Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,895 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses (22388 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia / Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by ChristianFreedo(m): 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
2016 "REMAIN LOYAL TO JEHOVAH" REGIONAL CONVENTION OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES

I just returned from the 3 days’ Regional convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses, titled, “Remain Loyal to Jehovah”. It was as expected. Talks, videos, demonstrations, interviews and experiences about loyalty, loyalty to Jehovah, the organization, the faithful and discrete slave and our brothers. But I can’t really remember talks about loyalty to Jesus and his teachings, I stand corrected, but they were much talks about loyalty to the faithful and discreet slave, which is the governing body and it's teaching.

There were examples of those who were loyal in bible times and those who were not loyal. Videos were played and replayed, it lived up to my expectations. At the end, my resolved was strengthen, to be more loyal to Jehovah, Jesus, my fellow Christians and to the truth (as can be found in the bible).

However, after all is said and done, the whole essence of the “Remain Loyal to Jehovah” convention come down to this and this alone. Be loyal/remain loyal to the organization of Jehovah’s witnesses or you are not loyal to Jehovah.

How so?

The bottom line is these, if you are a Christian and not a Jehovah’s witness, then you are not loyal to Jehovah neither are you serving him. Period!

No matter how sincere and genuine your worship to God is, no matter how morally clean and righteous you are, no matter how good you are, no matter how kind and loving you are and even if you preach daily to people about repentance toward God and faith in our lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21), no matter the Christ-like love you show and no matter how many pages of the holy scriptures you cover, no matter how morally upright you are and no matter how many prayers you offer to God and how sincere there are, as long as you are not a member of the Jehovah’s witnesses organization, you are not worshiping God and cannot be said to be loyal to Jehovah and can never survive into God’s new world. That is all, the whole essence of the convention.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by ChristianFreedo(m): 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
So, why was this convention necessary? I mean this particular topic? Remain loyal to Jehovah

I have attended so many conventions, in my more than 20 years with the watchtower organization, but they have never been a convention about loyalty, there was never a need for it, so why at this point?

These are just a few of the reasons why the governing body of Jehovah’s Witnesses needed to reinforce loyalty.

Information spread: Information today flows at the speed of the internet, what happens in one part of the earth will be known in the other part of the earth within hours. What that means for the governing body (those in charge of the watchtower organization) is that they cannot continue to hoard information as they used to and only releases them if it pleases them or will serve their purpose (and as they would prefer to). I mean, you can practically download in your phone, in the comfort of your home the book “The Divine Plan of Ages”, published in 1886 by the watchtower.

That is hardly what the watchtower would bargain for, as much information in those publications are embarrassing and they would prefer witnesses do not come in contact with them. It would have been simply and clearly evident that the teaches in those older publications (called old light) could never have come from Jehovah. They have tried to make sure that witnesses do not come in contact with such older publications, they are not included in the watchtower offline or online library.

As a result of information and resources for research widely being available today, 1000s of JWs are becoming aware of watchtower old wrong doctrines, doctrines they claim to been championed truth, but doctrine they have discarded. Many are becoming aware that these doctrines like [ cross, Jesus Mediator-ship, 1914, Jerusalem destruction in 607 BCE as against 587 BCE, great crowd, blood transfusion etc.] have little or no biblical, historical or archeological backing.

This is despite the fact that this information had always been there, some more than 20 years, but had been suppressed by the watchtower organization. Such is the beauty of the internet. No wonder a serious call to remain loyalty to the organization and it’s teaching

Worldwide Downsizing: The worldwide purging of bethel members, many that have spent all their lives in bethel and not knowing any other place or any other way of living, brought questions as to the divine backing of those in charge of the organization (the governing body). You need to hear how brothers and sisters complain of how sudden it has been and how they do not really have where to start from, most being so disappointed. To most, it dawned on them that they have been working for a publishing corporation.

Mishandling of Child Abuse Cases: The past few years have been very brutal for the watchtower organization. Watchtower is facing and losing a rising number of court cases, due to its policies and protection of pedophiles within its congregations.

