Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (683395 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 12:02am On Apr 06, 2017
Toppytek:

e be like u MAN-U fan abi.

So United will be 6th on 6th April

They were
6th on 6th March,
6th February,
6th January,
6th December,
6th November,
6th October.

consistency

grin there is God in everything we are doing
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by timidapsin(m): 12:03am On Apr 06, 2017
FrankNetter:

Your story gave me light embarassed
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Toppytek(m): 12:08am On Apr 06, 2017
FrankNetter:

lol.. abi na.. that reminds me .. how often do u guys go to church over there compare to the advert of our "religious industry" here?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:08am On Apr 06, 2017
Toppytek:

if u don't increase your speed at times even on a bad road you'd see a lady not even a man insulting u for being sluggish.

that's Naija for u.

Very true.

And then they'll say one brand/model is bad, e dey pull leg, etc
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:12am On Apr 06, 2017
On Sunday morning ls, the roads are almost deserted because only relatively few people go to Church.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 06, 2017
CFCman:
On Sunday morning ls, the roads are almost deserted because only relatively few people go to Church.

In California yeah but not in Texas

By the way people, Redeem, Cele dem dey here too grin

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:

In California yeah but not in Texas

By the way people, Redeem, Cele dem dey here too grin
cheesy cheesy
You're right about Texas and the South in general.
In California, most of the church-goers reside in the northern and central parts of the state. Very few people in the coastal areas attend church

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 5:17am On Apr 06, 2017
FrankNetter:

Ehe, dem don call una now. Chelsea people. Yeye club grin

Bus parkers

E pain am, na Man U or Arsenal u dey support?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by cumz(m): 7:41am On Apr 06, 2017
Chelseafan1:

E pain am, na Man U or Arsenal u dey support?? cheesy cheesy

Mr, so you are here? You want to ja abi

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 7:42am On Apr 06, 2017
cumz:

Mr, so you are here?
You want to ja abi

Lol, I wan to 'ja' o bros
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by vickertony(m): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2017
@op FrankNetter and other Yankee based nairalanders who have viewed or still viewing this thread..
please i know some of you made it to Yankee despite not being from a wealthy family,i just wanna know how you guys raised money here in Nigeria before traveling to fulfill your American dreams.
I just need ideas my people.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 06, 2017
vickertony:
@op FrankNetter and other Yankee based nairalanders who have viewed or still viewing this thread..
please i know some of you made it to Yankee despite not being from a wealthy family,i just wanna know how you guys raised money here in Nigeria before traveling to fulfill your American dreams.
them go thief am nah.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by vickertony(m): 8:53am On Apr 06, 2017
smithsydny:
them go thief am nah.
Lol grin if u have ideas drop bro, about going for my nysc, just thinking what i could venture into and raise money for my msc Abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 06, 2017
vickertony:
Lol grin if u have ideas drop bro, about going for my nysc, just thinking what i could venture into and raise money for my msc Abroad.
anything to make money ooo.. By the way since its MSc look for student thread u will see all your answers there. Godspeed

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by cumz(m): 10:49am On Apr 06, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Lol, I wan to 'ja' o bros
Haha, lol.. God help us all... Which stage you dey now?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 11:47am On Apr 06, 2017
cumz:

Haha, lol.. God help us all... Which stage you dey now?

Dem reject my visit visa last August, me sef for dey post pictures from Michigan right now, the yeye VO reject me, give me blue paper grin

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by cumz(m): 11:53am On Apr 06, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Dem reject my visit visa last August, me sef for dey post pictures from Michigan right now, the yeye VO reject me, give me blue paper grin

Eyah, na to try again...
Was given the white paper few weeks back

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 11:54am On Apr 06, 2017
cumz:

Eyah, na to try again...
Was given the white paper few weeks back

Yaaaagaaa!!! Congratulations brother.

I dey envy u o...

Where u dey go?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by cumz(m): 12:03pm On Apr 06, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Yaaaagaaa!!! Congratulations brother.
I dey envy u o...
Where u dey go?
Hahaha, thank you.. Texas.. I dey crossroad now sha, I still dey serve, don't know if to dump it... Plus, I still dey find ticket money

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 1:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
cumz:

Hahaha, thank you..
Texas..
I dey crossroad now sha, I still dey serve, don't know if to dump it...
Plus, I still dey find ticket money

Is it visit visa too? Try hustle na, I finished service exactly a year ago, I never pull out my nysc certificate for where I dump am since.

I think u can talk to your ZI about it sha, you can travel out while serving na but e get procedure sha.
It's useless to me. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Toppytek(m): 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Is it visit visa too? Try hustle na, I finished service exactly a year ago, I never pull out my nysc certificate for where I dump am since.

I think u can talk to your ZI about it sha, you can travel out while serving na but e get procedure sha.

I go graduate next year but that yeye NYSC scheme dey vex me.. I just dey pray Buhari scrab am.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by neahyo(m): 2:01pm On Apr 06, 2017
Chai! Different people and different problems. When I'm thinking of how to pay WES evaluation fee of $205 as a serving Corper now and get graduate assistantship, another person is thinking of when he will start NYSC.

God is great...

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by cumz(m): 5:53pm On Apr 06, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Lol.. Yeah.. Visit visa..

Hustling in progress....

Me sef no feel this Nysc thing too
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Harmored(m): 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2017
timidapsin:
Your story gave me light embarassed
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by vickertony(m): 9:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
smithsydny:
anything to make money ooo.. By the way since its MSc look for student thread u will see all your answers there. Godspeed
Thanks mate.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by vickertony(m): 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
vickertony:
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
vickertony:

Bro, na hustle o. All way na way
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 06, 2017
FrankNetter:

Bro, na hustle o. All way na way
dude!
any gist?
so dat tinz go swt small
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Toppytek(m): 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2017
tescoman90:

dude!

any gist?

so dat tinz go swt small

as franknetter don get job to come nairaland dey hard am. no time to check time baba double your hustle.

cfcman any info?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 12:44am On Apr 07, 2017
Toppytek:

as franknetter don get job to come nairaland dey hard am. no time to check time baba double your hustle.

cfcman any info?

Come chop meat grin

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 07, 2017
H1-B or F-1 Visa is the way to go if you don't have a close family member in the US

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 3:26am On Apr 07, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Re right turns: unless there's a sign that says you can't. You can also make a left from a one way street onto another one way street.
Right turn on red is not national.... not allowed in NY unless a sign says you can. @Frank...lol...the Police came out of thin air!...they really do!

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.