Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. - Education (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DIRECT ENTRY Admission. (479360 Views)

Direct Entry Admission Guide Into Nigerian Universities. / Nigerian Universities That Accept Lower Credit For Direct Entry Admission / Uniben Direct Entry 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by cuteyguy: 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2019
Gramondhigh:
i am having serious issues i cannot get my Jamb DE Pin, i paid for jamb De tru remiter, uptill now its telling me no pin has been generated for this profile. Help please..

You should create complain ticket and send them message.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by cuteyguy: 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2019
Aremson14:

Hello
Does ui conduct p. Utme for direct entry and is NYSc required for Direct entry applicants

NYSC is not required and no post-UTME exam, we will only wait and buy the post-DE form; which is usually N2000 when its time.
Like myself,if u have served(NYSC) before, u don't need to serve again,once u finish ur program, u are good to go.u already serve ur father land.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by tracyberry(f): 4:19pm On Feb 09, 2019
Hi everyone please i need guidance.
I'm currently doing diploma in unilag but i wanna purchase Jamb DE form, Will i be allowed to use awaiting result?
Also will my O'level result determine whether I'm given admission or not?
I need urgent answer please.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by zikTeck(m): 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2019
PTI87:
@ zoktech do jamb do correction for that I was thinking it is for only bio data and choice of university
yes, they do data correction on A level for jamb D.E. I actually confirmed that my self from the jamb cbt personnel. But you can still make your enquiry to confirm the information, i will be waiting to hear from you.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by zikTeck(m): 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2019
tracyberry:
Hi everyone please i need guidance.
I'm currently doing diploma in unilag but i wanna purchase Jamb DE form, Will i be allowed to use awaiting result?
Also will my O'level result determine whether I'm given admission or not?
I need urgent answer please.
yes you can, but I don't think university diploma can be use to apply for D.E, i.e university don't accept university diploma.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by tracyberry(f): 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2019
zikTeck:

yes you can, but I don't think university diploma can be use to apply for D.E, i.e university don't accept university diploma.

Lol they do.
Diploma is also known as jupeb.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by SoftBread01: 9:14pm On Feb 09, 2019
urose93:

Thanks for stopping by. I learned that Aksu has a prolonged academic calendar compared to Uniuyo and CRUTEC. I stand to be corrected though.
I need a school that has a more fast academic sessions. I am working and I got no time to waste, exception of strikes.
Are you currently pursuing any direct entry admission?. please if have any assistance you p. m me.
thanks

I'm sorry this is coming late.

The academic calender of those schools you mentioned are annoying.

But then, since you're working, what's the distance from your place of work to any of those schools and your home?

I got DE form early last year BUT due to JAMB regularisation issue, I had to let it go.

I later applied for HND in two different schools and as fate may have it, both schools gave me admission.

Not limiting my chance, I'll still apply for DE after my HND.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by SoftBread01: 9:16pm On Feb 09, 2019
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by urose93(f): 10:12pm On Feb 09, 2019
SoftBread01:

But then, since you're working, what's the distance from your place of work to any of those schools and your home?

I got DE form early last year BUT due to JAMB regularisation issue, I had to let it go.

I later applied for HND in two different schools and as fate may have it, both schools gave me admission.

I am working in Akwa Ibom State . preferably I will consider Aksu for an admission. Though UNIUYO has a close proximity from my place of residence, I think their DE admission is usually much tougher. my first choice is aksu followed by CRUTEC. please what is really about this jamb regularisation? Can u throw more light for me? I just bought jamb DE form some two days ago, and never heard of it.
However, if I were in your shoe, I will consider DE admission at once, it will serve you the stress of having to go back for a degree later. Mind you I am currently using my HND certificate looking for a DE admission now. I wouldn't want you to pass through what we are currently facing as HND graduates.
I will appreciate more succinct answers from the questions raised previously. thank you
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by SoftBread01: 11:56pm On Feb 09, 2019
urose93:

Please what is really about this jamb regularisation? Can u throw more light for me? I just bought jamb DE form some two days ago, and never heard of it.
However, if I were in your shoe, I will consider DE admission at once, it will serve you the stress of having to go back for a degree later. Mind you I am currently using my HND certificate looking for a DE admission now. I wouldn't want you to pass through what we are currently facing as HND graduates.
I will appreciate more succinct answers from the questions raised previously. thank you

Thank you so much for your advice. Trust me, if I had known of any school in the South or East that accepts lower credit, I wouldn't have considered going for HND.

