Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life (3446 Views)

Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? / Gionee Has Shut Down Its Official Website In China / Help! Gionee M5 Mini Doesn't Show Files When Connected To PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by sogodihno: 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
Am using this Gionee phone M5 mini precisely, no charger is charging it again,even it own charger is no longer working with it, but it's charging well with system. When I get a new charger it will work with it for a while after which it stop working, the latest charger I got now, is no longer working, and it's not that the charging port is faulty,because it charge well with system. It's very difficult to find charger working with it and if u eventually get, it wil stop working after a while.

Phone gurus, wat do u suggest I do? But Sincerely, I regret buying this scrap of a phone,waste of money.
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by eleshin(m): 9:20pm On Dec 10, 2016
Lol take it to their customer service center at Ikeja.
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by sogodihno: 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
eleshin:
Lol take it to their customer service center at Ikeja.

I don't stay near Lagos, I stay in Ilesa, Osun state. Their nearest customer care center is Ibadan,i called them,the receptionist was telling me that I won't be able to collect my phone until 2-3 wks after,and even that is if they av the required spare parts on ground.

I just regret I bought the scrap. Stupid chinko company
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by stanvesco(m): 10:20pm On Dec 10, 2016
sogodihno:
Am using this Gionee phone M5 mini precisely, no charger is charging it again,even it own charger is no longer working with it, but it's charging well with system. When I get a new charger it will work with it for a while after which it stop working, the latest charger I got now, is no longer working, and it's not that the charging port is faulty,because it charge well with system. It's very difficult to find charger working with it and if u eventually get, it wil stop working after a while.

Phone gurus, wat do u suggest I do? But Sincerely, I regret buying this scrap of a phone,waste of money.

same here
try charge for longer hours; I sometimes leave it over night either on my laptop or a charger
Though my battery power is still awesome.
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by masterP042(m): 10:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
Op. I swear this is the same problem I'm having with my gionee m5 mini. I don't know if it's a software problem or something, I've changed my charger and charging port still the same problem persists, it will charge for 3 seconds and stop till I remove the charger and put it back again, still happens again. I've spent a fortune trying to repair the charging problem. It is always hard to charge especially when the battery is low

1 Like

Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by CrEaToRmalden(m): 10:35pm On Dec 10, 2016
I think you're wrong though am n0t a Gionee fan, I encountered such when I was new in Android family angry
the truth is that you ain't using original 2.0A charger. Just use 3500 naira for a good charger @ any good phone st0re like SL0T, Nokia h0use or any good st0re and bo0m, there you g0 with a quicker charging aqain. THE PHONE'S CHARGER YOU HAVE IS FAULTY. You won't aqree with me but it is, just 3 - 4k and its solved. St0p usinq these new aqe chinko chargers or a 1.2A charger bk0s it will only waste ur time and get you angry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by CrEaToRmalden(m): 10:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
stanvesco:

same here
try charge for longer hours; I sometimes leave it over night either on my laptop or a charger
Though my battery power is still awesome.

Charging overnight is very bad, just st0p it angry angry
Get a good charger, the fake ones will only shorten your phones battery life
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2016
It would suggest you get a 2A or a 2.1A charger and a very original cord(probably kodak) and test it. I can see it is a general problem as people are complaining about it. Just get a good head(preferably 2A-2.1A) and a good cord
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by gulfer: 6:17am On Dec 11, 2016
Switch the phone off and charge like that overnight.
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by sogodihno: 7:14am On Dec 11, 2016
masterP042:
Op. I swear this is the same problem I'm having with my gionee m5 mini. I don't know if it's a software problem or something, I've changed my charger and charging port still the same problem persists, it will charge for 3 seconds and stop till I remove the charger and put it back again, still happens again. I've spent a fortune trying to repair the charging problem. It is always hard to charge especially when the battery is low

Did you at anytime take the phone to their customer care center in one of those repair?
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by sogodihno: 7:30am On Dec 11, 2016
CrEaToRmalden:
I think you're wrong though am n0t a Gionee fan, I encountered such when I was new in Android family angry
the truth is that you ain't using original 2.0A charger. Just use 3500 naira for a good charger @ any good phone st0re like SL0T, Nokia h0use or any good st0re and bo0m, there you g0 with a quicker charging aqain. THE PHONE'S CHARGER YOU HAVE IS FAULTY. You won't aqree with me but it is, just 3 - 4k and its solved. St0p usinq these new aqe chinko chargers or a 1.2A charger bk0s it will only waste ur time and get you angry.

