Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? (5551 Views)

Nigeria Vs Egypt: Referee Blows Final Whistle As Salah Was About To Score (video / Naija Babes 6- People Rep Of Korea 2 Final whistle. / Iker Casillas Asked The Ref To Blow The Final Whistle Early Out Of Respect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by mikesleek(m): 6:13am On Nov 13, 2009
this is the real definition of crazy.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by inme: 6:24am On Nov 13, 2009
why open another thread for this rub-ish?

@FBS, u were supposed to be the moderator, how come you didn't see this as trash?

make una dey do una job wey seun dey pay una for ooo
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Ojumiii(m): 6:49am On Nov 13, 2009
It was part of the special effects!

Thats right my man,

I love my country,
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Ojumiii(m): 6:57am On Nov 13, 2009
this is the real definition of crazy.

It's high time we lean to say something good about our country
and appreciate her in whatever way she try to make us happy.

The light out was timely and good for that moment of history in the making.

No one can take the joy from me, 9ja 4ever
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by 700john: 8:32am On Nov 13, 2009
It's a good way to nigerialise the game. just for the wise to take note of naija strength in ages to come.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by FBS: 8:52am On Nov 13, 2009
in me:

why open another thread for this rub-ish?

@FBS, u were supposed to be the moderator, how come you didn't see this as trash?

make una dey do una job wey seun dey pay una for ooo
Anyone and everyone is free to create a thread even if it is stupid. Stupidity as you know is not a crime.  tongue
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by dustydee: 9:17am On Nov 13, 2009
the lights obviously went out, it was no special effect.We like decieving ourselves in this country.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by kellyvivs(f): 9:36am On Nov 13, 2009
Which power failure , where u c d light b4 e go fail. The stadium wz run on Gen. The reason wz 2 in-hence the fireworks
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by honeric01(m): 9:47am On Nov 13, 2009
This is why i dislike some Nigerian attitude, anything that looks strange is always counted in a negative way in Nigeria. i was at the stadium, the stadium run on gen and it was part of the plan to switch off the floodlights, if you watched the VIP stands closely, you would have seen that the vip lights were on even while the rest was intentionally switched off just to boost and enhance the effect of the fireworks. yes the light went off 2 seconds before the final whistle, but it was worth it, or would Spain had scored 2 goals in that 2 seconds

go to this thread if you need to see pix of the fireworks,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-344290.32.html#msg4915555
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by jaksparo: 10:02am On Nov 13, 2009
i love lagos but i don't want to live in lagos. Eko is just different from d rest. IMAGINE, a pitch colourfully lit by fireworks at the exact regulation time.
IMAGINE, a pitch thrown into darkness at regulation time. IMAGINE, a wonderful way of telling the centre referee time is up. I LOVE LAGOS, EKO FOR SHOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Hanoobaba(m): 10:15am On Nov 13, 2009
Nairalanders are very funny, some people intentionally come here to spew rubbish just to see the reaction of people. Please don't reply those idiots let them continue spitting rubbish. Even the dumbest person who watched that match would know the lights were switched off intentionally.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by gbokukueba(m): 10:17am On Nov 13, 2009
If this had happened in a western country, it would have been special. But because its in Nigeria Lagos then its an error. When will we stop vilifying our country?
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by andyty(m): 10:19am On Nov 13, 2009
I believe it's part of the organisation but the person in charge didn't wait for the referee's whistle before turning off the light, it was a mistake on the part of the person in charge. I guess he was over-excited and couldn't wait for the fireworks to start.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by temmytanny(m): 10:32am On Nov 13, 2009
it was NEPA as u all taught.the light went off because of the fireworks.i guess the man in charge of the lighting miscalculated when he swited it off so early.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Oluschenco(m): 10:43am On Nov 13, 2009
Light was switched off intentionally, because of the fireworks, but its a shame that they were not patient for the final whistle.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by honeric01(m): 10:47am On Nov 13, 2009
Oluschenco:

Light was switched off intentionally, because of the fireworks, but its a shame that they were not patient for the final whistle.

There is no shame in that.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by toideve(m): 10:49am On Nov 13, 2009
I'm not sure it was NEPA c'mon guys they can't possibly use NEPA light we know they don't exist besides when the light went off it wasn't all the light and the Score Board was still on, I think it was intentional
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by kodylicky(f): 11:06am On Nov 13, 2009
i believe it was just to enhance the fire works effect. anyway i didnt notice it was done before the final whistle. i guess i started celebrating before time. it was a lovely show
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by slimes(m): 11:08am On Nov 13, 2009
It's so obvious that NEPA did it again.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by honeric01(m): 11:16am On Nov 13, 2009
slimes:

It's so obvious that NEPA did it again.

