Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,574 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? (5550 Views)

Nigeria Vs Egypt: Referee Blows Final Whistle As Salah Was About To Score (video / Naija Babes 6- People Rep Of Korea 2 Final whistle. / Iker Casillas Asked The Ref To Blow The Final Whistle Early Out Of Respect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by honeric01(m): 10:25am On Nov 14, 2009
mikesleek:

I really don't understand how some people think. What would have gone wrong if the "celebrations" had waited till the ref blew the final whistle two seconds later? Couldn't the controller general of the flood light wait for the whistle?

And what's wrong with 2 seconds? did Spain complain that the light stopped them from scoring 2 equalizing goals?
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by olusanmi: 10:27am On Nov 14, 2009
I THOUGHT IT WAS FOR THE FIREWORKS TO BE MORE VISIBLE. undecided
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by chidichris(m): 11:19am On Nov 14, 2009
that was part of the rebranding programme in nigeria.
some nigerians are saying the camara was faced up and some were saying they just switched off the light.
at the end of the day, glory be to God nigeria was winning the game before the shameful and cultural display otherwise the fans would have made a mess of the situation and the consequences wld have been a brutal one.
all the same, tornaments like these are used the showcase the real situations in countries as in what they can offer.
nigeria was able to showcase what we are used to and what we enjoy as a people despite our oil reserves.
at least the world was able to see how we have been living despite all efforts to cover things up.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by inme: 11:39am On Nov 14, 2009
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LIGHT

International Football - Beckham's Galaxy reach MLS final
Reuters - Sat, 14 Nov 08:26:00 2009

Buzz Up!
The Los Angeles Galaxy and David Beckham reached the MLS Cup final after a 2-0 extra-time victory over the Houston Dynamo in a game halted twice for floodlight failure.

More StoriesDavid Beckham slideshow
Terry England's latest injury concern
The Galaxy will meet the winner of the Eastern Conference final on Saturday between Chicago Fire and Real Salt Lake City in next Sunday's final in Seattle to determine the MLS champions.

The floodlights went out in the 18th minute, causing an almost 20-minute break, and the same happened again six minutes after the interval with stadium officials blaming the local grid for the failure.

Houston came close to taking the lead in the 78th minute when Brian Ching's header was spectacularly tipped over by LA keeper Donovan Ricketts and from the resulting corner Andrew Hainault headed home but the effort was ruled out for an infringement.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/14112009/58/international-football-beckham-galaxy-reach-mls-final.html
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by anonimi: 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2009
in me:

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LIGHT

International Football - Beckham's Galaxy reach MLS final
Reuters - Sat, 14 Nov 08:26:00 2009

Buzz Up!
[i]The Los Angeles Galaxy and David Beckham reached the MLS Cup final after a 2-0 extra-time victory over the Houston Dynamo in a game halted twice for floodlight failure.

(skip)

The floodlights went out in the 18th minute, causing an almost 20-minute break, and the same happened again six minutes after the interval with stadium officials blaming the local grid for the failure.

(Skip)

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/14112009/58/international-football-beckham-galaxy-reach-mls-final.html

so, essentially no be only for 9ja sudden blackout dey happen, even for obodo america sef.[/b]i guess we should jump for joy and shout halleluyah in church tomorrow and have special prayers next friday at least we are equal to america on some obscure point.
meanwhile, i hope if your [b]child fails in school u will also look for some other children who failed and console your child with that fact
shocked
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by honeric01(m): 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2009
anonimi:

so, essentially no be only for 9ja sudden blackout dey happen, even for obodo america sef.[/b]i guess we should jump for joy and shout halleluyah in church tomorrow and have special prayers next friday at least we are equal to america on some obscure point.
meanwhile, i hope if your [b]child fails in school u will also look for some other children who failed and console your child with that fact
shocked

And what makes you think Thursday's case was power failure?
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Signorina: 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2009
When the light went off I thought they were about to kidnap some oyibo, If na for Naija Delta wetin you think say go happen if Spain win Naija, ?
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by mikesleek(m): 4:05pm On Nov 14, 2009
Signorina:

When the light went off I thought they were about to kidnap some oyibo, If na for Naija Delta wetin you think say go happen if Spain win Naija, ?
ROTFLOL: that na why referee take off from field. make them no kidnap am.

honeric01:

And what makes you think Thursday's case was power failure?

