Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! (39119 Views)

More Trouble In Buhari Camp: Buhari’s Men Subdue Amaechi, Initiates Probe / Dino Melaye To SARS: "I Will Kill Myself And Put You People In Trouble" / Governor Wike Views Port-Harcourt City From A Helicopter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by dayleke: 5:17am On Dec 08, 2016
Please try to create an awareness pertaining to this and alerting the necessary authority(ies).
Good luck guys...
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by EmeeNaka: 5:37am On Dec 08, 2016
talk4free:

Congratulations for being the most stupid person on nairaland. What has the op said or done that is wrong in your eyes? I was looking at the black dust I had been noticing for the past week wondering if I was the only one. Then I called people in Woji, elelenwo, transamadi and abuloma and they all confirmed observing same. No one has a clue where its coming from so what video do you expect from the op?

We are talking about a serious environmental hazard here and little kids with fragile lungs are breathing this same soot.

Abeg for people with brains anyone with any idea what's the cause of this? Apparently its been on for months but people are just noticing it now.
The guy you quoted is an Afonja. Whenever Militants blow up pipelines, they will be all over media talking about environment as if they care. Now the real environmental issue has shown up,he is blaming you for complaining.

4 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by EmeeNaka: 5:40am On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:
You are confused instead of you to go out and confirm what is happening and take pictures and videos , you are here opening thread nairalanders should help you. As if what you are scared for nairalanders are not scared for. Smh grin
Afonja people are always first people to condemn Avengers attacking citing destruction of environment of Niger Delta but now, Afonja man is blaming the OP for opening a thread with regard to serious environmental threat. It's clear what the interest of Afonja is in Niger Delta. They just want Oyel.

6 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by dnawah(m): 5:48am On Dec 08, 2016
MrCyril:
TROUBLE IN PORTHARCOURT CITY!!

Please, all PHC resident:
Have you all noticed
that thick black soothes are all over Portharcourt - even inside the homes- the sole of your feet is very black and we inhale quantities everyday.

Early in the morning your cars are all covered with the same thick soothes.

Nobody seem to be saying anything about it.

Please, my people, what is going on? Could it be that a company is messing up the environment so massively and threatening our survival and we don't seem to know and care?

I am worried.

Let's push this until it gets to the appropriate quarters for answers and solutions
that could be as a result of those bombings
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Zendinho(m): 5:57am On Dec 08, 2016
[quote author=yarimo post=51729460]You are confused instead of you to go out and confirm what is happening and take pictures and videos , you are here opening thread nairalanders should help you. As if what you are scared for nairalanders are not scared for. Smh grin[/quote

I think you're the one dats more confused here by undereating the powers of social media in information dissemination...

2 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by BMedia: 5:59am On Dec 08, 2016
EmeeNaka:
The guy you quoted is an Afonja. Whenever Militants blow up pipelines, they will be all over media talking about environment as if they care. Now the real environmental issue has shown up,he is blaming you for complaining.

Why don't you keep supporting the avengers to continue blowing the pipelines? Why are you wailing here?

It seems like you thought blowing your pipelines will affect the average man in Daura or Kano? Because you sound surprised at seeing and breathing the pollution from bombing and bunkering in your backyard.

I think the O.P should direct her question to the nairaland avengers and IPOD for an answer.

19 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by oseiwe(m): 6:01am On Dec 08, 2016
MrCyril:

Have you all noticed
that thick black soothes are all over Portharcourt - even inside the homes- the sole of your feet is very black and we inhale quantities everyday.

Please, my people, what is going on? Could it be that a company is messing up the environment so massively and threatening our survival and we don't seem to know and care?

I am worried.

Let's push this until it gets to the appropriate quarters for answers and solutions
the soot is actually from the gas flare at the refinery, the fire is looking thicker nowadays and its mixing with the harmattan air, same thing happens at ekpan in warri.

3 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by ahamonyeka(m): 6:03am On Dec 08, 2016
You didn't snap it for us to see what the black soothe looks like.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by EmeeNaka: 6:06am On Dec 08, 2016
BMedia:

Why don't you keep supporting the avengers to continue blowing the pipelines? Why are you wailing here?

It seems like you thought blowing your pipelines will affect the average man in Daura or Kano? Because you sound surprised at seeing and breathing the pollution from bombing and bunkering in your backyard. it's not pipeline destructions that caused this one. It's possibly a case of gas flaring. It's you 'environmentalists'/Oyelists who has suddenly kept mute or trying to blame the Op that has question to answer.

I think the O.P should direct her question to the nairaland avengers for an answer.
The soot is possibly from gas flaring but you 'environmentalist'/Oyelists that has suddenly kept mute or trying to blame the Op has case to answer

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by mu2sa2: 6:11am On Dec 08, 2016
Very good observation. For every action there is a reaction!
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Omudia11: 6:16am On Dec 08, 2016
Also noticed it days ago.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by EazyMoh(m): 6:18am On Dec 08, 2016
I noticed the same thing in Apapa Lagos, even my forehead sweat is and nails has that soft black thing after staying long outside. The feet is the main culprit as well.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by jumobi1(m): 6:21am On Dec 08, 2016
I shed tears for Nigerians sometimes. We are cursed with clueless leaders. The soot is probably as a result of oil companies, illegal refineries, militants blowing pipelines and the government clumsily blowing up illegal oil barges.

