Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat (154943 Views)

How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required / Estimate Of Wood Work And Better Choice Of Roofing Sheets / My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by olaide721(m): 8:11am On Jan 11, 2017
akeensbussy:

use online.....if u go to nigerite, they will still refer you to their major dealer.
ok
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by fsb(m): 8:47am On Jan 11, 2017
akeensbussy:

With the picture you uploaded, yes the figure is realistic..however, You may buy more.

I will advice you call carpenter (2 or 3) for different quotations and compare with what you got online.

You can also use the method I put up in there to achieve your aim.
plz note that price of materials increase every week.

I wish u good luck.

Thanks so much. I will get quotes from other carpenters but I intend to buy the wood myself. In line with your advice, I am thinking of getting 2x12 and then cutting into 2x2, 2x3, 2x6 pieces. Is there any way to get the 3x4 at reduced cost?
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by Bisjosh(f): 9:36am On Jan 11, 2017
I appreciate the free flow of info here witout holding back.

Pls how much will it cost me in roofing my 2 selfcontain
They are side by side

smiley
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by akeensbussy(m): 10:45am On Jan 11, 2017
kasheemawo:
longspan. Please any useful information

Note that there are various quality and thickness of life span..

Monitor and Check it very well after supply, b4 installation
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by akeensbussy(m): 10:46am On Jan 11, 2017
fsb:

Thanks so much. I will get quotes from other carpenters but I intend to buy the wood myself. In line with your advice, I am thinking of getting 2x12 and then cutting into 2x2, 2x3, 2x6 pieces. Is there any way to get the 3x4 at reduced cost?

No way...
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by akeensbussy(m): 10:48am On Jan 11, 2017
Bisjosh:

They are side by side

smiley

Follow the info I put up there....buy you plank yourself
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by fsb(m): 11:22am On Jan 11, 2017
akeensbussy:

No way...

Thanks sir
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by fsb(m): 11:31am On Jan 11, 2017
Bisjosh:

They are side by side

smiley

Aside the info posted by akeensbussy, check out this link:
http://buildingcontractorsecrets.com/2012/12/23/how-to-calculate-timber-roof-members/

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by doctorbabs(m): 12:36pm On Jan 11, 2017
olamid2955:

Pls is this house on full plot or half plot
Can I see a plot of land around place for #600k

Dear Nairalander, You can get a plot of land for that amount N600k at Iyesi Ota Osuke from genuine owner. if you are interested call me on 08188872133 or email boychicco@gmail.com.

Iyesi ota osuke is located before Winners church and very close to Lagos by the time they construct the bridge that link the 2 state
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by money121(m): 1:45pm On Feb 15, 2017
Current Price of Roofing Sheet in Nigeria.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

See Samples of Roofing Tiles.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3357472/collection-sample-stone-coated-roofing