The Australian Royal commission investigation into how the watchtower organization handles child abuse case with discoveries shocking legal experts. Over a thousand unreported child molesters in Australia alone since 1950’s. Practice of forcing an abuse survivor to confront their abuser, institutional dismissal of any abuse claim, no matter how credible, unless there had been two witnesses to the act and the systematic destruction of documents relevant to the accusations of child abuse, by elders, including notes taken during judicial investigation and committees and congregation records related to child sexual abuse, all under direct order from the watchtower (as in the case of child abuse investigation in London) and the watchtower organization using all legal means available to ensure that they do not turn to the authorities child abuse case document as in the united stated.

In 2007, the Watchtower settled 16 child abuse cases, with a total payout estimated to have been $13 million dollars. On 20 May 2010, a lawsuit was filed in San Diego, California, by the Zalkin Law Firm, case number 37-2010-00092450-CU-PO-CTL, against the Watchtower of New York. This regarded 5 people and was settled out of court in 2012, with the Watchtower paying out an undisclosed amount of money. In 2014, a San Diego judge awarded $13.5 million to Lopez, who was molested by Congregation elder. In the case Watchtower refused to provide its list of known predators to the court.

These information is what typical JWs wouldn’t be aware of in time past, I guess, the internet is not friendly for the watchtower organization and its Governing Body. Thousands of other cases are clearly documented in http://www.silentlambs.com.

Failed prophecy “This generation” to “Overlapping Generation” teaching: Another key teaching, “this generation” prophecy failed when the last member of the governing body that was “anointed” before 1935, was part of the first group of governing body that witness 1914 died, forcing the governing body to “this generation” to an overlapping generation. This key ‘New light’ teaching of the “overlapping generation” is struggling to take hold in the faith of many witnesses, as can be seen in watchtower’s repeated attempt at explaining it.

This are just few of the numerous reasons why the governing body had to reinforce loyalty, using series of videos and talks in this year’s regional convention.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by ChristianFreedo(m): 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
LOYALTY? TO WHOM?

Former governing body member, Raymond Frank wrote:

When, however, they urge “loyalty to the organization” they must know, they certainly should know, that they are not talking about that domain—about the thousands of congregations and their members that the organization directs. They are talking about loyalty to the source of the direction, the source of the teachings, the source of the authority. Whether the Governing Body members acknowledge it or whether they prefer not to think about it, the fact remains that in these crucial
respects they, and they alone, are “the organization.” - Crisis of conscience, page 345, 4th ed.

The governing body is source of the doctrine, policies, authority and direction. When doctrines/teachings turn out wrong (as have been in many case prompting a need for new light), witnesses do not blame Jehovah neither do they think Jehovah was the source of the wrong/erroneous teachings/doctrine.

When prophecies fail as has been in cases of 1874, 1914, 1919, 1925, 1975, “this generation” (leading to “overlapping generation”), witnesses do not think it was Jehovah that was the source of such fail prophecies, but was the men that spoke in Jehovah’s name when Jehovah did not send them. (Deut 18:20-22)

NOTE: THESE WERE INDEED FALSE PROPHECIES, NOT BELIEVES OR EXPECTIONS AS THE ORGANISATION IS TRYING TO PAINT THEM TODAY

When their policies (that lacks scriptural justifications) led to loss of life as was the case in Malawi, (thousands of Witnesses maimed, killed, lost their homes witnesses, many ending up in prison for not buying party card, a matter that involve no bribery, no illegality and no falsification) while at the same period, the organization looked the other way allowing Jehovah’s Witnesses to bribe officials in Mexico, falsify document, so as to obtain “Identity Cartilla (Certificate) for Military Service” (a situations that leads to deliberate elimination of songs and prayers during meetings, not because of persecution, since there was none) policies that causes families and marriages to break, Witnesses do not think of Jehovah as the source of such policies, but the men directing the organization.

