Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) (44761 Views)

APIN: Kano Footwear Factory That Produces 1.2 Million Pairs Daily / CBN Ban On OMO Threatens N9.4 Trillion Pension Investment Returns / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by thesicilian: 2:51pm On Dec 08, 2016
Malakh:
I understand that he was trying to ridicule him by saying young man but not all young men are stupid/ignorant, wisest man on earth was a young man,Scriptures says great(aged) men are not always wise but the inspiration of the Most High gives men wisdom,I'm a young man and proud of it I can teach a lot of aged people wisdom, this is why wisdom is revealed to babes(young men)

Yeah, you're right. Truth be told, he had a valid point to pass across, just that his tone was not too okay. Most times I refrain from making comments on Nairaland because no matter what you say, there will always be one high handed person somewhere who'll quote you out of context and then go on to insult you in addition, before stating his own opinion, if he has one or remembers to.
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by thesicilian: 2:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
muykem:
You don't consider price alone. The rice is locally produced hence employment opportunities for our teaming youth.
Yeah, true
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by whyx06(m): 3:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
fiizznation:
Young man, we are talking about sincere diversification here. At least we are seeing how nigerians are producing what they will consume and not the other way round. The price will definitely be slashed in the long run, this I'm very sure of.

My brother, nothing goes down in Nigeria... Hope ure living in Ghana?
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
fiizznation:
[s]This is nice. Nobody operates a mono economy in this "capitalist" world anymore. If only the evil empire called pdp didn't waste 16yrs doing nothing, Nigeria would have definitely made tremendous progress in agriculture, housing, education, health etc. But what did we get during pdp's era of corruption and impunity, NOTHING.

PDP pushed the country into recession, they gave us gigantic poverty and terrorism, and the thieves still have the nerves to point their leprosy inflicted fingers at APC. Anyway Nigerians will surely be grateful for making the right decision, the decision of voting for positive change, the decision of putting nigeria on the right track, the decision of sending those pdp penrobbers back to where they rightly belong[/s]
Trash. APC and PDP are the same -- maybe APC is/will be a little worse.
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by zheroes(m): 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
Ephyartz:
Most of us in Ibadan won't even buy this rice. Its gonna be hard to convince all the market women in bodija to buy loads of this rice for this price, when imported rice that everybody trusts is #17,000. When golden penny noodles came newly it was sold for #25 against #35 of noodles. So we gave it a try coz it was cheap and we saw it was good. This is a welcomed development but trust me even if this rice is being imported and bagged here people won't buy much for that price bcoz its a bit higher than the one we already used to. Now that they claim its locally made, hmmmm....
going by your point we have a phobia or disdain for local content or home made, then we shouldn't complain about recession because we made it by our actions.
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hmmm?
University producing rice
GMO on ma mind
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by Adonkia(m): 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
stobery:
Nonsense, what will make a 50kg bag of local rice to cost 19k?

Are they also buying dollar from the BDC?
have you tried farming one hectare to know the cost?
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by olurotimi1: 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
ebosie11:
According to multiple online sources,Faculty of Agriculture,University of Ibadan has ventured into rice production.A 10kg bag of the rice costs N4000 while a 25kg bag costs N9,500.

I must commend UI for this wonderful feat.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/university-of-ibadan-ventures-into-rice.html
This is a true University. This should be their number one assignment in our country not only UI. We need more universities.
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by igorekpengmail: 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
ebosie11:
According to multiple online sources,Faculty of Agriculture,University of Ibadan has ventured into rice production.A 10kg bag of the rice costs N4000 while a 25kg bag costs N9,500.

I must commend UI for this wonderful feat.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/university-of-ibadan-ventures-into-rice.html

Is this rice production or rice rebagging?
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
the just couldnt come up with a nice brand name. what's uishopwel?
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by Rufai1314(m): 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
Highly commendable, if Nigeria university can not help in technology and other sector, I think they should be productive in term of food production and agriculture.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by happney65: 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2016
Petra is a known APC stalwart..She is doing the Job of her Boss..Until when I see it at the Market before I believe it..

