Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (682444 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by hammed71(m): 2:41am On Sep 06, 2021
KiNg0G:

travel section we agree..
but imbeciles like you are illegal immigrants waiting to jump on The next container to obodoyibo.

Stop wasting your time here and get out of the travel section

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hey Guys cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Philip4564(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
FrankNetter:
Hey Guys cheesy
welcome bro how's life
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ayindesegun10(m): 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
FrankNetter:
Hey Guys cheesy
Frank, how far? You remembered NL today
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ayindesegun10:

Frank, how far? You remembered NL today

Yes o. I say make i stop by come hail una. I had to retrieve the email address and reset the account password sef. How body?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
Philip4564:
welcome bro how's life

Life dey o. How your side?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by thejourney200: 9:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
KiNg0G:

have you gone yet.

your 27 now..... you should be ashamed of yourself... trying to run to a white man country

Why do some of you try to rain on another man's parade. Let him come abroad if he wants to rather than discourage him.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Helkayklassic(m): 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
Welcome back Frank. Good to have you here. Are we getting any update? No matter how short it is, at all at all na hin bad.

How have you been?

FrankNetter:
Hey Guys cheesy
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ayindesegun10(m): 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
FrankNetter:

Yes o. I say make i stop by come hail una. I had to retrieve the email address and reset the account password sef. How body?
We dey fine for this side. Oya nack us update. Some of us have wondering what's up with you.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
Helkayklassic:
Welcome back Frank. Good to have you here. Are we getting any update? No matter how short it is, at all at all na hin bad.

How have you been?

E dey come wink

where did i stop sef?

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by wfchris042(m): 2:30pm On Sep 09, 2021
Abeg op come back us update for that side
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
FrankNetter:
Soooo, one part of this thread I have neglected (on purpose) is the 18+ section and my "relations" with the opposite sex here in the USA. From here onwards, I shall try to sprinkle those gists into my stories (if I have the conviction to write and post).

Furthermore, I'll be sharing some nuggets and thoughts about certain issues. I always try to learn from the experiences life throws at me and as such, I'd be sharing what I learn along the way. If my opinion on any of the topics I'd be posting about is entirely different from your viewpoint, you're always welcome to comment and we'll have a civil discourse. Name-calling or any of that ratchet _shit would lead to you being ignored.

one love kiss

Still waiting on this Bro grin welcome back
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Floki737: 12:00am On Sep 11, 2021
shocked welcome back bro......... I'm so happy right now.
I thought you were gone for good.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by yunqdady: 8:42am On Apr 04, 2022
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Firefox01: 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2022
A gem of a thread wink

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Floki737: 5:28pm On May 14, 2022
smiley Hopefully, I'll be coming over soon. Amen.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by naijamanyoutube(m): 11:02pm On May 25, 2022
Floki737:
smiley Hopefully, I'll be coming over soon. Amen.

Yes o!

cc Floki737

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by naijamanyoutube(m): 11:07pm On May 25, 2022
Don't give up, you will make it one day. It was not easy for me, but I made it.

cc aboyaji

aboyaji:
So, finally I'm in the 216th page of the great thread by Franknetter. Just a wonder to behold.

This thread is a blessing to all and sundry. Most Especially, me.

I'd like to start with this saying... IF ANYONE HAS A SURE ROUTE OF LEAVING THIS NAIJA, THE PERSON SHOULDN'T CONSIDER OTHERWISE. JUST STRAIGHT UP RUN...

About Frank's job description in UPS... I had similar job here in naija. But not particularly the job description that I applied for. I was employed by binatone to work as their merchandiser (aka company representative) in ShopRite.

I did some rechearch about the job beforehand and was happy then. Though I was in dare need of job. So anything goes.

I was oblivious of the fact that the job description was 'masked' until I arrived the venue.

Remember, a company representative in such job could be termed an in-store merchandiser who took care of the company's products, take stock, replace the empty shelves when a customer buys the product and sends report to the primary company.
It got to a point when it dawned on me that my job wasn't limited to my company alone but to my designated store where I represented my company.

My brothers and sisters in Christ, your brother started doing Franknetter job in UPS inside ShopRite o.

I'd resume for the day, the controllers (supervisor) would instruct us to clean shelves which took 2hrs every morning before replacing the empty shelves. As in unloading all items arranged on all shelves, clean them and replace them. The job was very tasking.

The ShopRite consisted of so many aisles upto 30+. We'll do it all.

After which we began the proper merchandising that brought us to the job.

Then, here is the SHOW.
By 10am, we would be called to assemble in their stockroom. Stockroom is like a warehouse where ALL the goods sold in the store are stored. We'd be the ones receiving the goods and arranging them. When there's any truck unloading either drinks or appliances or anything at the receiving area, we'd be the ones doing the job. MIND YOU, SHOPRITE DOESN'T PAY US FOR ALL THESE.

