Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,049 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:36 PM

Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage (37170 Views)

Houses Burnt In Naka, Benue By Men In Military Camouflage (Photos) / The Section 419 Of Nigeria Criminal Code Law. Police Should Stop Intimidation / Fayose Is Challenging Buhari’s Authority By Wearing Military Camouflage- APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
no go try quote dis law for army man cos na gutter u go end up
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by advocatebaba(m): 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
Heffalump:

Guy, but don't you think that Gov. Fayose wore the military uniform to a wrong place? Dressing in military camouflage to present the year's budget to the State Assembly is out of place. We all know he has immunity covered by law, but what was he trying to prove? This is best known to him alone.
If he had worn it to a miltary function or visited a military formation, then nobody will frown at that. This is akin to doing the right thing at the wrong time. undecided
GO AND SUE HIM OR HIRE MILITARY JUNTAS TO DEAL WIT HIM INSTEAD OF WASTING UR TIME HERE BLABBING.
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by FEGNO: 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
IF A GOVERNOR IS ALLOWED UNDER THIS ACT THE POWER TO GIVE PERMISSION THEN IT FOLLOWS THAT THE GOVERNOR CAN AND INDEED IS ALLOWED TO WEAR IT AS IT IS WITHIN HIS POWER. WONDER THN WHAT ALL THE WAHALA IS. AND BY THE WAY HAS HE NOT STATED THAT BUHARI CAN WEAR WHATEVER HE SO WANTS ON THE PRESENTATION OF THE BUDGET TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY? WHERE THEN IS TH PROBLEM IN ALL THIS?
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by maxzzo1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
Fools becos fayose worn caumo is an issue what wil u guyx abt musicians Bad belle pple
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by Aburi001: 5:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
koboko69:
The President is the commander in Chief of Armed forces hence at liberty to wear on the military uniform to specific functions.

Wearing of military camouflage to present budget to the state Assembly in a democratic dispensation is provoking the law and pushing the immunity clause too far.

Should Buhari do the same, the social media and country would have been on fire telling us we are back in military era. But the hypocritical wailing dundees will never see anything wrong as long as its one of their adopted criminals that is perpetuating the act. It is well with Nigeria

For those who are quick to make comparisons with USA and some developed countries. No law banning such there, but their are laws banming such in Nigeria and some other countries.

If u are not ok with that, u can move to those countries and dress as u like
Fayose is enjoying his IMMUNITY to the fullest. grin
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by Ninilowo(m): 5:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
Book marked....... ... Just in case
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by SailorXY: 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
fabuloz1:

Guy,i think your problem with Fayose is that he wore the camo to present budget to the state house of assembly. I want you to peruse and read that section once more and tell me where the law specify where and how to wear such camo. Even military didn't complain but civilians going berserk about the issue undecided
men I can't comprehend

1 Like

Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by Aburi001: 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2016
HQuadreal:
Ten Naira Fine #lol.
Wear it make Solder catch you first. Your fine na 50 frog jump, 50 hot slaps and sitting under the Sun/Rain for 50 hours grin
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by Akemmi(m): 5:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
Is sec 110(2) not self explanatory enough? Why will you allow hatred to overrule your sense of reasoning? Is there any law that disallow the usage of military camouflage to present budget or at most that provides for a certain dress code...? Don't take any offence please...
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by HQuadreal: 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
Aburi001:
Wear it make Solder catch you first. You fine na 50 frog jump, 50 hot slaps and sitting under the Sun/Rain for 50 hours grin
Hahahaha e never reach like that ooo.
But I won't dear to wear it na.
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by bowman000(m): 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
D
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by cytellProperty: 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
That means Fayose is right to put on camouflage.
APC wailers, where are you?
koboko69:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWzGnkHubHM

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4048938_cymera20160801194102_jpeg96eba107328d571b11efa2a8dab5b926

In view of the constant harassment of civilians on military camouflage by men of the armed forces, it is imperative to educate the public that wearing of such is actually against the law and a criminal act.

