Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 (29099 Views)

Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes / Again Naira Falls, Sells At N465 Per Dollar / Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by CXLVII: 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
devilson:
zombies come nd defend the Daura President. come nd explain how the crash of naira would benefit Nigeria.

stupid president without a brain with hid foolish supporters

Stop making a fool of yourself amongs intellectuals! Do you know the cause of the Naira crash? Definitely No. Your confined knowledge wil only make you point accusing fingers.

Am sure U're part of those cheering pipeline destruction and same time accusing the president of a Naira fall

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by compressordaf(m): 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
Buhari why not Kukuma kill us all with Satan 2 bomb ni then after killing us u can go to the oda room with Amina grin
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by doctokwus: 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
Dont know what he is doing,but PMB in conjunction with that useless CBN governor with a non existent economic team has totally destroyed the economy.
Its obvious this people cannot get us out of this economic nightmare.
Though the outcome cannot be guaranteed,and i am not a fan of Osinbajo,but seeing pmb face everyday,more concerned about attending a security summit abroad,than addressing the emergency situation we find ourselves;i think its high time Osinbajo mounts the saddle in whichever way it maybe made possible.
I dont think anyother person,except the fisherman,can do worse than PMB.I cant bliv the man i supported wholeheartedly some 2yrs ago,nauseates and irritates me now.

3 Likes

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by venom13(m): 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
Na die we dey so 4 this country by the end of this APC 4 years government there will be nothing left of us as a people
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by CXLVII: 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
Day11:
This time last year, I was still fooling myself shouting Sai Baba!

Make Baba kuku kill us undecided undecided cry cry cry cry

Is it Sai baba that is determining rates? You need to start looking inwards to know that 60% of the cause for the fall in Naira is done by we the citizens. Read up and make a point with me on the cause of a declining currency
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by MISTAICEY02288(m): 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nice one. We are gettin there. I don dey talk am teytey say we still dey enter 500naira/1$ soon. Bubu is workin towards it.

APC supporters, how market I hope una dey enjoy una oga work.

4 Likes

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by electrokcoi(m): 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
haba! I was expecting $1 to #1000 by now
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Millsz: 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
what has the destruction of pipelines got to do with the fx rate? Don't get me wrong, I'm not in support of the destructions but its irrelevant to this thread
LoveMachine:
Don't cry if you cheered the destruction of pipelines. This is the result.

3 Likes

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Miles300: 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
Hhahahahah everyone is opening the book of Lamentations , how people still vote for APC in recent elections baffles me , won't be surprised if same Nigerian lamenting votes him in 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by CXLVII: 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
EternalTruths:

Have you finished praising Buhari for dividing the country into 97% and 5%

Continue laughing at the 5% while oil production plummets.

Who will suffer it at the end of the day? Dollar will rise to NGN1000 to $1, production will be expensive and prices will skyrocket, multinationals and local employers will downsize there workforce. Foreign investors will scamper and me and you will bear the brunt.

Keep cheering.....we never see anything
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
devilson:
zombies come nd defend the Daura President. come nd explain how the crash of naira would benefit Nigeria.

stupid president without a brain with hid foolish supporters

the real dullards are those who do not understand that half of our forex femand is due to importation of fuel. The dullards are those who don't understand that while we were earning $100/ barrel we did not build any new refineries or fix the existing ones, instead we were celebrating the number of private jets in Nigeria as proof of our development. Forgetting that most of those who bought private jets made their money from the very subsidy regime that was necessitated because we were importing all our fuel.

3 Likes

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
LoveMachine:
Don't cry if you cheered the destruction of pipelines. This is the result.

This is such an uneducated thesis, what a waste of education
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Yyeske(m): 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2016
For the kids here, if GEJ had saved enough dollars like OBJ and Yar'adua, our naira won't be this low.

Remember there was a world recession around 2008/2009 but Nigeria hardly felt anything because we had enough dollars to shore up the naira then unlike now.

The blame still rest on GEJ because he never saved even in the period of all time high oil price instead he depleted what was saved and you want a miracle now.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by usamali(m): 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2016
Fear dey catch mi APC which way.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Ofornaira: 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2016
Dc4life:
My fear is that it has fallen to a level that it may never rise to its former position.

And the worst is that it is still falling.

And

Ironically I am praying that the exchange rate should continue rising because it is more money to me..such is life... wink
since naira started rising, have u ever seen or heard that it came down? The point I want u to understand is that it will never fall below what it is now. In fact it will keep going up may be 2000 if pmb finishes his tenure in the 2019.

Any person that will succeed him will try hard to peg it at where pmb took it to. If actually that pmb knows what he is doing, he shouldn't have allowed it to be rising this way. What he should have done is to peg it at where he met it. Afonjas, how market?

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by CXLVII: 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
Miles300:
Hhahahahah everyone is opening the book of Lamentations , how people still vote for APC in recent elections baffles me , won't be surprised if same Nigerian lamenting votes him in 2019

Hello! The enlightened know the root cause of the fall of Naira which is not determined by a party or individual. You can't cheer pipeline vandalism and expect a rise of the Naira likewise can you bl up pipelines and expect constant power supply.

Logical sane Nigerians understand the forces and sabotage
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
tapzy:
Our president has a PHD in economic management from daura cow university. so these are the results of a well managed economy. afterall under GEJ things were worse.

No be yu suppose make this comment, please where is Lainus Mumu-ahmed?
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by emi14: 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
Why unbelievable? Some yoruu ba's still support apc because tunubu is still a member. People who can't call evil evil. Am neither pdp or apc. Political party affiliation is not my potion. Nigeria is messed up. Am coming home to exchange 100usd for #50,000 But honestly am not happy. How much is bags of cement and rice respectively and related commodities. Hell.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
googlepikins:
Buhari should kukuma kill us all with atomic bomb

Kill only you, pack your load and go to North Korea bomb testing zone you will find atomic bomb there to kill you.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
Miles300:
Na Jonathan concern he didn't save in oil boom.. They will keep blaming without Avin a solution..

