Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire (3513 Views)

All Current HMD Nokia Smartphones Will Get Android 8 Oreo Update / Update On My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire / Tecno C9 Or Tecno W5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by seunfly: 2:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sulaymanmeek:
Wow! Just wow....
You think it's that easy to file a law suit? NO. not even when you're having little or no evidence to proove embarassed

It is a step worth taking, because we allow things to go easily, we also allow Poeple, companies and government to treat us any how.

I know it is difficult especially with all this highest bider judges wee have around but it worth trying.

1 Like

Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by MizMyColi(f): 2:49pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sulaymanmeek:
Same here! I almost got discouraged! but then again I'm just N3k away from purchasing one, grin grin grin

Hahahahaha
Don't tell me you use a piggy bank to save.
You are as good as an owner na.

Me, I have not saved any shi shi yetembarassed
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by MizMyColi(f): 2:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
seunfly:

It is a step worth taking, because we allow things to go easily, we also allow Poeple, companies and government to treat us any how.

I know it is difficult especially with all this highest bider judges wee have around but it worth trying.

I would agree with this if it were a manufacturer defect.

Manufacturers need to be kept honest and responsible to their customers in this part of the world. Sadly, that is not so.
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by seunfly: 2:59pm On Dec 10, 2016
MizMyColi:

I would agree with this if it were a manufacturer defect.

Manufacturers need to be kept honest and responsible to their customers in this part of the world. Sadly, that is not so.

With what I saw, I suspect it is production defect. The head of d USB was not burnt, but the port connected to phone got burnt. It is obvious it was due to over heating during charging. The guy needs to drop his charger to be sure it is manufacturer's power rating.
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by Dabsey: 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2016
I believe this has nothing to do with the phone Manufacturer. But rather a power problem. Sorry oo. But I still think my C9 Dope
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by Dabsey: 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
I think with a case like it's a no Success!
seunfly:

Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by Dabsey: 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2016
But how could you tell really?
seunfly:

With what I saw, I suspect it is production defect. The head of d USB was not burnt, but the port connected to phone got burnt. It is obvious it was due to over heating during charging. The guy needs to drop his charger to be sure it is manufacturer's power rating.
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by Sulaymanmeek(m): 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2016
I do what i got to do ooo.... Lol Money doesn't stay these days
MizMyColi:

Hahahahaha

Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by Dabsey: 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2016
I'm not sure this is right to call Tecno out like that. Lol fact is it's not changing people's opinion.
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by Dabsey: 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2016
Lmaoo Piggy bank?
N3k remainder. Lol

MizMyColi:

Hahahahaha

Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by shiftback: 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
wemeri:

Lollls

Isssokay.....
Here's a hint. Before you head out to their office in opebi, hit them up on twitter (@XperienceTecno) they'll surely attend to you. I believe they'll let you know if you have a valid claim or not etc etc
Most of these companies don't like controversy at all, dem go answer you sharp sharp.
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by Sulaymanmeek(m): 6:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
Lmaooo, He said Transformer, grin grin grin
jerrysense:
na wa ooo n my own neva catch fire?...abi you plug am for transformer? grin
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by Sulaymanmeek(m): 6:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
XperienceTecno? Is that Tecno's official handle or their customer care handle?
shiftback:

Here's a hint. Before you head out to their office in opebi, hit them up on twitter (@XperienceTecno) they'll surely attend to you. I believe they'll let you know if you have a valid claim or not etc etc
Most of these companies don't like controversy at all, dem go answer you sharp sharp.
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by shiftback: 6:22pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sulaymanmeek:
XperienceTecno? Is that Tecno's official handle or their customer care handle?
Weda Official or customer care I know it is still handled by the Tecno people, so he'll Sha get an official reply from them.
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by Dam5reey(m): 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
What has people turn to this nowadays. any small issue you come and open thread..

It happened last week seems there was a surge in my house.. mt inverter fuse got burnt.. my tv charging/adapter got burnt,, I replaced my fuse and bought another adapter simple!

Op kindly take your phone to calcare.. and pay for repair thats all...

Looking at that USB cable it does not look like Tecno's own.. it looks fake too...
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by Behankey(m): 8:31pm On Dec 10, 2016
Lol. OP, Is Tecno to be held responsible for the power they supplied to your office? I even think say C9 don dey explode ni sef. All the gist I've been hearing about the phone from close pals using it have been positive. Just take your fone to carlcare or reach out to @xperiencetecno on Twitter.
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by landinfo: 7:41am On Dec 11, 2016
Op, I feel 4 u......as u can see on the 1st page of this ur thread, paid-Tecno marketers replying u anyhow cos in 9Ja, we ain't sensitive to such matters.

We want to be like Americans but we don't know that were it in America, even the owner of Tecno company would ensure u are duly compensated with a brand-new fone & other benefits to cum with it cos if they don't do that, they would have bad-publicity & Jah help them the Consumer Protection Board don't charge them to court
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by wemeri: 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
Tallesty1:
The damage no too much when you look at it from outside.

Yeah,

But it actually affected the charging port and the mouth piece. So i cant charge my phone and i cant hear when i make calls.
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by wemeri: 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
joespiceman:
chai like play like play รง9 don don get heat period

Na so we see am ooo
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by wemeri: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
sod09:
u said it like its d entire phone like Samsung....

I was lucky to have noticed it on time.

Imagine, it was on my bed and charging overnight.....
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by wemeri: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
Fundango:
Hope that was not another BOMB grin in da making. grin

Well Oups!wish you good luck.

I hope so too ooo.

Thanks alot
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by wemeri: 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2016
easrael:
He's actually lying

He can't even spell Tecno well and you're framing it up again....

The pictures don't even look like one a regular person took

FAKE THREAD

So sad that you feel this way.

Unfortunately, i am not obligated in anyway to prove to you that this thread is not fake.

Please go ahead with living in your bubble.

fyi: I am a "SHE"
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by wemeri: 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
Norman4real:
How much is the repair cost that got u all worked up like this... Bro just pay and get done with it, those guys at carlcare just be insensitive like that, they'll push u around all year long for nothing.

i wish i saw this message earlier. I would have just paid the N1.2k i was asked to and moved on with my life
You are so correct.
The guys at carlcare apparently do everything else but care for their customers.

It seems like insensitivity to customer needs in addition to rudeness and arrogance is actually the organisations culture.

Really sad experience. I must say
Re: To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by wemeri: 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
seunfly:
Can't u get a lawyer? U can actually file a suit against them and I hope u document how they acted to u in the other centre.

Lollls.

I actually tot of that too.
Since my case is still the single reported case, I am holding on to my lawsuit first.

The moment I hear of another person making a report of a similar incident... i am definately filing a lawsuit

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Ways To Tell If Someone Is Telling You The Truth, According To Science / . / Wireless Charging Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.