Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils (12649 Views)

UK Seeks Clarification About Nnamdi Kanu’s Status, Whereabouts From FG / Fayose Receives N4.7bn Paris Club Fund From FG / 12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Kennykenty(m): 10:45am On Dec 09, 2016
This program was tailor and reasonable for northern part of Nigeria. Parent in east, west & south fed thier ward very well and need not wait for anybody including the government to do that for them... In summary, our children here are not almajiri.
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Charly68: 10:49am On Dec 09, 2016
If the money is judiciously utilised it will rejigg the state economy by adding values to the local Market. Now the real change has started we shall begin to see the manifestation very soon in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by freshboi88: 10:50am On Dec 09, 2016
mildteddy:

Are you alright?
This is one of the reasons why Nigeria is backward. What is wrong in that? 8 -9 years olds build apps in developed countries... You may want to twist his statement however you like but any reasonable person will get the point.

If our government really want to help these kids, they should empower the parents to do that themselves.

And u build apps n a scientific lab.... Y u no want gree get sense nah......... Are u not the pple calling them all promises cancelled, now they r fulfilling their promise u r here talking rubbish about lab.

When they were campaigning did you hear them say they would build scientific lab n a primary school of all places.... The labs we have in our secondary schools, is tht one not enough.

They won the election with these promises, so what is ur problem..... U guys say there's hunger everywhere and people r dying of hunger.... Govt is providing food to children, u r talking of scientific lab.......... Shey nah scientific lab who hunger dey mama go chop abi...abeg criticize constructively...... Building a scientific lab n a primary school..... For kids who can't wait till break time to go and play outside.......... Misplaced priority

1 Like

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 09, 2016
freshboi88:

My friend quiet, u complain there's hunger n d land, that pple r dying, u say they r not fulfilling their campaign promises, wen dey were campaigning did they tell u they would build scientific lab n primary school......

People have not eaten u r talking about scientific lab, if hunger kills d people who wud use d scientific lab.... Will Soyinka was right when he said he can't stay mad same country
filled with imbeciles............

U a waste of sperm. Who told u people cnnot eat. Who told u those kids number one problem is food as far as their education is concerned. If u are dying of hunger, how does that translate to everybody. Fooollĺlllll..........

The schools feeding program, govt has made it a priority to use home grown products, what that means is more market for our local products which wud encourage more pple to go into agriculture, because govt will spend alot buying these items to sustain it's program............ Is tht not the enabling environment for agriculture to thrive Tht we have been talking about.... The problem with Nigeria is tht there are too many uneducated graduates, who can't identify an opportunity when they see one.

You want to build a scientific lab n a primary school........no one is saying its a bad idea, it's a misplaced priority.
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by harveyspec: 11:14am On Dec 09, 2016
Aufbauh:

So you'd prefer school library and scientific laboratory to the feeding of school children?
A hungry stomach can not comprehend a line in the book.
Besides the APC led FG is only responding to their campaign promise.

most of those kids will eat from home & take one or 2 snacks or food to school. parents complain of poor quality of education ranging frm inadequate/lack of qualified teachers, no conducive enviroment for learning, no books, lab, library etc

I am yet to hear a parent complain of food.

you want to feed a child who sits on the floor to recieve class or sits uncomfortably with 6 pupils in a bench etc

you value this over a conducive learning enviroment
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Lilimax(f): 11:19am On Dec 09, 2016
mapet:

@robay1,

There are some things you simply ignore, especially postures from fake and inferiority-"complexed" people who give themselves away in wanting to show the exact opposite of who they are
You've been noticed okay smiley
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Lilimax(f): 11:21am On Dec 09, 2016
greatiyk4u:

how many Anambra school children from a home that feeds well are in the public school?

this is one of their campaign promises and that is why they are executing it......[/b]all promises about to be fulfilled
They should kick start with an APC state that voted for them and not Anambra state embarassed[b]
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by toby2(m): 11:35am On Dec 09, 2016
mapet:

Talk about Nigerians and being difficult to please............. in one breadth you shout "There is hunger in the land", now government is feeding school children, you ask " is this the most important thing?"........

Pray tell, what better way to put the money into good use? I hope you know that it has been scientifically and medically proven that hungry children cannot assimilate NADA!!!!
as if we both dont knw how its gonna play out. SMH for u
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by greatiyk4u(m): 11:37am On Dec 09, 2016
Lilimax:
They should kick start with an APC state that voted for them and not Anambra state embarassed[b][/b]

starting with Anambra will boast the chances of Onwa Chris Ngige in the forth coming Huber election in the state

any other question?

1 Like

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by tit(f): 11:45am On Dec 09, 2016
Buharo want to poison anambra childrens.
If they eat this food ehen, na so so sickness them go carry this december
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
mapet:

He complained of funding challenges...... shiit happens!!!
So what are we saying? Are we not saying the same thing?
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by mildteddy(m): 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
freshboi88:

And u build apps n a scientific lab.... Y u no want gree get sense nah......... Are u not the pple calling them all promises cancelled, now they r fulfilling their promise u r here talking rubbish about lab.

When they were campaigning did you hear them say they would build scientific lab n a primary school of all places.... The labs we have in our secondary schools, is tht one not enough.