Section 110 of Nigeria Criminal Code Act states

110. [b]Any person who- Unlawfully wearing the uniform of forces, etc

(1) not being a person serving in any of the armed forces of Nigeria, wears the uniform or any part of the uniform of such forces, or any the armed dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of such uniforms; or

(2) not being a person holding any office or authority under the Government of Nigeria or of any part thereof, wears any uniform or distinctive badge or mark or carries any token calculated to convey the impression that such person holds any office or authority under the government;

is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for one month, or to a fine of ten naira, unless he proves that he had the permission of the President or of the Governor of a State or wear such uniform or dress, badge or mark or to carry such token:

Provided that this section shall not apply to the wearing of any uniform or dress in the course of a stage play or in any bona fide public entertainment
[/b]

111. Any person who sells or gives any uniform, or part of a or any dress, badge or mark, as in the last preceding section mentioned, to any person who is not authorised to wear the same, is guilty of an offence and is liable to the penalties prescribed in the said section.

The Camouflage uniform is part of the military uniform. The Red bolded implies that even if the military camouflage is not exactly the same, as long as it has the pattern and resemblance of the Camouflage u have comitted a criminal act.

The Green bolded is an exception provided by the law, how ever Section 251 brings a limit to that exception

SECTION 251:

251. Any person who, not being a person serving in any of the armed or police forces of Nigeria, wears the uniform of any of these forces, or any dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of any such uniform, in such manner or in such circumstances as to be likely to bring contempt on that uniform, or employs any other person so to wear such uniform or dress, is guilty of a simple offence, and is liable to imprisonment for three months or to a fine of forty naira.

REPLICATION OF SECTION 110(1) IN LAGOS STATE LAW (2011)

The above law is replicated in Section 79 and 80 of the Lagos crimal law code but a [b]Jail term of 2 years is [/b]stipulated against the 1-3months of the Federal law.

It is also imperative to tell the sectionalists and others who are quick to call Nigeira a Zoo that many other countries also have laws banning camouflage clothings by civilians. The law is in effect in India, Philippines etc.
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by DONOCHAS(m): 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
HQuadreal:

Forty Naira Fine #lol.
does the forty naira still stand because you will first take correct beating first
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by Blue3k(m): 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
koboko69:

Lol. U are a very big clown. Please read again the criminal act and give me another meaning to it.
If u feel u are above the law, u can a camouflage and walk near a barracks, when accosted tell the military they don't have a patent for camouflage grin

Your arguements just say nigerians soldiers are undisciplined gorillas. They don't have patent on camouflage just on fake uniform. Unless they're retarded you can tell difference between fake nigerians army uniform and camo fashion.
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by HQuadreal: 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
DONOCHAS:
does the forty naira still stand because you will first take correct beating first
I won't dear wear it.
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by Btruth: 11:06pm On Dec 09, 2016
Anyway, it doesn't matter if you wear it in as much you have 10 naira in your pocket to pay the fine. grin
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by WOruGunu(m): 11:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
koboko69:
The President is the commander in Chief of Armed forces hence at liberty to wear on the military uniform to specific functions.

Wearing of military camouflage to present budget to the state Assembly in a democratic dispensation is provoking the law and pushing the immunity clause too far.

Should Buhari do the same, the social media and country would have been on fire telling us we are back in military era. But the hypocritical wailing dundees will never see anything wrong as long as its one of their adopted criminals that is perpetuating the act. It is well with Nigeria

For those who are quick to make comparisons with USA and some developed countries. No law banning such there, but their are laws banming such in Nigeria and some other countries.

If u are not ok with that, u can move to those countries and dress as u like
from what I read I think it was stated that if such person is permitted by the president or governor in order to carry the token.then I don't think is wrong for a governor to wear one in the course of carrying out is duties.
my opinion though
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by nwamehn: 2:26am On Dec 10, 2016
koboko69:

On special occasions just like the president does, not to present a budget to the assembly. I ask again, if Buhari should wear a como to the natio assembly to present a budget what will u clowns say?

