Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van (19419 Views)

Nigerian Man Confronts Chinese Officials Over Ill-Treatment Of Nigerians (Video) / FRSC Officials Return N27M Recovered After Deaths Of 8 Edo Indigenes. PICS / People Killed In Kaduna As Driver Was Evading FRSC Officials (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by davibid: 7:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
meezynetwork:
I will support FRSC to be bearing arms cos Nigerians are very stubborn

Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by Jonwesley(m): 8:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
According to him, he was asked to stop by the officers and as he was driving off the road to park properly, one of the corps members who thought he wanted to run away picked a very big stone and pelted him with it. The stone, he said, hit him on his right hand as a result of which he lost control of the vehicle.

Lies!!!.

How can this happen if the driver was trying to park?

He must have tried to escape and most probably on a higher speed than a vehicle slowing down to park.

However, hurling a Stone at a run away driver is most unfortunate and wrong. You have a patrol van or Motor cycle to chase a recalcitrant driver, why hurling stones at a driver?
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by delishpot: 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
Fed government get craze on a good day so I will not be surprised if they even decide to arm Youth workers.
Instead of them to buy better emergency response kit for FRSC and design proper identification method for Nigerians, so that officers would not need to jump in front of moving vehicles, they choose to arm road safety so that the citizens can be scared straight. Lol. NAIJA govt, I hail o. You guys are indirectly calling your citizens goats who need kondo to keep the line straight. Forgetting that it is the incompetence of the government that makes people miss behave. A simple working citizen Id and the rest would make people know that if they do silly criminal offences, they would be fished out.
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
meezynetwork:

a member of your family will be the first accidental discharge victim of FRSC..... MUMU
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by ezeegolimited30(m): 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
boys scout is even more useful Dan dis FRSC guys,d government dat brought dem into existence made great mistake giving dem gun will be d greatest, heartless sets of piple,
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by Emescot(m): 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
meezynetwork:
and when they will accidentally discharge, u will say why did they give them guns... Nigerians are stubborn and chronic complainers
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by NairaMaster1(m): 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
awa:
The Driver is stupid, obviously he is not aware Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic whose major official duty is to see people suffer has granted them power to bear arms.

Something dey worry the Driver

Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by tboi007: 9:26pm On Dec 05, 2016
i have actually seen them throwing sticks at a commercial bus right in front of me,i almost ran into the stick.

1 Like

Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by easzypeaszy(m): 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
It happens in front of ma house..at success roundabt..cus I live in d uduth quarters..I ws on my bike going fr extra lecture fixed fr us dt Sunday wen d bulshit happens...very close to me
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by billyG(m): 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
I think drivers too shld apply to start bearing arms or mount guns on their bonnets.if police dnt disturb them,frsc will,or armed robbers will block them.

1 Like

Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by tsannee(m): 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
billyG:
I think drivers too shld apply to start bearing arms or mount guns on their bonnets.if police dnt disturb them,frsc will,or armed robbers will block them.
. funny
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by Noblesoul123: 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
PaulIdu:

Did you even read the story? They threw stones into a moving car to stop it ..FRSC was created to save lives and not waste it ..please learn to use Ur head
Did you even read where the allegation of stone throwing was refuted?
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by hero2000: 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
PaulIdu:

Did you even read the story? They threw stones into a moving car to stop it ..FRSC was created to save lives and not waste it ..please learn to use Ur head

Nairaland and some unreasonable people! Who are those liking this silly post!

Didn't you read that the stone claim was false. Nigeria's future may be at risk with the proliferation of unreasonable persons.
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by calabardick(m): 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
The kind of demons that came with this present government has no element of pity.

From inception of this government it's either one bad news or the other, strange things happening everyday. Even the heavens are angry to the extent of Nigeria having eclipse

I think bubu needs a baptism by immersion
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by PaulIdu: 11:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
hero2000:

Nairaland and unreasonable people! Who are those liking this silly post!

