Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election (21056 Views)

Four Corpers Kidnapped On Their Way To Camp, Rescued In Rivers / Burial Of Corper Who Drowned In A River In Rivers State (Photos) / Corpers Robbed And Raped In Rivers State By Suspected Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by ovyekuju(m): 10:50am On Dec 06, 2016
Corp members are avoiding to participate in the legislative rerun election scheduled for Saturday in Rivers State.

Investigation revealed that corps members who are being contacted to serve as ad hoc staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission are refusing to participate in the election because of fear of possible violence during the election.

A source who confided in our correspondent said that the corps members were not showing the usual enthusiasm to participate in the election because of the accusations and counter-accusation between the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike , and INEC.

The source said, “Corps members being contacted by INEC to participate in the Rivers rerun election are showing reluctance to serve in the election.

“A good number of them are afraid that there could be violence during the election, and these are young men and women who don’t want to get killed because of some election.”

When our correspondent contacted the Chief Press Secretary to the Chairman of INEC, Mr. Rotimi Oyekanmi, he said that it was only the Resident Electoral Commissioner in Rivers that could comment on that.

Reacting, the state REC, Mr. Aniedi Ikoiwak, said the job of corps members was voluntary, adding that those who did not want to work with INEC on election day were free to opt out.

Ikoiwak argued that some of the corps members’ parents might have told them not to take part in the rerun election, adding that such a situation would not affect the exercise on Saturday.

The state REC, however, pointed out that INEC would get more ad hoc workers from other government’s agencies if there was shortage in the number of corps members needed for the job on Saturday.

“From the beginning, the NYSC work is on a voluntary basis. We know that some of them might have been told by their parents not to be part of it (election).

“But if we have problem of shortage of manpower, we will complete them with workers from other government’s agencies and institutions,” he stressed.

Oyekanmi also agreed that most parents would be inclined to discourage their children from participating in the election because of what he described as the inflammatory comments by the Rivers State Government that plans had been perfected to rig the election.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/corpers-refuse-participation-rivers-rerun-election/amp/

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Mynd44: 10:52am On Dec 06, 2016
Smart decision.

Just because a bunch of politicians want to be unfortunate does not mean they should put their lives on the line

78 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Davash222(m): 10:56am On Dec 06, 2016
You are truly blessed if you served during election period in Nigeria.. That year. Good old Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:00am On Dec 06, 2016
grin Any use less thing that wants to rig our election shall be rigged to hell cool

Thank you WIKE for sending the message to them grin

17 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by babyfaceafrica: 11:05am On Dec 06, 2016
Yimu...if you don't do it,other people will do it and it will still be rigged...although I know some ccorpers will do it...all for the money
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by dingbang(m): 11:06am On Dec 06, 2016
A welcome development. Corp members shouldn't be used as a tool for electoral malpractices and should not be exposed to electoral violence!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 06, 2016
Who wan die??...not just dying, die for politicians. God forbid

3 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Atiku2019: 12:22pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mynd44:
Smart decision.

Just because a bunch of politicians want to be unfortunate does not mean they should put their lives on the line

Exactly cool

8 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by goldenceo1: 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ones bitten twice shy..

The thought of me standing b4 an Election as Electorate or INEC staff can kill my Mother even b4 violent erupt...

9ja politicians ain't worth the risk... Thank God say Corpers done dey wise up.. Wike n Amaechi can't stop spilling corpers blood all in the name of Election

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mynd44:
Smart decision.

Talk to Amaechi to stop the violence and if he refuses just ban him for life

24 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
Buhari utterances sent some corpers to the great beyond and today he wants to experience peace cry

Not possible

16 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by cephaswizzy(m): 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
hmmm
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
NYSC withhold their certificates
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
Those corps members should better think twice. Its like they didn't read some of the forms they signed during NYSC clearance. You have given your life to serve the nation. You can't break that promise. You can be prosecuted.

Next time, you'll appreciate the plight of our military men and women who go through hell defending the nation.

Youths obey the clarion call
Let us lift our nation high
UNDER THE SUN OR IN THE RAIN
WITH DEDICATION AND SELFLESSNESS
Nigeria's Ours
NIGERIA WE SERVE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Jokerman(m): 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2016
Martins301:
Those corps members should better think twice. Its like they didn't read some of the forms they signed during NYSC clearance. You have given your life to serve the nation. You can't break that promise. You can be prosecuted.

