Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election (21060 Views)

Four Corpers Kidnapped On Their Way To Camp, Rescued In Rivers / Burial Of Corper Who Drowned In A River In Rivers State (Photos) / Corpers Robbed And Raped In Rivers State By Suspected Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
cheesy grin grin grin gringrin

I wonder why?
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Mrstakeit: 5:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
Yes na
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Missmossy(f): 5:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
No one wants to die. Life is precious grin grin
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by kcowen(m): 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
bennyann:
I'm so short of words. The youths aren't encouraged at all in this country. Wasn't it last year that a Corps member died during the election which made wike promised heaven and earth and still he hasn't fulfilled his promise?

The recent Corps members are aware of all these and yet some want to blame them for refusing to participate.

Has anyone seen the government raising the corpers who died during the last election? Can any of those speaking bad about the Corps members represent the dead ones in the lives of their parents?

If your answer is no then you have no right to speak ill of Corps members in Rivers state because you do not know what they go through.

Being surrounded by militants during elections with gun shots all around you, not to talk of those that carry ballot boxes by water and you'll see militants threatening with gun shots in their various speed boats.

You have no idea what Rivers state Corps members go through.

INEC officials can't be trusted, government representatives can't be trusted. Even our senators, governors, ministers and Almighty darling PMB can't be trusted and you're asking the Corps members to put their trust in such people?

They didn't ask to be paramilitary personnels, it was a mandatory thing they had to obey and it still is.

If the government can't provide heavy security for them, then I stand that no one has the right to force Corps members to obey any stupid clarion call. No one!
WORD
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by yedidiah(m): 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
Good move by the Corp members. Ontop how much do you want to risk your life? Amaechi and his killing machine Mr Flag amachree with all his thugs will be shocked what will hit them this weekend
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Praktikals(m): 5:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
kingsman66:

I plague to Nigerian my country to be faithful and loyal to serve Nigerian with my heart and defend her unity so help me lord
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Orikinla(m): 5:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
Let the bloody politicians send their sons and daughters to INEC.
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Omeokachie: 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Does Buhari not have daughters who can serve as adhoc staff during this election in Rivers state?

Are they only good for attending state functions in New York?

2 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by buoye1(m): 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
Waste my life because of a fuckivg potbelly politician!

Kole werk sad

1 Like

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Positiveminds(m): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
It is an honour to serve and die for one's father's land. You people should go there for the bye election oo. It's for better for worse.
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Harinholar(f): 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
clarion call or no clarion call

Rivers state corp members pls be careful......

Your decision is ur decision u can't be forced to participate

I participated in Kogi state election back den believe me it was hell.....(not to talk of Rivers state)

The only penalty of not participating is the money involved....(The choice is urs)

Remember papa and mama dey wait for ur return..

Be wise in ur decision......
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Rett0: 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
Corpers are too young to die.
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Harinholar(f): 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
Omeokachie:
Does Buhari not have daughters who can serve as adhoc staff during this election in Rivers state?

.....I wonder ooooo
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by folasayolyn(f): 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2016
after struggling to survive they want them to commit suicide so these polilooters can enriched themselves

kolewerk
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by juman(m): 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
Good idea.
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by venom13(m): 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
Na who wan die? Rivers state is as rugged as Somalia u never can tell when bullets come flying
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Ajixegun: 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
Martins301:
Those corps members should better think twice. Its like they didn't read some of the forms they signed during NYSC clearance. You have given your life to serve the nation. You can't break that promise. You can be prosecuted.

Next time, you'll appreciate the plight of our military men and women who go through hell defending the nation.

Youths obey the clarion call
Let us lift our nation high
UNDER THE SUN OR IN THE RAIN
WITH DEDICATION AND SELFLESSNESS
Nigeria's Ours
NIGERIA WE SERVE

But there are no words like 'in the midst of bullets and cutlasses' in the anthem? They are free to reject any clarion call that goes beyond under the sun and in the rain. Their actions are justifiable.

4 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by mexzony: 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
Martins301:

You are obviously a nitwit with no value or honor. As violent as my community was during the elections, I participated as an adhoc staff of INEC knowing that I agreed to serve my nation when I accepted my call up letter.

You talk anyhow because you have mistaken the pores in your skin as mouths through which you can spill all manner of hypocritical statements.

FYI you can decide not to go for NYSC and the government won't kill you for it. The western world you so admire, e.g the USA, have a similar system where they draft young men just leaving high school to serve in the war front.

Their democracy you so admire wasn't served on a platter of gold. Souls with flesh and bones sacrificed their lives for it.

