Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? (1944 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian Wife To Say Things Like These During Sex? / The Rich Man And Lazarus / How Many Sons Did Abraham Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by LogicMind: 11:50pm On May 04, 2012
Abraham did it and god was ok with it.

Yes The great abraham, ancestor of jesus christ, pimpped his wife to pharaoh in exchange for food.
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by buzugee(m): 11:57pm On May 04, 2012
Logic Mind: Abraham did it and god was ok with it.

Yes The great abraham, ancestor of jesus christ, pimpped his wife to pharaoh in exchange for food.
now you are just making stuff up
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by Nobody: 12:00am On May 05, 2012
And you wonder why JeSoul banned you? angry

JeSoul:
Stop deliberately misrepresenting the facts

https://www.nairaland.com/930274/moderator-bans-stating-what-bible

Where did you get the above story from?
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by LogicMind: 12:21am On May 05, 2012
buzugee: now you are just making stuff up

Genesis 12:10-20

Abram in Egypt

10 Now there was a famine in the land, and Abram went down to Egypt to live there for a while because the famine was severe. 11 As he was about to enter Egypt, he said to his wife Sarai, “I know what a beautiful woman you are. 12 When the Egyptians see you, they will say, ‘This is his wife.’ Then they will kill me but will let you live. 13 Say you are my sister, so that I will be treated well for your sake and my life will be spared because of you.”

14 When Abram came to Egypt, the Egyptians saw that Sarai was a very beautiful woman. 15 And when Pharaoh’s officials saw her, they praised her to Pharaoh, and she was taken into his palace. 16 He treated Abram well for her sake, and Abram acquired sheep and cattle, male and female donkeys, male and female servants, and camels.

17 But the Lord inflicted serious diseases on Pharaoh and his household because of Abram’s wife Sarai. 18 So Pharaoh summoned Abram. “What have you done to me?” he said. “Why didn’t you tell me she was your wife? 19 Why did you say, ‘She is my sister,’ so that I took her to be my wife? Now then, here is your wife. Take her and go!” 20 Then Pharaoh gave orders about Abram to his men, and they sent him on his way, with his wife and everything he had.
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by LogicMind: 12:26am On May 05, 2012
musKeeto: And you wonder why JeSoul banned you? angry

https://www.nairaland.com/930274/moderator-bans-stating-what-bible

Where did you get the above story from?

sorry, I thought many people knew the story but seeing the level of biblical knowledge of so called christians, I wouldn't be surprised if i get another ban for pointing this out.
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by Nobody: 12:28am On May 05, 2012
So if this was an English class, and you were asked to make a summary of what you just posted, you'd give it this title? Just saying...
ANd you atheists expect theists and Christians to believe that being an atheist is synonymous with improved IQ.... lmao

I leave you to your folly, have fun...
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by LogicMind: 12:31am On May 05, 2012
musKeeto: So if this was an English class, and you were asked to make a summary of what you just posted, you'd give it this title? Just saying...
ANd you atheists expect theists and Christians to believe that being an atheist is synonymous with improved IQ.... lmao

I leave you to your folly, have fun...

nairaland censorsored my original title.

how would you summarise it?
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by LogicMind: 12:37am On May 05, 2012
He was hungry and traveled with his wife to egypt in search of food. good.
what happenned next was exactly the behaviour of a pimmp.
Pimmps don't tell your their ashawos are their wives but rather their "cousins"
When pharaoh took his "sister", what did the man of god do?, he collected and enjoyed "sheep and cattle, male and female donkeys, male and female servants, and camels". P.I.M.P.
Would you have allowed that if it was your wife?
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by buzugee(m): 1:00am On May 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

Genesis 12:10-20

Abram in Egypt

10 Now there was a famine in the land, and Abram went down to Egypt to live there for a while because the famine was severe. 11 As he was about to enter Egypt, he said to his wife Sarai, “I know what a beautiful woman you are. 12 When the Egyptians see you, they will say, ‘This is his wife.’ Then they will kill me but will let you live. 13 Say you are my sister, so that I will be treated well for your sake and my life will be spared because of you.”

14 When Abram came to Egypt, the Egyptians saw that Sarai was a very beautiful woman. 15 And when Pharaoh’s officials saw her, they praised her to Pharaoh, and she was taken into his palace. 16 He treated Abram well for her sake, and Abram acquired sheep and cattle, male and female donkeys, male and female servants, and camels.