People hardly read now a days, pathetic angry angry
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by FBS: 11:19am On Nov 13, 2009
honeric01:

People hardly read now a days, pathetic angry angry
bros, you can say that again. People don't read AT ALL.

Some people are ready to believe anything as long as it is negative and has to do with Nigeria. Pathetic like you said.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by honeric01(m): 11:25am On Nov 13, 2009
FBS:

bros, you can say that again. People don't read AT ALL.

Some people are ready to believe anything as long as it is negative and has to do with Nigeria. Pathetic like you said.

I wish i could just make their fingers whither so they can't type their usual rubbish about anything Nigeria,
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by NeroPapas(m): 11:31am On Nov 13, 2009
Na wa for you ooo Mr. Poster angry angry angry!!!

It's because you always thoght bad of this great country, thats why you thought that was a power failure, In case you still feel so let me tell you what happened.

The organisers knew Nigeria will win the match so they plan they will celebrate the victory with fireworks so and  in order for it to be colourful, the lights at the stadium will have to go off. That was excatly what happened.

So think twice b4 you post things like dis next time.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by jaksparo: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2009
can we talk about something else? i think we have over thrashed this fireworks issue
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Johnnoo(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2009
jaksparo:

i love lagos but i don't want to live in lagos. Eko is just different from d rest. IMAGINE, a pitch colourfully lit  by fireworks at the exact regulation time.
IMAGINE, a pitch thrown into darkness at regulation time. IMAGINE, a wonderful way of telling the centre referee time is up. I LOVE LAGOS, EKO FOR SHOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

LAGOS. . .  kiss

kellyvivs:

Which power failure , where u c d light b4 e go fail. The stadium wz run on Gen. The reason wz 2 in-hence the fireworks

End of discussion
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by honeric01(m): 11:43am On Nov 13, 2009
NeroPapas:

The organisers knew Nigeria will win the match so they plan they will celebrate the victory with fireworks so and  in order for it to be colourful, the lights at the stadium will have to go off. That was excatly what happened.

This was not the reason for the fireworks, the organizers would have still gone ahead with the fireworks if the eaglets didn't win because it was done by the Lagos loc to celebrate the successful hosting of the preliminary, round 16 and the semi finals here in lagos and to also make fifa happy in case they want to consider giving Nigeria another hosting right in the future, they might have to consider giving Lagos the opening and the closing matches.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Nezan(m): 11:44am On Nov 13, 2009
I only pray FIFA dont sanction us.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by honeric01(m): 11:48am On Nov 13, 2009
Nezan:

I only pray FIFA dont sanction us.

Not this fifa that i know, lol
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by donclemo(m): 11:58am On Nov 13, 2009
gbokukueba:

If this had happened in a western country, it would have been special. But because its in Nigeria Lagos then its an error. When will we stop vilifying our country?
Ure right the people shouting phcn and other negative things abt Naija wuld hav been the ones praising them if una don tire for naija make una go form refugee camp.
honeric01:

This is why i dislike some Nigerian attitude, anything that looks strange is always counted in a negative way in Nigeria. i was at the stadium, the stadium run on gen and it was part of the plan to switch off the floodlights, if you watched the VIP stands closely, you would have seen that the vip lights were on even while the rest was intentionally switched off just to boost and enhance the effect of the fireworks. yes the light went off 2 seconds before the final whistle, but it was worth it, or would Spain had scored 2 goals in that 2 seconds

go to this thread if you need to see pix of the fireworks,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-344290.32.html#msg4915555
na this people na dem dey spoil Naija. i believe Naija finish we no dey cary last oh, we too much
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2009
I wonder de kind of replies people post on dis forum. Which Yoruba village are u guys from
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by donclemo(m): 12:15pm On Nov 13, 2009
see as some people dey talk, Fuel finish for Gen how many of u would want to organise a program or an event and would not check if there is fuel in your Gen some of una no even sabi think self reasoning faculty is so low when people are thinking in miles ure thinking in milimeters. just take a second and about wat u post say fuel finish, even u go call urself idiot for ur mind bt would not be able to admit it out.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by wunmilyn(f): 12:15pm On Nov 13, 2009
i watched dat match nd wen the light went off i knew its was to enhance the fire work.
thought of PHCN neva came across my mind.
i was extremely happy because lagos did it in a special way
no wonder the slogan was tag "Eko owns the game".

i wonder why some people will come here and be saying rubbish.
even a blind person will tell u that wat happened at the stadium yesterday has nothing to do with PHCN.
cos at first, the light was running on Gen. nd not PHCN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture / Uk Football Pools Result And Information / 5 African Footballers Who Went From Rich To Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.