Check Out Picture Of The Wood Work For The Stone Coated Roofing Tile >> https://www.nairaland.com/1806964/check-out-picture-wood-work
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by akeensbussy(m): 7:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
Two hundred and fifty units of Igi Agbon (Coconut plank) where delivered to a Nairalander yesterday.
he needs it to roof his apartment of 3 bedrooms flat.
Why you should use it to roof.
Durable
can not be attack and eaten by termites.
Very hard wood
Cheaper in Price and better than normal wood.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by talk2eshin(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2017
In the best interest of everybody, I will advice people to be cautious in dealing with ''akeensbussy''. HE IS A FRAUD. I am the alleged nairalander he supplied coconut wood to,
This is what really happened.
I saw his post on nairaland, I contacted him, met with him and we discussed about roofing my 3 bedroom apartment. He told me i would get the wood at 400naira per plank, I said no problem, He then took me to meet someone who cuts and sells coconut wood, the seller said, he would supply the whole 250units to site at the rate of 500naira/plank. I also Agreed.All this happened on Saturday 25th March, 2017. I told him my intention is to use the opportunity of Easter holiday to do the roofing, and Akeensbusy had earlier warned me that coconut wood cannot be cut down for long, once you cut it, you have to roof immediately.
I gave him advance payment on Monday 27th, All of a sudden he called me that he's able to get the wood somewhere else still at the same rate, that what will happen if i do the roofing on 1st april instead of my planned 14th April. i told him i wont be chanced until Easter period,
He said no problem that the wood would be supplied either 1st or 2nd of April, that I can still use it during Easter, thesame person that had warned me that once it is cut down, it has to be used immediately.
He supplied the wood very late at night either 4th or 5th of April, I was not available to go and check what he supplied because of my distance from site and I was out of Lagos, Immediately he supplied, he was running after me for his balance, I called my office to send him his balance the second day. Out of trust, I paid him all his money even without checking what he supplied,I only asked a pastor who stays close by to help me count the number of what was supplied.
On getting to site on Thursday 13th April to commence the roofing, I met something else. Almost all the woods he supplied were not useful,
too small, some are majorly woodbacks that can be used for anything, he was supposed to cut it 2*3 and 2*4, but nothing of such was there,
what i got was like tierod and even smaller than 2*2.
My carpenter came in with other 6 carpenters to start work on Friday 14th April, They all said they cant work with such wood. That if they step on those woods it will break into 2 and they want to avoid falling down from up as much as possible.
I immediately called Akeensbusy to express my displeasure. He promised he was coming immediately, that the wood is good, maybe my carpenters dont know how to use coconut wood. He called the his own carpenter to come to my site immediately, When that one came, he was just raining curses on Akeensbussy, that how can he supply such woods for roofing, that he doesn't wish me well, that was that the type he used to do his own building roofing? In my presence He called Akeemsbusy and told him outrightly that there is nothing good in what he supplied. Akeensbusy later came in the evening , he couldn't answer any question carpenters threw at him, they had plans to evn harass him for this bad job but i had to beg them, I told them to select whatever they can use, they selected some few, and said they can only use it as rough lat, nothing more. I had to start buying wood afresh because i didn't want my work to suffer since i only have easter break opportunity.
When Akeensbussy came, he started apologising even on whatsapp, he said they should mange whtaever is manageable there that we will sort it out after my roofing has been done. Total 104 planks out of the 250 he supplied was not useful even to chase a dog away. To the glory of God, i Was able to do my roofing, work that was supposed to be done for 2days max took 4 days because i had to go and start buying woods afresh.
I called Akeensbussy afterwards to ask for a refund, all he could say was that '' I think i am smart, that i just selected what is useful to me and told him to come and pack what is not good, he said he needs the whole 250 he supplied before we can talk of a refund.
What i asked from him is: is it possible for the wood to be good and i will still reject it knowing fully well that i have paid, Let's say 10percent of what he supplied was not good, that is acceptable, 42percent is more than a mistake.
Since he wants to prove to be smart, I have told him I will force him to refund my money and I will definitely do that.

This is just to alert whoever wants to go into any deal with this man to be careful. He is not truthful, he has no integrity, he will always go back on an agreement.
I have whatsapp chats, voice records as proofs incase of doubts.

akeensbussy:
Two hundred and fifty units of Igi Agbon (Coconut plank) where delivered to a Nairalander yesterday.
he needs it to roof his apartment of 3 bedrooms flat.
Why you should use it to roof.
Durable
can not be attack and eaten by termites.
Very hard wood
Cheaper in Price and better than normal wood.

