Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,616 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu (18120 Views)

Impeachment: APC Days In Aso-rock Are Numbered, As Senate Concludes Plan For Imp / Photos Of Ike Ekweremadu's House Blocked By Armed Police In Abuja. / The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by huptin(m): 11:20am On Dec 11, 2016
Hanendez:

Does it also mean that the sheer number of American and British expatriates in diaspora is a pointer to a failed economy in the countries of their origin? Well the only reason igbos are teeming in the west is because of how strategically placed it is. The igbo heartland is landlocked and incommensurate to her population. I assure you that the economy of the whole west will collapse if the igbos withdraw thereof.

If the Igbo's withdraw from the west? I can't say for sure that the economy of the west will collapse or not, but I know that before the economy of the west collapses the whole of the eastern economy would have been in total disarray, while Igbo's are major players in the economy of Lagos no doubt but they are not the only players, the economy will shrink surely but as for the Igbo's who withdraw it will be instant starvation and economic asphyxiation. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by GozieGizz: 11:22am On Dec 11, 2016
Why won't it finish after the zoo admin had tripled the suckings
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Twistaray(m): 11:24am On Dec 11, 2016
huptin:

If the Igbo's withdraw from the west? I can't say for sure that the economy of the west will collapse or not, but I know that before the economy of the west collapses the whole of the eastern economy would have been in total disarray, while Igbo's are major players in the economy of Lagos no doubt but they are not the only players, the economy will shrink surely but as for the Igbo's who withdraw it will be instant starvation and economic asphyxiation. Simple.

Can you prove the bolded with facts,figures?
I disagree and I have my facts to do so. wink

1 Like

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by huptin(m): 11:25am On Dec 11, 2016
Hanendez:

As an afonja thinketh in his heart, so he is.

Thank you very much. Your insult did nothing to invalidate my point.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by huptin(m): 11:28am On Dec 11, 2016
Twistaray:

Can you prove the bolded with facts,figures?
I disagree and I have my facts to do so. wink

I am not Igbo but its obvious to everyone that they are major players no need to deny it, they are everywhere contributing immensely to Lagos economy from Okada riders to electronic dealers even to bank workers and industries their contributions can not be under estimated just look beyond the online rants and chest beating and you will realise that they are major players.

2 Likes

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by LorDBolton(m): 11:31am On Dec 11, 2016
quickly:

What they are saying is the world now has trillions of oil reserve

So price has dropped even US is exporting now

Also electric cars would be taking over in a couple of years.

Nigeria should focus on production and refining for west africa.

Bruv you're right a bit but u missed my point.

Oil value will still shoot up, oil needs go beyond cars.

Even gas (which abound in oil fields) continue to be highly sought after.

So NO oil will continue to be a major asset.

But he's right we need to diversify and introduce fiscal federalism so more revenue streams come up.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Twistaray(m): 11:31am On Dec 11, 2016
huptin:

I am not Igbo but its obvious to everyone that they are major players no need to deny it, they are everywhere contributing immensely to Lagos economy from Okada riders to electronic dealers even to bank workers and industries their contributions can not be under estimated just look beyond the online rants and chest beating and you will realise that they are major players.

Dude, stop abusing the word " major".
You can't even back you claim.

I don't blame you sha undecided

1 Like

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by huptin(m): 11:33am On Dec 11, 2016
Twistaray:

Dude, stop abusing the word " major".
You can't even back you claim.

I don't blame you sha undecided

OK no more arguments present your facts and figures and when doing so kindly be civil.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Twistaray(m): 11:42am On Dec 11, 2016
huptin:

OK no more arguments present your facts and figures and when doing so kindly be civil.

While you're at it, also list those Igbo-owned Industries in Lagos and the SW you keep bragging about please.

I guess to your sick mind the following SW based industries are Igbo-owned: Honeywell Flour Mills, GZI Industries, ProForce, Elizade, Bi-Courtney, Eleganza Group, Folawiyo Group, Petro Inett, Modandola Group, Manucom Fishing, Aiico Insurance, the Yoruba-owned banks, Insurance Companies, e.t.c. Even SME's (interestingly, after Lagos state, Oyo has the highest number of SME's in the country, higher than any SE state) we are comfortably in the lead. You know what SME's stand for right? And how many individuals you must employ to qualify as one?) all located in Yorubaland. I am waiting for those Igbo Big Businesses in Lagos and the SW (not 'pure water' ones o) that are more than Yoruba owned ones, and that give you all the ballz to brag.

http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/pdfuploads/SMEDAN%202013_Selected%20Tables.pdf

Also kindly List the number of Insurance companies players that are Igbo-owned dominating Yorubaland or Nigeria in general.

How many Igbo-owned investments comes close to LADOL in Lagos?

