Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Did Jesus Commit Suicide? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Commit Suicide? (2660 Views)

Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? / Shatta Wale Will Commit Suicide – Prophet Charles Dady (Video) / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Ferruccio(m): 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
Jesus Christ foreseen his betrayal and death. If someone allows their self to be killed, like sitting on the railroad tracks, when they could get up and leave, are they in retrospect committing suicide?
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Scholar8200(m): 8:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ferruccio:
Jesus Christ foreseen his betrayal and death. If someone allows their self to be killed, like sitting on the railroad tracks, when they could get up and leave, are they in retrospect committing suicide?
NO!!! angry Would you call it suicide if a criminal submits himself to be hanged? Now Jesus was no criminal but He submitted Himself to such death because your sins were laid on Him! What have you done with this knowledge?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by sonofluc1fer: 8:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
Jesus didn't commit suicide.. it was his love that kept him on the cross because his death was the necessary sacrifice required to appease His Father.

It was just 3 nails afterall.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:57pm On Dec 06, 2016
sonofluc1fer:
Jesus didn't commit suicide.. it was his love that kept him on the cross because his death was the necessary sacrifice required to appease His Father.

It was just 3 nails afterall.

You are back with your usual nonsense .

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by hopefulLandlord: 8:57pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:
NO!!! angry Would you call it suicide if a criminal submits himself to be hanged? Now Jesus was no criminal but He submitted Himself to such death because your sins were laid on Him! What have you done with this knowledge?

it is suicide!

what do you call a mission you're about to embark on that you know would kill you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by sonofluc1fer: 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are back with your usual nonsense .
Oga, your nonsense plenty pass my own. Go sit on the Watchers thread and wait for your Jewish Savior. grin I kmow you missed me. Here to slam all Abrahamic zombies, the black kind. wink

3 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Scholar8200(m): 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

it is suicide!

what do you call a mission you're about to embark on that you know would kill you?
So, are soldiers guilty of suicide too?
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by sonofluc1fer: 9:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:

Good question. angry
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by hopefulLandlord: 9:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:

soldiers don't go KNOWING they'll die but that they "might" die

there's a huge difference between both
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Ferruccio(m): 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:
He submitted himself? K. Great. Is it suicide, or not suicide If I sit in my car after it stalls on the railroad tracks and allowing the train to hit me?
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Scholar8200(m): 9:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ferruccio:
He submitted himself? K. Great. Is it suicide, or not suicide If I sit in my car after it stalls on the railroad tracks and allowing the train to hit me?
Here was One Who had no sin. His accusers had to shop for false witnesses, the majority cry was that He should be killed,and He refused to fight for Himself. This scenario, sir, is not comparable to the one you just described of yourself in a car.
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 06, 2016
this angle lol
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Scholar8200(m): 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

soldiers don't go KNOWING they'll die but that they "might" die

there's a huge difference between both
And a criminal being led to the firing squad committed suicide for going?
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:

Sorry for deviating; why is only the HolySpirit called spirit and also bears the appellation holy?

Are Jesus and God not spirits as well as holy?

Is the holyspirit more holy than two of them?

Help my confusion please.
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by hopefulLandlord: 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:

keyword here is "Know", a criminal that surrenders himself would still be given a fair trial and might have his/her sentence communed to life sentence, or even better basically there's a "chance" albeit slim that he might still not be killed

Police and other forces for instance usually use the words "Surrender yourself to the law and you'll be given a fair trial, your surrender can help your case in the court of law" I at least see that a lot in American films with the police using megaphone to communicate cheesy

Jesus however KNEW he would be killed

the keyword here is still "know" for sure without any doubt in your mind, 100% sure you'll be killed and still go ahead is "suicide by proxy"
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Ferruccio(m): 9:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:
Here was One Who had no sin. His accusers had to shop for false witnesses, the majority cry was that He should be killed,and He refused to fight for Himself. This scenario, sir, is not comparable to the one you just described of yourself in a car.
By refusing to fight for himself, and by choosing not to use divine power to save himself, he effectively committed suicide allowing himself to be killed.
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Scholar8200(m): 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ferruccio:
By refusing to fight for himself, and by choosing not to use divine power to save himself, he effectively committed suicide allowing himself to be killed.
save Himself? Using Divine power? Well, He came not to destroy men's lives but to save hence anything that will result in death of any man could not be done.
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by SlimmB(m): 9:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:
With these quote, i need not to say anything grin cool

