Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. (36084 Views)

Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures: Photos Of Bunkery Boat Destroyed This Morning.. / Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures / Wike Leads The Arrest Of 15 Mechanics In Rivers Over Black Soot. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by ibitzbarlow(m): 4:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=CliffordOrji post=51770480] One wouldn't need to be a Rocket Scientist to know that the operations of illegal Oil refinery's and Pipeline Vandalism are the cause of the soot, but the RVSG and FG are still yet to find out where the soot came from. It just further confirms that all our politicians are useless and good for nothing. They are more concerend about their own selfish political gains rather than the welfare and safety of the masses./quote]

You haven't said snything different or particularly useful in finding the location of the source of the soot. Illegal bunkering/refining or the activities of a few companies whose operations involve incomplete combustion may be responsible but where they are located is the million dollar question, you and I cannot answer for now.

Oil bunkering activities are in the creeks and not in PH while the unwholesome companies may be in PH or its environs. Another likely source comes to mind - the slaughterhouses(Abattoirs) in Mile 3 and around Portharcourt Zoo. They make a hell of smoke/soot due to their roasting activities.

[
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by einsteino(m): 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
I live in Warri and we experience this too. This is also seen in Bonny, Rivers state. The cause is simply gas flaring at the refinery
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by AnyRoomForJesus: 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2016
CliffordOrji:
One wouldn't need to be a Rocket Scientist to know that the operations of illegal Oil refinery's and Pipeline Vandalism are the cause of the soot, but the RVSG and FG are still yet to find out where the soot came from. It just further confirms that all our politicians are useless and good for nothing. They are more concerend about their own selfish political gains rather than the welfare and safety of the masses.

That could be a possibility, but another possibility could be from the Trans Amadi Slaughter, I have heard that they use condemned rubber to roast the cow meat slaughtered there.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by braimeddy: 5:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
If u feel that the primary source is from that location, why not call the number posted above?
Benita27:
Is worse at Trans Amadi where i reside, we came to the conclusion it's carbon from manufacturing industries around since we're close to alot.

They'd better do something about it cos it isn't healthy.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Lovexme(m): 6:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
jaybillionaire:
En u r still my student cos I taught google chemistry as well, but he thought u wink

Funny cos I wrote Google's algorithm.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by guiddoti: 6:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
grin Boooom pipeline grin Boooom pipeline
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by bowman000(m): 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
cheesy
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by sparklebug: 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
.....wiped off the surface of my TV stand.I stay at trans amadi gardens....I have friends at golf estate complaining of the same soot

3 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Deban: 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ijaya123:
The warning of the "environmentalist" comes to mind. grin grin grin

Let them continue bursting pipelines and their act of vandalism. Buhari is now suffering from it I guess.

You know a clown who is unintelligent by their writing. Must you guys show what part of the country you live? The hate you have in your heart tells where you come from. Normal people are complaining and you talk about bursting pipeline. Is that the cause? Or is it illegal refining and bunkering which the military leads and protects. Do you see ordinary people benefitting from illegal oil activities?

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Blessograo(f): 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
jaybillionaire:
kiss how is india/china R u tru with practice?
Sorry do i know you?
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Blessograo(f): 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
robosky02:

lol grin

how you doing

I know its NOT there in china cheesy
Abi o. grin
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by chima4UK(m): 11:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
What else do you expect in a country where the issue of gas flaring is taken for granted .
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by econity(m): 8:42am On Dec 10, 2016
jmoore:

Does your camera phone work?

Just took this one now.

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by An0nimus: 8:45am On Dec 10, 2016
sparklebug:
.....wiped off the surface of my TV stand.I stay at trans amadi gardens....I have friends at golf estate complaining of the same soot

cc: rhea
xnsandrxns
Lovexme
jmoore

You guys asked for pictures

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4589195_20161203000729_jpeg682ac5844ca3b3d65b59c59b244ff4c1
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by econity(m): 8:46am On Dec 10, 2016
Lovexme:
Black soot.. Isn't soot black naturally?

FYI There are light brown soot too.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Lovexme(m): 9:06am On Dec 10, 2016
An0nimus:

cc: rhea
xnsandrxns
Lovexme
jmoore

You guys asked for pictures

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4589195_20161203000729_jpeg682ac5844ca3b3d65b59c59b244ff4c1

Thanks.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Lovexme(m): 9:08am On Dec 10, 2016
econity:

FYI There are light brown soot too.
Alright. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 10, 2016
Lol of course, it's bn long tho,
Blessograo:

Sorry do i know you?
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Ijaya123: 11:21am On Dec 10, 2016
Deban:

You know a clown who is unintelligent by their writing. Must you guys show what part of the country you live? The hate you have in your heart tells where you come from. Normal people are complaining and you talk about bursting pipeline. Is that the cause? Or is it illegal refining and bunkering which the military leads and protects. Do you see ordinary people benefitting from illegal oil activities?

Clown, unintelligent and hatred filled, as you lay your bed, so you lie on it.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Blessograo(f): 11:37am On Dec 10, 2016
jaybillionaire:
Lol of course, it's bn long tho,
That what?
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2016
That I osculated u kiss tongue
Blessograo:

That what?
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Blessograo(f): 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2016
jaybillionaire:
That I osculated u kiss tongue
I don't even think I know you o.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2016
Hmm well I only guess u must av forgotten as ' tempus fugit '... Aii then
Blessograo:

I don't even think I know you o.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Blessograo(f): 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
jaybillionaire:
OK who are you? Your real name
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by juman(m): 1:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
Hmmm

Slow death.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by topsy1010: 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
That's the first picture evidence of the soot. Take a close look at the top of the cloth hanger.

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Blessograo(f): 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2016
jaybillionaire:
What is this one talking about?
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by OgagaIyk: 8:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
If you walk bare footed in my crib for 2mins eh,u will have ursef to blame. #BlackFoot
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
Jhames undecided
Blessograo:

OK who are you? Your real name
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
angry
Blessograo:

What is this one talking about?
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Blessograo(f): 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
jaybillionaire:
Jhames undecided
OK, sorry i don't think i know or remember you
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by otokx(m): 4:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
The government is not treating this matter with the seriousness it deserves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi: People Are Calling The Schools I Attended To Know If I Was A Student / FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit / Oba Akiolu: Buhari Should Close Boarder When Reelected So Obasanjo Won't Escape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.