Guy, I want to believe u have perfect understanding of English language, the law u just quoted to us says that a governor or president can permit someone to wear it, be it during budget presentation or swimming. So, what then stops the governor from permitting himself to wear it to present budget, perform another function or even to play football?
Buhari had worn complete army uniform sometime last year or early this year to attend a function and those clowns u call never complained. Jonathan also wore complete army uniform sometime in 2014, yet ur so-called clowns never complained. So, what exactly is ur point?

1 Like

Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by nwamehn: 2:45am On Dec 10, 2016
ngolokante:

I take God beg you, if you are in Abuja, please wear any item of our camouflage and pass in front of Mogadishu Cantonment (Abacha Barracks) by 1400hrs (2 o'clock) tomorrow Sat 10 Dec 16 and lets see whether #14,600 will be enough to treat you...Since human "tryer" is your middle name and you like trying people

Oga, calm down, this is a faceless forum, entirely for learning, association and fun - (emphasis on the fun), so, there is no need threatening any person here on what u can do and what u cannot. We no de drag am.

1 Like

Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by nwamehn: 2:53am On Dec 10, 2016
koboko69:

Lol. But your common sense will suddenly kick in, and morality will suddenly become law when the case is about Buhari wearing a military camouflage to present a budget. So much from shameless hypocrites!

Guy, soft-pedal on the insults, pls. Clowns! Shameless Hypocrites! Mehn, it's too much. U aren't quarrelling with anybody naah.
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by tit(f): 3:00am On Dec 10, 2016
nwamehn:

Guy, soft-pedal on the insults, pls. Clowns! Shameless Hypocrites! Mehn, it's too much. U aren't quarrelling with anybody naah.

When small, spoilt boys are losing in soccer, they carry their ball and go their mama house
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by nwamehn: 3:14am On Dec 10, 2016
tit:

When small, spoilt boys are losing in soccer, they carry their ball and go their mama house

I understand ur proverb but I don't know whether u refer to me or him.
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by ngolokante(m): 5:56am On Dec 10, 2016
nwamehn:

Oga, calm down, this is a faceless forum, entirely for learning, association and fun - (emphasis on the fun), so, there is no need threatening any person here on what u can do and what u cannot. We no de drag am.

Hahaha... Bros it's not a threat... You don't hide hide under the cloak of fun and a faceless forumn to spew thrash about people that if you are to stand in the presence of, you won't even dare blink not to talk of insult... What's the meaning of the fine for impersonation is #40 and #40 for a year is 14k and that the Chief of Army Staff should come and collect his chicken change... What nonsense!!!... If you are interested in really wearing khaki, you can contact us am sure we can do one or 2 things to ensure that
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by nwamehn: 7:23am On Dec 10, 2016
ngolokante:

Hahaha... Bros it's not a threat... You don't hide hide under the cloak of fun and a faceless forumn to spew thrash about people that if you are to stand in the presence of, you won't even dare blink not to talk of insult... What's the meaning of the fine for impersonation is #40 and #40 for a year is 14k and that the Chief of Army Staff should come and collect his chicken change... What nonsense!!!... If you are interested in really wearing khaki, you can contact us am sure we can do one or 2 things to ensure that

I am sure u didn't understand that the guy was just having fun, hence the statement. Buratai himself doesn't even mind what people speak about him on social media, if not he would have already threatened so many nairalanders. Even, so many people on this forum have been guilty of saying one bad thing or the other about Buhari or Jonathan, and these leaders haven't yet come to nairaland to threaten them. So, calm down with the guy. No need for threats.
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by ngolokante(m): 8:33am On Dec 10, 2016
nwamehn:

I am sure u didn't understand that the guy was just having fun, hence the statement. Buratai himself doesn't even mind what people speak about him on social media, if not he would have already threatened so many nairalanders. Even, so many people on this forum have been guilty of saying one bad thing or the other about Buhari or Jonathan, and these leaders haven't yet come to nairaland to threaten them. So, calm down with the guy. No need for threats.

