Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos (1801 Views)

Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) / Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger / My Father Told Me To Bury Him With Walking Stick Whenever He Dies - Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 10:12am On Dec 10, 2016
A child's legs were buried in the ground in Markudi, Benue state -over his inability to walk as at when due. While the witness who shared these photos and some online users are perplexed over what they call "barbaric and brutal", others have argued that this is an effective method to make the children take the first step..

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/parents-bury-their-childs-legs-in.html

Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 10:13am On Dec 10, 2016

Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by HQuadreal: 10:14am On Dec 10, 2016
hmmm hmmm clear throat.
Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by madridguy(m): 10:16am On Dec 10, 2016
Proudly Africa.
Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by mii4u(f): 10:17am On Dec 10, 2016
It is neither barbaric nor brutal, it is just an ancient method of physiotherapy

7 Likes

Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by HQuadreal: 10:18am On Dec 10, 2016
HQuadreal:
hmmm hmmm clear throat.
This one surprise me ooo.
Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by Cadamlk: 10:18am On Dec 10, 2016
If the idea will make the child walk,i dont see any problem with it.

But after the whole exercise the child still does not walk, then there is a problem with that tradition.
Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 10:19am On Dec 10, 2016
cc; lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by PrettyCrystal: 10:19am On Dec 10, 2016
it works for them
Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by GbovoLee(m): 10:21am On Dec 10, 2016
funny enough this method would work..so no criticism. probably thats the only method the parents could afford
Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by dainformant(m): 10:23am On Dec 10, 2016
u go fear physiotherapy
Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by Atiku2019: 10:39am On Dec 10, 2016
mii4u:
It is neither barbaric nor brutal, it is just an ancient method of physiotherapy

Exactly smiley
Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by RoyalBlak007: 10:48am On Dec 10, 2016
.See
method grin.

Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by jmoore(m): 11:30am On Dec 10, 2016
The pikin no dey cry na.

Some folks sef. Anything that looks ancient sounds barbaric to them. smh

1 Like

Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by general111(m): 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
This works very well.when I was a child,my mum told me I refused to stand nor walk,eventhough i was medically sound.they discovered i was scared of walking.so a lady came,dug the ground and put my foot in it.gradually I began my journey to the realm of walking.
Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by TR1212: 8:28am On Dec 11, 2016
Like someone said above, this is an ancient method of physiotherapy. There's nothing barbaric about it, I speak from experience. Also, it gives some psychological push to the said child to walk. Normally, this is done in a playground of some sort with children playing to make the said child see what he/she is missing out on. When next they remember they can be carried around at play time, or even crawl, they'll be motivated to walk.

My house help did this to me when I was little. My parents didn't complain when they came back though because I started walking same day or next.
Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by MamaTej(f): 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2016
Proudly Africa.
Re: Parents Bury Their Child's Legs In The Ground In Benue State. See Why. Photos by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
What happened to baby walker or they cant afford that one?

Some insects hide inside sand sha. Hope they don't bite the baby.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Yam Pounder / My Advice To Young Marriage-able Ladies / What A Fiancee Posted On A Lovers Wall.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.