Didn't you read that the stone claim was false. Nigeria's future may be at risk with the proliferation of unreasonable persons.

Coming from someone who thinks it's Okay to arm traffic safety officers with assault rifles .. I have seen FRSC official throw objects into the paths of moving vehicle many times so I believe the drivers
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by hero2000: 11:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
PaulIdu:

Coming from someone who thinks it's Okay to arm traffic safety officers with assault rifles .. I have seen FRSC official throw objects into the paths of moving vehicle many times so I believe the drivers

IF and if the stone throwing is true, I condemn it totally and irrevocably.

Now to giving them arms; for every problem or situation there are usually more than one way to address it. The best way should be taken. The problem that made arming FRSC officials an issue at is their safety.

Does any responsible state allow it officials to be killed anyhow while on duty? Apart from arming them, some have suggested assigning police to them on patrol. The BIG problem with that is lack of independence. If they depend solely on the police for their protection ON DUTY it will affect their autonomy.

As a person with a reasonable sense of self efficacy, FOR ME, the first argument for arming them is give them some level of respect their job requires!

Imagine yourself on patrol. A vehicle breaks down on a side of the road which causes traffic to build up. The vehicle however doesn't block the road completely. Immediately some motorist see the building traffic, they begin to take 'one-way'. The FRSC official at the junction tells them to return to their lane but they push him away with their vehicle. Remember you are the FRSC guy. What would you do?

I want practical plausible pragmatic answer.

If I was the official I would feel some kind of frustration at a situation where I am deployed by govt to do a job in which I am not empowered to do (in our system). What I believe the gun will do is to make people respect them ON DUTY for the work they do.

I salute Oyeyemi the boss for this initiative. It seems to me that he is capable of rising to the occasion when situation demands it. I would rather resign that allow my men to be mauled down by some insane driver. Is that not what leadership is about? Is it not taking responsibility for and protecting those who look up to you? Was that not what Late Lt Col Abu Ali was doing that earned more moral authority that some arm chair generals?

1 Like

Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by purpulrain: 12:52am On Dec 06, 2016
meezynetwork:
I will support FRSC to be bearing arms
NRIEE NSI
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by layzie: 2:17am On Dec 06, 2016
@ eco2580. that story does not add up. if the driver had stopped and was about to park well by the side of the road as claimed, there is no way a hurled stone will make him lose control and cause the car somersault. I think I will take the frsc story over that drivers claims..he must have been on high speed for the car to flip over.
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by EFCC777: 5:35am On Dec 06, 2016
LEGITLAYO:

Really??
I hope one of your relatives won't be a victim of accidental discharge...
We've not had enough of law enforcement officers wielding arms, you want road safety to start wielding arms too bah?
angry angry
why are you scared?
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by EFCC777: 5:36am On Dec 06, 2016
awa:
The Driver is stupid, obviously he is not aware Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic whose major official duty is to see people suffer has granted them power to bear arms.

Something dey worry the Driver
must you comment if you don't have anything to day.
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by EFCC777: 5:39am On Dec 06, 2016
PaulIdu:

why are you always like this. pls try and finish a story before u make comment.
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by EFCC777: 5:42am On Dec 06, 2016
Olasco93:
I agree with the FRSC Commander. The FRSC officials are one of the most disciplined set of people I have ever come accros, irrespective of where you meet them.
Some Nigerian drivers have no regard for their own life talkless of that of passengers. Imagine somebody advicing you to Use seat belt, Overloading and Over speed and all you could say to him in your innermost heart is "waka shège, barawo banza, yeye oppicer"
I may be wrong though.
u said the truth
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by glossy6(f): 7:40am On Dec 06, 2016
meezynetwork:

What will FIRS carry to ensure compliance, bomb?
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by ndaman25: 7:45am On Dec 06, 2016
sapiosexual1:
They sha want to justify their arms bearing shaaaa.
Anyways, drivers up north are really mad, as in mad.
That's how you would see a golf car with four persons in front (someone sits with the driver) , 6 at the back and 3 in the boot. And you dare not stop them, na their papa be president, they go just dey tear speed like kilode
. u are true one don carry me from KD2KN I almost die DAT day

1 Like

Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by streetzdreamz(m): 7:51am On Dec 06, 2016
hero2000:

IF and if the stone throwing is true, I condemn it totally and irrevocably.