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by ceejay4real(m): 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
stobery:

They didn't enjoy Economies of scale while producing it cos I am very sure they didn't really mass produce it if you know what I mean. So just praise their efforts and be grateful. 50kg bag should go for btw 17 & 18k from my own permutation, guess the price is not that bad. What we should be really worried about is the quality. Cos no be every rice na rice ooh!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by Ephyartz: 4:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
zheroes:
going by your point we have a phobia or disdain for local content or home made, then we shouldn't complain about recession because we made it by our actions.
Not really, we just go for d economical stuffs.
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by Adesiji77: 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2016
Really? Will be on the lookout for the rice...
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
stobery:

Growing Rice is not above nor beneath you. And it is not rocket science either. After harvesting your own rice, you can sell 50kg for 5k or better still distribute it for free.
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by stobery(m): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
deji15:

Growing Rice is not above nor beneath you. And it is not rocket science either. After harvesting your own rice, you can sell 50kg for 5k or better still distribute it for free.

Sharap smallie
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
stobery:

Sharap smallie

You lack manners and lack home training too. What part of the country are you from?
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by 4nobody4every1: 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
fiizznation:
This is nice. Nobody operates a mono economy in this "capitalist" world anymore. If only the evil empire called pdp didn't waste 16yrs doing nothing, Nigeria would have definitely made tremendous progress in agriculture, housing, education, health etc. But what did we get during pdp's era of corruption and impunity, NOTHING.

PDP pushed the country into recession, they gave us gigantic poverty and terrorism, and the thieves still have the nerves to point their leprosy inflicted fingers at APC. Anyway Nigerians will surely be grateful for making the right decision, the decision of voting for positive change, the decision of putting nigeria on the right track, the decision of sending those pdp penrobbers back to where they rightly belong
Gbam tongue

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by ogundeleai(m): 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
Where is their farm in entire length and breath of Oyo state.. Perhaps they bought Thailand rice in large quantities and re bag with UI inscription
.. What am sure they are producing is sachet or pure water from dug borehole.. I sight their vehicle along Bodija axis few days back.. Hope that's not part of research in universities many
Are clamouring..
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by stobery(m): 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
deji15:

You lack manners and lack home training too. What part of the country are you from?

Mttcheew.. Kid!
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by seenter84: 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nike rice
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by redsun(m): 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2016
I don't think nike will be happy with the much sort after logo displayed on those bags. Or did they financed the project?
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2016
stobery:

Mttcheew.. Kid!

419 Alert!!!! Your signature : Invest 6k and make 30k in one week. So ogun di ogoji. Omo Jaguda.
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by get2abbey(m): 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
Notice how a particular tribe is not happy about this development because it is from SW. undecided
Bad belle na him go kill una
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by Collins87: 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
Where is UAM?
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by adeizza(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2016
This beautiful, buhari really dealt with laziness, we can do better with time. But ma una Nigeria sah chop am oo
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by tee4naija(m): 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
I am quite sure there is a sort of misinformation here concerning the prices quoted. I hope UI will come out to clear the air on this soon.
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by tee4naija(m): 8:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
ogundeleai:
Where is their farm in entire length and breath of Oyo state.. Perhaps they bought Thailand rice in large quantities and re bag with UI inscription
.. What am sure they are producing is sachet or pure water from dug borehole.. I sight their vehicle along Bodija axis few days back.. Hope that's not part of research in universities many
Are clamouring..
Is this out of hatred or envy? Why dont u walk into ui and ask for the farm. Every student in the faculty of agric has a portion on the demonstration farm.
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by BALLOSKI: 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
stobery:

local rice is better than the foreign plastic rice you buy.
Re: University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) by shamson: 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2016
We are gradually on the path to self sufficient

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Real Online Business Opportunities You Can Start With 5000 Naira / Reno Omokri: Dangote Was 25th Richest Person On Earth, Why He Dropped To 117th / 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.