List the Banks that Igbos dominate that are more than the Yoruba-dominated/controlled Skye Bank, First Bank, Sterling Bank, GTBank, FCMB, e.t.c.

List the Telecoms Company that are Igbo-owned/dominated like Yoruba-owned/controlled Globacom and NTel

List the I.T businesses that are Igbo dominated that can stand the likes of Spectranet, CCHub, MainOne

Which Igbo-owned businesses can match the dominance of Yoruba-controlled Oando, ConOil, and Forte Oil?

The only Transport segment Igbos dominate is that of buses that convey their kinsmen between YOrubaland and the SE. Yorubas control the SW internal routes, e.g. When I take a bus from Lagos to Abeokuta or Ibadan, 9 out of 10 times the owner of the Bus is a Yorubaman and not an Igboman, so get your facts straight.

In a nutshell, Yorubas already dominate the Big Businesses and industries that count, e.g Finance, Oil & Gas, I.T, Telecoms, Insurance, Manufacturing & Industry, e.t.c. It would be unfair of us to dominate everything so we've left them the crumbs like dominating the Super-Eagles, Gala Hawking , spare-parts bizness, Selling DVD/VCD at Alaba, Entertainment (though Yorubas dominate the Music scene, while we comfortably have our indigeneous Film industry on lockdown as well ), transporting your kinsmen to-and-from the SE to Yorubaland, e.t.c. Your people can keep dominating those. But even Commerce/trading sef una don dey dump that one sef for drug-trafficking.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-state-others-have-overtaken-s-east-in-commerce-industry/

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Twistaray(m): 11:45am On Dec 11, 2016
huptin:

They said they have more middle class yet SW has the least poverty rate in Nigeria.

http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/

They claim they have more SMEs yet Oyo has more SMEs than all SE states.

http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/pdfuploads/SMEDAN%202013_Selected%20Tables.pdf

2 Likes

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 11, 2016
Blue3k:

Not many cared to read article. Second that our oil statement wouldn't apply as an argument because its not relevant to topic. I'm surprised you brought them up.

His opinion is not correct. Petroleum still a very important to forex demand and will continue to be. It's the cheapest source of energy for world. The renewables have yet to catch up in cost or efficiency.

The article touched on many issues such diversification of economy, investment in human capital , infastrure and fiscal federalism.
his point is dope.
oil is going through a period of diminishing returns and also an economic term known as "fallacy of compilation".modern technology is effectively increasing the fuel conversion efficiency of machines while a the same time making it possible for crude exploration and refining in previously ignored regions.for instance ghana has successfully raised her crude reserve to 6 billion .In effect,their is too much oil for too little uses.the only way oil can reach previous levels of 2010, is if africa experiences an industrial revolution akin to that of asia or,banning major exporters like done to iran or,the economic tool known as "war" occurs on a continental level.opec output cut would only improve the captial marginally by creating an artificial scarcity.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by AnodaIT(m): 11:59am On Dec 11, 2016
Chiefpriest1:
All talk, no action. These same issues were talked about 30 years ago.

Today, they are still as fresh and imperative as they were years ago.

In the next 50 years , we ll still be talking about them like the issues just emerged.

In that rapper's voice (forgotten his name)...All we do is talk, talk, talk, no matter what!

You are a good student of history. I read newspapers of 80s and the same challenges that we have identified today and even the same solutions were discussed back then yet nothing.

There's no economic policy that would work in Nigeria today unless fiscal federalism is fully implemented and resource control given to the states

If the northerners are afraid of Southern state becoming too rich or super state, they should look at Japan and Korea without any resources yet they are prospering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
Blue3k:

Not many cared to read article. Second that our oil statement wouldn't apply as an argument because its not relevant to topic. I'm surprised you brought them up.

His opinion is not correct. Petroleum still a very important to forex demand and will continue to be. It's the cheapest source of energy for world. The renewables have yet to catch up in cost or efficiency.

The article touched on many issues such diversification of economy, investment in human capital , infastrure and fiscal federalism.
it is cheaper and it will getting cheaper hence will not be sustainable in a short time except the world come together and work something out not the rumble is trying to do.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Jafar1: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2016
Beeman1:
U be GOD? foooooooools everywhere.

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Tundeshewa: 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
May Almighty God have mercy on us in this country
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Blue3k(m): 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
eduj:

his point is dope.
oil is going through a period of diminishing returns and also an economic term known as "fallacy of compilation".modern technology is effectively increasing the fuel conversion efficiency of machines while a the same time making it possible for crude exploration and refining in previously ignored regions.for instance ghana has successfully raised her crude reserve to 6 billion .In effect,their is too much oil for too little uses.the only way oil can reach previous levels of 2010, is if africa experiences an industrial revolution akin to that of asia or,banning major exporters like done to iran or,the economic tool known as "war" occurs on a continental level.opec output cut would only improve the captial marginally by creating an artificial scarcity.