Now to giving them arms; for every problem or situation there are usually more than one way to address it. The best way should be taken. The problem that made arming FRSC officials an issue at is their safety.

Does any responsible state allow it officials to be killed anyhow while on duty? Apart from arming them, some have suggested assigning police to them on patrol. The BIG problem with that is lack of independence. If they depend solely on the police for their protection ON DUTY it will affect their autonomy.

As a person with a reasonable sense of self efficacy, FOR ME, the first argument for arming them is give them some level of respect their job requires!

Imagine yourself on patrol. A vehicle breaks down on a side of the road which causes traffic to build up. The vehicle however doesn't block the road completely. Immediately some motorist see the building traffic, they begin to take 'one-way'. The FRSC official at the junction tells them to return to their lane but they push him away with their vehicle. Remember you are the FRSC guy. What would you do?

I want practical plausible pragmatic answer.

If I was the official I would feel some kind of frustration at a situation where I am deployed by govt to do a job in which I am not empowered to do (in our system). What I believe the gun will do is to make people respect them ON DUTY for the work they do.

I salute Oyeyemi the boss for this initiative. It seems to me that he is capable of rising to the occasion when situation demands it. I would rather resign that allow my men to be mauled down by some insane driver. Is that not what leadership is about? Is it not taking responsibility for and protecting those who look up to you? Was that not what Late Lt Col Abu Ali was doing that earned more moral authority that some arm chair generals?
nicely said, some people won't just let their brain do the job its meant,made to do, they'd rather pay you to think for em!!! even custom officials,policemen who bear arms gets mauled to death by some devilish drivers, Nigerians would rather do the unthinkable as long as it pleases their immediate need at the moment, the FRSC's story seemed legit than the drivers, a vehicle slowing down to park wouldn't have such a bad crash when a stone is hauled, he definitely was on a high speed, ignored the officials and lost control of the vehicle, about the stone,stick hauling other nairalanders claimed they've witnessed, frustration can make you go out of your normal ways a times, I mean this guys sees gory images at crash sites,pack em up, then they stop you to question your eligibility as a driver, and the best you can do is knock them down or take off, why?? they had no arms, we love learning the hard way in this country, if that's the only thing that will keep d crazy ones in check, so be it.
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by texazzpete(m): 8:20am On Dec 06, 2016
hero2000:

Nairaland and some unreasonable people! Who are those liking this silly post!

Yes, everyone knows FRSC officials never tell lies.

/s
Re: Drivers Attack FRSC Officials Over Sokoto Accident, Threaten To Burn Van by MPVGoddess: 8:34am On Dec 06, 2016
Long ago,

I swear to God Almighty that FRSC officials on Ajaokuta Expressway - that bad portion of the road if you are traveling to the East, at least three of three strategically arranged themselves to the left and right and the front of a vehicle I happened to be traveling in and picked up stones and aimed at the windshield of the vehicle when they thought that the driver was faking the attempt to park but really intended to make a run

The driver of the unfortunate vehicle and the other drivers are simply venting pent up frustration from these kinds of excesses - I wished to God that we had a dash cam in the vehicle, their careers would have been destroyed that day.

My point is - the story is not without merit.

Don't be quick to believe the official story line - they have got to protect the jobs and careers of their friends and associates

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Dead, Policeman In Critical Condition As Vehicle Catches Fire In Rivers / Driving With Hands-free Illegal In Nigeria — FRSC / COVID-19: Travellers From Germany, France, 6 Countries To Undergo 2nd Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.