NOTE: THESE DOUBLE STANDARDS ARE CLEARLY DOCUMENTED WITH PROOF IN CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE, PAGE 142

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD A PDF COPY WITH THIS LINK:
http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0ahUKEwi--qPo7OPQAhXJAxoKHe4dDucQFggkMAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftextandmaterialsformediaethics.files.%2F2012%2F07%2Fch-1-2crisis-of-conscience.pdf&usg=AFQjCNE6cRgrCFR6rV6fCoIBOHgZG3H5gw&sig2=Ll6yL6RS1Um20f2pKtAQbA

When the organization decides to downsize, in a manner similar to how corporate organization downsize when in financial crisis, bethel members sacked, sent home with nothing to start with, after spending all their lives serving in bethel, it is the men of the governing body that makes those decisions and not Jehovah.

Fact is, after all the talks about loyalty to Jehovah is said and done, in reality, the demanded loyalty is really to the men controlling the organization, the Governing body. In the words of Late brother Raymond Frank, “whether the Governing Body members acknowledge it or whether they prefer not to think about it, the fact remains that in these crucial respects they, and they alone, are “the organization”.

They are scared of losing members, frankly they will lose, at least the unquestioning loyalty as many more Witnesses are becoming aware of these cases. It would have been better if they allowed them to leave quietly, than forcing them to stay or else, lose their love ones.
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by ChristianFreedo(m): 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
IRONY IN LOYALTY

Remain loyal to Jehovah regional convention was meant to “reinforce loyalty to Jehovah” and the organization (Governing Body). However, I ask, who really are the governing body loyal to?

THIS IS WHERE THE IRONY REALLY IS:

In the last video of the convention, a video depicting the future paradise, the audience was subjected to listen to this soundtrack from audiomachine. This group is renowned for doing soundtracks for movie trailers some of which include harry porter movies, American sniper, the fighter, pirates of the Caribbean, Thor and so many other violent and spiritistic movies.

Here is the paradise video played at the end of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6gRFsVPfyw

Here is a cover album of the soundtract used in the video.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4248622_images_jpeg68d5535b971d558f594f10a5affd0a71

The song is entitled Eternal Flame, from the Album Epica from Audiomachine. The record album shows character looking like demons or witches as can be seen above. It would have been sufficient for the watchtower to have known from the cover of the record album that the music would be debasing, especially considering their very counsel:

In the field of music spiritual perils do exist. For instance, many popular musicians are involved in the occult. Some openly admit that they worship Satan, and satanic influence often shows up in their music and songs. But how can a Christian tell if demonic influence exists in certain music? It is sufficient in some cases to look at the cover of a record album. Depicted on it you may see characters dressed to look like witches, demons or devils. Or the cover may have pictures tending toward the mystical or the occult. The name of the musical group or of an album may indicate a connection with the demons, as may the titles and words of the songs.”-watchtower, October 15, 1983 p. 11, par. 8

The irony is, while the governing body themselves urge loyalty, claiming that Christmas and birthday has a pagan origin and therefore would be unchristian, they themselves are not loyal to Jehovah and his world the bible. They can dabble into the table of demon/violence to take a piece of the pie to feed their sheep. Thereby failing to consider their own advice from the same watchtower article.

There is a wide variety of Scripturally acceptable and upbuilding music, including delightful Kingdom songs enjoyed by Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide. So, we are not missing anything worthwhile by rejecting music that debases. .”-watchtower, October 15, 1983 p. 15, par. 22

You can learn more about the video here

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by ChristianFreedo(m): 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
Jesus said in John 14:6 - “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”.

The governing body has taken over the role and authority of Jesus Christ, thereby reducing Jesus to the background.

The organization says ‘we agree with that, that is true, he is the way, but we are the way to him and you cannot have a relationship with Jesus Christ except through us, his organization, and they say, yes, he is the truth, but we are the channel of the truth and all truth comes through us and they say, yes he is the life, but you will never gain life unless you associate with our organization which is like entering into the ark of Noah’s day’. So in all this things, they take what really relate to Jesus and apply uniquely to Him and appropriate that to themselves.

