Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,935 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses (22407 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia / Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by ajepako(f): 7:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
oyedun82:
Awon Ajeri Jehovah

Awa niyen oh.....proudly JW.....

2 Likes

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by ajepako(f): 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2016
ChristianFreedo:
2016 "REMAIN LOYAL TO JEHOVAH" REGIONAL CONVENTION OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES

I just returned from the 3 days’ Regional convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses, titled, “Remain Loyal to Jehovah”. It was as expected. Talks, videos, demonstrations, interviews and experiences about loyalty, loyalty to Jehovah, the organization, the faithful and discrete slave and our brothers. But I can’t really remember talks about loyalty to Jesus and his teachings, I stand corrected, but they were much talks about loyalty to the faithful and discreet slave, which is the governing body and it's teaching.

There were examples of those who were loyal in bible times and those who were not loyal. Videos were played and replayed, it lived up to my expectations. At the end, my resolved was strengthen, to be more loyal to Jehovah, Jesus, my fellow Christians and to the truth (as can be found in the bible).

It was cool...

l attended mine last week at Daluwon Assembly Hall..Mowe Ogun State..

The video about King Hezekiah and King Senacherib was apt and timely..

l enjoyed every minute of the Regional convention...

Proudly JW...

However, after all is said and done, the whole essence of the “Remain Loyal to Jehovah” convention come down to this and this alone. Be loyal/remain loyal to the organization of Jehovah’s witnesses or you are not loyal to Jehovah.

How so?

The bottom line is these, if you are a Christian and not a Jehovah’s witness, then you are not loyal to Jehovah neither are you serving him. Period!

No matter how sincere and genuine your worship to God is, no matter how morally clean and righteous you are, no matter how good you are, no matter how kind and loving you are and even if you preach daily to people about repentance toward God and faith in our lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21), no matter the Christ-like love you show and no matter how many pages of the holy scriptures you cover, no matter how morally upright you are and no matter how many prayers you offer to God and how sincere there are, as long as you are not a member of the Jehovah’s witnesses organization, you are not worshiping God and cannot be said to be loyal to Jehovah and can never survive into God’s new world. That is all, the whole essence of the convention.

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Emusan(m): 7:32pm On Dec 07, 2016
AyamConfidence:
look I'm done talking with you...we don't force y'all to use NWT with us...one thing is this God's word is unchanged regardless of the translations

See hypocrite, it's evident that you placed NWT above other thousands of translations we have today.

Then, why are you lying to have said "We believe the Bible is the same regardless of the translation" when in reality no version of the Bible is more accurate than NWT as to your believe.

Again, Yahweh is watching you....
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by ejimatic: 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2016
Religion is a very personal and sensitive matter-However' it good to avoid sentiments when reporting issues on religion-I had the privilege of attending the Regional convention of Jehovah witnesses and I listened to rich and upbuilding talks.One of the talks was on Jesus Christ with the title: /How the Jesus Christ Loyalty as the High Priest Helps Us. A video was even released in the talk with the title: For a Certainty You are the Lord and Christ Part 1and 2"They are good films on Jesus Christ-On discipline the wrongdoers, winessses are imperfect they make mistakes but unrepentant wrongdoers are disfellowshipped- The witnesses never shield wrongdoers from the government if they commit an offence against the law of the land- Besides,witnesses believe only the Bible is inspired.Thus,they review what they teach with their understanding of the Bible-They are good people practicing true Christianity without underating anybody because of their diverse brliefs-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by yoged(m): 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2016
ChristianFreedo:

I just returned from the 3 days’ Regional convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses, titled, “Remain Loyal to Jehovah”. It was as expected. Talks, videos, demonstrations, interviews and experiences about loyalty, loyalty to Jehovah, the organization, the faithful and discrete slave and our brothers. But I can’t really remember talks about loyalty to Jesus and his teachings, I stand corrected, but they were much talks about loyalty to the faithful and discreet slave, which is the governing body and it's teaching.

There were examples of those who were loyal in bible times and those who were not loyal. Videos were played and replayed, it lived up to my expectations. At the end, my resolved was strengthen, to be more loyal to Jehovah, Jesus, my fellow Christians and to the truth (as can be found in the bible).

However, after all is said and done, the whole essence of the “Remain Loyal to Jehovah” convention come down to this and this alone. Be loyal/remain loyal to the organization of Jehovah’s witnesses or you are not loyal to Jehovah.

How so?

The bottom line is these, if you are a Christian and not a Jehovah’s witness, then you are not loyal to Jehovah neither are you serving him. Period!