Next time, you'll appreciate the plight of our military men and women who go through hell defending the nation.

Nigeria's Ours
NIGERIA WE SERVE
Wat clarion call??

34 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mynd44:
Smart decision.

Is it that you have two mouths or you don't know the meaning of double standards? If YOUTH CORPS MEMBERS cannot participate in an election because they value their lives or because they are afraid, is it the voters that should then bother going to the polls to cast their votes?

Or maybe they should kukuma bring touts to man the polling centres. Or elections should just be scrapped because it is violent.

I expect you to be calling for more security for everyone, especially INEC personnel's, during the election, not jubilating that those who are expected to be leaders of tomorrow are planning to boycott their duties because they are scared.

#KissTheTruth abeg

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
Jokerman:

Wat clarion call??

Those who know the anthem and who still have honor in them know the meaning of those words

4 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Jokerman(m): 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2016
Martins301:

Those who know the anthem and who still have honor in them know the meaning of those words

Those words have no meaning in Nigeria.. its a fraud

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by kingsman66(m): 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2016
I hate hearing such news from Nigerian corpers what did they mean by declining the order of the land.................... .
I plague to Nigerian my country to be faithful and loyal to serve Nigerian with my heart and defend her unity so help me lord
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by bennyann: 2:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
I'm so short of words. The youths aren't encouraged at all in this country. Wasn't it last year that a Corps member died during the election which made wike promised heaven and earth and still he hasn't fulfilled his promise?

The recent Corps members are aware of all these and yet some want to blame them for refusing to participate.

Has anyone seen the government raising the corpers who died during the last election? Can any of those speaking bad about the Corps members represent the dead ones in the lives of their parents?

If your answer is no then you have no right to speak ill of Corps members in Rivers state because you do not know what they go through.

Being surrounded by militants during elections with gun shots all around you, not to talk of those that carry ballot boxes by water and you'll see militants threatening with gun shots in their various speed boats.

You have no idea what Rivers state Corps members go through.

INEC officials can't be trusted, government representatives can't be trusted. Even our senators, governors, ministers and Almighty darling PMB can't be trusted and you're asking the Corps members to put their trust in such people?

They didn't ask to be paramilitary personnels, it was a mandatory thing they had to obey and it still is.

If the government can't provide heavy security for them, then I stand that no one has the right to force Corps members to obey any stupid clarion call. No one!

27 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
Jokerman:

Those words have no meaning in Nigeria.. its a fraud

You have no identity, belief or value. You stand for nothing and you fall for everything. Are you not the bigger fraud?
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
You die for Nigeria and you die for nothing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2016
bennyann:
I'm so short of words. The youths aren't encouraged at all in this country. Wasn't it last year that a Corps member died during the election which made wike promised heaven and earth and still he hasn't fulfilled his promise?

The recent Corps members are aware of all these and yet some want to blame them for refusing to participate.

Has anyone seen the government raising the corpers who died during the last election? Can any of those speaking bad about the Corps members represent the dead ones in the lives of their parents?

If your answer is no then you have no right to speak ill of Corps members in Rivers state because you do not know what they go through.

Being surrounded by militants during elections with gun shots all around you, not to talk of those that carry ballot boxes by water and you'll see militants threatening with gun shots in their various speed boats.

You have no idea what Rivers state Corps members go through.

INEC officials can't be trusted, government representatives can't be trusted. Even our senators, governors, ministers and Almighty darling PMB can't be trusted and you're asking the Corps members to put their trust in such people?

They didn't ask to be paramilitary personnels, it was a mandatory thing they had to obey and it still is.

If the government can't provide heavy and confiscated security for them, then I stand that no one has the right to force Corps members to obey any stupid clarion call. No one!

All these are just sentimental emotion ladden bunch of crap. Soldiers should equally abandon their duties because they lost their colleague in battle na...... Mtcheeww
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Daniel058(m): 3:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
Martins301:

Nigeria's Ours
NIGERIA WE SERVE
EITHER YOU ARE A SOLDIER, OR YOU BOUGHT A NEW PHONE, SEE HOW YOU DEY JOLI!! ....