17 But the Lord inflicted serious diseases on Pharaoh and his household because of Abram’s wife Sarai. 18 So Pharaoh summoned Abram. “What have you done to me?” he said. “Why didn’t you tell me she was your wife? 19 Why did you say, ‘She is my sister,’ so that I took her to be my wife? Now then, here is your wife. Take her and go!” 20 Then Pharaoh gave orders about Abram to his men, and they sent him on his way, with his wife and everything he had.
DOESNT SOUND LIKE PIMPING TO ME. MORE LIKE, SELF PRESERVATION. and it is all pre-ordained. mans goings are of the lord. proverbs 20 vs 24. so the lord made him say that because he knew pharoah was someone who forcibly takes all beautiful women. so the lord made him say what he said so that pharoah, true to form will try to take his woman without harming him. and when pharoah took his woman, he punished pharoah severely for it. its all a means to an end.
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by LogicMind: 1:17am On May 05, 2012
buzugee: DOESNT SOUND LIKE PIMPING TO ME. MORE LIKE, SELF PRESERVATION. and it is all pre-ordained. mans goings are of the lord. proverbs 20 vs 24. so the lord made him say that because he knew pharoah was someone who forcibly takes all beautiful women. so the lord made him say what he said so that pharoah, true to form will try to take his woman without harming him. and when pharoah took his woman, he punished pharoah severely for it. its all a means to an end.

So a man that gets sheep and cattle, male and female donkeys, male and female servants, and camels while his wife is being fccked daily by the person giving all these is self preservation to you?

so god punished pharaoh, for what exactly? and blessed the pimpp? Which kind god be this? Let me not derail my own thread.
The real question is if you are hungry, would you do what abraham did?
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by buzugee(m): 1:38am On May 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

So a man that gets sheep and cattle, male and female donkeys, male and female servants, and camels while his wife is being fccked daily by the person giving all these is self preservation to you?

so god punished pharaoh, for what exactly? and blessed the pimpp? Which kind god be this? Let me not derail my own thread.
The real question is if you are hungry, would you do what abraham did?
hey it is what it is. a man has got to eat. whats your point anyway ? you do know that abraham is just a man right ? he is not the lord. he is a mortal with weaknesses. moses was a murderer when called by the lord. paul was an evil vile man who persecuted people before he got the call-up. solomon was a man with a huge sex appetite, king david killed some dude to get to his wife. etc etc. the point here is the lord only works with the most vilest, most wretched, most crazy, most insane people. how else will he show his power ? God working through a very quiet shy easily liked wonderful sweet person or God working through a crazed maniac like say lil jon, which do you think will get people stupefied to the extent that they will want to change ? i forget that verse in the bible now or i would have pulled it out for you. he looks for the most wretched and vilest people to work through so that he can show his power through them
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by LogicMind: 2:03am On May 05, 2012
buzugee: hey it is what it is. a man has got to eat. whats your point anyway ? you do know that abraham is just a man right ? he is not the lord. he is a mortal with weaknesses. moses was a murderer when called by the lord. paul was an evil vile man who persecuted people before he got the call-up. solomon was a man with a huge sex appetite, king david killed some dude to get to his wife. etc etc. the point here is the lord only works with the most vilest, most wretched, most crazy, most insane people. how else will he show his power ? God working through a very quiet shy easily liked wonderful sweet person or God working through a crazed maniac like say lil jon, which do you think will get people stupefied to the extent that they will want to change ? i forget that verse in the bible now or i would have pulled it out for you. he looks for the most wretched and vilest people to work through so that he can show his power through them

buzugee, all i can say is that you are not doing xtians any favours with your responses.
so abraham was crazy?! that's a new one. lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by Nobody: 3:10am On May 05, 2012
Was Sarah 4ked from the story? You really are a waste of time...
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by LogicMind: 4:09am On May 05, 2012
musKeeto: Was Sarah 4ked from the story? You really are a waste of time...

yes she was.