Such is the Irony of Loyalty of the Organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

In Paul’s letter to Timothy, 2 Ti 2:19, the bible says, “Jehovah knows those who belong to him,” Only God and Christ who can read heart knows those who are genuine Christians, but today, watchtower claims they know those "who belong" to Jehovah and those he will save at Armageddon. Such is the presumptuous spirit governing body of Jehovah’s witnesses. Such is the irony of loyalty!
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by JusticeSeeker: 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
who is Jesus to your organisation?
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by ChristianFreedo(m): 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
JusticeSeeker:
who is Jesus to your organisation?

Jesus is so obscured by the emphasis placed on the "organisation" that Jws hardly praise or recognised him or his role in their lives.
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by herzern1(m): 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2016
cool
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by PappiSnow: 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
Conventions right and left, yet crime rate, hunger and other vices keeps increasing daily. Please let all conventioneers pray for manna from Heaven, Holy Angels to guard and arrest criminals in our land

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by opethom(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
The religion is cool tho, I deliberately left without any reason... I wish I could continue, sometimes I asked myself my problem, maybe because I'm too shy for hous to house, I can't stand anymore on the platform and read Bible? I don't even know my problem

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by ActivJJJ(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
i need pop corn for the war that is brewing on this thread grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by oyedun82(m): 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
Awon Ajeri Jehovah
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by veekid(m): 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2016

opethom dem pple
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Mavrick2012: 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2016
Nigeria :a land where almost everybody knows religion but almost nobody knows God. Lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by casttlebarbz(m): 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2016
alright
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by dfrost: 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2016
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Lilimax(f): 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ndi uka akpa over to you smiley

Abeg, na joke o grin

1 Like

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Onechancearmy(m): 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
Do JWs now believe in Christ's divinity?
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by wellmax(m): 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
People still attend JW?

1 Like

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by grodt999: 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
another african obsessed with unproven religions has just wasted 3 days of their life.

3 days that can be better spent on global, medical, scientific, humanitarian, eeucation, community activities!

1 Like

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by PappiSnow: 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by opethom(m): 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2016
veekid:

opethom dem pple
LMAO I Don run Tay Tay
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by ddaammyy(f): 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2016
Too long please
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Lilimax(f): 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2016
wellmax:
People still attend JW?
undecided I pity you for this thread today? smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by veekid(m): 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2016
opethom:
The religion is cool tho, I deliberately left without any reason,

Na God of thunder Sango wey wan punish you without any reason na hn make yu left grin
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin

The moral bias that is plaguing NL and it's developers has left Mile 2 and will soon arrive Aso Rock.

Dear Seun,
As an atheist, why do you favour the Muslims over the non-Muslims on your platform?
The following is my point.

If an Islamic-centered post was on Nairaland there will always be a prompt asking you agree to believing in the Islamic faith before commenting why isn't it so for other faiths.

Please address this issue to show fairness to all as you do not share the same line of thoughts and beliefs as they.

Best regards,

U.Z

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by YeyeGirl(f): 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
Durhhhhh!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by wellmax(m): 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2016
ChristianFreedo:

Thanks for the info. I have always known JW to be false teachers
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by opethom(m): 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2016
veekid:

Na God of thunder Sango wey wan punish you without any reason na hn make yu left grin
I left because my friend pushed me to the world hahaha
Re: 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses by AyamConfidence(m): 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2016
ChristainFreedo

You're an apostate right...and you want to drag along people with you right??...you should know that your case would be worse than someone who had a millstone tied to his neck and pitched into the sea...SMH

25 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

T. B Joshua At 55: The Story Behind His Glory Revealed / Prophet Wale Olagunju: 'Atiku Will Defeat Buhari 2019, Osinbajo Has Failed God' / Truly, The Forbidden Fruit Is Sex!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.