Factor in pollution growth in Africa and wealth growth in asian. That alone should push demands. Other than that feel your statement is true. Lastly the manufactureringredients boom I already wrote about that being the next long term growth opportunity.

https://www.nairaland.com/3496315/long-term-agriculture-not-way

majekdom2:
it is cheaper and it will getting cheaper hence will not be sustainable in a short time except the world come together and work something out not the rumble is trying to do.

The market will work it out with supply and demand. The cartel will do their usual games.

1 Like

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by drinkgarri: 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2016
That's why we are into mmm
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by LazyTypist(m): 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
$2000 worth of Bitcoins for sale at N510. we sell from $20 and upwards...... whatsapp this No 08154989994
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by caleboxylic: 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2016
UBA, Diamond, zenith and fidelity banks are owned by who? Oh, you mentioned sterling and Skye banks. Hahahahahah, regional banks.

Chrome group, nest oil, seplat, oil serve, integrated oil and gas, petro-dynamics limited etc are owned by who?

Air peace, peace mass, slok, zukus, Genesis,; globe etc are owned by who?
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by internetgangste: 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
I'm sorry, What are we really talking about.

The wells are not going to run dey only low price or alternative power sources can only influence oil.

Education is not responsible for growth but development. And don't expect development over the night.

And the deputy Senate chairman is not in the best place to say shii like this, he's also govt.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
Kizyte:
If the oil disappear one day, the South East is most likely to survive, don't know about other region. Just my opinion, but I know some region rely sorely on oil to survive due to laziness.

NB: I didn't mention anyone's name o!

Who dey live for south east
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by quickly: 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
LorDBolton:

Bruv you're right a bit but u missed my point.

Oil value will still shoot up, oil needs go beyond cars.

Even gas (which abound in oil fields) continue to be highly sought after.

So NO oil will continue to be a major asset.

But he's right we need to diversify and introduce fiscal federalism so more revenue streams come up.

How will oil value shoot up ? When OPEC had to manipulate production by reducing supply that they didn't want to do.

THERE ARE TRILLIONS OF OIL RESERVE.AVAILABLE SO.OVER SUPPLY HAS LEAD TO LESS DEMAND.

In Venezuela there is . massive famine due to drop in oil prices not only Nigeria.

Also middle east are suffering too

The gist is there is better technology available to get oil so now and just to let u know only US DOES SHALE. WHAT IF THE START SHALE IN NIGERIA OR MIDDLE.EAST?.

THE PRICE OF A BARREL OF OIL WILL BE THE SAME AS A WATER.

1 Like

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by TheAlchemist: 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
eduj:

his point is dope.

It is interesting that after the recent OPEC quota cut,,, instead of seeing a rise in crude oil price, rather there was a dip...
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by LorDBolton(m): 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2016
quickly:

How will oil value shoot up ? When OPEC had to manipulate production by reducing supply that they didn't want to do.

THERE ARE TRILLIONS OF OIL RESERVE.AVAILABLE SO.OVER SUPPLY HAS LEAD TO LESS DEMAND.

In Venezuela there is . massive famine due to drop in oil prices not only Nigeria.

Also middle east are suffering too

The gist is there is better technology available to get oil so now and just to let u know only US DOES SHALE. WHAT IF THE START SHALE IN NIGERIA OR MIDDLE.EAST?.

THE PRICE OF A BARREL OF OIL WILL BE THE SAME AS A WATER.

Bruv you're living in the present.

My question to you is did you read a finance/management/economics course in school?

A lot of factors determine oil prices, what u noted is called 'fracking' that's the new technique of getting oil.

Like I said boss, oil prices will rebound, it's a question of when not how.

Russia wants to start drilling further into the artic and very remote areas in siberia... do u think u know more than the white men whose job it is to forecast demand? Oil & gasfutures?

What's affecting naija, Venezuela n co. isn't low gas prices, it's the OVER-DEPENDENCE on oil.

Mardi gras (an annual masquerade festival in new orleans, louisiana USA) contributes over $50m to us GDP

How much does obudu, olumirin, ikogosi, badagry museum, yankari, argungu festival etc contribute to naija GDP?

UAE used oil to transform dubai, you know how many FTZ are in UAE? Recently lagos unveiled ambitious plans for their own...while SS leaders are jonzing (betraying Donald duke's plan)

Don't worry about the oil prices, worry about nigeria being strategically positioned to benefit from the next price boom & not waste it via embezzlement
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by quickly: 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2016
LorDBolton:

Bruv you're living in the present.

