Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,742 members, 7,827,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (684962 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by 2Lynx(m): 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2020
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Kenny242(m): 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2020
Wow finally�
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Samuelsegs: 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2020
So sad this thread is DEAD �
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 3:10am On Dec 07, 2020
Samuelsegs:
So sad this thread is DEAD �

This thread must not die oo.. Where is oga frank..

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 10:24am On Dec 21, 2020
kroger:

This thread must not die oo.. Where is oga frank..

I’m here cry

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 10:27am On Dec 21, 2020
It’s been a while

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by felixzo1(m): 11:10am On Dec 21, 2020
FrankNetter:
It’s been a while
yeah, we still dey here the wait for you. compliment of the season
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:24am On Dec 21, 2020
felixzo1:
yeah, we still dey here the wait for you. compliment of the season

Same to you. How body?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Brightfab(m): 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
FrankNetter:
It’s been a while

Christmas go good lass lass, FrankNetter don come back cheesy shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Joohan: 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
FrankNetter:

Same to you. How body?

Obi, longest time. How's it going over there?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 11:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
FrankNetter:

I’m here cry

Great !!! We don really miss your updates. Compliment of the season.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:37am On Dec 23, 2020
Compliments of the season fellas. Hope you guys are all good.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Paccus: 4:21am On Dec 23, 2020
Neeta02:
I just finished reading from page 0 & all I can say is well done Franknetter. For others in the abroad who contributed & posted beautiful pictures grin on the thread, una do well oh. America I will go by God’s grace.
I’ll come back here to give my testimony.

Happy New Year!
Come and give your testimony grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Digbick: 1:30am On Dec 24, 2020
I will give my testimony too, by the grace of God.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Futuragetty: 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2020
Whatever you do today, I hope you enjoy the day.
Spend time with family and friends or Just follow your own ritual. Merry Christmas to everyone, except for you 2020 smiley

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Futuragetty: 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2020
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Austine567(m): 5:37am On Jan 09, 2021
yankee-through-eyes-village-boy/213
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Magma012: 2:20am On Jan 13, 2021
Greetings to everyone
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Decoendowed001(m): 5:38pm On Jan 27, 2021
FrankNetter:
Compliments of the season fellas. Hope you guys are all good.

Pls oga does a Usc need visa to enter naija
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Mcslize: 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
ebere272:
Hello Frank,
I have been following your thread for a while now, I wonder if you can give some advice..
I just finished my bachelor's of Nursing from QUT in Australia (presently in Australia)..
But dream country is always the US, I don't know how to go about coming to work in the US and process involved..
Your advice would be deeply appreciated..

Hmmm Australia that people are struggling to enter that you want to leave for US?

Why not just practice for some years there first to get your Aussie citizenship first before making the move to US? With that, you will be killing 2 birds with one stone so that you can easily move back if you get tired of the US later in the future.

Aussie is a more safer country you know?

9 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by richhills(m): 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2021
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:42am On Feb 02, 2021
Decoendowed001:

Pls oga does a Usc need visa to enter naija

Yes
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Clefayomide: 8:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
Beautyaddy:

Hmmmm...this is very sad and embarrassing embarassed embarassed

I know this conversation is old, but just to add to it. This happened today. My project supervisor passed a msg that all his supervisees should see him today from 1pm to 2pm and when I got there I met quite a number of people already there waiting for him, that was around past 1. So I also joined them in waiting, we waited for about 45min and it was almost 2pm, then I asked them if anyone has tried to call him to let him know that we are here waiting for him, they replied saying NO that they're are scared to call him lol. I wasn't with my phone so I collected a friend's phone and called him. The conversation goes thus "hello good afternoon sir, I'm one of your supervisees, you asked us to see you today and we are already here waiting for you sir " he replied with a high pitched voice, "you are waiting for me ?" And he hung up. Fast forward to past 2, he came and immediately asked "who among you called me" and I stood up saying it's me Sir, next thing he said you're very stupid, how dare you call me, get out from here I don't want to see you, and I asked while still standing right there "what is my offense sir ?" But he kept on shouting that I should get out, other lecturers present there asked me to obey him and leave. I left and stood outside, he went inside his office, after chatting for minuteesss, he then decided to call people in. I followed them in and upon seeing me he asked me to still get out, what was my offense ? Because I called him ? Ha. He started shouting and said if not that he doesn't want someone's death to be on him he would have went physical with me, ha God! Because I called you ? Omo. He reported me to his fellow colleagues and they asked me to narrate what happened and could you believe what his colleague said ? They said that I'm very stupid, that what right do I have to call him, even if he doesn't show up at all that I have no right to call him to challenge him. Ha challenge him ? When did I challenge him Sir ? Long story short, he attended to every persons except me and what was my offence people ? Because I called him to let him know we were all gathered there waiting for him.
The point I'm trying to make out of this post is that, Nigerian educational system is rotten. Lecturers see themselves as gods and believe they can step on your right and get away with it, Fail you and go scot free.
No check and balances.
Imagine a master's student telling me after the scene that " na money this man dey find just settle the man bro, some of your guys don settle am, you sef do normal"
Such an ewww statement. After today's ordeal, I said to myself it's either I do my Masters outside this country or I don't even do it at all. I so much hate it here I SWEAR