No matter how sincere and genuine your worship to God is, no matter how morally clean and righteous you are, no matter how good you are, no matter how kind and loving you are and even if you preach daily to people about repentance toward God and faith in our lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21), no matter the Christ-like love you show and no matter how many pages of the holy scriptures you cover, no matter how morally upright you are and no matter how many prayers you offer to God and how sincere there are, as long as you are not a member of the Jehovah’s witnesses organization, you are not worshiping God and cannot be said to be loyal to Jehovah and can never survive into God’s new world. That is all, the whole essence of the convention.

I can see you are obsess with JW. Den snatch your wife? . Don't you think the you can do better thing with your life than hating other people's religion. ?

3 Likes

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by omamush(f): 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2016
op is just being an apostate

3 Likes

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by olaolaking: 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
Emusan:

Just imaging, please how are the words being used in other translation that make it different from NWT
Who authorized the usage, standard and accuracy of those words
You can only deceive those who are alien to Biblical understanding.

Are you saying only NWT fulls this part among thousands of translation we have today Be honest to yourself here...
Please calm down since I am not here to argue who wins. I am only saying what I know. The English language of 50 years ago is not the same of today. Were you taught "thou and maketh" in modern schools?

Are the other bibles condemned? NO. But that is what you think.

Thanks
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Emusan(m): 8:13pm On Dec 07, 2016
olaolaking:
Please calm down since I am not here to argue who wins.

Neither do I

I am only saying what I know.

While I'm saying what I don't know baa

The English language of 50 years ago is not the same of today.

Now is it only NWT that is modern TRANSLATION At least we still have over hundreds of translation that are newer than NWT.

So if NWT is not the oldest neither the newest, why do you choose only NWT

Were you taught "thou and maketh" in modern schools?

And I can list more than 100 translations that don't contain the words thou, maketh, shouldest e.t.c, so what is big deal here

Are the other bibles condemned? NO. But that is what you think.

But do JWs accept them NO! This is what I think

Thanks

You're welcome!
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2016
Op, stop smoking Indian hemp, it hasn't helped anyone. You mean you spent 3 days attending convention of a group just for the sake of criticism? You don't have work? Did the group steal part of your cocaine? I think you have better thing to do with your life than undertaking a futile course.

There is freedom of religion in most countries. Let people choose what they want.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:19pm On Dec 07, 2016
AyamConfidence:
bro you know you need to return to Jehovah that us if you weren't disfellowshipped from the congregation... You're not the first shy person... And you know we have the truth so I can't imagine you listening to lies in churches of Christendom... You need to return to Jehovah ASAP
So he can't return if he was disfellowshiped?
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by M2dX(m): 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
Op,na lie you de lie o,me and my friend attend the program and it was very nice. pls stop confusing people and ask God for forgiveness. I am out..

2 Likes

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Image123(m): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
AyamConfidence:
ChristainFreedo

You're an apostate right...and you want to drag along people with you right??...you should know that your case would be worse than someone who had a millstone tied to his neck and pitched into the sea...SMH

Why do you think the OP is an apostate? He made some valid points IMHO. Stop threatening and either ignore or address his points. Is threatening a gift of righteousness or a fruit of the spirit?

1 Like

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by timsucces(m): 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2016
I attended the Remain Loyal to Jehovah regional convention I can gladly thank the governing body for such a timely reminder i pledge to remain loyal to Jehovah and his organization #proudly a #jw Nkaliki cong

3 Likes

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by ekesoft(m): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2016
AyamConfidence:
look here...I'm not ignorant ...I know all there is to know about the organization and guess what...I find no fault with it instead I've seen more reasons to stick with it...so if you'll follow my advice... Google is your padi
... See dude wat you like might not be the way... Because the ways of men seems right to deir heart try to consult the Holy Spirit in you!!! By asking God to show you the way
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by daamazing(m): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2016
AyamConfidence:
you're wrong....very wrong
this thread sha, very misleading
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2016
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by AyamConfidence(m): 9:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
WORLDPEACE:

So he can't return if he was disfellowshiped?
he definitely can return... Just that he wouldn't be privileged to receive the help he will get now
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Switup: 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2016
henrychubayo:
@christianfreedo.

What did I discover about you? I look at your profile, I discovered that you may have be removed from been one of JW and it has pained you so much that all you do for a living is to find facts about JW to post here. Do you think that you can change JW by your apostate actions? Never. You can only change yourself and focuse on the religion that you are going now where you have find your salvation.

What else did i discover? I see why you are bitter about JW. You were removed cause you are proud and arrogant sinner and have not demonstrated genuine remorse. Sorry.

