Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils (12685 Views)

UK Seeks Clarification About Nnamdi Kanu’s Status, Whereabouts From FG / Fayose Receives N4.7bn Paris Club Fund From FG / 12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:52am On Dec 09, 2016
The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande, disclosed this in a statement today, saying the programme would last till the end of the current school term.
The school term that will end next week?
This is one campaign promise we can forgive APC if not implemented because the logistics will take up most of the time to be used in learning and for how long can they sustain the program? Or is this a way to compensate APC member 'cooks'.
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Evergreen4(m): 7:52am On Dec 09, 2016
54 million to feed more than 7,000 pupils. And federal govt allocates more than 3 billion for feeding the presidency alone .

God is watching
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Lilimax(f): 7:54am On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=Peroti post=51763485]APC/Buhari already campaigning for Ngige

Who told You that Anambra Pupils need food?
[quote]
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by peteruapata: 7:55am On Dec 09, 2016
PapaBrowne:
All these unsustainable social policies that add little impact to the intellectual capacity of a child.

Most children in the South are well nourished. There are better ways to execute social welfare that providing food for school kids.

And what about those children in the North who are not well nourished and if the Southern state are exempted now, you be the first person to start shouting marginalization .Kindly tell us more better ways to execute social welfare ,if you are to be the adviser to President .

2 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by ayodotcom(m): 7:57am On Dec 09, 2016
DerideGull:

Bros sometimes I wonder if Nigeria has any reasonable person in a leadership position. The schools do not have any library or scientific laboratory yet these jackasses only worry about food. I guess the kids will be all foods no brains.

Read what you just wrote carefully again, u just made no sense. This is part of APC promise and if they had failed to fulfill it, illiterate zombies like u, would come online and start spewing trash

3 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by loomer: 7:57am On Dec 09, 2016
I just dey laugh
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Mdik: 7:57am On Dec 09, 2016
Dear Mr. President sir, the last time I checked, feeding school children is the least of the problems we have in Anambra State. Just build industries where our children can work after school, keep your food.

3 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by mightyhazell: 7:57am On Dec 09, 2016
Why don't I like this idea of giving free food 2 pupils?

Y not gv dem free textbooks if at all u want 2 gv out ssth free. There is this loss of dignity dat coms with giving sb food for free. That is why I seldom eat at receptions and gatherings,no matter how good and enticing the food is.

I prefer vocational or even recreational centres be set up for kids rather dan serving dem 'free food' like beggars abeg!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Mom007(f): 7:58am On Dec 09, 2016
It baffles me whenever I hear government say they want to feed school kids! For crying out loud, which parent let's their kids go to school without food and even snacks except in really bad situations? Instead of concentrating on Improving the quality of education, they are looking for projects that are hard to monitor which they can embezzle from.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Orikinla(m): 7:58am On Dec 09, 2016
luvinhubby:
Commendable, hope the money will not be diverted.
Imagine giving dogs meat to share to puppies.
Only the leftovers will be given to the school pupils.

1 Like

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by peteruapata: 7:58am On Dec 09, 2016
Peroti:
APC/Buhari already campaigning for Ngige

Who told You that Anambra Pupils need food?
Useless govt.

And if your state is exempted now, you will be the first person to start shouting marginalization.,IPOB youth nawa o !

2 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Orikinla(m): 7:59am On Dec 09, 2016
Mom007:
It baffles me whenever I hear government say they want to feed school kids! For crying out loud, which parent let's their kids go to school without food and even snacks except in really bad situations? Instead of concentrating on Improving the quality of education, they are looking for projects that are hard to monitor which they can embezzle from.
Finis.

It is an avenue for the misappropriations of revenue allocations.

1 Like

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by london4luv: 8:03am On Dec 09, 2016
Walahi nigeria is a big disgrace how can u feed kids when all they need is good governance and free education, and the money won't be used they will divert it to their pocket... Just wait in few weeks u will hear some shit abt the money... When will africa learn,, this is why africa can never ever grow bcoz they are backward

1 Like

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by robay1(m): 8:03am On Dec 09, 2016
Lilimax:
Why must they start from Anambra state undecided
An average Anambra home feeds their children very well before going to school?
We don't need such in Anambra state rather equip their school libraries.
Not until I came to Lagos that I saw kids being given 20 naira to buy food in school embarassed

When my mama go don wake up very early to prepare breakfast and lunch for all of us before going to work smiley
and wot are u trying to insulate U people talk as if their is no poor people in ur region and na lie,no be because of hunger wey don wire the lady that wanted to sell her three children for money yesterday ? For enugu.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by peteruapata: 8:04am On Dec 09, 2016
Mom007:

Bros are you from the moon, do you how many kids in the North that their parents can't afford to feed talk less of sending them to school? did you know how the number of enrollment of pupils greatly increased with just a test run in Kaduna state and if your state is exempted now you will be the first person to start shouting marginalization....

5 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Lilimax(f): 8:05am On Dec 09, 2016
robay1:
and wot are u trying to insulate U people talk as if their is no poor people in ur region and na lie,no be because of hunger wey don wire the lady that wanted to sell her three children for money yesterday ? For enugu.

Nonsense.
Bros, don't take it personal nah.
What are you trying to insulate conduct too? tongue

My comment, my thought embarassed
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by kayo80(m): 8:14am On Dec 09, 2016
modath:

Some folks who are hell bent on being negative negroes keep yapping about libraries & labs... For elementary school children in PUBLICLY funded schools!!! gerrarhia with the bad belle & hypocrisy!!

