Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) (113640 Views)

Leg Of Akan Weeks, Founder Of Collapsed Reigners Church In Uyo, May Be Amputated / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / One Of The Victims Who Lost His Life At The Collapse Reigners Bible Church (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by ObiOmaMu: 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
About 18 people lost their lives when the domed roof of the Reigners Bible Church in Uyo collapsed today during the bishop ordination of Akan Weeks, the owner of the church.

According to an eyewitness, reportedly one Miss Ediomo who narrowly escaped death at the scene:
"The incident occurred immediately after offertory collection, while the ordination of Apostle Akan Weeks as Bishop was the next item, according to the programme."
"We heard a strange and loud sound, then the building started falling."
"Governor Udom would have been no more, but for one of his aides who immediately pushed him out of the building.
Unfortunately, the aide was killed by the fast descending roof after he pushed the governor who fell outside."

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/12/graphic-photos-reigners-bible-church-collapse-akwa-ibom.html

1 Like 8 Shares

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by ObiOmaMu: 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
lalasticlala

3 Shares

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by ObiOmaMu: 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
more

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by PMBNG(m): 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
"Governor Udom would have been no more but for one of his aides who immediately pushed him out of the building.
Unfortunately, the aide was killed by the fast descending roof after he pushed the governor who fell outside."

What a brave aide, he died that his principal might be saved.

Rest in Perfect peace dear.‎

Udom make sure his family does not lack what to eat!

206 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by delishpot: 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
Even pastors cut corners. This is a result of poor structural quality control in Nigeria. Anyone can use spit and sand to build a house ESP a public place where others can get harmed.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by abat4real37(f): 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
Rest in peace

4 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2016
I don't just know what to type walahi talahi.

RIP to the dead

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by Jafar1: 8:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
RIP TO THE DEAD

6 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by josephine123: 8:12pm On Dec 10, 2016
Damn

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by Mynd44: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2016
Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by thesicilian: 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2016
That pastor should be arrested

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by Atiku2019: 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2016
"Governor Udom would have been no more, but for one of his aides who immediately pushed him out of the building.

Udom Shouldn't forget the family of this aide wink

111 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by hakeem4(m): 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
The engineer should be held responsible

13 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by abiolert(m): 8:27pm On Dec 10, 2016
hakeem4:
The engineer should be held responsible
i dont know why i had to show my fiancee this pic from this horrible scene; she is weeping uncontrollably at the moment. May the lord accept their souls in His bossom.
sorry my friend, i never wanted to quote u.

30 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by madridguy(m): 8:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sad.
Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by oduastates: 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
This is failure of governance and government on many levels .

1 Nigerians have so much unproductive time available that they can go to church all the time . That unproductive time is provided for them by a combination of their politicians, civil servants, religious leaders and "business elites ".
If Monday to Friday was anything like more productive countries , I am sure that most people would be at home with their families sleeping off the tiredness from all the exertion of the working week .

2 Pastors, Imams and all these "born against " churches are taking advantage of people's misery and the government is doing nothing about the fraud being perpetrated.

3 A substantial chunk of resources which should be going to states and local governments ( resources required to build schools,hospitals ,roads etc ) is being diverted to meaningless and unproductive religious activities.

4 Lack of governance means that every quack is an engineer . A bricklayer becomes an architect , an architect becomes the surveyors,a surveyor becomes the plumber and the plumber becomes the civil engineer. It is the same with every sphere of Nigerian life. Pharmacists becomes a doctor and a quack becomes a pharmacist.

5 Lack of governance means that state and local governments departments are staffed by dunderheads.
Those who are supposed to regulate , administer and enforce building codes ( if at all they exist ) are not professionally qualified to do so ,are not equipped to do so, are too lazy ,corrupt or simply do not exist .

Nigeria is not a nation . Nigeria is the wreckage of a failed experiment. While other countries are constantly striving for the future , It is death, death, death, misery, misery , misery ,blood, blood ,blood all the way everyday of the week.

THE PICTURE BELOW IS TYPICAL OF WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MILLIONS OF AFRICAN YOUTHS EVERY YEAR . THESE PEOPLE DIED OF ASPHYXIATION WHILE TRYING TO CROSS THE MEDITERRANEAN ON THEIR WAY TO EUROPE( MANY NIGERIANS AMONGST THEM)

No amount of prayer will solve a problem like this .

117 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by ogtavia(m): 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2016
when my home church was under construction many years ago...we invited a certain man for one of our programmes and he kept calling our church a death trap..we thought he was crazy and was looking for a way not to come...back then,i didn't even know I would be a professional in the construction industry...but looking at these sad pictures...it all makes sense now...this is the most shabby of all constructions that I have seen...the pastor,architect and everyone involved in this building project should be prosecuted...it has become a fad among some new churches to build huge cathedrals because a few of them who have started a long time ago have such huge structures...this is sad...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by franchizy(m): 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2016
If GEJ and PDP had not looted the treasury this building would have been built by good engineers but GEJ Govt awarded it to a quack engineer.

May the souls of the departed Rest in peace.

Insha Allah.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by funkyibodude(m): 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
franchizy:
If GEJ and PDP had not looted the treasury this building would have been built by good engineers but GEJ Govt awarded it to a quack engineer.

Insha Allah.
stop smoking weed tongue

213 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by ngoben(f): 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
Rip ...we all actually went to serve God...bt u met ur untimely death...May God accet ur soul ...Be in paradise ..daz all I can say...bt its soo hrtbreaking....WONDER WHaT COULD HVCAUSED DAT?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by veekid(m): 8:59pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sue the fucking engineer
Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by EmmaOgbu(m): 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2016
RIP to the victim.
Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2016
I pray that all of them should make heaven

1 Like

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by fratermathy(m): 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
Oh Lawd.

So many lost lives... All in the name of religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by cephaswizzy(m): 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
more

2 Shares

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
Witches

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by 4reala(m): 9:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
lord have mercy. somebody must be held responsible for this. may d dead rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
And some weirdos still think god is ominipotent angry

12 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
Evil and end time church's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) by seunlayi(m): 9:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
franchizy:
Insha Allah.
thank God that you are not in the building sector because going thru your words, you will certainly be worst.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why I Took 65-year Old Wife, By Kumuyi / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.