Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:20 AM

13 Texting Mistakes Guys Make - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 13 Texting Mistakes Guys Make (1064 Views)

8 Mistakes Guys Make In Bed / 7 Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting A Lady / 5 Big Mistakes Guys Make When Wooing A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Texting Mistakes Guys Make by randomShek: 11:52am On Dec 07, 2016
Have you noticed that she’s not texting back? Has she suddenly become distant and cold? Is she making excuses to not meet you for a date? Has she friend-zoned you?

There’s only one thing you need to remember when texting girls. Always text with a purpose – to arrange a date. Sounds easy, right? Well, its not…You have to plan a texting routine because there will never be a meet up if you keep making any one of these 13 mistakes.

Let’s get started, shall we?

1. Living by the 3 Day Rule

Whoever invented this rule probably had a really bad day.
So don’t wait until the next day to text a girl, or the day after that. Text her immediately after getting her number – within fifteen minutes after you meet her is good.

Also, this way, when you’re fresh in her mind, she’ll remember you right away next time your number pops up! She’ll also feel more comfortable about your text interaction with her because you already started texting her when you were with her.

It will remove her anxiety about texting you the next day and means you can start comfort building a lot easier.

2. Forgetting her name

This is a huge turn-off. By not typing her name in the first text can make her think you’ve forgotten her. Also using words like “beautiful”, “baby”, etc makes you look shallow and cheesy.

You might think you’re complimenting her but she’ll just think you are a creep who’s high on testosterone.

If you gave her a nickname when you met her then that’s fine, but only use nicknames if it’s already an insider joke between the two of you, otherwise it’ll appear like you’ve totally forgotten her.

3. Texting Back Too Quickly

Don’t be too anxious to text her back. Some guys literally lose their mind staring at their phone waiting for her to reply, and when she does they’ll rush to pick it up and reply with something stupid.

By texting her back instantly, every single time, you show her you’re desperate, you have nothing else to do, have no social life and your whole world revolves around her.

But if you want to make her want you and respect you more, never text back too early. Try to consistently text back in 10 or 15 minutes and occasionally mix it up to even an hour or so later.
If you’re busy and she texts you early, wait until you are done first. She’ll respect the fact you have priorities.

Be unpredictable. Keep her on her toes. Make her anticipate your reply. This should be done to an extent, because there is a bad side to every thing
It’s NOT cool to make a girl wait for your reply. Its just not cool and she will think you don’t care about her if you don’t get back until the next day.

4. Sticking To One Subject

While it’s okay to continue a conversation or joke you had going when you met her if you stick to the same lane for too long, it’ll get old and she’ll get bored.

Make sure you change the subject and once the joke is over, don’t keep going back to it if you’ve got nothing better to say. Simply end the conversation there till you come up with a topic of interest. Preferably one she can relate to.

5. Being Boring

It doesn’t matter how fun you were when she met you because she’ll forget all those positive vibes as soon as you fail to maintain the rhythm.
Even if the impact you made on her was WOW, it’s important you show her you’re not just a one trick pony and keep the fun alive.

Always remember, girls receive dozens of texts a week from guys just like you. So no meaningless texts like “how are you doing”, “what’s up” and “hi”, which will contribute nothing of value to her image of you.

If you don’t stand out you will blend in. Be direct, and clear with your intent.

6. Flirting too early

Trying to flirt with her before you’ve made a girl comfortable with you is one of the biggest mistake guys make over and over again.

Everything you do, from the approach to the date, should demonstrate value, build her comfort levels and excitement about talking to you.

That’s why the first few texts you text a girl are critical in pumping her emotion to the point that she’ll be begging for a date. If you haven’t sparked enough emotion, she’ll more think you’re a pervert and would never reply to your texts.

7. Being Inappropriate

Don’t ever send revealing photos unless she has specifically asked for them or if you’re sexting, because just sending them will make you appear creepy and will be totally inappropriate.
It also demonstrates you’re low value male because a high value male would never send revealing photos of his body without them being earned first.

If you really want to send her photos that’ll put a smile on her face, send photos of adorable furry animals or you having fun on your last vacation. She’ll appreciate those a lot more.