My question to you is did you read a finance/management/economics course in school?

A lot of factors determine oil prices, what u noted is called 'fracking' that's the new technique of getting oil.

Like I said boss, oil prices will rebound, it's a question of when not how.

Russia wants to start drilling further into the artic and very remote areas in siberia... do u think u know more than the white men whose job it is to forecast demand? Oil & gasfutures?

What's affecting naija, Venezuela n co. isn't low gas prices, it's the OVER-DEPENDENCE on oil.

Mardi gras (an annual masquerade festival in new orleans, louisiana USA) contributes over $50m to us GDP

How much does obudu, olumirin, ikogosi, badagry museum, yankari, argungu festival etc contribute to naija GDP?

UAE used oil to transform dubai, you know how many FTZ are in UAE? Recently lagos unveiled ambitious plans for their own...while SS leaders are jonzing (betraying Donald duke's plan)

Don't worry about the oil prices, worry about nigeria being strategically positioned to benefit from the next price boom & not waste it via embezzlement

Keep waiting for oil.boom . I am no economist neither did I study economy but it's commonsense.

without oil . Nigeria can survive.

India does not have a drop of oil and they are richer than nigeria.

The problem with oil is that it breeds corruption
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2016
TheAlchemist:

It is interesting that after the recent OPEC quota cut,,, instead of seeing a rise in crude oil price, rather there was a dip...
exactly,when the cut comes into play for a time(if the countries are truly complaint) oil price would rise but i dont see it reaching 70 dollars for a long time coming.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by LorDBolton(m): 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2016
quickly:

Keep waiting for oil.boom . I am no economist neither did I study economy but it's commonsense.

without oil . Nigeria can survive.

India does not have a drop of oil and they are richer than nigeria.

The problem with oil is that it breeds corruption

Bruv @the bolded, lemme complete it.

Without oil, nigeria can survive...with oil nigeria can be great.

Americas services sector makes. Large contributions to their GDP, same with tech... oil too!

If we can stop our OVER-RELIANCE on oil we'll get there.

But here's the truth: oil is not a sector we can afford to ease up on that's why I support pmb search in lake Chad n benue basins

Russia is strong & influential today cos europe relies on russia for more than 30% of its gas supplies.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by darediamond(m): 7:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
Hanendez:

Does it also mean that the sheer number of American and British expatriates in diaspora is a pointer to a failed economy in the countries of their origin? Well the only reason igbos are teeming in the west is because of how strategically placed it is. The igbo heartland is landlocked and incommensurate to her population. I assure you that the economy of the whole west will collapse if the igbos withdraw thereof.
Practically and theoretically, you are dreaming a in a wrong sleep.
SouthWest cares not about you peoples business be cause infrastructures have beeneen erected here long time ago before the war era. Those same infaractures is what you guys met here in SouthWest and counts on and still counts on till today to survive. You Igbo's learnt your lessons the hard way but you caused the problems for yourselves not we Yorubas because when Awolowo and Enahoro was preaching Secession clause to be added to the then Constitution, your Selfish and arrogant and unwise leaders back then were shouting "One Nigeria"! What we noticed in Hausa's made us via Awolowo to call your attention to it that we need to add that clause to the constitution then but the same arrogance worrying you to make you State that we can not do without you did not make your Nnamdi Azikwe think clearly and see the danger ahead.

In Yoruba land, we do not copy any tribe. We have our culture that and way of reasoning that matche's the level of White men. It is just a pity that we Awolowo made a mistake accepting you Igbo's and this arrogant northerners into our Sphere!!

2 Likes

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by femolii: 11:33pm On Dec 11, 2016
The igbo people should be shame of them self by now.u can't progress in your own land except u come down to yoruba land see u people should pray very well that another war should not brake out because if it happen again u people will regret it. (rabels).
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by LoveDecay(m): 11:56pm On Dec 11, 2016
Kizyte:
If the oil disappear one day, the South East is most likely to survive, don't know about other region. Just my opinion, but I know some region rely sorely on oil to survive due to laziness.

NB: I didn't mention anyone's name o!

How many states in the south east have paid salaries and pensions ? grin

Only Lagos can stand alone...... cool

And you can retweet that murrafuka !
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 12, 2016
femolii:
The igbo people should be shame of them self by now.u can't progress in your own land except u come down to yoruba land see u people should pray very well that another war should not brake out because if it happen again u people will regret it. (rabels).
Hmnnn.... smiley

Modified:
All those one Nigeria Igbos, I hope una dey see this quote'o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PMB Flags-off Of APC Campaign For The August 11th Bauchi South Senatorial Seat / Adamawa Assembly Moves To Sack Gov Bindow, Speaker / Insecurity: Nigerians Have Right To Talk, Sultan Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.