Mister... There is no threat here... There is a difference between saying and doing... I only asked the gentleman to go and parade himself in front of soldiers and let him tell them he is ready to pay the fine for a year. He is free to say whatever he wants and run his mouth however he wishes... And isn't it childish? You come and say disgusting things about people simply cause you know your identity is hidden. You denigrate people in the name of having fun... Why won't you just do and say what's right? Dat way you wouldn't have to hide behind a computer keyboard or phone screen? Dats cowardice...
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by nwamehn: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2016
ngolokante:

Mister... There is no threat here... There is a difference between saying and doing... I only asked the gentleman to go and parade himself in front of soldiers and let him tell them he is ready to pay the fine for a year. He is free to say whatever he wants and run his mouth however he wishes... And isn't it childish? You come and say disgusting things about people simply cause you know your identity is hidden. You denigrate people in the name of having fun... Why won't you just do and say what's right? Dat way you wouldn't have to hide behind a computer keyboard or phone screen? Dats cowardice...

Boss, cool ur temper.
1. In this post, u once referred a sitting Governor Fayose's dressings as "attention seeking schemes", indirectly connoting that he is an attention seeker.
https://www.nairaland.com/3507404/fayose-masked-set-celebrate-christmas/1#51739416
2. In another post, u said that Dalung, the current sports minister "epitomizes the failures of this administration".
https://www.nairaland.com/3505559/falcons-seize-awcon-trophy-reject/2#51708849
3. In a third post, u called Reno Omokiri, a former spokesperson of the former president of ur nation "a serial and caught out liar".
https://www.nairaland.com/3497549/one-meal-day-only-promise/2#51573509
4. Another time, u called ur former president, Jonathan "clownish drunk".
https://www.nairaland.com/3446871/why-buhari-alone-blame-nigerias/4#50810495
5. U also once called the head of NCC "mumu".
https://www.nairaland.com/3493785/why-ncc-asked-big-operators/1#51507673
U might have had justifiable reasons to make such comments about them but the fact remains that those comments were denigrating.
If it's not right for someone to make denigrating comment about Buratai on a faceless forum, then I wonder whether it's right for u to make denigrating comments about ur leaders on the same forum as I pointed above. I don't wish to talk about cowardice as u brought up because I don't want to delve into whether u can call Jonathan a clown and a drunk in his face.
I am not trying to condemn u for making the comments but just to point out to u that everybody, including me and u (as I pointed above) makes denigrating comments about our leaders.
Boss, nairaland is fun, that's all and it never should be taken seriously.
By the way, try to marshal that midfield well tomorrow o, I gave Chelsea straight win.
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by habsydiamond(m): 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2016
The may be small but it just to ridicule the people involved in wearing these dresses and even going to pay in 10 naira in the bank will be very embarrassing abi na.
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by ngolokante(m): 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
nwamehn:

Boss, cool ur temper.
1. In this post, u once referred a sitting Governor Fayose's dressings as "attention seeking schemes", indirectly connoting that he is an attention seeker.
https://www.nairaland.com/3507404/fayose-masked-set-celebrate-christmas/1#51739416
2. In another post, u said that Dalung, the current sports minister "epitomizes the failures of this administration".
https://www.nairaland.com/3505559/falcons-seize-awcon-trophy-reject/2#51708849
3. In a third post, u called Reno Omokiri, a former spokesperson of the former president of ur nation "a serial and caught out liar".
https://www.nairaland.com/3497549/one-meal-day-only-promise/2#51573509
4. Another time, u called ur former president, Jonathan "clownish drunk".
https://www.nairaland.com/3446871/why-buhari-alone-blame-nigerias/4#50810495
5. U also once called the head of NCC "mumu".
https://www.nairaland.com/3493785/why-ncc-asked-big-operators/1#51507673
U might have had justifiable reasons to make such comments about them but the fact remains that those comments were denigrating.
If it's not right for someone to make denigrating comment about Buratai on a faceless forum, then I wonder whether it's right for u to make denigrating comments about ur leaders on the same forum as I pointed above. I don't wish to talk about cowardice as u brought up because I don't want to delve into whether u can call Jonathan a clown and a drunk in his face.
I am not trying to condemn u for making the comments but just to point out to u that everybody, including me and u (as I pointed above) makes denigrating comments about our leaders.
Boss, nairaland is fun, that's all and it never should be taken seriously.
By the way, try to marshal that midfield well tomorrow o, I gave Chelsea straight win.

