 14, 2018
Na wa for Nigerians , they say people in yankee over sabi s too much. Yes frank netter is the original op of this thread but he still new to this country. Yes you can learn from him but you can also learn from others that have lived here much longer than he has. That’s why Nigerians don’t help each sometimes especially abroad because when you do, they attack you and call you itk. That’s why this Asians do very well because they advice each other and actually use each other for advice instead of insulting each other.

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2018
Babyvet:

What are you studying?
Business Administration

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Holocene(m): 3:41am On Aug 15, 2018
Backfornow:

Business Administration
Jack of all trade, master of all grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 15, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

I think those things above are more of a spices that gives your situation some taste but the most important thing is who you are as a person....your marital status on one hand and your profession on the other. I would expect someone working with let's say chevron without those things to get a yes.
Thanks for the reply Sir... talking about profession, Am a Dental Surgeon.(Just graduated though)

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by chiboy1116: 9:11am On Aug 15, 2018
Babyvet:
Na wa for Nigerians , they say people in yankee over sabi s too much. Yes frank netter is the original op of this thread but he still new to this country. Yes you can learn from him but you can also learn from others that have lived here much longer than he has. That’s why Nigerians don’t help each sometimes especially abroad because when you do, they attack you and call you itk. That’s why this Asians do very well because they advice each other and actually use each other for advice instead of insulting each other.
ok

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by youngmann: 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2018

11 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Dremca(m): 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2018
Please Seun, direct him to the children's department where he can play and rant with his peers.
youngmann:
Which stupid information? You and your goons have succeeded in ruining this thread. I can't even come on here without seeing your irritating post.
Not only on this thread, other US related threads too. Busy body. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2018
Babyvet:
Trying to do these things you mentioned is only helping the thread to lose FOCUS. This wasn't why we followed the thread in the first place. We knew that there are other informations we would need to have easy flow when we enter Yankee but we chose to learn from Frank's experience first, YOU GUYS SHOULD RESPECT OUR DECISIONS PLEASE..

If you really want to help you should create your own thread and people that need the info at that time would definitely follow your thread.. Creating of thread is FREE OF CHARGE OO

17 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2018
fighal:
Trying to do these things you mentioned is only helping the thread to lose FOCUS. This wasn't why we followed the thread in the first place. We knew that there are other informations we would need to have easy flow when we enter Yankee but we chose to learn from Frank's experience first, YOU GUYS SHOULD RESPECT OUR DECISIONS PLEASE..

If you really want to help you should create your own thread and people that need the info at that time would definitely follow your thread.. Creating of thread is FREE OF CHARGE OO

I hope your bitter self stays in Nigeria. No wonder Nigeria is the way it is. It's not only the leaders that have problems, its also the people whose thinking is still far behind.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 15, 2018
Babyvet:

I hope your bitter self stays in Nigeria. No wonder Nigeria is the way it is. It's not only the leaders that have problems, its also the people whose thinking is still far behind.
Thank you. You can only hope, it won't stop my dreams and hustle... Thank you once more, like I said, y'all should stop derailing the thread.

18 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 15, 2018
Babyvet:

Just let it be.
I had misconceptions of what the thread was about. I saw ALL the other random American related questions and topics and thought it was safe.
So I am thinking seriously of creating an American thread where anyone in America or coming can gather, network, seek assistance, and discuss any US related topic without fear of condemnation. I will temporarily derail the thread when I have done it unless one of the other US based people here want to initiate it first.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 11:46pm On Aug 15, 2018
fighal:
Thank you. You can only hope, it won't stop my dreams and hustle... Thank you once more, like I said, y'all should stop derailing the thread.

Trust me , you won't go far with that attitude. They're trying to reduce immigration to this country and having an attitude likes yours won't help you to come here. No body is derailing the thread. Na only god go help you. I'm already here and you are not so better humble yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 11:48pm On Aug 15, 2018
Backfornow:

Just let it be.
I had misconceptions of what the thread was about. I saw ALL the other random American related questions and topics and thought it was safe.
So I am thinking seriously of creating an American thread where anyone in America or coming can gather, network, seek assistance, and discuss any US related topic without fear of condemnation. I will temporarily derail the thread when I have done it unless one of the other US based people here want to initiate it first.