When will you learn ? How much did Jonathan's predecessor save ?
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by devilson(m): 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
CXLVII:

Stop making a fool of yourself amongs intellectuals! Do you know the cause of the Naira crash? Definitely No. Your confined knowledge wil only make you point accusing fingers.

Am sure we're part of those cheering pipeline destruction and same time accusing the president of a Naira fall
check my previous nd show me where I support those idiot militant.
u guys keep blaming gej,crash in petrol price to cover up for buhari wrong economic policy but u guys forgot that when obj took over It was worst nd he met only $3billion forex.

I don't av time for all those other zombie quoting me cause they are like programmed robot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Empiree: 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
Keneking:
It is finished on the cross of CBN forex management unit shocked
grin grin grin
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
AreaFada2:

Abi o. I can never forget all the names they called us: tanoids, MEND, Ipob, followers of clueless ogogoro drunken fisherman, etc.

Now jungle don cast & mature. People like us began bracing ourselves for the recession we have now. We saw from Buhari before. One cannot be caught unaware for a second time. grin

Bros maybe this is what the cow meant by saying by monkeys and baboons blood will be shed

Please bros, all those guys that gather at Newspaper joints, call Tv and Radio comments, gather on various forums where are they please?

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ofornaira:
since naira started rising, have u ever seen or heard that it came down? The point I want u to understand is that it will never fall below what it is now. In fact it will keep going up may be 2000 if pmb finishes his tenure in the 2019.

Any person that will succeed him will try hard to peg it at where pmb took it to. If actually that pmb knows what he is doing, he shouldn't have allowed it to be rising this way. What he should have done is to peg it at where he met it. Afonjas, how market?

you speak like an ignoramusl, peg it with what? is it not attempts to peg that is causing black market to rise? You think running an economy is your fake church where you say I decree naira to be stable?

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by emmalexabl(m): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is really really good.. ..

Buhari till 2024 !!!

But seriously. ,where are those zombistic sai buhari chanters?

They all seem to have committed suicide cheesy grin
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by CXLVII: 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
doctokwus:
Dont know what he is doing,but PMB in conjunction with that useless CBN governor with a non existent economic team has totally destroyed the economy.
Its obvious this people cannot get us out of this economic nightmare.
Though the outcome cannot be guaranteed,and i am not a fan of Osinbajo,but seeing pmb face everyday,more concerned about attending a security summit abroad,than addressing the emergency situation we find ourselves;i think its high time Osinbajo mounts the saddle in whichever way it maybe made possible.
I dont think anyother person,except the fisherman,can do worse than PMB.I cant bliv the man i supported wholeheartedly some 2yrs ago,nauseates and irritates me now.

It's glaring you re in the league of complainants who happen to share blame rather than deliberating on the root cause of the free fall of the Naira. Is it APC or Buhari that is causing the fall? Read-up about the root cause and make a point with me.

Yes, I agree with you when u say policies but same Nigerians re not ready to bend. Rice and car importation by land was just stopped and see the way Nigerians re fuming and same expect a rise of the Naira
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by SweetLove0(f): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
ok na
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Empiree: 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
hobermener:
Unbelievable?? Op you day craze Buhari is giving us Xmas bonus, at least if I send $1000 I my mama go get #500,000. Sai buhari!!! Baba we are with you. Sai baba till 2023 insha Allah, change is here finally grin grin grin
lol....hilarious. tola9ja grin grin
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Ofornaira: 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
XX01:
Economists in the house, do you see us getting out of this freefall anytime soon?

Can the price ever go up again or we are stuck on this level regardless of whoever is our leader?
what I see is freefall of nairal till 2019 as long as pmb is there in aso rock.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
XX01:
Economists in the house, do you see us getting out of this freefall anytime soon?

Can the price ever go up again or we are stuck on this level regardless of whoever is our leader?

Yes, Economists answers

It's not just resources that moves the financial markets, it's optimism created by sentiments.

We had a golden opportunity when Buhari entered office, Gulf nations up to UAE refused to be an altternative to Souther European Nations who depesrately needs gas supply, For the fear of not annoying Russia they backed out, The entire Souther European desperately needs gas which we have in enormous amount. Nigeria seats on 76 Trillion Feet of gas, which means we have 2 million for every one gallon of crude we supply, simple We promsie supply to Europe cheered by Germany, sign a pact, investors see this, we get instan investor confidence boosted, the financial market, the FDI and stock market will queue behind....

If you think i'm lieing, Russia signed similar pact with China for 300 Billion dollars, guess what it did ?

Instead of chase the opportunity, he chased PDP, Niger Deltans

The younger ones are not all stupid, let these guys trasfer the mantle ofpower and we will prove it

I forgot to mention we run at a monthly deficit of 50 billion dolalrs monthly, i've cried everywhere wailing, Mr President supply the entire West African region Electricity, Power , Gas and we will make this sum easily and easen the pressure that is titled from an imbalance of FOREX and foreign earnings...

Emefiele won't know this things, it's wisdom of the inner house folks

Nigeria would rise, guys dn't worry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Yyeske(m): 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
supersystemsng:

When will you learn ? How much did Jonathan's predecessor save ?
GEJ was left with over $60 billion dollars but handed PMB 29 billion inspite of record high price of oil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank / Youngest Billionaire Still Bikes To Work / Nigerians Vent Their Anger On CBN, Bankers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.