Hahaha... I like your stance and how you drive home your point.... Very gentlemanly and instructive too... But you see their is a difference... I didn't say all those things for fun, I said it coz I meant them and more so as nobody just informed me by quoting relevant sections of the law for me that what I am saying was punishable as was done to the fellow who made the statement about Buratai coming to collect his chicken change since he wants to violate the law for an entire year. I took those stance coz the actions of the individuals involved have impacted on us as Nigerians in one way or another... You know Fayose is seeking attention and wouldn't do some of these things he does if he didn't have immunity; doesn't Dalung epitomize the failures of the current admin? and believe me as a die hard supporter of Buhari, it's very hard for me to say that; for uncle Jonah, he does not command the Armed Forces anymore neither does he head the Nigerian state again, all his F ups are out to be treated and anyone can do that to his face now; for Reno or is it Wendell Simlin, you know it's d truth, the man is a liar and as been caught out for spreading false news capable of inciting tribal and religious wars... You see I am not trying to justify whatever I said that might have been wrong, I just place my country over and above any individual or personal sentiments... I believe that if one doesn't stand for something, he falls for everything, and I'd like to re-emphasize, if I am made to understand that I am breaking the law by pointing those things I said about those individuals, I will drop them immediately coz the laws of Nigeria are more than my personal takes but as I have said you were most instructive in driving home your point and some folks on NL probably need not to be taken seriously...but still there should be a line between catching fun and provocation...
Oh I forgot that our midfield is giving Conte a selection headache o, but as the coach said, we like dat kind of headache... Cheers
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by nwamehn: 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
ngolokante:

Hahaha... I like your stance and how you drive home your point.... Very gentlemanly and instructive too... But you see their is a difference... I didn't say all those things for fun, I said it coz I meant them and more so as nobody just informed me by quoting relevant sections of the law for me that what I am saying was punishable as was done to the fellow who made the statement about Buratai coming to collect his chicken change since he wants to violate the law for an entire year. I took those stance coz the actions of the individuals involved have impacted on us as Nigerians in one way or another... You know Fayose is seeking attention and wouldn't do some of these things he does if he didn't have immunity; doesn't Dalung epitomize the failures of the current admin? and believe me as a die hard supporter of Buhari, it's very hard for me to say that; for uncle Jonah, he does not command the Armed Forces anymore neither does he head the Nigerian state again, all his F ups are out to be treated and anyone can do that to his face now; for Reno or is it Wendell Simlin, you know it's d truth, the man is a liar and as been caught out for spreading false news capable of inciting tribal and religious wars... You see I am not trying to justify whatever I said that might have been wrong, I just place my country over and above any individual or personal sentiments... I believe that if one doesn't stand for something, he falls for everything, and I'd like to re-emphasize, if I am made to understand that I am breaking the law by pointing those things I said about those individuals, I will drop them immediately coz the laws of Nigeria are more than my personal takes but as I have said you were most instructive in driving home your point and some folks on NL probably need not to be taken seriously...but still there should be a line between catching fun and provocation...
Oh I forgot that our midfield is giving Conte a selection headache o, but as the coach said, we like dat kind of headache... Cheers