Please ask him!

honeric01:

And what's wrong with 2 seconds? did Spain complain that the light stopped them from scoring 2 equalizing goals?

And what is wrong with alowing the two seconds?
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by honeric01(m): 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2009
mikesleek:

Please ask him!

And what is wrong with alowing the two seconds?

where you dey self? you no hot, you no cold, where you dey self?
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Jairzinho(m): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2009
Floodlights went off twice in MLS Western conference finals game in Los Angeles,USA featuring David Beckham & his team last night.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8360159.stm

Im not saying it should,but we tend to be too critical of ourselves,I know we have useless leaders . . . BUT. . . . .
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by DisGuy: 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2009
come on at least the light went off

according to what we are reading they deliberately turned the light off to enhance the lightworks?? sounds kinda funny considering it was a late match and the fireworks were clearly visible before the lights went off

any way let's celebrate and book hotels for South Africa 2010 in advance!
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by honeric01(m): 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2009
Dis Guy:

come on at least the light went off

according to what we are reading they deliberately turned the light off to enhance the lightworks?? sounds kinda funny considering it was a late match and the fireworks were clearly visible before the lights went off

With this, i can see that you just wanted to write something sha about the topic
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by mikesleek(m): 7:20pm On Nov 14, 2009
honeric01:

where you dey self? you no hot, you no cold, where you dey self?

i dey front of my system. All i am simply saying is they could and should have allowed the 2 secs elapse before turning off the light. Atleast even a foll with half a brain should know that.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by honeric01(m): 7:33pm On Nov 14, 2009
mikesleek:

i dey front of my system. All i am simply saying is they could and should have allowed the 2 secs elapse before turning off the light. Atleast even a foll with half a brain should know that.

yes, the person should have waited for the ref's whistle, but all the same, nothing spoil, 2 seconds
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by mikesleek(m): 12:41am On Nov 15, 2009
honeric01:

yes, the person should have waited for the ref's whistle, but all the same, nothing spoil, 2 seconds

ehen. shikina, case close!
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Fhemmmy: 4:04am On Nov 15, 2009
Cos Nigeria wanted to show their identity.
A nation with money but in darkness
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by euomenka: 9:52am On Nov 15, 2009
Trust naija now, dem say wetin remain 1 don finish already. So Naija applied that logic, coupled with the knockout(banger) wey all dem fans buy dey troway am up. So de baba wey dey in charge of light come think say stadium wan catch fire n im e go swicth off light. grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by toshacer: 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2009
meaninlgess comments.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by mireco(m): 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2009
The light didnt go off before the match ended but after the match and the light was put out cos of the fireworks
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Jaybee2412(m): 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2009
That could have resulted in a stampeed. Heads should roll
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by killer101: 6:46pm On Nov 15, 2009
Na wah oh! All dis people weh dey too patriotics na dem dey spoil nigeria. Which kind YEYE fireworks bi dat? U started throwing knock-outs before d end d match, that is absolutely premature. Shey dey tell dem say spanish people or d world never see fireworks before? 2 worsen it all, one wicked baba wey e hand don dey scratch am go off d light 2 show 9ja colour 2 d world, despite all d money we have. That's very shameful. Before fifa go fit allow 9ja host again, e go reach 50th century. So stop praising bad things.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by mikesleek(m): 10:46pm On Nov 15, 2009
mireco:

The light didnt go off before the match ended but after the match and the light was put out cos of the fireworks

What type of TV did you watch your's on? Kerosene or charcoal TV?
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by dipo2much(m): 5:37am On Nov 16, 2009
the lights went off to make the fireworks more beautiful
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by honeric01(m): 9:20am On Nov 16, 2009
This thread should be closed!!!
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by echobee(f): 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2009
the ref borrow person spike shoe. him take off grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by honeric01(m): 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2009
this thread should be closed for god's sake.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Damoche10: 11:43am On Nov 19, 2009
National Disgrace
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by solodox(m): 11:09am On Dec 07, 2009
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed whistles,
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by 1forall: 11:28am On Dec 07, 2009
honeric01:

This thread should be closed!!!

honeric01:

this thread should be closed for god's sake.
Ok, so maybe you should quit commenting then? undecided
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All About Suarez's Bites (PICS) / Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture / Uk Football Pools Result And Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.