Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) (17803 Views)

Our Marriage Maybe Seriously Falling Apart: Please Advise Me! / Nigeria Introduces New Federal Marriage Certificate / Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by ffrreeee(f): 10:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
You are just making issue out of nothing. The registry people made a mistake on my marriage certificate, Infact they made a mistake with my surname and hubby's own. When we found out, we returned the certificate to them and to my surprise, the head of the unit corrected the errors with ordinary pen. I have never had any challenge using the certificate. I have used it for my change of name, for a new job and even abroad without any complain. So, why disturb yourself over it. What if there was a mistake from the registry just like mine, would you have killed yourself? Let her get an affidavit to back it. All the best.

9 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Amicable24: 10:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
Jesusbaby49:
Na WA oo.. U said the alteration is obvious because it was originally written in black ink and she used blue ink... All I can see is blue ink... Something is wrong with ur story.

And I think I have read this story before. E ku ise oo

Tunmmyzhe:

guy this not a job OK?

the certificate is with me and I know the colour either of the colour but it never change the fact that it was altered.
Sorry sir, but all I see is in blue ink too.. Abi is our cameras now changing black inks to blue

3 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by freecocoa(f): 12:08am On Dec 11, 2016
Wetin person no go see for NL. grin grin grin
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by MidieMeliss(f): 3:14am On Dec 11, 2016
Tunmmyzhe:

that's y I need her to be arrested o. because she is not a straightforward type and she is stubborn, she will never disclose the reason instead she will be lying I know my wife very well than even her parent.
I have been reeling in laughter since I read this. Mehn! this is so hilarious. Bia, have you ever head of a person cutting off his head because of a minor headache? Something drugs can cure? OP, let me be straight forward with you based on your story. (and yes, I may judge you because I have only heard your side of it, maybe if I read your wife's side I may judge her too) You are no more in love with your wife. you are tired of the marriage. you want out already. Simply put hate your wife! People have given you very good advice on this forum. if you are going to arrest her, simply file for a divorce instead. All I see here is a man who is tired, don't blame it on any date reversal, you simply want out. If this is really the case, then do it without drama. All these stories of your wife is stubborn, she can lie bla bla bla you are coming here to tell simply says a whole lot about your own personality. Don't destroy tour home with your own hands Sir. You have a problem on the front, call your wife, and deal with it! if you can't, then peacefully back out. Let me also mention that family misunderstandings are best settled within the home. When you make up now, none of us will hear about it, but we will never forget about the long write ups on forums about how you want to arrest your wife, bla bla bla. I am also very sure you will have told some people around you too. This is absolutely wrong! Marriage is very much a life long sacred thing, keep it so.

6 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Nobody: 3:55am On Dec 11, 2016
mrsmith11:
Go to federal high court and declare the certificate missing then apply for a CERTIFIED TRUE COPY from the registry/council with the sworn affidavit from the high court

The certified true copy will carry the original info

Very simple and straightforward. I don't understand why the op is angry. He has an ulterior motive against his wife.
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 11, 2016
most people don't really realize that whatever misunderstanding that can take you to police station means that you guys won't be friends anymore or even want to say hi

making more enemies than friends should not even be a thing

communication is important talk to her first and if you can't continue walk away.... get a divorce but dont just get her arrested it's not a solution

1 Like

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Asey(f): 5:49am On Dec 11, 2016
i think u can go to the ministry which issues marriage certs for a replacement.
they wld ve a copy there
Tunmmyzhe:
I know this thread suppose to be in Crime section because I see this as criminal offense as her action is consider as crime of the highest order but I decided to bring it to nairaland family to know the implication of this type of crime .

There is something I have been pursuing for the past 5 years which God just answered my prayer on it this month, so I was called for documentation on Tuesday which Marriage Certificate is among . since the marriage certificate is in my wife care. I decided to pick it up with other documents so I can present this coming Tuesday , when I glanced at the marriage certificate I just saw that my wife date of birth has been altered in fact the alteration is obvious because she altered it with blue pen while the original is written in black ink.

Is like somebody cut off my head immediately I saw this because I couldn't believe my eye and tears started drooping from my eyes.

Please married people on naira land help me what can do ? I must not miss this opportunity.

I have not called her now because curse is the only thing that can come out of me to her at this moment, I am thinking of reporting her in police station because it seems she is a devil behind my success.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by fayluv1(f): 8:07am On Dec 11, 2016
its obvious u are not in love wit ur wife anymore, did she tell u she was born 85, cos u said she lies a lot. for d love u had for her when u married her forgive n move on, age is just a numba
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by MicroBox: 10:35am On Dec 11, 2016
Scary Species....

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by 4dor: 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
mrsmith11:
Go to federal high court and declare the certificate missing then apply for a CERTIFIED TRUE COPY from the registry/council with the sworn affidavit from the high court

The certified true copy will carry the original info

Op, listen to this man. He's the only person making sense by giving you a practical solution.

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Ngokafor(f): 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
carmag:

5/10 of nija women of marriageable age are guilty of age falsification

......study founds

...Please stop this falsehood.Who told you that age falsification is a Nigerian women thing??..The truth of the matter is that 95% of Nigerians do not quote their real ages for ANYTHING!! and falsfy anything that has do with documents and docmentations,even receipts of purchases of items made officially.

....Ages in International Passports,Drivers licenses,National Ids e.t.c...are not exempted.