he said. “Why didn’t you tell me she was your wife? 19 Why did you say, ‘She is my sister,’ so that I took her to be my wife?
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by buzugee(m): 5:22am On May 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

buzugee, all i can say is that you are not doing xtians any favours with your responses.
so abraham was crazy?! that's a new one. lol grin grin grin grin grin
you are looking at this from a carnal mind which is why you cant see the magnitude of using a degraded person to carry out the lords work. man wants to work with the best but the lord wants to work with the worst. mans ways and Gods ways are different. so lets just leave it at that. i can see you trying to come at me with some more of your atheist inclined responses and then we will start this atheist vs theist dance that can go on and on and is really just a battle of wits as opposed to a battle of substance so i am just going to leave it at that wink
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by LogicMind: 11:01am On May 05, 2012
buzugee: you are looking at this from a carnal mind which is why you cant see the magnitude of using a degraded person to carry out the lords work. man wants to work with the best but the lord wants to work with the worst. mans ways and Gods ways are different. so lets just leave it at that. i can see you trying to come at me with some more of your atheist inclined responses and then we will start this atheist vs theist dance that can go on and on and is really just a battle of wits as opposed to a battle of substance so i am just going to leave it at that wink
no no no.
I am not challenging that he is crazy. i always knew there was something wrong with biblical characters. it is the xtians that ellevate these people. when they pray they say "god of abraham, isaac and jacob" without realising what these men actually did in their lives. I am amused by your belief, but the christians are terrified of you because you accept god as he is described in the bible: wicked, causing evil, working with deranged people, hardening peoples mind in order to punish them, etc. I know that if the lord asked you to pimpp your wife, you would. But would the christians?
Re: Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? by buzugee(m): 3:43pm On May 05, 2012
Logic Mind:
no no no.
I am not challenging that he is crazy. i always knew there was something wrong with biblical characters. it is the xtians that ellevate these people. when they pray they say "god of abraham, isaac and jacob" without realising what these men actually did in their lives. I am amused by your belief, but the christians are terrified of you because you accept god as he is described in the bible: wicked, causing evil, working with deranged people, hardening peoples mind in order to punish them, etc. I know that if the lord asked you to pimpp your wife, you would. But would the christians?
you know for a person to get into this truth you have to be malleable and ductile. Lord says you have to come to me like a baby. meaning you have to come with an empty slate. any pre-conceived ideas have to be ditched and then you start to learn anew like a new born baby. some people have this ability. some people have too much pride and doggedly hold steadfastly to what dogma and doctrine they learnt from youth. fortunately for me, i was the former. i am ALWAYS ready to recieve new information, or at least entertain new information extensively before i discard or accept it. i was one of these people with the old tired doctrine of the lord and christ being this loving sweet turn the other cheek, he loves everyone, heaven is in the sky and hell is a place you burn forever, blah blah blah doctrine. but i wouldnt lie to you, the whole thing just did not seem realistic to me. it just seemed like some kind of impossible fairytale. i saw it all as some kind of joke but the fear of actually burning in hell forever is the only thing that forced my attention to it, and even then it only forced my attention to it to the point where i tried to read the bible and only managed to drag myself to read it like once a year grin true story. especially the book of revelation. reading about dragons etc etc LOL. and then the image of what is happening in the world did not mirror the biblical description of a loving God who is always forgiving etc etc. just look at the world ? wars, people dying, starvation, famine, slavery, colonialism, police brutality etc etc. does this sound like a world where a loving God is in control of ?

well i was open minded enough to actually run into some brothers who encouraged me to read THE WHOLE BIBLE with special emphasis on THE OLD TESTAMENT. and when i did it coupled with their guidance, everything in the world started making sense. i saw the order in the chaos. the method to the madness. and the modus operandi of the lord ( as described in the bible ). the lord is loving but he is not averse to delivering a HUGEEEEE CAN OF BUTT WHOOPINGS to anyone. he delivers the butt whoopings by bringing you tribulations, famine, pestilence, hunger etc etc anything you can think of. found out satan is under his authority. etc etc etc etc. its good to get a realistic picture of the bible because only then will you actually realistically love reading it, will you realistically love the lord, realistically love the journey and realistically love the whole experience. when you can break down the whole bible. it is a wonderful experience. it makes for an exciting relationship with God and the world. now you cant tear me away from the bible and the apocrypha. the realness of it as opposed to the fantasy fairytale of the church doctrine i was brought up with. lots of prophesys are coming true and have come true. its a living book. wink

the point here is if people look at the world as it is and they still believe in their old rehashed church doctrine, then they are either blind crazy or stupid.

ON A SIDE NOTE - the lord did not ask him to love-vendor his wife. like i said, its an act of self preservation and the lord worked the situation out in his favor. his act of self preservation is Gods act of trying to punish pharoah. God used him without him knowing it. dont think he specifically told him GO love-vendor YOUR WIFE TO PHAROAH.

(1) (Reply)

Man Finds 'jesus' In His Laundry (PHOTO) / What Do Christians Think Of Rihanna's New Video "Pour It Up"? / Anti-gay Archbishop Under Investigation For Sexual Misconduct With Other Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.