Most of these kids would not have even been enrolled in such schools if their parents could afford to feed them well, let alone send them to fee paying elementary schools..... This will have them be in school, it's something to look forward to.. I know children, no matter the status, their lunch box/pack is something they all look forward to..

There are thousands of things to knock this (insert here) government that is turning out to be "something else" for ... this is not one of them!! Sorry look under the rock of negativity if the next executive faux pas doesn't do it for y'all!! cool

Thank you jare! Some people sef!

2 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by rusher14: 8:14am On Dec 09, 2016
DerideGull:

Bros sometimes I wonder if Nigeria has any reasonable person in a leadership position. The schools do not have any library or scientific laboratory yet these jackasses only worry about food. I guess the kids will be all foods no brains.

It'll be nice to know what kind of experiments you are expecting from the primary school pupils especially those in primary one.

3 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by MeAboki(m): 8:18am On Dec 09, 2016
RollingStones:
Take this feeding program to the North.
Anambra are not hungry nd beggars.

I support you; but also know that if they should have taken it to the north only; you would likely be among those shouting marginalisation - children of hate will always hate for any reason.

3 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by koboko69: 8:19am On Dec 09, 2016
modath:

Some folks who are hell bent on being negative negroes keep yapping about libraries & labs... For elementary school children in PUBLICLY funded schools!!! gerrarhia with the bad belle & hypocrisy!!

Most of these kids would not have even been enrolled in such schools if their parents could afford to feed them well, let alone send them to fee paying elementary schools..... This will have them be in school, it's something to look forward to.. I know children, no matter the status, their lunch box/pack is something they all look forward to..

There are thousands of things to knock this (insert here) government that is turning out to be "something else" for ... this is not one of them!! Sorry look under the rock of negativity if the next executive faux pas doesn't do it for y'all!! cool

Many of these kids in these schools get nothing for feeding in.sch or b/w 10-50naira. U see them in canteens buying beans 30naira or rice 50naira. No meat, nothing. And one useless clown ia talking about science laboratories in elementary schs.

3 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by riczy(m): 8:20am On Dec 09, 2016
Anoda food for wailers!wat a direction less govt, is that the problem, run a food bank if u so desire. Wat an Unsustainable policy!!!
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by kayo80(m): 8:20am On Dec 09, 2016
Mom007:

You sit in your fancy home and talk about things you know little about. I bet you are still under your parents and don't know how harsh it is for some people.

2 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by room089: 8:22am On Dec 09, 2016
I have some little worries over this exercise:

1. The money must surely be diverted; if not wholly, then partly.

2. Who can vouch for the authenticity and regularity of this programme?

3. What measures have been put in place to monitor how these foods are prepared? And how effective would these measures be seeing that everything in this good country can always be compromised?

In my opinion, I suggest that instead of this food, total free education should be put in place.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by kayo80(m): 8:23am On Dec 09, 2016
koboko69:

Many of these kids in these schools get nothing for feeding in.sch or b/w 10-50naira. U see them in canteens buying beans 30naira or rice 50naira. No meat, nothing. And one useless clown ia talking about science laboratories in elementary schs.

Don't mind them.
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by matrixme(m): 8:27am On Dec 09, 2016
I just pity the poor kids that will be recipients of this gesture. The food will be starved of taste and essential ingredients. If you've ever eaten NYSC food, you will know better.
Also, most of them might not get to eat afternoon food again, as it would be an excuse for their parents that they've been fed earlier.
I think the government should help them by NOT helping them with this program.
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by desmond2pk: 8:29am On Dec 09, 2016
They are using the east as gunnea pig. They can't start in the north because of lack of cooks.
Make no mistakes, all the cooks that participated in anambra will be transferred to kastina next year, to kick start the feeding programme.
The north is backward in everything but corruption.
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by obiageIi(f): 8:31am On Dec 09, 2016
God bless any government that feeds its kids

1 Like

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by obiageIi(f): 8:32am On Dec 09, 2016
desmond2pk:
They are using the east as gunnea pig. They can't start in the north because of lack of cooks.
Make no mistakes, all the cooks that participated in anambra will be transferred to kastina next year, to kick start the feeding programme.
Later you will cry of marginalization

3 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 09, 2016
We all the know the amount that was release to feed NYSC and the quality of food that came out in the end. This is a waste of time and resource to me. We know the cooks would take their own share which would obviously be the remnants of the 53 million after the state govt, local govt an school principal must have taken theirs.

With a corrupt system such as nigeria, they expect the money to be properly accounted for. Well it's the kids I feel for who will go home with diarrhoea.
How much does the president use to feed in a year? 54 million to feed 1050 schools. angry
There is a law that say the amount of energy going into a process should be the same amount of energy coming out from the process but since there's no such thing as a perfect system, there a little amount of energy lost along the line in the process but in Nigeria, the amount lost along the line is too much.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by IamISRAEL(m): 8:41am On Dec 09, 2016
those flat headed lost tribe of Israel need to be fed
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by IamISRAEL(m): 8:42am On Dec 09, 2016
desmond2pk:

I weep for you!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supplementary Elections: PDP Criticises Buhari On Neutrality Statement / Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari Sacked Two Ministers To Cover Up Failures / "Air Nigeria" Is A Flying Coffin, Former Executive Director Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.