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Scholar8200(m): 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

keyword here is "Know", a criminal that surrenders himself would still be given a fair trial and might have his/her sentence communed to life sentence, or even better basically there's a "chance" albeit slim that he might still not be killed
What if he is not given a fair trial? Jesus was accused by false witness y'know! And unfortunately, the clamor of the multitude was for His death!

Police and other forces for instance usually use the words "Surrender yourself to the law and you'll be given a fair trial, your surrender can help your case in the court of law" I at least see that a lot in American films with the police using megaphone to communicate cheesy
Not after a sentence has been given. This scenario you gave, Jesus surrendered to the mob that came to arrest Him.

What? Why is everybody overlooking the fact that the assizes already wanted Him dead and that was the purpose of all the charade trial? You sound as though it was a normal court proceeding when actually the case had been decided before the arrival of the Accused to court

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Ferruccio(m): 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:
save Himself? Using Divine power? Well, He came not to destroy men's lives but to save hence anything that will result in death of any man could not be done.
He committed suicide for you.
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Scholar8200(m): 9:57pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ferruccio:
He committed suicide for you.
okay.
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Scholar8200(m): 9:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
NinjaX:

Sorry for deviating; why is only the HolySpirit called spirit and also bears the appellation holy?

Are Jesus and God not spirits as well as holy?

Is the holyspirit more holy than two of them?

Help my confusion please.
Dont let us derail the thread.
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Oga, your nonsense plenty pass my own. Go sit on the Watchers thread and wait for your Jewish Savior. grin I kmow you missed me. Here to slam all Abrahamic zombies, the black kind. wink

Are you a deist shocked shocked
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by oglalasioux(m): 10:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:

Is it necessary for the Messiah to die? If yes then all those witnesses are saints not false witnesses. The majority cry for him to be killed is actually a cry for liberation. Or what do you think?
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:
Dont let us derail the thread.
Just say you don't know. Ignorance is not a crime.
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by hopefulLandlord: 10:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:
What if he is not given a fair trial? Jesus was accused by false witness y'know! And unfortunately, the clamor of the multitude was for His death!
He knew he won't be given a fair trial, he knew they'll clamour for him to be killed

the "unfortunately" part is non sequitur because he "knew"

knowledge is the word here, a thief or serial killer still has a chance albeit slim of not serving capital punishment

Not after a sentence has been given. This scenario you gave, Jesus surrendered to the mob that came to arrest Him.

because he knew the time has come to commit suicide by proxy

What? Why is everybody overlooking the fact that the assizes already wanted Him dead and that was the purpose of all the charade trial? You sound as though it was a normal court proceeding when actually the case had been decided before the arrival of the Accused to court

nothing happened that Jesus didn't know would happen

a criminal however has his limitations and cannot be 100% sure he'll be sentenced to death no matter how grave his offenses are because he can't see the "future"
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by sonofthunder: 10:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
He who sends a message by the hand of a [a]fool cuts off the feet [of satisfactory delivery] and drinks the damage.(D)

7Like the legs of a lame man which hang loose, so is a parable in the mouth of a fool.

8Like he who binds a stone in a sling, so is he who gives honor to a [self-confident] fool.
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
To the theists in the house, my question is still open to answers.
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Scholar8200(m): 10:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
NinjaX:

Just say you don't know. Ignorance is not a crime.
okay
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by EyeHateGod: 10:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:

Why do we can it suicide bombers?
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
Scholar8200:
okay
Lol. I understand. Pick your battles wisely. Knowing how to fight is just as important as knowing when to fight. The golen rule.
Re: Did Jesus Commit Suicide? by Scholar8200(m): 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Why do we can it suicide bombers?
that is not applicable here. Who kills the suicide bombers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening / G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? / Why Tithing Is Wrong Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.