6 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by akeensbussy(m): 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2017
talk2eshin:
In the best interest of everybody, I will advice people to be cautious in dealing with ''akeensbussy''. HE IS A FRAUD. I am the alleged nairalander he supplied coconut wood to,
This is what really happened.
I saw his post on nairaland, I contacted him, met with him and we discussed about roofing my 3 bedroom apartment. He told me i would get the wood at 400naira per plank, I said no problem, He then took me to meet someone who cuts and sells coconut wood, the seller said, he would supply the whole 250units to site at the rate of 500naira/plank. I also Agreed.All this happened on Saturday 25th March, 2017. I told him my intention is to use the opportunity of Easter holiday to do the roofing, and Akeensbusy had earlier warned me that coconut wood cannot be cut down for long, once you cut it, you have to roof immediately.
I gave him advance payment on Monday 27th, All of a sudden he called me that he's able to get the wood somewhere else still at the same rate, that what will happen if i do the roofing on 1st april instead of my planned 14th April. i told him i wont be chanced until Easter period,
He said no problem that the wood would be supplied either 1st or 2nd of April, that I can still use it during Easter, thesame person that had warned me that once it is cut down, it has to be used immediately.
He supplied the wood very late at night either 4th or 5th of April, I was not available to go and check what he supplied because of my distance from site and I was out of Lagos, Immediately he supplied, he was running after me for his balance, I called my office to send him his balance the second day. Out of trust, I paid him all his money even without checking what he supplied,I only asked a pastor who stays close by to help me count the number of what was supplied.
On getting to site on Thursday 13th April to commence the roofing, I met something else. Almost all the woods he supplied were not useful,
too small, some are majorly woodbacks that can be used for anything, he was supposed to cut it 2*3 and 2*4, but nothing of such was there,
what i got was like tierod and even smaller than 2*2.
My carpenter came in with other 6 carpenters to start work on Friday 14th April, They all said they cant work with such wood. That if they step on those woods it will break into 2 and they want to avoid falling down from up as much as possible.
I immediately called Akeensbusy to express my displeasure. He promised he was coming immediately, that the wood is good, maybe my carpenters dont know how to use coconut wood. He called the his own carpenter to come to my site immediately, When that one came, he was just raining curses on Akeensbussy, that how can he supply such woods for roofing, that he doesn't wish me well, that was that the type he used to do his own building roofing? In my presence He called Akeemsbusy and told him outrightly that there is nothing good in what he supplied. Akeensbusy later came in the evening , he couldn't answer any question carpenters threw at him, they had plans to evn harass him for this bad job but i had to beg them, I told them to select whatever they can use, they selected some few, and said they can only use it as rough lat, nothing more. I had to start buying wood afresh because i didn't want my work to suffer since i only have easter break opportunity.
When Akeensbussy came, he started apologising even on whatsapp, he said they should mange whtaever is manageable there that we will sort it out after my roofing has been done. Total 104 planks out of the 250 he supplied was not useful even to chase a dog away. To the glory of God, i Was able to do my roofing, work that was supposed to be done for 2days max took 4 days because i had to go and start buying woods afresh.
I called Akeensbussy afterwards to ask for a refund, all he could say was that '' I think i am smart, that i just selected what is useful to me and told him to come and pack what is not good, he said he needs the whole 250 he supplied before we can talk of a refund.
What i asked from him is: is it possible for the wood to be good and i will still reject it knowing fully well that i have paid, Let's say 10percent of what he supplied was not good, that is acceptable, 42percent is more than a mistake.
Since he wants to prove to be smart, I have told him I will force him to refund my money and I will definitely do that.

This is just to alert whoever wants to go into any deal with this man to be careful. He is not truthful, he has no integrity, he will always go back on an agreement.
I have whatsapp chats, voice records as proofs incase of doubts.

Sincerely speaking...a lot of people are really waiting for you to come and force the money out of my hand.

In this line of business, I have never defrauded anybody in my life...both online and offline. And I can bet you...I will never do that.

with my 6yrs of experience in this business nobody has ever threaten me except you.

I know the gimmick of Carpenters...and other labours.

of more than 250 units of coconut planks supplied and condemned by the so called carpenters, at the end of the day i was told they used more than 146 pcs plank. that is 60%. of the plank supplied. I was told they managed to used those ones. so, if you can manage to use up to that then, u should be able to manage the rest.

my conclusion is that if you want a refund, then return all the coconut plank as supplied. then you get your refund.

After you and your carpenter had selected and those ones you think are good, you now left the ones you think are bad for me to come carry and refund you.

coconut plank can't be the same all thru and you compare it with normal plank. it is what they see in the bush they will cut and you can't expect it to come in the same size.

Am not saying...I will not refund you, but pls return all the plank intact the way it was supplied...and you will get you full payment back. so as to give to another person that is willing to buy. you and your carpenter can not fool me at this age.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 22, 2017
Verily verily I say unto thee, save for a few, property section is full of scam and scammers.

I'll continue to take my chances with local and/or off Nairaland artisans.

8 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by Hollasmall: 7:29am On Apr 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Verily verily I say unto thee, save for a few, property section is full of scam and scammers.

I'll continue to take my chances with local and/or off Nairaland artisans.

Na true Oga mi sir even the ones that will no scam will charge outreageously and never complete the job and still have the gut to ask for more money.

5 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by erico2k2(m): 12:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
akeensbussy:

Sincerely speaking...a lot of people are really waiting for you to come and force the money out of my hand.

In this line of business, I have never defrauded anybody in my life...both online and offline. And I can bet you...I will never do that.

with my 6yrs of experience in this business nobody has ever threaten me except you.

of more than 250 units of coconut planks supplied and condemned by the so called carpenters, at the end of the day i was told they used more than 146 pcs plank. that is 60%. of the plank supplied. I was told they managed to used those ones. so, if you can manage to use up to that then, u should be able to manage the rest.

my conclusion is that if you want a refund, then return all the coconut plank as supplied. then you get your refund.

After you and your carpenter had selected and those ones you think are good, you now left the ones you think are bad for me to come carry and refund you.

coconut plank can't be the same all thru and you compare it with normal plank. it is what they see in the bush they will cut and you can't expect it to come in the same size.

