Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity (1003 Views)

Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59am On Mar 15, 2017

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by Alleviating: 7:03am On Mar 15, 2017
sad
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 15, 2017
Good of him to finally get sense smiley
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:08am On Mar 15, 2017
Summary of the write up.

The guy became scared of the dark and death.

So he crawled back to believing. Believing because he just can't accept that everything would end in death... "there has to be another place where we'll continue to live".

Well, I can't blame anyone for believing in anything that promises something more than life. The sadness or emptiness is simply fear. If all we have to do is believe to feel better, why not?

When it is all said and done, there is still no knowledge of life afterwards. It remains this way, even in our believing. Yes, we have seen other organisms on the planet perish without any indications of transporting to a different realm. But somehow, we (thinking, self-conscious beings) don't want to accept this oblivion staring coldly in our faces. Homosapiens just has to be specially predestined amongst all animals?

No one knows.

Some just believe. Some choose to believe...

I say, we still don't know!

No matter how badly we want it, everything dies. This is how far it goes for now.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by Pastafarian: 10:00am On Mar 15, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Summary of the write up.

The guy became scared of the dark and death.

So he crawled back to believing. Believing because he just can't accept that everything would end in death... "there has to be another place where we'll continue to live".

Well, I can't blame anyone for believing in anything that promises something more than life. The sadness or emptiness is simply fear. If all we have to do is believe to feel better, why not?

When it is all said and done, there is still no knowledge of life afterwards. It remains this way, even in our believing. Yes, we have seen other organisms on the planet perish without any indications of transporting to a different realm. But somehow, we (thinking, self-conscious beings) don't want to accept this oblivion staring coldly in our faces. Homosapiens just has to be specially predestined amongst all animals?

No one knows.

Some just believe. Some choose to believe...

I say, we still don't know!

No matter how badly we want it, everything dies. This is how far it goes for now.

Thread closed!!!!
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:06am On Mar 15, 2017
Muafrika2:

Good of him to finally get sense smiley

We can only hope that our house atheists will finally see the light. undecided
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by enshy: 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

They have seen the Light!
Isnt all your posts not enough light?
See John 1:5 says 'the light shineth in darkness and darkness comprehendeth it not'...Men have rejected the True Light for they loved darkness rather than light for their deeds are evil: Why reject the light if you dont know it? They know the light but have rejected by choice due to lack of spiritual understanding, comprehension, insight and strength.
The light is shining gloriously more and more but darkness just wouldnt comprehend it!
We pray that God would open their understanding. Amen!
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by GoodMuyis(m): 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
Before nko
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by orunto27: 1:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
It's just incorrect. And those listing up on Nairaland are ignorant nuisances. They don't even understand "A WORD OR THE WORD IN HOLY BOOKS".
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by Certitude(m): 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
@ScepticalPyrrho
Afterlife go sweet. ain't talking of one where we don't get hungry or get to watch my favourite sport, neither am I for the one where you drink and sex
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by sonofthunder: 6:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
I know a few monikers that won't like this
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2017
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by ScepticalPyrrho: 6:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
Certitude:
@ScepticalPyrrho
Afterlife go sweet. ain't talking of one where we don't get hungry or get to watch my favourite sport, neither am I for the one where you drink and sex
Which one do you wish for?
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by Certitude(m): 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Which one do you wish for?
Continuation of our present world in the afterlife where there will be both good and evil and the presence of religion telling us of an after-afterlife.
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
Certitude:

Continuation of our present world in the afterlife where there will be both good and evil and the presence of religion telling us of an after-afterlife.
Perhaps, scientists will find a solution to that in the future.
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by Emusan(m): 9:20am On Mar 16, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Yes, we have seen other organisms on the planet perish without any indications of transporting to a different realm.

Are you part of those organisms for you to know whether they transported to a different realm or not?

Even the human class you belong to, you can't boldly say with 100% assurance that nothing happens after death talk less of dragging other organisms which you're not part of into it.

All these Mr. Common sense can't stop to amaze people sha
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by Emusan(m): 9:24am On Mar 16, 2017
LightandDarkness:
https://islamconverts./2012/09/22/us-professor-dr-jeffrey-lang-how-i-embraced-islam/

when will these Christians see the light

When will you and your Muslim brothers see the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ when even Islamic scholars converted to Christianity?
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:47am On Mar 16, 2017
Emusan:

Are you part of those organisms for you to know whether they transported to a different realm or not?

Even the human class you belong to, you can't boldly say with 100% assurance that nothing happens after death talk less of dragging other organisms which you're not part of into it.

All these Mr. Common sense can't stop to amaze people sha
I'm sorry you're pained.

You've only reiterated my point. The difference is that I sense frustration in your test. I've made my peace with that.

You don't know, I don't know, we don't know...

So, tell me what you've refuted.

Mr. Uncommon Sense.
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2017
enshy:

They have seen the Light!
Isnt all your posts not enough light?
See John 1:5 says 'the light shineth in darkness and darkness comprehendeth it not'...Men have rejected the True Light for they loved darkness rather than light for their deeds are evil: Why reject the light if you dont know it? They know the light but have rejected by choice due to lack of spiritual understanding, comprehension, insight and strength.
The light is shining gloriously more and more but darkness just wouldnt comprehend it!
We pray that God would open their understanding. Amen!

You are right. The scripture also says in Romans 1:18 that they are suppressing the truth. undecided
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Before nko

Can you clarify?
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

I'm sorry you're pained.

You've only reiterated my point. The difference is that I sense frustration in your test. I've made my peace with that.

Mr. Uncommon Sense.

Look at who is talking. undecided

1 Share

Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by Pastafarian: 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I'm sorry you're pained.

Mr. Uncommon Sense.

I tire for these deluded Christians
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Look at who is talking. undecided
I assume you also can't deny my claims.
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

I assume you also can't deny my claims.

What claims? I've noticed how you conveniently dodged all my questions burying your head in the sand. undecided
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by ScepticalPyrrho: 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

What claims? I've noticed how you conveniently dodged all my questions burying your head in the sand. undecided
I notice how you inconveniently dodged my first post.
Re: Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01pm On Mar 16, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

I notice how you inconveniently dodged my first post.

I don't really expect you to answer my questions because I know its all about maintaining your sinful lifestyle.

Go back to your thread and see how you were the active dodger to all my posts. https://www.nairaland.com/3674204/shameful-display-hypocrisy-nl-theists/5#54586634

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Be Cautious!! Do not be Led astray!! / Life Doesn't Have The Last Word (When You're Walking In The Spirit) - Paul Ellis / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/12/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.