Why should we disregard you? You came here talking about the Convention of JW whom you openly criticized, wronged, and portrayed as false. You made it seem like you opened your heart to everything that was said. Why you went to look for facts to back you claims.

What advice do I have for you? If you have find the true church, go for it. Why do you spend your whole time criticizing JW if they are false worshippers. I only have one fact for you. In just few years ago, JW are 6000000 members world-wide, currently, They are 8000000+. There is nothing you can do to stop them if God is on their side. All your effort are just in vain.
thank u for vindicating God's Name. it wat we are meant to do.

and to all those who are not JWs but defended the JWs, its impresses me how Haggai 2:7 in fulfilling. in part "i will shake all the nations... and i will fill this house with glory" using u guys who arent even witnesses to bring Glory to His Name.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by AyamConfidence(m): 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2016
daamazing:
this thread sha, very misleading
na apostate create thread...what do you expect

1 Like

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Switup: 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2016
ochuski:
Notice to all Jws in the thread.
Pls lets not be arguing with anyone on this thread. I'll advice we even keep silent.
Matters concerning online debates and arguments have been well treated at our various congs so we know what to do.
Love u all
true.

1 Like

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by daamazing(m): 9:12pm On Dec 07, 2016
AyamConfidence:
na apostate create thread...what do you expect
u for no comment, I saw the thread when it hit FP with about 4 comments, I just jump and pass
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by AyamConfidence(m): 9:15pm On Dec 07, 2016
daamazing:
u for no comment, I saw the thread when it hit FP with about 4 comments, I just jump and pass
man I just couldn't jump and pass those lies...malicious lies for that matter... And if you check...the OP is nowhere to be found
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by bugativeron: 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
ChristianFreedo:
So, why was this convention necessary? I mean this particular topic? Remain loyal to Jehovah

I have attended so many conventions, in my more than 20 years with the watchtower organization, but they have never been a convention about loyalty, there was never a need for it, so why at this point?

These are just a few of the reasons why the governing body of Jehovah’s Witnesses needed to reinforce loyalty.

Information spread: Information today flows at the speed of the internet, what happens in one part of the earth will be known in the other part of the earth within hours. What that means for the governing body (those in charge of the watchtower organization) is that they cannot continue to hoard information as they used to and only releases them if it pleases them or will serve their purpose (and as they would prefer to). I mean, you can practically download in your phone, in the comfort of your home the book “The Divine Plan of Ages”, published in 1886 by the watchtower.

That is hardly what the watchtower would bargain for, as much information in those publications are embarrassing and they would prefer witnesses do not come in contact with them. It would have been simply and clearly evident that the teaches in those older publications (called old light) could never have come from Jehovah. They have tried to make sure that witnesses do not come in contact with such older publications, they are not included in the watchtower offline or online library.

As a result of information and resources for research widely being available today, 1000s of JWs are becoming aware of watchtower old wrong doctrines, doctrines they claim to been championed truth, but doctrine they have discarded. Many are becoming aware that these doctrines like [ cross, Jesus Mediator-ship, 1914, Jerusalem destruction in 607 BCE as against 587 BCE, great crowd, blood transfusion etc.] have little or no biblical, historical or archeological backing.

This is despite the fact that this information had always been there, some more than 20 years, but had been suppressed by the watchtower organization. Such is the beauty of the internet. No wonder a serious call to remain loyalty to the organization and it’s teaching

Worldwide Downsizing: The worldwide purging of bethel members, many that have spent all their lives in bethel and not knowing any other place or any other way of living, brought questions as to the divine backing of those in charge of the organization (the governing body). You need to hear how brothers and sisters complain of how sudden it has been and how they do not really have where to start from, most being so disappointed. To most, it dawned on them that they have been working for a publishing corporation.

Mishandling of Child Abuse Cases: The past few years have been very brutal for the watchtower organization. Watchtower is facing and losing a rising number of court cases, due to its policies and protection of pedophiles within its congregations.

The Australian Royal commission investigation into how the watchtower organization handles child abuse case with discoveries shocking legal experts. Over a thousand unreported child molesters in Australia alone since 1950’s. Practice of forcing an abuse survivor to confront their abuser, institutional dismissal of any abuse claim, no matter how credible, unless there had been two witnesses to the act and the systematic destruction of documents relevant to the accusations of child abuse, by elders, including notes taken during judicial investigation and committees and congregation records related to child sexual abuse, all under direct order from the watchtower (as in the case of child abuse investigation in London) and the watchtower organization using all legal means available to ensure that they do not turn to the authorities child abuse case document as in the united stated.

