Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Fallacies And Contradictions In The Bible (part 1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fallacies And Contradictions In The Bible (part 1) (1945 Views)

The Lies Of The Bible Part 1(christianity Is A Fraud) / Who Is Olumba Olumba Obu According To The Holy Bible? Part One / Fallacies And Contradictions In The Bible (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Fallacies And Contradictions In The Bible (part 1) by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 11, 2009
If truly the Bible is inspired by God, It should be perfect without any mistake or contradictions, since God who revealed it is perfect.
Is the Bible, the so called book of God perfect without any contradiction?
Examine the following:

1. (a) Genesis 6:3-Man shall not live for more than 120 years.
(b) Genesis 9:29-Noah lived for 950 years.

2. (a) 1st Timothy 5:23-Paul said, drink no longer water but use a little wine.
(b) Romans 14:21-Paul said, it is not good to drink wine

3. (a)Genesis 17:12-14 -Circumcision is an everlasting covenant.
(b)Galatians 5:2-3 -If you circumsize, Christ shall not profit you.

4. (a)Luke 23:26- Simeon carried the cross of Jesus to Golgotta.
(b)John 19:17- Jesus himself carried his cross to Golgotta.

5. (a)John 14:27- Jesus brought and left peace.
(b)Matt 10:34-37 -Jesus did not come to bring peace.

These are very few amongst the contradictions and fallacies in the Bible.
Shine your eye oooo.
Re: Fallacies And Contradictions In The Bible (part 1) by Abuzola(m): 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2009
Very good, this is what we call contradiction, saying a thing and then retract it
Re: Fallacies And Contradictions In The Bible (part 1) by Horus(m): 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2009
God be seen?
EXO 24:9,10; AMO 9:1; GEN 26:2; and JOH 14:9
God CAN be seen:
"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (EXO 33:23)
"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (EXO 33:11)
"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (GEN 32:30)

God CANNOT be seen:
"No man hath seen God at any time." (JOH 1:18)
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." (EXO 33:20)
"Whom no man hath seen nor can see." (1TIM 6:16)
Re: Fallacies And Contradictions In The Bible (part 1) by Nezan(m): 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2009
1. (a) Genesis 6:3-Man shall not live for more than 120 years.
(b) Genesis 9:29-Noah lived for 950 years.
You fail to understand the basic issues of translation from ancient Hebrew. The Hebrew scholars and translators have a dilemma here. First, they have to produce a translation from the Hebrew text into coherent English. Since the Hebrew of the Old Testament was a dead language and understood only by a few even before Christ was born, several words can only be partially understood now (unless you know all about it). The critical word in this passage, "saneh," is only partially known. In later Hebrew, it unquestionably meant "year," but its precise meaning 500-1000 years earlier had long since been lost.
Meanwhile, the translator must give us the best he has, in coherent English. Accordingly, the translation you read which speaks like this about the "years" of people's lives, is deficient, in the sense that the original language is only partially unknown. "Year" is the only sense the translators knew for "saneh," so it was used. In conclusion, the translation of the Bible which you read is self-contradictory if it reads as above without a footnote describing the inaccuracy and unreliability of this translation. Yet the Bible itself, which is distinct from your translation, is by no means self-contradictory on this matter.
(a) 1st Timothy 5:23-Paul said, drink no longer water but use a little wine.
(b) Romans 14:21-Paul said, it is not good to drink wine
You failed to quote the whole verse of ITimothy 5:23. Here, because of the nature of Timothy’s illness, Paul is urging him to take a little wine. He was just pointing to him, the therapeutic properties of alcohol, just like some drugs today make use of it. Don’t you take drugs that have some measure of alcohol?

(a)Genesis 17:12-14 -Circumcision is an everlasting covenant.
(b)Galatians 5:2-3 -If you circumsize, Christ shall not profit you.
This is not a contradiction. The first verse you quote was from the old testament, while the second was from the new testament. Before the coming of Christ (i.e. old testament), salvation was based on works, of which circumcision was one, sacrificing of animal blood, e.t.c., but with the shedding of Jesus’ holy blood on the cross (i.e. the new testament), salvation is not based on works again, but by belief on the Lord, Jesus Christ.

(a)Luke 23:26- Simeon carried the cross of Jesus to Golgotta.
(b)John 19:17- Jesus himself carried his cross to Golgotta.
You are so much deluded that you fail to grasp basics. Jesus carried the cross, but when He was tired and could not move, Simeon was forced to help Jesus carry the cross.
(a)John 14:27- Jesus brought and left peace.
(b)Matt 10:34-37 -Jesus did not come to bring peace.
Jesus brought peace, but He was killed by the Jews, His followers were unjustly killed, so the peace He brought was turned into hatred. So what is the contradiction there?
Re: Fallacies And Contradictions In The Bible (part 1) by AKO1(m): 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2009

(1)

Muhammad Would Never Approve Of violation / Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? / Masturbating Men ‘will Find Their Hands Pregnant In The Afterlife’-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.