Some of you are just plain stupid in reasoning.
Who is this dude.
They should put their lives at risk for who.
Can you compare the USA and nigeria.
At least over there they are well appreciated.
Look around this country and tell me if anything is working.
You come here and insult ppl because you have a phone with a processor that can do millions of instructions per second or whatever device you used to type this shit.
Your brain that is suppose to think fast and well does not do so due to having this silicon chip that's why we having so many deluded ppl like you In this nation.

3 Likes

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by 9jatatafo(m): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
Martins301:
Those corps members should better think twice. Its like they didn't read some of the forms they signed during NYSC clearance. You have given your life to serve the nation. You can't break that promise. You can be prosecuted.

Next time, you'll appreciate the plight of our military men and women who go through hell defending the nation.

Nigeria's Ours
NIGERIA WE SERVE

Clarion call to die like chicken right?
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Comtee(f): 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
ovyekuju:

Https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/corpers-refuse-participation-rivers-rerun-election/amp/
They No Want Die
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by ogunsj: 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
Omeokachie:

stop thinking with your anus. River state re-run election does not belong to buhari family. if the people of Rivers are not ready for the election inec will do the needful, cancel it. period.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by shiimah: 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
Martins301:

Nigeria's Ours
NIGERIA WE SERVE
During my own time in Osun camp... while we were on parade ground, it began to rain.... before you know it.... no single soul was left at the parade ground, the soldiers also even our camp director. Clarion call ko, Clara call ni..... Nobody cares about Nigeria again, if its not about the money... bro, you are on your own.... shekina
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by dunkem21(m): 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2016

1 Like

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by benzems(m): 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2016
Corps see dance
dance the dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dids1L67ts
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by PresidentElect1: 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mynd44:
Smart decision.

Just because a bunch of politicians want to be unfortunate does not mean they should put their lives on the line

Well, if they are afraid, that's the best decision. In my case, I was begged by my family not to participate but I considered that that participating is the true opportunity to serve my nation. I had faith in God and when posted to a volatile spot, that faith rescued us.
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by AngelsAndStars(m): 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
Someone is busy up there talking about clarion call.
fool grin

1 Like

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Johnnyessence(m): 6:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
good one from the corpers. we can't afford to be sacrificing our life because of an election. besides non of d politician children will be there to supervise d election. it's very known fact rivers state election is always bloody. no matter d preaching d paid militant and cultist will kill and strike.we have been telling the government to scrap the scheme. it hasn't add any value to us.any corpers that will participate is at his own risk. i pray for protection for all the corpers serving oooo.
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by PresidentElect1: 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
Jokerman:

Those words have no meaning in Nigeria.. its a fraud
If you believe so, you are right; if you don't, you are right too, you are right. We see the world the way we are, not necessarily the way things are. However,love and sacrifice for one's nation is still very much alive in Nigeria. It is those who believe otherwise that makes it more difficult for those who do.
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Mcowubaba: 6:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
I served during an Election period, I didn't participate in the Election as an Adhoc staff, I went home to go and vote in my state.

And one of the corpers in my polling unit was almost lynched to death, if not for my intervention with some of my relatives.
Elections are very risky, I regret voting self, it didn't change anything, the still rigged it..

But 2019, if I'm alive (by God's grace), I most go and vote out Buhari, if I'm outside the country, I will come back to Vote out Buhari.
If I am in the hospital, I will discharge myself and go to Vote out Buhari.
Buhari is a failure.
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by jibs4lv(m): 6:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
Keneking:
NYSC withhold their certificates
and so? Is nysc cert more dan dia life...I support dem o.
Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by Joevics(m): 6:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
Keneking:
NYSC withhold their certificates

Re: Corpers Refuse Participation In Rivers Rerun Election by harmbhrosz(m): 6:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
Martins301:

You are obviously a nitwit with no value or honor. As violent as my community was during the elections, I participated as an adhoc staff of INEC knowing that I agreed to serve my nation when I accepted my call up letter.

You talk anyhow because you have mistaken the pores in your skin as mouths through which you can spill all manner of hypocritical statements.

FYI you can decide not to go for NYSC and the government won't kill you for it. The western world you so admire, e.g the USA, have a similar system where they draft young men just leaving high school to serve in the war front.

Their democracy you so admire wasn't served on a platter of gold. Souls with flesh and bones sacrificed their lives for it.

Some of you are just plain stupid in reasoning.
I knew you were gonna end it in insults which has only made you look as a toddler...

Joining the Nigerian army is optional for every Nigerian citizen(which means those interested knows what they're signing up for) but NYSC is a compulsory scheme for every Nigerian graduate and any activity that is seen as a threat to corp member's life should be avoided) so it shouldn't be a must to participate in the election...

Election was still held this last Saturday in Lagos and it was optional for us to participate(coz I wasn't interested)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today is 2016 Batch B Stream 1 Passing Out Parade. October Allowance 2017 Delayd / Nysc Fingerprint Issue / Corpers To Get N200k After Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.