In 2007, the Watchtower settled 16 child abuse cases, with a total payout estimated to have been $13 million dollars. On 20 May 2010, a lawsuit was filed in San Diego, California, by the Zalkin Law Firm, case number 37-2010-00092450-CU-PO-CTL, against the Watchtower of New York. This regarded 5 people and was settled out of court in 2012, with the Watchtower paying out an undisclosed amount of money. In 2014, a San Diego judge awarded $13.5 million to Lopez, who was molested by Congregation elder. In the case Watchtower refused to provide its list of known predators to the court.

These information is what typical JWs wouldn’t be aware of in time past, I guess, the internet is not friendly for the watchtower organization and its Governing Body. Thousands of other cases are clearly documented in http://www.silentlambs.com.

Failed prophecy “This generation” to “Overlapping Generation” teaching: Another key teaching, “this generation” prophecy failed when the last member of the governing body that was “anointed” before 1935, was part of the first group of governing body that witness 1914 died, forcing the governing body to “this generation” to an overlapping generation. This key ‘New light’ teaching of the “overlapping generation” is struggling to take hold in the faith of many witnesses, as can be seen in watchtower’s repeated attempt at explaining it.

This are just few of the numerous reasons why the governing body had to reinforce loyalty, using series of videos and talks in this year’s regional convention.

All you have written are lies about Jehovah's witnesses

1 Like

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by grandstar(m): 10:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
opethom:
The religion is cool tho, I deliberately left without any reason... I wish I could continue, sometimes I asked myself my problem, maybe because I'm too shy for hous to house, I can't stand anymore on the platform and read Bible? I don't even know my problem

Please jehovah wants you to have life (John 3:16).

All of us are trying our best. It's not easy ( 1 Timothy 4:10)

Jehovah appreciates your effort (Hebrews 11:6)

Pls come back. We all await you!

2 Likes

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
30pence:

What did 2nd John 's 9 - 10 say?

Whosoever transgreseth and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath no God.

He that abuser in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the father and son

Jehovah witnesses reads only part of the Bible approved by their teachers.
They need deliverance!

Im not a JW.

But i think you'd need the deliverance more....regardless of the church you attend
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by sweetestboi(m): 10:18pm On Dec 07, 2016
wellmax:

Thanks for the info. I have always known JW to be false teachers
. This op is an apostate.... a staunch opposer of this peaceful lovers of truth called Jehovah's witnesses...this write-up has been carefully cooked up by the op 2 defame Jehovah's witnesses...pls disregard dis evil lies the op has just written" he is not a true christain.....I repeat he is an apostate"

1 Like

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by sweetestboi(m): 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
This op is an apostate.... a staunch opposer of this peaceful lovers of truth called Jehovah's witnesses...this write-up has been carefully cooked up by the op 2 defame Jehovah's witnesses...pls disregard dis evil lies the op has just written" he is not a true christain.....I repeat he is an apostate"
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by olaolaking: 10:29pm On Dec 07, 2016
sweetestboi:
This op is an apostate.... a staunch opposer of this peaceful lovers of truth called Jehovah's witnesses...this write-up has been carefully cooked up by the op 2 defame Jehovah's witnesses...pls disregard dis evil lies the op has just written" he is not a true christain.....I repeat he is an apostate"
Check His profile
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by prciouschika(f): 10:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
I really enjoyed the regional convention,tnk jah 4his timely reminder
ChristianFreedo:

How so?

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by prciouschika(f): 10:45pm On Dec 07, 2016
Tnk jah 4his orangsiation#proudly jw
timsucces:
I attended the Remain Loyal to Jehovah regional convention
I can gladly thank the governing body for such a timely reminder
i pledge to remain loyal to Jehovah and his organization
#proudly a #jw
Nkaliki cong
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by noucompact(m): 10:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
YEA,THATS HOW APOSTATES DO AND POSITION THERE POSTS. THEY ALWAYS WANT TO DISTORT THE TRUTH AND THEN DRAG PEOPLE AWAY FROM GOD.

1 Like

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Image123(m): 11:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
sweetestboi:

What is the meaning of the word "apostate"? What part is a lie in the OP? Is it that there was no regional convention themed 'REMAIN LOYAL TO JEHOVAH'? Is it that they did not say those things that the OP said were said?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bishop Simeon Okah Bans Members Without PVC From Flock Of Christ Mission, Warri / Bishop Oyedepo Establishes 848 Rural Churches In One Day / Gloria Bamiloye Celebrates Her 55th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.