They won the election with these promises, so what is ur problem..... U guys say there's hunger everywhere and people r dying of hunger.... Govt is providing food to children, u r talking of scientific lab.......... Shey nah scientific lab who hunger dey mama go chop abi...abeg criticize constructively...... Building a scientific lab n a primary school..... For kids who can't wait till break time to go and play outside.......... Misplaced priority

You haven't got the point have you?
It's alright. I'll break it down for you.
I'm going to assume that this is not a propaganda and that the FG will feed the kids like they said. With that assumption in mind, the main point of the argument of the person you qouted is that there are otherbetter things that could be done with that fund other than feeding the children. For instance:
Free/subsidised books (notebooks and excercise)
Free/subsidised sandals and school uniform
Better school facilities/learning environment (classroom, drinking water source, lavatory, laboratories, etc)
and so on.
How sustenable is this feeding program given the state of our economy right now. How long will the FG continue feeding "the hungry kids". From my perspective, it's a misplaced priority.

If the government provides enabling facilities for this kids to explore their talents, the government will not need to feed anybody, (I mean look at Emmanuella - the comedienne kid).

What if they're provided with a computer lab. and we discover the Nigerian Mark Zuck had been with us all along and all he was looking for was a computer to unleash life saving apps?
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by spartacus11(m): 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2016
kissGuys:
its true ...my aunt was selected
this is good.
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by mapet: 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2016
asuustrike2009:

So what are we saying? Are we not saying the same thing?

We definitely not. That the programme had problem and suspended does not invalidate the value of the programme, neither does it not mean it won't be continued when the factors are right. The FG's scheme will actually fill in the gap and when Kaduna state govt are ready will continue theirs.
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by mapet: 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
Lilimax:
You've been noticed okay smiley

Hopefully by my natural self and not by "forming"
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by freshboi88: 8:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
mildteddy:

You haven't got the point have you?
It's alright. I'll break it down for you.
I'm going to assume that this is not a propaganda and that the FG will feed the kids like they said. With that assumption in mind, the main point of the argument of the person you qouted is that there are otherbetter things that could be done with that fund other than feeding the children. For instance:
Free/subsidised books (notebooks and excercise)
Free/subsidised sandals and school uniform
Better school facilities/learning environment (classroom, drinking water source, lavatory, laboratories, etc)
and so on.
How sustenable is this feeding program given the state of our economy right now. How long will the FG continue feeding "the hungry kids". From my perspective, it's a misplaced priority.

If the government provides enabling facilities for this kids to explore their talents, the government will not need to feed anybody, (I mean look at Emmanuella - the comedienne kid).

What if they're provided with a computer lab. and we discover the Nigerian Mark Zuck had been with us all along and all he was looking for was a computer to unleash life saving apps?

It was their campaign promise.........y didnt u fault it den, have u not been d one saying they should fulfil their promises so on that premise what u saying is not making sense.

So if u do all dese and children come to school with an empty stomach, those things would be wasted cos no one learns with an empty stomach

1 Like

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by mikaelzX(m): 7:53am On Dec 10, 2016
RollingStones:
Take this feeding program to the North.
Anambra are not hungry nd beggars.
later you will complain; why always North?'
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by mikaelzX(m): 7:55am On Dec 10, 2016
Kennykenty:
This program was tailor and reasonable for northern part of Nigeria. Parent in east, west & south fed thier ward very well and need not wait for anybody including the government to do that for them... In summary, our children here are not almajiri.
And you'd later fume, why always North?!
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by mildteddy(m): 10:14am On Dec 10, 2016
freshboi88:

It was their campaign promise.........y didnt u fault it den, have u not been d one saying they should fulfil their promises so on that premise what u saying is not making sense.

So if u do all dese and children come to school with an empty stomach, those things would be wasted cos no one learns with an empty stomach

I critisized it then as much as I do now. Even if I did not and I am now it is still not out of place.
This is just one out of many unreasonable promises they made... If they want to start fulfilling them, they could start by making 1 dollar equal to 1naira. I can bet my last kobo that if the FG does that, they will not have to feed anybody at all.

About the "empty stomach" thing, I can remember times as a kid when I watched movies and played games (video and outdoor) from morning to night, without thinking of food nor having any... If education is made that interesting, I don't see it not being the same for the kids.
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by toby2(m): 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2016
mildteddy:

I critisized it then as much as I do now. Even if I did not and I am now it is still not out of place.
This is just one out of many unreasonable promises they made... If they want to start fulfilling them, they could start by making 1 dollar equal to 1naira. I can bet my last kobo that if the FG does that, they will not have to feed anybody at all.

About the "empty stomach" thing, I can remember times as a kid when I watched movies and played games (video and outdoor) from morning to night, without thinking of food nor having any... If education is made that interesting, I don't see it not being the same for the kids.
Don't mind the niccur, that same money will empower some parents for various businesses, they'll be able to feed em families. Teach a man how to fish and he'll forever be grateful.
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by freshboi88: 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2016
mildteddy:

Guess what??..... I didn't read ur comment!!!..... I know it sucks

1 Like

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by mildteddy(m): 12:06am On Dec 11, 2016
freshboi88:

Guess what??..... I didn't read ur comment!!!..... I know it sucks

cheesy cheesy

Naah... You didn't read it because you already got my point.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

21,084 police officers, 3 helicopters for Anambra governorship election / NPA Commissions Simulation Facility In Lagos, Saves $1m Yearly / Sowore Drags Nigerian Police To Court Over Attack, Assault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.