Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy (5991 Views)

Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy / Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy / 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 2:22am On Jan 13, 2017
"Traffic". The very word that defines whether your blog will be successful or be an inconsequential failure. I officially started blogging at 17, and I must say that the first year was really tough especially in the terms of traffic.

At first I normally got about 8,000 views monthly, I felt satisfied but I decided to move out of my comfort zone and push myself so hard to get extra traffic and build a strong reputation.

I can easily relate to the feeling when you post and you don't get enough views and you feel like you're not doing enough. I've made a post previously on how bloggers can get extra traffic on their blogs but this time I'll be highlighting the types of content that'll get your posts a very good traffic boost.

Basically, if you are trying to increase your traffic, it all depends on the content you are publishing on your blog. If you don’t have good articles as your foundation, then building high-quality backlinks and getting high traffic won’t last for long.

But if you have very educative and informative articles published on your blog, you will certainly get high traffic for a long, long time without putting in so much effort.

These types of content will relatively help you increase the traffic of any site or blog, provided that you make the best posts .

1. List Posts

This type of content attracts lots of visitors each month. These kind of posts can be of any type – Top facts , Recommended Ways , etc. but if the topic is quite interesting, you should see an increase in your traffic in a few days. List posts always get shared a lot on social media sites and are linked back a lot so you will get social and referral traffic as well as a lot of backlinks.

2. Resource Posts

Resource posts bring traffic and backlinks from different sources.

When publishing resource posts keep in mind that any site or product you mention in the post should be working. It would be better if you personally check all those products and sites and see if they are working before adding to the post.

Though it will surely take some extra time but it will be definitely worth it when people appreciate your efforts.

3. Tutorials and How-to Guides

Tutorials and how-to posts can increase your traffic considerably.
You have to search for problems that a lot of people are facing and put yourself in that situation and apply some solutions to solve the problem. When you are writing a post on “ how to take backup of your blog ”, you have to actually take a backup and show it to your readers using images and screenshots.

If your readers are facing any problems then you will be able to solve them immediately because you too have performed the same thing and you know which problems will come up and which ones won’t.

So if you are good at solving problems, then writing tutorials on your blog will attract a lot of visitors.

4. Interviews & Stories

Another way to increase traffic to your blog currently is by conducting interviews of experts.
I've done quite a number of interviews on my blog and it gets a lot of views.

The reason for this is simple – I get new visitors . But when you choose a topic , like say link building tactics , and you bring in 50-60 top SEO experts to share their views on it and their personal link building strategies then you will see a huge surge in traffic, social shares and an increase in your own followers.

5.Videos
Videos are amazing and many people love videos! If given a chance to read a 1000-word long post and watching a 4-minute video explaining everything that you mentioned in the post, people will most likely choose to go with the video.

YouTube and Vimeo get massive traffic and the chances are high that your videos will also receive amazing views and in return send traffic to your blog.

I would really love to know your views about the post and also your experiences and results. Happy Blogging!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 2:22am On Jan 13, 2017
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 13, 2017
Nice. Number four especially

THE HEAT OF VIRGINITY – A STORY BY ADEOLU [EPISODE 1]

http://scholarzine.com.ng/the-heat-of-virginity-a-story-by-adeolu-episode-1/
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by Error111: 5:31am On Jan 13, 2017
Thanks a lot

I'll apply that on my blog
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by astereex(m): 6:48am On Jan 13, 2017
Thank u
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by babatee126(m): 6:49am On Jan 13, 2017
Nice one. I will try that list one.
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by Ugomba(m): 6:49am On Jan 13, 2017
6) WRITE A HATE TOPIC AGAINST IGBOS

7) POST A FAKE INTERVIEW ABOUT TRUMP ENDORSING BIAFRA.
THATS ALL. do it and watch heavy traffic on ur blog.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by ThatIgboBoy: 6:50am On Jan 13, 2017
Tonto Dike gists too

That one na sure banker
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by Jh0wsef(m): 6:50am On Jan 13, 2017
undecidedKonji post.
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by KahlDrogo(m): 6:50am On Jan 13, 2017
6. Yorubas vs Igbo posts.

7. Christians vs Muslims post.

8. Buhari vs Jonathan post.

Learn from nairaland.
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 13, 2017
see gp boosting
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by Benjom(m): 6:55am On Jan 13, 2017
Great as usual. Readers really love "How to..." articles.

1 Like

Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by babatee126(m): 6:56am On Jan 13, 2017
Pls, how can i get atleast, 2000 page views per day on my blog?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by Orikinla1: 6:56am On Jan 13, 2017
The most popular posts are topics on romance and sex.

The most popular most on my blog TALK OF THE TOWN By Orikinla is The Rape of A Woman in An Uncompleted Building in Nigeria with more than 187, 000 page views.
http://totnaija..com.ng/2012/10/the-rape-of-woman-in-uncompleted.html?m=1

One of the most popular posts on Nairaland is my post on Can Your Man Kiss Your Feet?
It has more than 300, 000 views. But the Admin only displayed 50% of the page views for funny reasons. grin
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by Bigajeff(m): 6:57am On Jan 13, 2017
be the first to break a viral news
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by henrylowe(m): 7:00am On Jan 13, 2017
That's very nice.. Good write up
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by GreatManBee: 7:01am On Jan 13, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
"Traffic". The very word that defines whether your blog will be successful or be an inconsequential failure. I officially started blogging at 17, and I must say that the first year was really tough especially in the terms of traffic.