...I have conducted counless job interviews in my Office ,therefore,i can make bold to say that most job applicants falsify their ages,with genuine Court affidavit to back up their claims..A disproportionate number of them being males...Some are smart enough to reduce their ages by a year or two(to tally with their school documents),while some will reduce theirs by 6,7 or even 10 years!. shocked

....We went for a Field official assignment in one remote area two years ago where we had to request for the ages of the inhabitants...for some reason,they felt that whatever information we wanted,the younger they claim to be,the better for them financially..All of a sudden and to our surprise,those clearly in their Fifties and Sixties all claimed to be in their 30s embarassed....in amusement,one of my colleagues calmly challenged one of them by saying.."Sir no vexoo,i am 32..are you saying you and i are the same age?"(in pidgin English)..to which the poor oldman visibly embarrased,had no answer. cheesy

..As a matter of fact,those who use their actual ages in documents are in serious minority..you can book-mark that...so please its not a Nigerian woman thing..far from it.

3 Likes

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by njiasi30(f): 2:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
hylyne:

Did you say, you want to arrest your wife? Quite Strange. Are you sure, you aren't trying to run away?
@ trying to run away, abeg no kill me with laugh grin grin
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by baby124: 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ngokafor:

...Please stop this falsehood.Who told you that age falsification is a Nigerian women thing??..The truth of the matter is that 95% of Nigerians do not quote their real ages for ANYTHING!! and falsfy anything that has do with documents and docmentations,even receipts of purchases of items made officially.

....Ages in International Passports,Drivers licenses,National Ids e.t.c...are not exempted.

...I have conducted counless job interviews in my Office ,therefore,i can make bold to say that most job applicants falsify their ages,with genuine Court affidavit to back up their claims..A disproportionate number of them being males...Some are smart enough to reduce their ages by a year or two(to tally with their school documents),while some will reduce theirs by 6,7 or even 10 years!. shocked

....We went for a Field official assignment in one remote area two years ago where we had to request for the ages of the inhabitants...for some reason,they felt that whatever information we wanted,the younger they claim to be,the better for them financially..All of a sudden and to our surprise,those clearly in their Fifties and Sixties all claimed to be in their 30s embarassed....in amusement,one of my colleagues calmly challenged one of them by saying.."Sir no vexoo,i am 32..are you saying you and i are the same age?"(in pidgin English)..to which the poor oldman visibly embarrased,had no answer. cheesy

..As a matter of fact,those who use their actual ages in documents are in serious minority..you can book-mark that...so please its not a Nigerian woman thing..far from it.
grin. Same thing I thought. I think OP's wife had a use for that document. The OP knows her age which is obviously 1983 instead of the 1985 there! It's not possible that a woman will increase her age to get married. Rather they reduce it. OP is obviously tired of the marriage and looking for any little thing to use to punish her and dump her! OP, try to be a better man and a loving man to your wife. She may just open up to you! You saying you know her better than her parents is untrue and speaks of arrogance and contempt. For you to openly come to an Internet forum to air your dirty laundry and insult your wife does not speak well of you at all. After all if she's so bad a person, then it speaks about your inability to make good choices. You are obviously not perfect and lacking in a lot of qualities. Seek peace in your home and be good to your wife, and work on yourself very well because you need to. If you think you can do better, quietly file for a divorce and move on to the greener grass you think is on the other side!

1 Like

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by Googleus(m): 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2016
Never trust girls called blessing, joy etc...

Wen they pass tru ur life... D end result has always been the name opposite
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by MamaTej(f): 7:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ignorance. I'm sure wouldn't have done it if she knew the complications.

You can get a new one.
But you need to educate your wife on issues like this to avoid similar future mistakes. Documents are not to be tampered with.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by NoToPile: 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2016
Quite likely the tampering came from the person that issued the certificate , The handwriting, texture of ink and color of pen looks similar.

I guess they wrote 1983 instead of 1985 which they corrected and doesn't the OP know his wife's real age.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by sheypian(m): 10:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
darlyE:
Are u sure she is d one that changed it. There was an error on my date of birth on the wedding certificate. So ask before u crucified her

Same here o! Had the same issue too!
But we havent done anything about it,what step did you take to rectify it pls?
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by frozen70(f): 2:19am On Jul 25, 2019
Tunmmyzhe:
I know this thread suppose to be in Crime section because I see this as criminal offense as her action is consider as crime of the highest order but I decided to bring it to nairaland family to know the implication of this type of crime .

There is something I have been pursuing for the past 5 years which God just answered my prayer on it this month, so I was called for documentation on Tuesday which Marriage Certificate is among . since the marriage certificate is in my wife care. I decided to pick it up with other documents so I can present this coming Tuesday , when I glanced at the marriage certificate I just saw that my wife date of birth has been altered in fact the alteration is obvious because she altered it with blue pen while the original is written in black ink.

Is like somebody cut off my head immediately I saw this because I couldn't believe my eye and tears started drooping from my eyes.

Please married people on naira land help me what can do ? I must not miss this opportunity.

I have not called her now because curse is the only thing that can come out of me to her at this moment, I am thinking of reporting her in police station because it seems she is a devil behind my success.

She is nit a devil behind your own success but her own success
She must have altered it for her own selfish reasons

I wander why she didn't tell you

Just take it to where it was obtained and you will be directed on how to get a replacement
Re: Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) by FRS(m): 10:34am On Jan 24
ffrreeee:
You are just making issue out of nothing. The registry people made a mistake on my marriage certificate, Infact they made a mistake with my surname and hubby's own. When we found out, we returned the certificate to them and to my surprise, the head of the unit corrected the errors with ordinary pen. I have never had any challenge using the certificate. I have used it for my change of name, for a new job and even abroad without any complain. So, why disturb yourself over it. What if there was a mistake from the registry just like mine, would you have killed yourself? Let her get an affidavit to back it. All the best.
Hello Ma, in your own case, did you use an affidavit to back it up?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A True Mother/virtuous Woman (pic) / The Family And Adult Education / Dowry For Islamic Marriage In Nigeria Now N13,438 – Cleric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.