About Jamb regularisation otherwise known as late application, its purpose is to ensure your current admission details correspond with the school that gave you admission.

Btw, I'm glad you made AKSU your first choice.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by desoul2004(m): 8:20pm On Feb 10, 2019
urose93:

I am working in Akwa Ibom State . preferably I will consider Aksu for an admission. Though UNIUYO has a close proximity from my place of residence, I think their DE admission is usually much tougher. my first choice is aksu followed by CRUTEC. please what is really about this jamb regularisation? Can u throw more light for me? I just bought jamb DE form some two days ago, and never heard of it.

it depends... if you happen to have gained admission into any institution in Nigeria without jamb.. then for a direct entry admission you will require to get Jamb regularisation .. just go to the admission office of your graduated institution.... but if u got admitted through jamb u don't need to go thru this wahala
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by urose93(f): 10:54pm On Feb 10, 2019
desoul2004:

it depends... if you happen to have gained admission into any institution in Nigeria without jamb.. then for a direct entry admission you will require to get Jamb regularisation .. just go to the admission office of your graduated institution.... but if u got admitted through jamb u don't need to go thru this wahala

Hmm, this is real wahala. My admission wasn't through jamb. that means I have to get regularised by jamb. But please, with the DE form I bought, can't I be regularised with It? or better still, when should I start pursuing the jamb regularisation from my former school? should it be before or after the admission list from jamb is out? note that I just bought the jamb DE form 2019.
I need as much information as possible about this jamb regularisation. please help a sister more
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Deegeorge(m): 11:11pm On Feb 10, 2019
zikTeck:

OK Sir, did you mean this is the right thing to do?
that what me self dy plan to do... my jamb reg no isn't forthcoming... hoping for a miracle
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by urose93(f): 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2019
SoftBread01:

Apologies for bothering you. You said you got a DE form last year but later abandoned it because of jamb regularisation issue, please what was the problem(s)?. is it a very tideous process? when should I start pursuing my jamb regularisation this year? should it be before or after the jamb admission list is out?
Seem you are in a better position to answer these questions and more since you were already in the pipeline. please let me get vivid details of how I should go about my jamb regularisation, and those mistakes I should avoid. please help me, it's my earnest prayer not to miss admission this year. My job is at stake

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by cuteyguy: 11:34pm On Feb 10, 2019
Hummm.I will not advise anyone here to go for HND seriously. I am a graduate if Biochem via HND,even through with service(NYSC) despite all d stress and all those years, am now applying for DE to university just to get Bsc.
Though the best I can do to mysef now is by changing course.so it would be like Double Opportunity. I will searching for a better job with HND while I do my BSc program.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by cuteyguy: 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2019
urose93:

Apologies for bothering you. You said you got a DE form last year but later abandoned it because of jamb regularisation issue, please what was the problem(s)?. is it a very tideous process? when should I start pursuing my jamb regularisation this year? should it be before or after the jamb admission list is out?
Seem you are in a better position to answer these questions and more since you were already in the pipeline. please let me get vivid details of how I should go about my jamb regularisation, and those mistakes I should avoid. please help me, it's my earnest prayer not to miss admission this year. My job is at stake

Visit those jamb accredited centre,dey will do the regularization for you.
And dey can as well register your DE at the same time using ur matric number instead of jamb number.
Then u update it when ur jamb number is ready.
Go for your regularization immediately. No time to waste.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by urose93(f): 6:40am On Feb 11, 2019
cuteyguy:

Visit those jamb accredited centre,dey will do the regularization for you.
And dey can as well register your DE at the same time using ur matric number instead of jamb number.
Then u update it when ur jamb number is ready.
Go for your regularization immediately. No time to waste.

