Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) (17745 Views)

Our Marriage Maybe Seriously Falling Apart: Please Advise Me! / Nigeria Introduces New Federal Marriage Certificate / Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Tunmmyzhe: 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2016
I know this thread suppose to be in Crime section because I see this as criminal offense as her action is consider as crime of the highest order but I decided to bring it to nairaland family to know the implication of this type of crime .

There is something I have been pursuing for the past 5 years which God just answered my prayer on it this month, so I was called for documentation on Tuesday which Marriage Certificate is among . since the marriage certificate is in my wife care. I decided to pick it up with other documents so I can present this coming Tuesday , when I glanced at the marriage certificate I just saw that my wife date of birth has been altered in fact the alteration is obvious because she altered it with blue pen while the original is written in black ink.

Is like somebody cut off my head immediately I saw this because I couldn't believe my eye and tears started drooping from my eyes.

Please married people on naira land help me what can do ? I must not miss this opportunity.

I have not called her now because curse is the only thing that can come out of me to her at this moment, I am thinking of reporting her in police station because it seems she is a devil behind my success.

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by mekzyjoe(m): 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2016
undecided.... Mr man no nid to shed tears,enjoy ur life,talk her,if no valid reasons den talk her parents abt it,..enjoy life bro

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by don4real: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
Try and know the reason behind such act
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Tunmmyzhe: 4:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
don4real:
Try and know the reason behind such act

that's y I need her to be arrested o. because she is not a straightforward type and she is stubborn, she will never disclose the reason instead she will be lying I know my wife very well than even her parent.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by hylyne(m): 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2016
If you must use that certificate , back it up with affidavit and it would fly again....

I can't blame ur wife for her actions, cos there are two sides of the story. Ur doesn't add up well...

5 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by hylyne(m): 5:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
Tunmmyzhe:

that's y I need her to be arrested o. because she is not a straightforward type and she is stubborn, she will never disclose the reason instead she will be lying I know my wife very well than even her parent.

Did you say, you want to arrest your wife? Quite Strange. Are you sure, you aren't trying to run away?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Tunmmyzhe: 5:21pm On Dec 10, 2016
hylyne:

Did you say, you want to arrest your wife? Quite Strange. Are you sure, you aren't trying to run away?

yes I want to arrest her because she has done more damage on my life than good. I still need some answers to my previous questions which I never disclosed to anyone before.

I am not running out bro she's always part of my plan
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
did she tell you why she changed it? I see the altered "5", what # was there before? do you want to get her arrested because she will confess to the police but not you?

she has done more damage in your life than good? how? sorry you feel this way.

too many unanswered questions.

3 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by eph12(m): 5:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
Why don't you just file for divorce and save yourself all these headache?

20 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Tunmmyzhe: 5:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
iliketheSunrise:
did she tell you why she changed it? I see the altered "5", what # was there before? do you want to get her arrested because she will confess to the police but not you?

she has done more damage in your life than good? how? sorry you feel this way.

too many unanswered questions.
thank u sister, there are some questions I won't be able to answer here cos its personal, I just need solution to the issue at hand now.

Is there anything I can do to defend this alteration?

1 Like

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
Tunmmyzhe:

thank u sister, there are some questions I won't be able to answer here cos its personal, I just need solution to the issue at hand now.

okay, cool.

i would say the best way to defend it is through getting her to talk and explain her reasons, if any, for doing it. other than this, idk, b/c you've provided little information. maybe someone else here has better advice for you.

5 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by moscobabs(m): 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
that's fraud and impersonation, She wasn't the one writing the certificate why was she alter it?

RoyalRoy

Seun

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by sanandreas(m): 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2016
grin grin grin okpetu wife.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by lilmax(m): 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2016
involve the police
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by don4real: 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
@ op, no need to arrest her. Get an affidavit to back up the alteration

3 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by stillondmatter: 6:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
arrest your wife? I don't it's up to that yet
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Jesusbaby49: 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
Na WA oo.. U said the alteration is obvious because it was originally written in black ink and she used blue ink... All I can see is blue ink... Something is wrong with ur story.

And I think I have read this story before. E ku ise oo

13 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
This is real funny grin

You mean you want to have your wife arrested

If it has really gotten to that point, just file for divorce abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Ngokafor(f): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
..Weird people with weird stories everywhere undecided...

