Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! (39115 Views)

More Trouble In Buhari Camp: Buhari’s Men Subdue Amaechi, Initiates Probe / Dino Melaye To SARS: "I Will Kill Myself And Put You People In Trouble" / Governor Wike Views Port-Harcourt City From A Helicopter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
grin grin grin grin

One day nah one day something will happen in this NL that will surprise me.

Op have you been to Afam before ?

DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THOSE WHO LIVE CLOSE TO THOSE SHELL FLARE STACKS ARE SUFFERING AND INHALING ALL MANNER OF UNMENTIONABLES.

As far as you'd notice these soothe even when it rains then you must be living in Port Harcourt.

#SayNoToGasFlaring

3 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Ofemmanu1: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2016
Orisirisi in daura regime.

2 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by buffalowings: 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2016
luv2luvu:
You are i wanted to create a tread base on this but thank God yours came. This is what I do remove from my nostrils every morning this is not funny.

Ha
Bleep
That's not healthy o
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by buffalowings: 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:
You are confused instead of you to go out and confirm what is happening and take pictures and videos , you are here opening thread nairalanders should help you. As if what you are scared for nairalanders are not scared for. Smh grin

5 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by DonCortino: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
See my sole, I mop every 2 days.

9 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by shedy03(m): 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
do we have a govt? ministry of environment, health? what are they doing?

3 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by MONITZ: 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:
keep on fooling your self in your village.

Huh, Eranko like u....
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by donnie(m): 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
Yea right, blame it on militants
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by nnemak(m): 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2016

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by donnie(m): 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Are the opinions of 'environmental activists' against Niger Delta militancy now required?

I hope people will now begin to consider the health and environmental effects of oil bunkering, pipeline vandalism and illegal refineries more seriously.

Yea right, blame it on militants
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by teemy(m): 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
Start wearing nose masks. Hope you pay salary to your environmental protection agencies. If so fire them right away!

2 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by FSBoperator: 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
Rucheen:
Maybe Smog

Correct
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by willibounce1(m): 1:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
EmeeNaka:
Afonja people are always first people to condemn Avengers attacking citing destruction of environment of Niger Delta but now, Afonja man is blaming the OP for opening a thread with regard to serious environmental threat. It's clear what the interest of Afonja is in Niger Delta. They just want Oyel.

Flat hea.d illiterate.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by enigma2007(m): 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
That is crazy! Pls lets flag it up to the appropriate authorities.

For people bring politics/ND militancy into this discussion (we need solutions not pointing accusing fingers), the thunder wey go fire you still dey load..
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by x9ja1960: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
Its certainly a result of gas flaring. I noticed it around Woji a while after the Eleme refinery was rehabilitated. I just hope it produces enough product that justifies this destruction of our environment and certainly health as consolation. Nothing is worth giving up the wholesomeness of our environment and health for, both can never be bought!

MrCyril:
TROUBLE IN PORTHARCOURT CITY!!

Please, all PHC resident:
Have you all noticed
that thick black soothes are all over Portharcourt - even inside the homes- the sole of your feet is very black and we inhale quantities everyday.

Early in the morning your cars are all covered with the same thick soothes.

Nobody seem to be saying anything about it.

Please, my people, what is going on? Could it be that a company is messing up the environment so massively and threatening our survival and we don't seem to know and care?

I am worried.

Let's push this until it gets to the appropriate quarters for answers and solutions
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
this is called gaseousonicahhnic it from oil well,it slow danger
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
this is called gaseousonicahhnic it from oil well,it slow danger,leave PH city now
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
talk4free:

My toilet is better than your living room. I can bet your life on it.....naaa don't even bother. You life is worthless too.

hahaha
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by PresidentElect1: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
luv2luvu:
You are i wanted to create a tread base on this but thank God yours came. This is what I do remove from my nostrils every morning this is not funny.

This is serious. Please send to Channels Tv iWitness. They seem to take such information seriously.
The government may not know or do anything if this media houses don't report it.

God bless the Op

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by HopeAtHand: 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
Wow, happy to see this thread on front-page.

I noticed this for over two weeks now.. my guess is the flaring and illegal activities of oil bunkerers.

Wish the relevant environmental agencies can sensitize us on the issue and profer ways to better breathable air for residents of PH.

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Originalsly: 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
@ op... you need to make a few calls... gather a few people... and take your concerns to the highest office in your area. What affects you affects them as well. They should then use their office to find and shut down the source as soon as possible. This must be treated as an emergency. The particles you see you can avoid... but the micro ones are the ones that would enter your lungs and system. It is only a matter of time before some terminal respiratory illnesses begin to show up and then it would be too late. If nothing is being done... the sooner you migrate the longer you would live.
Not knowing the cause.... but I observed that any foreign company coming to open a factory or assembly plant is always welcomed with open arms as development without thinking about the environmental impact. Just saying.

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by olipo: 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:
alert alert!! NAIRALANDERS village boy detected grin grin
nahYou be village boy gan!!
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by basadenet: 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2016
kindly post some pictures to buttress your point.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Brestar(f): 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
So So True! I Thought i was the only one noticing this!
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Rotime1(m): 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
OP I don't know where you stay in pH, but I stay in Elelenwo. When it rained the water is confirmed black. Each morning try to clean your car, it's black. Now ultimately, there is this kind of checking smell that used to ooze out at night. Thanks to Petrochemical eleme (indorama) and nnpc refinery. The more reason people living in PH should often do body detoxification from time to time.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by petnuel(m): 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
This z wat happens wen a wiked Wike z Governor
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by donodion(m): 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
NIMET as at December 3rd had made a declaration of dust particles within our air space.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/nimet-alerts-nigerians-outbreak-dust-48-hrs/
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by CioAngels(f): 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
The authorities (nvironmentalist) should go fact findings in the factories of these Asians and only companies. If is from then, they should be dealt with for deliberately want to kill Nigerians. My fear is that, if it is Not a natural course, our heartless politicians will take bribe to coverup the company. Just thinking so.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by reflx(m): 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
this is so true!
Port Harcourt has the worst air quality i have seen in Nigeria.
so many kids with respiratory illnesses like no other place- even my daughter!phew can't wait to leave this town abeg!
never seen so high a rate of tonsillitis and tonsillectomy in kids--it's remarkably high in Port Harcourt.

2 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by awa(m): 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
This is true because I have equally noticed same thing in my house. The Environmental Protection Agency should look into this issue with aim to educating the masses.

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by lacoach: 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
I live in Rumuigbo area of port Harcourt .This thick and black substance has taken over my house. I have a baby of 8 months who is currently crawling thereby soiling his hands,foot and clothes with this strange substance.

My window net is covered with it too. Am always on my feet every now and there mobbing my floor twice a day in other to keep my kids away from this unknown epidemic.

I want to use this forum to call on Rivers State Government to come to our aid.

I wan

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by onward4life(m): 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
Operation crocodile smile x Python Dance X Black Friday.

Beg Buhari to cleanse the Land of islanders and green landers blood!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. / 36 States Governors Meet President Bola Tinubu In Aso Rock / NLC Calls For Public Holiday Over Postponement Of General Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.