Am not saying...I will not refund you, but pls return all the plank intact the way it was supplied...and you will get you full payment back. so as to give to another person that is willing to buy. you and your carpenter can not fool me at this age.

Well done ohh Oga, dey rake there.U supply 250 plank yu dey beat chest here, people that supplied N5m worth of building materials are cooling in one cell awaiting trial .
Anyway you are lucky u are dealing with a gentleman . Some people for don put u 4 container for Koko junction by then U 4 kno say E Don red.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by folmus: 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2017
erico2k2:

Well done ohh Oga, dey rake there u supply 250 plank yu dey beat chest people that supplied N5m worth of building materials are cooling in one cell awaiting trial .
Anyway you are lucky u are dealing with a gentleman . Some people for don put u 4 container for Koko junction by then U 4 kno say E Don red.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by Hollasmall: 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
erico2k2:

Well done ohh Oga, dey rake there u supply 250 plank yu dey beat chest people that supplied N5m worth of building materials are cooling in one cell awaiting trial .

No mind ham bro nasoo den dey do they spoil show for honest people if care is not taking many will fall for his scam.

5 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by NL1960: 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
erico2k2:

People too gentle for Lagos and that is why it continues. This is why i like Waffy, No time to waste. If you say you wan prove smart by being fraudulent, be ready to end up in either koko junction or ugberikoko. grin

2 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by erico2k2(m): 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
NL1960:

People too gentle for Lagos and that is why it continues. This is why i like Waffy, No time to waste. If you say you wan prove smart by being fraudulent, be ready to end up in either koko junction or ugberikoko. grin
I hear say that drum water 4 that container at Koko nah 10.5 years old angry angry
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by Flaghouse1: 3:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
[quote author=akeensbussy post=55692421]

[/quote

[b]of more than 250 units of coconut planks supplied and condemned by the so called carpenters, at the end of the day i was told they used more than 146 pcs plank. that is 60%. of the plank supplied. I was told they managed to used those ones. so, if you can manage to use up to that then, u should be able to manage the rest.

[/b]of more than 250 units of coconut planks supplied and condemned by the so called carpenters, at the end of the day i was told they used more than 146 pcs plank. that is 60%. of the plank supplied. I was told they managed to used those ones. so, if you can manage to use up to that then, u should be able to manage the rest.

From above statement you have indicted yourself ,just refund him the equivalent amount of unused planks,I will advise you learn from BRABUS predicament dont you ever look down on any man that he can't put you in the slammer,judy my candid advice

6 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by Lokoyen(m): 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
akeensbussy:

You are lucky the man is gentle. When I call my soldiers u will refund with interest.

This is a warning to nairalanders never trust all these guys here dey are after ur moni.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by akeensbussy(m): 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
Lokoyen:

You are lucky the man is gentle. When I call my soldiers u will refund with interest.

This is a warning to nairalanders never trust all these guys here dey are after ur moni.

You made me laugh...Soldier? You don't even think about what you will meet at the other end....

plz before you take step, always weight the consequences....
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by erico2k2(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
akeensbussy:

You made me laugh...Soldier? You don't even think about what you will meet at the other end....

Guy abeg go pay the guy his money even though nah 20k a week refund his balance, cos even though you become Pope for the simple fact that you are in the wrong babalawo jazz go work you.But p lz pay back the balance make ur page no long cos like this you are losing customers. Im sure you do not have any paid advert for your biz it just word of mouth.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by Lokoyen(m): 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
akeensbussy:

As stated earlier thank your God its not me. You will know what you are in for. Just thank your God.
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by twinskenny(m): 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
@allCopacetic

another thing i notice is affordability.. went to asaba and inquire about coleman or kablemetal they said dont sell them here cause of cost.. they have different brand thats cheaper..
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by KolaShangOne(m): 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
@talk2eshin

Can you post pictures of the wood? Did you take any?
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by talk2eshin(m): 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2017
Sure,
I will in my next updates...

KolaShangOne:
@talk2eshin

Can you post pictures of the wood? Did you take any?
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by twinskenny(m): 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
NL1960:

Lol wetin they happen for those junction ooo
Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by NL1960: 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
twinskenny:

Lol wetin they happen for those junction ooo

A trial will convince you. Just try to go and do an hanky panky in Waffy saying na you smart pass, na then you go really know say Warri no dey carry last. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat by bellooyin(f): 8:46am On May 25, 2017
akeensbussy:

please refund this man money,he work hard for it,before curse go finish you,my candid advise for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes / Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. / How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.