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by BMedia: 6:23am On Dec 08, 2016
EmeeNaka:
The soot is possibly from gas flaring but you 'environmentalist'/Oyelists that has suddenly kept mute or trying to blame the Op has case to answer

Nobody is mute except you militant supporters, we are directing the O.P to nairaland avengers and IPOD for the answer.

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by erocorp01: 6:30am On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:
Silly kid keep on asking stupid question,don't go out and confirm what is happening. Keep on sitting in your dirty toilet and to be posting idiotic comments grin
I hate really stupid ppl like u...u dnt kw wen to be serus n contribute positively to smtin...just pass in u must not comment n show high level of stupidity..evrytin is not fun..I tink dia shd b a test n age for handling fones. Not evry1 deserves to hv data n fones...yarimo ur a complete fool. No hope of help.

9 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by martyns303(m): 7:33am On Dec 08, 2016
MrCyril:

Have you all noticed

I am worried.

I thought I was crazy, I suffer from nasal inflamation due to exposure to severe cold. I blow my nose a bit often and I see black stuffs mixed with "catarh". I don't smoke.

Also the dry line (rope we dry things), when I spread whites without first cleaning the rope, I'll find black stains lined up on the clothes...

I believe it has to do with all these illegal refinaries around PH...

2 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by emmalexabl(m): 8:15am On Dec 08, 2016
There is serious environmental pollution ongoing in that axis...
I noticed the black sooth inside my nostrils on waking up each morning and then my whole net covered with same.
I dismantled my nets and washed them all.. ,viola the soothes were back injust 3 days.
I have reported to pix centre diagnostic for an x-ray of my chest and was told my chest is clinically clear.
Am still scared because with constant deposition of that in my airway.,it might lead to chronic airway disease in future.

Prevention they say is better than cure., i have left portharcourt for the mean time till am sure my health safety is guaranteed.. .

7 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by samfuntua: 8:39am On Dec 08, 2016
the pollution is causing different kind of sicknesses all over the city.
Apollo, sore throat, cough and Catarrh.
Goverment should do something urgently.

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by martyns303(m): 8:48am On Dec 08, 2016
Lalasticlala the rest of the world may want to hear this, PH is unsafe tnx to gas flare....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by EternalTruths: 8:55am On Dec 08, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Are the opinions of 'environmental activists' against Niger Delta militancy now required?

I hope people will now begin to consider the health and environmental effects of oil bunkering, pipeline vandalism and illegal refineries more seriously.
mu2sa2:
Very good observation. For every action there is a reaction!

Environmental illiterates. Stop oil exploration and seek for cleaner source of energy to save the planet cool

3 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by TheTrueSeeker: 9:01am On Dec 08, 2016
Wow...!!! My wife kept accusing me of always stepping on a black dust each time i walk around the house even with my foot-wear on and often refuse me from going on the bed except she scrubs my feet first. We recently discovered hers were getting black too.

Our very bright colored foot-wears are now turning black even when we only use them on the floor tiles in the house.

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Tunami(m): 9:10am On Dec 08, 2016
Mehn, i thought it was only me that is experiencing this black stuff of a thing. Thank God it's now on Nairaland. Lalasticlala please come take this thread to the permanent site.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by amaboy06(m): 9:43am On Dec 08, 2016
Waoh nd my mum is always saying we dont keep d kitchen neat lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by muyitech: 9:52am On Dec 08, 2016
diz is front page information. Plz do d needful

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 08, 2016
Hmmm...and i will be going to ph on next monday!!! Government should do something about it ASAP!
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by ukenke: 10:50am On Dec 08, 2016
I live in Woji and have been noticing the same thing. I suspect this could be the impact of the so-called illegal refineries aka 'kpo-fire'. I am worried about the implication of this on respiratory health.

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by mayorchelsea(m): 10:50am On Dec 08, 2016
For me,I can't seem to think of any better source of this other than the environmental effect of vandalism and illegal refineries.When those with an idea of the effects of these actions in the long run spoke,they were labelled Afonjas and all sorts of names but now they are calling on the government for action/help.You can't eat your cake and have it.

10 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by yarimo(m): 11:14am On Dec 08, 2016
erocorp01:

I hate really stupid ppl like u...u dnt kw wen to be serus n contribute positively to smtin...just pass in u must not comment n show high level of stupidity..evrytin is not fun..I tink dia shd b a test n age for handling fones. Not evry1 deserves to hv data n fones...yarimo ur a complete fool. No hope of help.
hahahahahahhahahahahaha please don't kill me with laugh abeg grin. A fool always no his fellow FOOl
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by yarimo(m): 11:16am On Dec 08, 2016
[quote author=Zendinho post=51731687][/quote]that is why I advise him to go out and get some pictures and videos, so that social media can help him out.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by yarimo(m): 11:20am On Dec 08, 2016
nabiz:
... are you alright at all? I think the moderator should start screening people before allowing the to join nairalaand
from your comments it shows you are just been discharge from YABA LEFT hospital abi? grin
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by yarimo(m): 11:21am On Dec 08, 2016
MONITZ:

Who is this simpleton, eh... ??
keep on fooling your self in your village.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Time To Call Out Osinbajo By Yinka Odumakin / CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin / Dino Melaye Holds A Protest Against Yahaya Bello Led Kogi Government (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.