4 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by bennyann: 3:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
Martins301:

All these are just sentimental emotion ladden bunch of crap. Soldiers should equally abandon their duties because they lost their colleague in battle na...... Mtcheeww

The willingness to serve as a soldier is not the same as a mandate to serve as a Corps member.

Do you know the difference between willingness and a mandate?

And if you're being so insensitive to the extent of suggesting a Corp member who not of his own Accord was ordered to serve, should risk his or her life because another thief wants to be voted into power then I feel sorry for you.

What a being! Soldiers my foot.

I don't have the time to exchange words with you.

Please when you're done babbling here, go to Rivers state, that is if you aren't there already and force the Corps members to go supervise the elections.

If you can't do that, please don't mention me again. I wish your children were also there obeying Rivers state clarion call.

Besides, there's a difference between dying to uphold the honor of your country and dying to supervise the election of criminals - That's foolishness and there's nothing Honourable in it.

There are so many people willing to conduct elections. The government can make use of them.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Boldlyslim(f): 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
I just ve few words to drop here
Am an ex Corper ,served in Rivers State , (Buguma, kalabari) participated in dia last house of assembly rerun election, and I bet DAT corpers in Rivers state won't want to share in my experience, cos it was nd is still bloody,deadly and dangerous for those corpers DAT still love their family .. Even after election wen we felt DAT its over , corpers in River State were receiving frequent robbery and rape cos d senseless idiots feels DAT we corpers collided with PDP . so whether u shop d election money or nt in one way someone will pay. Bewarned

5 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Boldlyslim(f): 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
bennyann:

The willingness to serve as a soldier is not the same as a mandate to serve as a Corps member.

And if you're being so insensitive to the extent of suggesting a Corp member who not of his own Accord was ordered to serve, should risk his or her life because another thief wants to be voted into power then I feel sorry for you.

Please when you're done babbling here, go to Rivers state, that is if you aren't there already and force the Corps members to go supervise the elections.

If you can't do that, please don't mention me again. I wish your children were also there obeying Rivers state clarion call.

Besides, there's a difference between dying to uphold the honor of your country and dying to supervise the election of criminals - That's foolishness and there's nothing Honourable in it.

There are so many people willing to conduct elections. The government can make use of them.
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Boldlyslim(f): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2016
Back then Wike promised security, mind you one single police some no see. I was even assigned one police officer who at the sound of militants gun shot abandoned me, pulled his uniform, locked me outside d house he ran into and OYO became my case.. Ohhhhh how I wish laziness will permit me to type all... Wike even promise to console us by paying our state allawee BT till now all we see is zero truth 100% lies.
U can risk ur life if u want BT don't say he I wish at d end.....hmmmmmmmmm

7 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by iluvdonjazzy: 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2016
WIKE u see your handiwork
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
bennyann:

You are obviously a nitwit with no value or honor. As violent as my community was during the elections, I participated as an adhoc staff of INEC knowing that I agreed to serve my nation when I accepted my call up letter.

You talk anyhow because you have mistaken the pores in your skin as mouths through which you can spill all manner of hypocritical statements.

FYI you can decide not to go for NYSC and the government won't kill you for it. The western world you so admire, e.g the USA, have a similar system where they draft young men just leaving high school to serve in the war front.

Their democracy you so admire wasn't served on a platter of gold. Souls with flesh and bones sacrificed their lives for it.

Some of you are just plain stupid in reasoning.
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Jokerman(m): 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2016
Martins301:

You have no identity, belief or value. You stand for nothing and you fall for everything. Are you not the bigger fraud?
lol
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Jokerman(m): 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
Martins301:

You are obviously a nitwit with no value or honor. As violent as my community was during the elections, I participated as an adhoc staff of INEC knowing that I agreed to serve my nation when I accepted my call up letter.

You talk anyhow because you have mistaken the pores in your skin as mouths through which you can spill all manner of hypocritical statements.

FYI you can decide not to go for NYSC and the government won't kill you for it. The western world you so admire, e.g the USA, have a similar system where they draft young men just leaving high school to serve in the war front.

Their democracy you so admire wasn't served on a platter of gold. Souls with flesh and bones sacrificed their lives for it.

Some of you are just plain stupid in reasoning.

Next time, go and be an adhoc staff in Borno

19 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today is 2016 Batch B Stream 1 Passing Out Parade. October Allowance 2017 Delayd / Nysc Fingerprint Issue / Corpers To Get N200k After Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.