Thanks for ur compliment, boss. Yea, u ar very right in that u weren't saying all those things for fun but to drive ur points. But as for breaking the law, u actually did and if u ar to tell it to the person face to face, it's another law that u would be breaking. Though the person u offend by breaking that law might not want to take it up as is the case in most situations in Nigeria at present.
Writing that Jonathan is a clown and a drunk or calling the NCC chairman "mumu" is defamation of character and (libel if nairaland is interpreted to be an online publisher) and telling Jonathan to his face that he is a clown and a drunk in the presence of a third party or telling the NCC chairman that he is a mumu in the presence of a third party is slander. Though I don't have the sections of the appropriate codes of the Nigerian law that these offences ar listed offhand so as to quote it for u.
Selection headache what? Where he is benching my man Mikel for no reason, he can't tell me that Mikel cannot fit into that team if given the chance. Though I'm glad we ar winning our matches but I would have loved both Mikel and Fabregas to be playing and not leave in January as rumoured.

1 Like

Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by DerideGull(m): 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
koboko69:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWzGnkHubHM

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4048938_cymera20160801194102_jpeg96eba107328d571b11efa2a8dab5b926

In view of the constant harassment of civilians on military camouflage by men of the armed forces, it is imperative to educate the public that wearing of such is actually against the law and a criminal act.

Section 110 of Nigeria Criminal Code Act states

110. [b]Any person who- Unlawfully wearing the uniform of forces, etc

(1) not being a person serving in any of the armed forces of Nigeria, wears the uniform or any part of the uniform of such forces, or any the armed dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of such uniforms; or

(2) not being a person holding any office or authority under the Government of Nigeria or of any part thereof, wears any uniform or distinctive badge or mark or carries any token calculated to convey the impression that such person holds any office or authority under the government;

is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for one month, or to a fine of ten naira, unless he proves that he had the permission of the President or of the Governor of a State or wear such uniform or dress, badge or mark or to carry such token:

Provided that this section shall not apply to the wearing of any uniform or dress in the course of a stage play or in any bona fide public entertainment
[/b]

111. Any person who sells or gives any uniform, or part of a or any dress, badge or mark, as in the last preceding section mentioned, to any person who is not authorised to wear the same, is guilty of an offence and is liable to the penalties prescribed in the said section.

The Camouflage uniform is part of the military uniform. The Red bolded implies that even if the military camouflage is not exactly the same, as long as it has the pattern and resemblance of the Camouflage u have comitted a criminal act.

The Green bolded is an exception provided by the law, how ever Section 251 brings a limit to that exception

SECTION 251:

251. Any person who, not being a person serving in any of the armed or police forces of Nigeria, wears the uniform of any of these forces, or any dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of any such uniform, in such manner or in such circumstances as to be likely to bring contempt on that uniform, or employs any other person so to wear such uniform or dress, is guilty of a simple offence, and is liable to imprisonment for three months or to a fine of forty naira.

REPLICATION OF SECTION 110(1) IN LAGOS STATE LAW (2011)

The above law is replicated in Section 79 and 80 of the Lagos crimal law code but a [b]Jail term of 2 years is [/b]stipulated against the 1-3months of the Federal law.

It is also imperative to tell the sectionalists and others who are quick to call Nigeira a Zoo that many other countries also have laws banning camouflage clothings by civilians. The law is in effect in India, Philippines etc.

Any country that prescribes above code is a dumbass country. Anybody can wear camouflage, weather authentic or not, in developed countries.
Re: Criminal Code Act Banning Civilians From Wearing Military Camouflage by koboko69: 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2016
nwamehn:

We ate not in a developed country. So keep ur mouth shut!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SARS Kill Man For Smoking Weed In Port-Harcourt. Graphic Photos / President Buhari And His Wife Cast Their Votes / 'Uche Ekwunife Disgraced By Arthur Eze'; Senator Reacts To Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.