Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (684132 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2017
FrankNetter:

The preacher was not screaming out our eardrums, he wasn't trying to convince people to part with thier hard-earned cash, Generally, the homily had the feel of a dad talking and singing to his kids softly and soothingly.
I didn't stay till the end, so I didn't witness any offering collection.

Lol and every Pastor and Priest in Nigeria is opposite of your US pastor I presume? Your thread is nice but you consistently put down your country unjustly, it's ridiculous. I thought you were joking when you called yourself a village boy but just maybe you were right (no offense) Nigeria is bigger than your personal experience of it cheesy

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2017
FrankNetter:

Most of them? Na you know wetin dey pepper you for body sha?

Take it easy o! Before your bitterness would land you in trouble.

Lol nothing o, I love my country that is all. So which trouble will I enter? cheesy
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol and every Pastor and Priest in Nigeria is opposite of your US pastor I presume? Your thread is nice but you consistently put down your country unjustly, it's ridiculous. I thought you were joking when you called yourself a village boy but just maybe you were right (no offense) Nigeria is bigger than your personal experience of it cheesy

grin but you're here snooping around on this thread, saying thrash. Im a village man, a proud one at that. Im probably more polished and exposed than you will ever be. One more thing, I'm in the USA, my green card is coming next week or so, I'm living a good life.

You, on the other hand, are a frustrated individual. Its evident in your posts.
Who knows, if you spend as much time you spend on this thread trying to be useful to yourself and those around you, you might just start living a better life and stop being bitter.

You can head back to the job vacancies section now, wink wink

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
Pidgin2:

Back here it is easy to evade tax, many of them have never paid tax in their lives cheesy
grin

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 9:13pm On Jan 02, 2017
FrankNetter:

grin but you're here snooping around in this thread, saying thrash. Im a village man, a proud one at that. Im probably more polished and exposed than you will ever be. One more thing, I'm in the USA, my green card is coming next week or so, I'm living a good life.

You, on the other hand, are a frustrated individual. Its evident in your posts, who knows, if you spend as much time you spend on this thread trying to be useful, you might just start living a better life and stop being bitter.

Don't mind her. Why cant she create her experience in Ninja?

12 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ttmacoy: 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2017
Is there a reason why you keep using these random light coloured fonts? It is not exactly easy to read on the page background.

ILuvGummyBearz:
thats not good enough.u've not told me anything really

I dont want make a thread.
U make 1 and we can "rub mimds" there.

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 02, 2017
ttmacoy:
Is there a reason why you keep using these random light coloured fonts? It is not exactly easy to read on the page background.

grin grin grintheir pretty
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by 1Rebel: 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol nothing o, I love my country that is all. So which trouble will I enter? cheesy

What exactly is your problem? undecided

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by jiinxed: 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2017
Pidgin2 keeps looking for ways to derail this thread and nothing is being done about it. Isnt it time for her (or it) to receive a ban or something?

cc: justwise, disguy

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2017
@ Pidgin2 .......this guy wan just create familiarity with our US babe thats why he dey talk trash.
i wonder how him dey pump water cuz he fit say our water board is the best and he is also proud of them. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by davinchecodes(m): 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
Pidgin2:

Stop being an Ass undecided
Pidgin2:

Lol and every Pastor and Priest in Nigeria is opposite of your US pastor I presume? Your thread is nice but you consistently put down your country unjustly, it's ridiculous. I thought you were joking when you called yourself a village boy but just maybe you were right (no offense) Nigeria is bigger than your personal experience of it

Stop being an Ass. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by davinchecodes(m): 10:31pm On Jan 02, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol and every Pastor and Priest in Nigeria is opposite of your US pastor I presume? Your thread is nice but you consistently put down your country unjustly, it's ridiculous. I thought you were joking when you called yourself a village boy but just maybe you were right (no offense) Nigeria is bigger than your personal experience of it

Stop being an Ass. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by davinchecodes(m): 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
FrankNetter:

grin but you're here snooping around on this thread, saying thrash. Im a village man, a proud one at that. Im probably more polished and exposed than you will ever be. One more thing, I'm in the USA, my green card is coming next week or so, I'm living a good life.

Who knows, if you spend as much time you spend on this thread trying to be useful to yourself and those around you, you might just start living a better life and stop being bitter.