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by muzzling17(f): 9:33am On Feb 04, 2021
Clefayomide:

No check and balances.
Imagine a master's student telling me after the scene that " na money this man dey find just settle the man bro, some of your guys don settle am, you sef do normal"
Such an ewww statement. After today's ordeal, I said to myself it's either I do my Masters outside this country or I don't even do it at all. I so much hate it here I SWEAR

You see that bolded, we share the same sentiments. In my case, we can’t even breath around the man. We only laugh when he laughed and cough when he coughed and that calling part, guy you deserve an AWARD oo. Don’t even lemme give you gist of how he treated his masters students. That was one the reason I can’t and will never have get a Masters Degree here!.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Clefayomide: 5:04pm On Feb 04, 2021
muzzling17:

You see that bolded, we share the same sentiments. In my case, we can’t even breath around the man. We only laugh when he laughed and cough when he coughed and that calling part, guy you deserve an AWARD oo. Don’t even lemme give you gist of how he treated his masters students. That was one the reason I can’t and will never have get a Masters Degree here!.

I can imagine cos there are alot of them here too. Such nonsense!. AWARD ?? Lol there are some certain things that are not meant to be a big deal but the environment we find ourselves makes it. The funny thing was that I made that call on behalf of every other supervisees present there not just myself alone, but could you believe that the rest of this students backed out leaving me alone to sought myself out ? Likeee they couldn't even speak up to defend me. I just shook my head in disappointment like no be una fault, baba fela don already talk am.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 11:38pm On Feb 22, 2021
It's been a while since oga frank last posted..
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Elnon: 3:43pm On Feb 23, 2021
You said it all...The society is rotten not just the educational system...A very OPPRESSIVE society that's why whenever you see a confrontation between Nigerians, the question 'Do you know who I am?' is always inevitable. 95% of Nigerians yearns for an opportunity to oppress his fellow human being...Same thing the politicians are doing etc...No genuine love for one another in such a very religious country.

Living here gives me allergy and so grateful its confirmed I'm leaving this shithole this year....Wont ever raise kids here..
Clefayomide:

I know this conversation is old, but just to add to it. This happened today. My project supervisor passed a msg that all his supervisees should see him today from 1pm to 2pm and when I got there I met quite a number of people already there waiting for him, that was around past 1. So I also joined them in waiting, we waited for about 45min and it was almost 2pm, then I asked them if anyone has tried to call him to let him know that we are here waiting for him, they replied saying NO that they're are scared to call him lol. I wasn't with my phone so I collected a friend's phone and called him. The conversation goes thus "hello good afternoon sir, I'm one of your supervisees, you asked us to see you today and we are already here waiting for you sir " he replied with a high pitched voice, "you are waiting for me ?" And he hung up. Fast forward to past 2, he came and immediately asked "who among you called me" and I stood up saying it's me Sir, next thing he said you're very stupid, how dare you call me, get out from here I don't want to see you, and I asked while still standing right there "what is my offense sir ?" But he kept on shouting that I should get out, other lecturers present there asked me to obey him and leave. I left and stood outside, he went inside his office, after chatting for minuteesss, he then decided to call people in. I followed them in and upon seeing me he asked me to still get out, what was my offense ? Because I called him ? Ha. He started shouting and said if not that he doesn't want someone's death to be on him he would have went physical with me, ha God! Because I called you ? Omo. He reported me to his fellow colleagues and they asked me to narrate what happened and could you believe what his colleague said ? They said that I'm very stupid, that what right do I have to call him, even if he doesn't show up at all that I have no right to call him to challenge him. Ha challenge him ? When did I challenge him Sir ? Long story short, he attended to every persons except me and what was my offence people ? Because I called him to let him know we were all gathered there waiting for him.
The point I'm trying to make out of this post is that, Nigerian educational system is rotten. Lecturers see themselves as gods and believe they can step on your right and get away with it, Fail you and go scot free.
No check and balances.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Timiofak(m): 1:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
Elnon:
You said it all...The society is rotten not just the educational system...A very OPPRESSIVE society that's why whenever you see a confrontation between Nigerians, the question 'Do you know who I am?' is always inevitable. 95% of Nigerians yearns for an opportunity to oppress his fellow human being...Same thing the politicians are doing etc...No genuine love for one another in such a very religious country.

Living here gives me allergy and so grateful its confirmed I'm leaving this shithole this year....Wont ever raise kids here..

The days of admission seeking, I once went too an office to notarize a document

the secretary there made me tour the place 5 days on a row, because of silly excuses

I now wondered, what if she was the issuing body? How many days would I spend just to see her

our leaders have their fault, but the majority if Nigeria problem, is from the ordinary citizens

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.