Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,872 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. (36063 Views)

Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures: Photos Of Bunkery Boat Destroyed This Morning.. / Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures / Wike Leads The Arrest Of 15 Mechanics In Rivers Over Black Soot. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by hardywaltz(m): 11:40am On Dec 09, 2016
The Rivers State Ministry of Environment has issued a statement concerning the Black Soot found in the atmosphere and on the floor in and around Port Harcourt and it's environs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Beremx(f): 11:44am On Dec 09, 2016
Government yet to find out where the soot came from?

I forgot Wike and APC led federal government are still concerned about the coming elections.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Jafar1: 11:48am On Dec 09, 2016
very good, before it start to affect the health of people

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by CoolFreeday(m): 11:49am On Dec 09, 2016
For over a year now, Its from one negative news to the other from Rivers State.

5 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by CliffordOrji: 11:55am On Dec 09, 2016
Beremx:

I forgot Wike and APC led federal government are still concerned about the coming elections.
One wouldn't need to be a Rocket Scientist to know that the operations of illegal Oil refinery's and Pipeline Vandalism are the cause of the soot, but the RVSG and FG are still yet to find out where the soot came from. It just further confirms that all our politicians are useless and good for nothing. They are more concerend about their own selfish political gains rather than the welfare and safety of the masses.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Beremx(f): 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
CliffordOrji:
One wouldn't need to be a Rocket Scientist to know that the operations of illegal Oil refinery's and Pipeline Vandalism are the cause of the soot, but the RVSG and FG are still yet to find out where the soot came from. It just further confirms that all our politicians are useless and good for nothing. They are more concerend about their own selfish political gains rather than the welfare and safety of the masses.

you just said it all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Dakad: 12:19pm On Dec 09, 2016
The thing is serious. Initial I complain to my wife that our house is no longer neat as it use to be. We stated noticing black dust everywhere in the house. And if I clean my kids noise or mine you will notice black dirt. The thing if terrible. My annoyance is even the power issues, one would have close the entire window bcs of the Kids.

10 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
Wike and Badluck are like...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by HopeAtHand: 1:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
Lalasticlala, myndd44..
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by yungbillionaire(m): 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
Beremx:

my dear u r soo correct...politicians putting dia ego over d betterment of d masses..itz a really sad tin.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Corrinthians(m): 1:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
The likely source of this is soot coming from partially burned hydrocarbon; a ruptured crude pipeline burnining out of control would be my number one suspect.

It cant be coming from gas flaring because that has been going on for a long time without anyone complaining about the deposition of soot of this nature in their neighborhood. Besides, the flaring of gas (likely methane) leaves far less deposits of carbon as is seen in this case.

They should go look in the creeks. Sure theyd find their source there.

18 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Corrinthians(m): 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
CliffordOrji:
One wouldn't need to be a Rocket Scientist to know that the operations of illegal Oil refinery's and Pipeline Vandalism are the cause of the soot,

True.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by herzern(m): 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2016

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
grin
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by ask4double(m): 1:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
I saw this thick black dust-like particle on my car's wind shield last week, Initially I thought I had driven pass a road construction area hence the unusual looking dust, until a colleague of mine raised the issue this morning I now realized it is an environmental challenge.

I have really not noticed it since the beginning of this week.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Lovexme(m): 1:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
No one has been able to attach a picture of what the 'soot' looks like.

7 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by buffalowings: 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
Useless set of people
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Ijaya123: 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
The warning of the "environmentalist" comes to mind. grin grin grin

Let them continue bursting pipelines and their act of vandalism. Buhari is now suffering from it I guess.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by olaolulazio(m): 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
Wike and PDPigsssssssss

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by tgmservice: 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
An alien race is preparing to invade port-harcount.
Be prepared

2 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by TippyTop(m): 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2016
That soot is from that sewage publicly known as Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by jmoore(m): 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2016
Lovexme:
No one has been able to attach a picture of what the 'soot' looks like.
They don't use camera phone in Rivers state. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Ewomazinot(f): 1:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
We have heard
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by dayleke: 1:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
Eleyi gidi gan o....
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Lovexme(m): 1:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
grin
jmoore:

They don't use camera phone in Rivers state. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
Is worse at Trans Amadi where i reside, we came to the conclusion it's carbon from manufacturing industries around since we're close to alot.

They'd better do something about it cos it isn't healthy.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Chikelue2000(m): 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
Rivers is on d news again
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by jmoore(m): 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27:
Is worse at Trans Amadi where i reside, we came to the conclusion it's carbon from manufacturing industries around since we're close to alot.

They'd better do something about it cos it isn't healthy.
Why is it that no one in Rivers state uses camera phone? undecided

I still can't understand why no one has succeeded to upload a single picture?

Please, any nairalander in Portharcourt should upload a picture of this soot stuff. Na only selfies una sabi? undecided

12 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Lovexme(m): 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
Black soot.. Isn't soot black naturally?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by joespiceman(m): 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2016
thank God is not notice on my axis.. just hope the government do something about it quickly
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2016
Confused state

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 / Wike Dedicates Victory To People Of Rivers State , See What He Did On The Street / Dino Melaye Dances At The PDP NEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.