..imagine arresting your wife for a so-called date of birth alteration..I wonder what happened to dear old 'divorce' for such a 'heinous and abominable crime against humanity'..

..isi okpo sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
Tunmmyzhe:

Kuku kill her grin

1 Like

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Mekzyzeus(m): 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2016
In as much as I sympathize with you on your predicament, do remember you made a vow to God and to her to stick by her forever.
Communication is lacking in your marriage, and you need to work on that.
As about the problem at hand, you can go back to the registry where you got the certificate and get a replacement, or you can back it up with an affidavit.
Goodluck, and remember communication works!
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by MizzD: 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2016
Tunmmyzhe:

How will arresting her help whatever plans you have?

What exactly do you want from nairalanders?

Figure out the reason for the alteration?
How to defend the alteration for whatever purpose you want it for?
How to get your wife arrested?

I would have thought the first thing is to talk to your wife and find out why she altered the document, then proceed to get an affidavit to render it valid and useful for whatever you want to use it for while you settle your differences whether revoncilable or irreconcilable afterwards.

All these threats of arresting her is just a waste of time

4 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Tunmmyzhe: 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
Jesusbaby49:
Na WA oo.. U said the alteration is obvious because it was originally written in black ink and she used blue ink... All I can see is blue ink... Something is wrong with ur story.

And I think I have read this story before. E ku ise oo

guy this not a job OK?

the certificate is with me and I know the colour either of the colour but it never change the fact that it was altered.

u have seen the story somewhere?

pls I need the link.

guy go back to your romance section I only need mature people on this thread.

if u know how serious the issue is....u won't be comment trash on my thread

1 Like

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2016
It will make more sense if you seek the counsel of a lawyer than random individual's on a forum.
Of which your wife may even be a member sef.
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by sunvick(m): 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2016
I will suggest you go to a high court for an affidavit to support your marriage certificate and pursue your contract 1st and come back to your wife matter later. If you query your wife now regarding the change of DOB, you might miss out on the major opportunity you are chasing after. So take it one at a time.
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by sparklebug: 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2016
Arresting your wife is rather extreme and dosent help your cause right now. Seek the services of a lawyer to tell you how to go about revalidating the certificate. Seems you're applying for a visa of some sort.....
Looking at d certificate seems your wife changed the date from 3 to 5....her reasons could be something as flimsy as wanting to be younger than you on paper. I don't think she envisaged this will cause you discomfort In the future. On a lighter note, I'm birthday mate with Your wife...only difference is d year

1 Like

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
sparklebug:
Arresting your wife is rather extreme and dosent help your cause right now. Seek the services of a lawyer to tell you how to go about revalidating the certificate. Seems you're applying for a visa of some sort.....
Looking at d certificate seems your wife changed the date from 3 to 5....her reasons could be something as flimsy as wanting to be younger than you on paper. I don't think she envisaged this will cause you discomfort In the future. On a lighter note, I'm birthday mate with Yorkshire wife...only difference is d year

Dats a really dumb reason . U don't change an official document for a flimsy reason like dat , there's got 2 b more to it

1 Like

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by chumakk: 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2016
If you didn't marry now people will not allow you to drink water and drop cup. My guy, file court affvd. Place a paper on the correction part and write the correct data and photocopy it that's if they don't ask you the original file.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by mrsmith11(m): 9:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
Go to federal high court and declare the certificate missing then apply for a CERTIFIED TRUE COPY from the registry/council with the sworn affidavit from the high court

The certified true copy will carry the original info

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by darlyE: 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2016
Are u sure she is d one that changed it. There was an error on my date of birth on the wedding certificate. So ask before u crucified her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
what I can deduce from op story including the once he did not want to make public is that he has entered one chance in the name of marriage...chai !!

only God knows I would've rather remain a professional bachelor than to be in a union that will give me a nightmare

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
darlyE:
Are u sure she is d one that changed it. There was an error on my date of birth on the wedding certificate. So ask before u crucified her

5/10 of nija women of marriageable age are guilty of age falsification

......study founds

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Seeking To Separate Fighters Set Son, Seven-year-old Ablaze / What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? / Take The Pressure Off The Kids: Why Kids Need To Play

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.