But received food item worth #500 for unloading a truck load of maybe, pillows, beverages, all fruits, food items, and whatnot. We'd still operate the pallet jack, took the items from the receiving post to the stockroom. No salary or wages or proper incentives from ShopRite.

When company sends bonus to ShopRite staff, we're never considered. undecided

I earned approximately 40k monthly from my parent company. No other income whatsoever. And we worked from 7-4 everyday.

What other time have we left to do other hustles lipsrsealed

I became sickly with time. I lost my closest friend from the job in December 2020 due to internal Ill health.

Each day I woke up by 5:30am and remembered the place I was working, I just fell back to sleep. Grudgingly, I'd still rise and head to work.

A lady flew across Lagos to Abuja when she got the job and thought differently. When she arrived, the supervisor intimated her on the nature of the job... She called her husband and told him the surprise she got. The husband pleaded with her to just do it and recoup her flight ticket back to Lagos. This lady managed a month and ran back to Lagos.

The funny part was that she came on suit and was asking after her office. The supervisor took her to the stockroom and showed her the place. She was infuriated.

See, in NAIJA... We're merely surviving. I googled merchandising online in Canada. The description I got was an in-store merchandiser whose job was to resume in the morning, make sure all his or her own items are well arranged on the shelves and nothing more. The merchandiser leaves immediately after putting things in check and returns in the evening for the same routine check. Their pay is very handsome too.

Sadly, we can't say the same for NAIJA sad

Thank God I left them in December. My brothers and sisters, when I look back, probably the pictures I took while on that "job" and evaluate myself now, I thank God. I was more like a stick with roots as veins all over my body.

NB: I went for a US interview in 2020 and was denied. Denial doesn't translate to loss of vision. Still I rise. grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Floki737: 11:54am On May 26, 2022
naijamanyoutube:

Yes o!

cc Floki737

cheesy Thanks man.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 31, 2022
BlowJobs:

bro, i wish i met a Nigerian girl. I want to eat Naija food. grin grin

i'm sure lot of people on this thread don't wanna meet naija girls when they enta yankee. They want to explore first. That's why i gave them those tips

When dem taya, dem go dey find Naija "wife material" girls grin

I have been reading all your abroad post. And this is the first time you sound very irritating and foolish.

You wish you met a Nigeria girl? Do you think Nigeria girls abroad will even look your face, talk less of dating you?

You don't know what you have. Many of us are praying to be in your shoes.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Firefox01: 2:49pm On May 31, 2022
Cryinfreeman:

I have been reading all your abroad post. And this is the first time you sound very irritating and foolish.

You wish you met a Nigeria girl? Do you think Nigeria girls abroad will even look your face, talk less of dating you?

You don't know what you have. Many of us are praying to be in your shoes.
Post of since 2018. Haba grin Deputy Jesus wey dey raise dead bones from the grave grin

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 31, 2022
Firefox01:
Post of since 2018. Haba grin Deputy Jesus wey dey raise dead bones from the grave grin

The guy comment made me vex for am. He think say any Nigeria girl abroad go change his status and life

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:46pm On Jul 21, 2022
Hello guys grin

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:46pm On Jul 21, 2022
I’m now a USA citizen

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:47pm On Jul 21, 2022
Also, as of today, I graduated nursing school and passed my board exams smiley

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:48pm On Jul 21, 2022
Life has been happening so fast, its been very hard to keep up but I am very grateful for my journey so far.

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by queengift(f): 11:52pm On Jul 21, 2022
Congratulations bro, so happy for you

FrankNetter:
I’m now a USA citizen
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:59pm On Jul 21, 2022
queengift:
Congratulations bro, so happy for you

Thank you
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Honlucas: 12:07am On Jul 22, 2022
FrankNetter:

Thank you

congrat bro

pls i hv a question do u hv any other degree before porting to us?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 12:07am On Jul 22, 2022
FrankNetter:
I’m now a USA citizen

Applying for my citizenship wasn’t much of a hassle. According to the uscis, once you’ve stayed in the USA for a period of 5 years and you’re a green card holder in good standing with the law, you could apply for citizenship.

October 2021, I started the process, uploaded the documents to their website and paid the roughly $800 fee. The whole process took approximately 6 months and on 28/04, I was sworn in as a new citizen of the USA. My passport was just shipped to my house last week and I’ve already voted in my first election (primary elections).

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 12:08am On Jul 22, 2022
Honlucas:

congrat bro

pls i hv a question do u hv any other degree before porting to us?

Nope. I didn’t finish my med schooling before i left

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Honlucas: 12:10am On Jul 22, 2022
FrankNetter:

Nope. I didn’t finish my med schooling before i left

ok bro cuz im currently studying microbiology , my plans is to enter US through msc. after that 1 study vet med ..

how possible is it? like to switch to vet med over there

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.