Thank you for a prompt response.
I have registered for a DE already, will get back to the center for more updates about the regularisation. Someone said my former school should be contacted for the regularisation. please where should I start from, my former school or accredited jamb
center?. person wey ask questions no dey miss road Abeg. still soliciting for more input please.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by urose93(f): 7:00am On Feb 11, 2019
zikTeck:

Thank you Sir. I have done my D.E reg, but I tried using my matric number, but it did not work, but when i tried other diploma it work but without jamb number. So am just waiting to receive my jamb regularisation number, so that I can do A level data correction.

exactly what I did to successful got registered. please can you email me your whatapp contact so that we can rob mines?
nkantaekpedeme@gmail.com
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by urose93(f): 7:19am On Feb 11, 2019
labake1:

When I did it last year, it cost me 10k

Please where do pay the money?. Infact which body handles the jamb regularisation for you. I am curiously waiting for ur response
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by tracyberry(f): 7:22am On Feb 11, 2019
For those who have registered for Jamb De, please what was the requirements for registration?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by cuteyguy: 7:30am On Feb 11, 2019
tracyberry:
For those who have registered for Jamb De, please what was the requirements for registration?

The requirements are O'Level result and A'level result e.g Diploma,ND,HND or Bsc statement of result or certificate.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by cuteyguy: 7:33am On Feb 11, 2019
urose93:

Please where do pay the money?. Infact which body handles the jamb regularisation for you. I am curiously waiting for ur response

Jamb handles the regularization,
After registering for the regulariztn,u take the printout to ur Institution that u finished from
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by tracyberry(f): 8:02am On Feb 11, 2019
cuteyguy:

The requirements are O'Level result and A'level result e.g Diploma,ND,HND or Bsc statement of result or certificate.

Thanks
How much did you purchase the pin?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by urose93(f): 9:24am On Feb 11, 2019
cuteyguy:

Jamb handles the regularization,
After registering for the regulariztn,u take the printout to ur Institution that u finished from

Thanks
please which jamb web address can I used for its registration.
thank you once again
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by johnsonm2g: 6:37pm On Feb 11, 2019
https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility_/
urose93:

Thanks
please which jamb web address can I used for its registration.
thank you once again
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by PTI87: 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2019
please for does who have registered what school did u put as second choice.I was thinking of picking any state university from west but their school fees are something else and I want to register this week although I have not done my regularisation.please someone should advice on some schools that admit a lot of student in d south west and south south .
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by opera1(m): 8:27pm On Feb 11, 2019
PTI87:
please for does who have registered what school did u put as second choice.I was thinking of picking any state university from west but their school fees are something else and I want to register this week although I have not done my regularisation.please someone should advice on some schools that admit a lot of student in d south west and south south .

No Sku in the South west accept 2nd choice applicant,
Choose same sku as 1st and 2nd choice, back it up with prayers and everything shall surely work out well for ur Favour.

U can choose AAU IF u can.........
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by labake1(f): 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2019
urose93:

Actually I did in a computer center. The guy calculated the money and did it for me

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by labake1(f): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2019
Any DE student that picked University of ibadan here?

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Okayim: 9:46pm On Feb 11, 2019
Guys can a second class upper division graduate secure DE for EEE in CRUTECH?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by cuteyguy: 9:52pm On Feb 11, 2019
labake1:
Any DE student that picked University of ibadan here?

I choosed University of Ibadan as first choice and Funaab as second choice
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by SoftBread01: 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2019
urose93:

I'm sorry this is coming late "as usual".

The deadline Jamb gave before it was postponed as of last year was part of the reasons I didn't proceed with it.

I had gone to their PH office to get it done only for the guy to refer me to their Uyo office since it's closer to where I did my ND.

Since I was on IT then, I decided to inform my former boss, so he could at least permit me to travel. But he wouldn't take that from me. It was as bad as that. So, I had to let go.

About it being very tedious? Well, I can't say since I didn't proceed with it.

When to start? The appropriate time to start is now, please. So, when the application list is out, you won't get to over~work yourself.

What to avoid? Please, avoid any form of mistake when filling the form. Ensure your details tally.

N/B: After applying for it, you'll also need to contact your institution to do what they are supposed to do.

And in all, you'll have to spend at least #10,500-#12,500

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (230) (Reply)

2017/2018 JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Released! See Full List. / Nairaland Mathematics Clinic / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.