At first I normally got about 8,000 views monthly, I felt satisfied but I decided to move out of my comfort zone and push myself so hard to get extra traffic and build a strong reputation.

I can easily relate to the feeling when you post and you don't get enough views and you feel like you're not doing enough. I've made a post previously on how bloggers can get extra traffic on their blogs but this time I'll be highlighting the types of content that'll get your posts a very good traffic boost.

Basically, if you are trying to increase your traffic, it all depends on the content you are publishing on your blog. If you don’t have good articles as your foundation, then building high-quality backlinks and getting high traffic won’t last for long.

But if you have very educative and informative articles published on your blog, you will certainly get high traffic for a long, long time without putting in so much effort.

These types of content will relatively help you increase the traffic of any site or blog, provided that you make the best posts .

1. List Posts

This type of content attracts lots of visitors each month. These kind of posts can be of any type – Top facts , Recommended Ways , etc. but if the topic is quite interesting, you should see an increase in your traffic in a few days. List posts always get shared a lot on social media sites and are linked back a lot so you will get social and referral traffic as well as a lot of backlinks.

2. Resource Posts

Resource posts bring traffic and backlinks from different sources.

When publishing resource posts keep in mind that any site or product you mention in the post should be working. It would be better if you personally check all those products and sites and see if they are working before adding to the post.

Though it will surely take some extra time but it will be definitely worth it when people appreciate your efforts.

3. Tutorials and How-to Guides

Tutorials and how-to posts can increase your traffic considerably.
You have to search for problems that a lot of people are facing and put yourself in that situation and apply some solutions to solve the problem. When you are writing a post on “ how to take backup of your blog ”, you have to actually take a backup and show it to your readers using images and screenshots.

If your readers are facing any problems then you will be able to solve them immediately because you too have performed the same thing and you know which problems will come up and which ones won’t.

So if you are good at solving problems, then writing tutorials on your blog will attract a lot of visitors.

4. Interviews & Stories

Another way to increase traffic to your blog currently is by conducting interviews of experts.
I've done quite a number of interviews on my blog and it gets a lot of views.

The reason for this is simple – I get new visitors . But when you choose a topic , like say link building tactics , and you bring in 50-60 top SEO experts to share their views on it and their personal link building strategies then you will see a huge surge in traffic, social shares and an increase in your own followers.

5.Videos
Videos are amazing and many people love videos! If given a chance to read a 1000-word long post and watching a 4-minute video explaining everything that you mentioned in the post, people will most likely choose to go with the video.

YouTube and Vimeo get massive traffic and the chances are high that your videos will also receive amazing views and in return send traffic to your blog.

I would really love to know your views about the post and also your experiences and results. Happy Blogging!

Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by BigAli1(m): 7:12am On Jan 13, 2017
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 13, 2017
Nice one, visit my blog here: www.talkeverytime..com

1 Like

Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by ItzHoludex(m): 7:32am On Jan 13, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by Orikinla1: 7:38am On Jan 13, 2017
talkavenue:
Nice one, visit my blog here: www.talkeverytime..com
Good topics.
I just shared your topic on @247nigeria
3 Reasons Some Teenagers can't stop having sexual intercourse | Talk Everytime
http://talkeverytime..com.ng/2017/01/3-reasons-teenagers-cant-stop-having_13.html?m=1
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by itsmaleekbaby(m): 7:44am On Jan 13, 2017
NICE one bro. I've been following your post for some time now and i really wanna learn more from you. That made me send you a mail but never get a reply from you.
you can chack my blog and let me know your veiws.
https://leeqtech./
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by DEWKID(m): 7:52am On Jan 13, 2017
babatee126:
Pls, how can i get atleast, 2000 page views per day on my blog?

my traffick is increasing everyday i was suprised yesterday my visitor reached 1998, which is the highest a day can coincidently my date of birth cheesy just 2 count to make it 2000

1 Like

Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by sakalisis(m): 8:07am On Jan 13, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by ifeanyija(m): 8:07am On Jan 13, 2017
MMM post
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by PyroDavid: 8:22am On Jan 13, 2017
Hello
Am a blogger and I just got started,so I need some help on how I'll be running my blog
You can explain to me better by messaging me on my WhatsApp 09093255492
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by leo1234(m): 8:27am On Jan 13, 2017
[quote author=talkavenue post=52763163]Nice one, visit my blog here: www.talkeverytime..com[/quotep]

Please which theme are you using on your blog?
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by leo1234(m): 8:30am On Jan 13, 2017
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by Xzbit91: 8:51am On Jan 13, 2017
Microflux:
Nice. Number four especially

THE HEAT OF VIRGINITY – A STORY BY ADEOLU [EPISODE 1]

http://scholarzine.com.ng/the-heat-of-virginity-a-story-by-adeolu-episode-1/

All these nairaland stories wey the authors no dey ever complete undecided
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by Oluwolex2000(m): 8:51am On Jan 13, 2017
Meanwhile visit [url]..com[/url]

Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by tammie24: 9:01am On Jan 13, 2017
MMM Hands down!
Re: 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:26am On Jan 13, 2017
itsmaleekbaby:
NICE one bro. I've been following your post for some time now and i really wanna learn more from you. That made me send you a mail but never get a reply from you.
you can chack my blog and let me know your veiws.
https://leeqtech./
The site is almost empty. You really need to do some work. Also get a domain name.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PIA VPN Password And Username For Free / Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) / Facebook Flaw Lets You View Someone's Private Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.