That was Brutal

20 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by virtual3xpert: 12:58am On Jan 03, 2017
FrankNetter:

She's obviously trying to get your attention. Just watch, you'll soon start getting PMs from a certain someone. All na strategy.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:01am On Jan 03, 2017
I love what I'm seeing here. Please keep them coming.I have missed a lot for days of my absent from this trade.

Happy new year all.

Frank, I must commend that you are such a wonderful person.
No wonder your mum could not leave you in Nigeria and stay over there without you (the love of a mother). Keep it up and happy stay.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 4:20am On Jan 03, 2017
virtual3xpert:

She's obviously trying to get your attention. Just watch, you'll soon start getting PMs from a certain someone. All na strategy.
huh You might be right. Attention strategy.
Op was only making reference to the US, not Nigeria. If she is so pained, she should advise authorities to do the needful, and fix the system.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 4:45am On Jan 03, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
op u enjoyin' yaself,yes? smiley

I've been readin' through ya thread and viewing "yankee" grin through yer eyes
and though the sites are the same i see
You veiw them as something grand

What is it that thrills u about America ? ive lived here all my life and i dont get it?
Come home to your soil, you would be thrilled, Black American .

United States of "Ajegunle" where you can follow roll in the neighborhood.

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:32am On Jan 03, 2017
guiddoti:
Come home to your soil, you would be thrilled, Black American .

United States of "Ajegunle" where you can follow roll in the neighborhood.
what "roll in the neighborhood"?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Bossman(m): 3:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
lillaowow:
trump towers from East Ohio street

Yup! I walk past the Trum tower every weekday as I head to the office from the train station.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Bossman(m): 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
Yes o. My wife received 2 of those last year. Both of them for not coming to a complete stop at the red light before making a right turn. Besides the picture with time/date of offense they mail to you, they also include the url of video online that shows exactly what happened. You can't dispute it. Picture/Video no dey lie. And if you do not pay the fine by the time specified, the fine doubles. LOL!

FrankNetter:
See as everybody dey obey traffic. If you misbehave (or run red light), cameras would take a photo of your vehicle, your plate number and mail it to your house along with your ticket. grin grin

If i can find the one they sent to my mum, I'd snap and upload it. On two occassions, she had to pay $200 each.

that's $400 just for disobeying traffic. How much is that in naira again?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
what "roll in the neighborhood"?
Oyinbo, say that again!

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
guiddoti:
Oyinbo, say that again!
tongue no. Bye
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
tongue no. Bye
y cool[quote author=ILuvGummyBearz post=52501989] tongue black American
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lakesidepapa(m): 9:11pm On Jan 03, 2017
FrankNetter:

Is too much smiley u sabi reply

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by stevelaw: 11:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
Oga mi,continue the good works,no mind them jare

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 04, 2017
@FRANKNETTER please continue your good work ...........................we dey enjoy your story wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 04, 2017
Bossman:
Yes o. My wife received 2 of those last year. Both of them for not coming to a complete stop at the red light before making a right turn. Besides the picture with time/date of offense they mail to you, they also include the url of video online that shows exactly what happened. You can't dispute it. Picture/Video no dey lie. And if you do not pay the fine by the time specified, the fine doubles. LOL!

oh! they even recorded it, we seriously need such system here.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kenkels: 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
sledjama:

oh! they even recorded it, we seriously need such system here.
hehehe pay half of the money the other way the video and fine will get deleted here.. .. unto 9ja level grin

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:57am On Jan 05, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:
OP nice one, im really enjoying this. I got my Yankee visa too already. F1 visa (I did students visa to go for masters). The schl is resumin early January and im bookin my flight ticket soon. I would be in Atlanta, Georgia though grin grin

As i stated in the above quote, i am finally in yankee too now. Arrived today. Came with Delta airline and its a direct flight to Atlanta Georgia. Im staying at Duluth presently,another city in Georgia... Seriously, Yankee na the place to be. Everything for here too make sense and set die. grin grin Chai, i wonder if Naija go ever reach this level in future. embarassed

Will post more updates later.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by progress69: 9:17am On Jan 05, 2017
Bossman:

Then operation REPO! When u fail again!

1 Like 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.