8. Terrible Use of Spellings and Grammar

If you’re using text slang, improper grammar, or being lazy about checking your messages before you send them, chances are you’ve already blown it.

Why?

It sounds immature and just turns them off because they might be having a hard time trying to understand you. Be sure to read your texts before you send them and avoid using slangs.
If she uses a lot of slangs then you should too though.

9. Bad Reflections

If she sends 4 texts a day, send 4 texts or less.
If she never swears or uses slang language, never use it back.
If she sends you a long message, reply with a long one back.

Try to think of your phone as a mirror. No one wants to look in the mirror and see an ogre staring back, so don’t give her a bad reflection of yourself by sending 6 texts back if she only sends 3, or reply to a 20 character sentence with a 200 character text monologue.

You should be the one investing less in a conversation. Learn to adapt to her texting style to keep the vibes up.

10. Compliments

It’s no secret that women love compliments, but too many compliments, especially when thrown out too early on will make her think you’re insincere, desperate, are a low value guy who just wants to get down with her.

11. The Interrogator

There’s a common misunderstanding that since women love talking about themselves, it’s a good idea to ask them lots of questions. This is very wrong.

No one wants to be bombarded with questions, especially questions that aren’t fun. Think about it. If you got a text from someone you don’t know very well asking why you chose to become a lawyer, would you really be motivated to text them back?
Of course not. Plus its a little bit creepy.

12. Being An Open Book

Its down right annoying. Seriously…if you think giving a girl updates on your day is cool, look at it from her perspective.

When you demonstrate this, you portray neediness and neediness has been discovered to be one of the biggest attraction killers. It shows that you are trying to impress her with your job or trying to gain her approval.

If she replies to any of these types of messages she’s only doing it out of politeness and has lost every feeling of attraction towards you.

13. Making Her Uncomfortable

Making a girl feel uncomfortable over texts makes shows her you are immature, desperate, needy or just weird.

Never ever:
*Accuse a woman of something she may not be doing, e.g. “why are you avoiding me?”
*Keep texting her to make her feel bad, e.g. “I’m a really nice guy, no one’s ever treated me like this before.”
*Stop texting a girl just because she couldn’t make a date that week.

Just don’t.

Armed with these little but powerful information, you can see texting is a powerful weapon in your arsenal but only if you can use it effectively.

Be sure to drop your contributions.

Source: https://randomshek./2016/11/23/13-texting-mistakes-guys-make/
Re: 13 Texting Mistakes Guys Make by Jephz(m): 11:54am On Dec 07, 2016
grin
Re: 13 Texting Mistakes Guys Make by McBrooklyn(m): 11:58am On Dec 07, 2016
Person fit wake up tomorrow morning and the girl you've been busy texting can still reply you with "K", or rather still the girl you're texting because you love her no longer loves you. But a #1000 note will still remain a #1000 note, 1 dollar is now equivalent to about #450... cool

So all I'm trying to say is ==> Who still give a _fuck about ones mistake(s) while texting a lady?? undecided
Re: 13 Texting Mistakes Guys Make by herzern1(m): 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2016

Re: 13 Texting Mistakes Guys Make by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2016
I can't imagine myself reading this newspaper this morning.
Re: 13 Texting Mistakes Guys Make by Raydos: 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2016
i can't come and kill myself because of one girl when my mates are busy making money - bill gates no get two head nah!

can't displease myself just to please any fvcking girl!
Re: 13 Texting Mistakes Guys Make by Emescot(m): 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2016
All this one na story, whether i do all you have written or not, when its my time to marry i will and then i wont bother myself with how am texting the wrong way as i will always go home to my wife, be romantic and we will knack ourselve kpai kpai grin

1 Like

Re: 13 Texting Mistakes Guys Make by LONJITARLE(m): 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2016
Well said bro!!!

1 Like

Re: 13 Texting Mistakes Guys Make by ayesco202(m): 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
Maybe after the recession angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The 2 Beautiful Virgins That Love Me. / Do You Want To Have Attractive And Best Ass Ever? This Read This / I Need A Girl For Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.