Please don't bother yourself, since these people back home know it all, let them figure it by themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
Babyvet:

Please don't bother yourself, since these people back home know it all, let them figure it by themselves.

Even so, please stop fighting.
I know that it isnt really about derailing, its that they just want to hear from Frank.
So..let them have it.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
Babyvet:

Trust me , you won't go far with that attitude. They're trying to reduce immigration to this country and having an attitude likes yours won't help you to come here. No body is derailing the thread. Na only god go help you. I'm already here and you are not so better humble yourself.
I'm trying to be cool with the reply here and it's sooooooo easy to do because you're not making sense with your comments.
What's my business with immigration reduction? Do you think my plan and goal is to just go to AMERICA? Money dey fall for America
I want to go there as a made person, I'm not coming to hustle...
Person like you if them try deport you that's the end for u be that....
You just dey America to mark "present", Your reasoning no just make sense at alllll.................

35 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lordally(m): 12:30am On Aug 16, 2018
Backfornow:

Just let it be.

Bro form the thread make I enter abeg
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by stonemasonn: 12:32am On Aug 16, 2018
FrankNetter should come and settle this issue ooo
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 16, 2018
lordally:

You know what, I will do it tonight.
I will upload 2 links of articles that were released today.
1. One from Forbes Magazine that lists the 10 highest paying jobs in the US
2. One from Market Watch about the Reddit cofounder, he talks about his experiences on upstarting his company.
I will let you know when its done.

P.s. I think its common knowledge now that Im a lady. Not that I care that much.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Babyvet: 1:35am On Aug 16, 2018
:
fighal:
I'm trying to be cool with the reply here and it's sooooooo easy to do because you're not making sense with your comments.
What's my business with immigration reduction? Do you think my plan and goal is to just go to AMERICA? Money dey fall for America
I want to go there as a made person, I'm not coming to hustle...
Person like you if them try deport you that's the end for u be that....
You just dey America to mark "present", Your reasoning no just make sense at alllll.................

Well if your already made , then why come here ? Stay your ass back home then . Nobody is deporting me , you dey make yanga but you still want to come here . Go and tell that to the Immigration officer.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:37am On Aug 16, 2018
lordally:

As promised, it is done.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by SirVintageCock: 6:32am On Aug 16, 2018
This is invasion. They have succeeded in spoiling this wonderful thread with their oversabi unrelated posts. It went to the dogs 18 pages ago.
Frank created this thread for us to view America through his eyes as an average Nigerian village boy which majority of us can relate with. So y'all should please back off and create yours with your American eyes.

Franknetter, please create another thread for your homeboys/ girls and let's leave this one for your oversabi 'American ' friends.

Thank you

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2018
This is the dumbest stuffs I have encountered in a long time. Foaming at the mouth over a damn thread. Of all the things to care about in the world, you guys are choosing to crusade over a thread. If you actually have followed the thread, people have been coming in asking all sorts of questions. Frank has never said anything about it. If you have been following and read the girl's post from 40 pages ago, you will see she has helped alot of people. Why didnt he say anything then? He doesnt care as much as you do. News flash, its a public free forum, nobody has ownership of anything here.
Enough of this poo.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 16, 2018
Babyvet:
:

Well if your already made , then why come here ? Stay your ass back home then . Nobody is deporting me , you dey make yanga but you still want to come here . Go and tell that to the Immigration officer.
Gracias

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 16, 2018
You guys are singlehandedly responsible for her creating and promoting a rival thread that actually looks promising.
Now that is derailment.
I wonder how many of you will be over there under the guest moniker.
grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by dustydee: 9:26am On Aug 16, 2018
Babyvet:
:

I guess this is now a habit. undecided
Interestingly I saw the same usage on another thread 2 days ago and instinctively scrolled back up to see the commenter and guess what? it was you. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 16, 2018
FrankNetter,
Please come and clean this poo up, if you care.
Explain to your readers how the thread should carry on, while you are gone weeks at a time.
Some of us are tired of hearing from frustrated souls on how your thread should be carried on.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (221) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Giving Birth In Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.