3-4k charger? I went to a place where they sell accessories,the best phone charger they have is 2k,i bought the charger and just yesterday now, the 2k charger stop working. The fact that it own charger(follow-come) can no longer charge it, it means that the phone has problem. And another thing,the battery life has depreciated.

And this last charger I bought is Amazon,i heard it's a very good charger,but alas, it's no longer working for this stupid phone.
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by masterP042(m): 7:32am On Dec 11, 2016
sogodihno:

Did you at anytime take the phone to their customer care center in one of those repair?
I don't even know their location, besides it's not as if they will give me prompt attention. They'll probably hold my phone to ransom for more than 2 weeks, of which I can't cope with.. Staying without my phone for two weeks I will die of boredom. Thought I was the only one with this charging issue, gionee should do something about this
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by CrEaToRmalden(m): 8:02am On Dec 11, 2016
sogodihno:

3-4k charger? I went to a place where they sell accessories,the best phone charger they have is 2k,i bought the charger and just yesterday now, the 2k charger stop working. The fact that it own charger(follow-come) can no longer charge it, it means that the phone has problem. And another thing,the battery life has depreciated.

And this last charger I bought is Amazon,i heard it's a very good charger,but alas, it's no longer working for this stupid phone.

Y0u q0tta have a walk d0wn Carl care
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by sogodihno: 8:09am On Dec 11, 2016
masterP042:
I don't even know their location, besides it's not as if they will give me prompt attention. They'll probably hold my phone to ransom for more than 2 weeks, of which I can't cope with.. Staying without my phone for two weeks I will die of boredom. Thought I was the only one with this charging issue, gionee should do something about this

So,how are u coping now? I mean charging d phone
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by Kiady16: 9:55am On Dec 11, 2016
Get a gionee charger and go to service centre If problem persists
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by Darkseid(m): 10:16am On Dec 11, 2016
Seems like a software problem to me. @OP try factory reset or better still, flash the stock rom.
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by masterP042(m): 10:56am On Dec 11, 2016
sogodihno:

So,how are u coping now? I mean charging d phone
got a new charger but I know I would get another one soon cuz this current charger will spoil like others in no distant time
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by eleshin(m): 11:02am On Dec 11, 2016
sogodihno:

I don't stay near Lagos, I stay in Ilesa, Osun state. Their nearest customer care center is Ibadan,i called them,the receptionist was telling me that I won't be able to collect my phone until 2-3 wks after,and even that is if they av the required spare parts on ground.

Ehya sorry bro.
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by sogodihno: 11:12am On Dec 11, 2016
masterP042:
got a new charger but I know I would get another one soon cuz this current charger will spoil like others in no distant time
Kai! Is dia no beta alternative? Buying new charger every week. It doesn't worth it. I think I wil av to send it to their customer care center in Ibadan
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by stanvesco(m): 11:33am On Dec 11, 2016
CrEaToRmalden:

Charging overnight is very bad, just st0p it angry angry
Get a good charger, the fake ones will only shorten your phones battery life

bros
in this our gionee m5mini matter ehn, na to charge overnight b d way o......
even by morning, all u wouldd see is 85%
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by queenfav(f): 11:43am On Dec 11, 2016
sogodihno:

That's not true,how do you expect to get accurate info from a receptionist? Is she an Engineer there?The two times I dropped my phone with them,I got it that same day.If u are ready,would hook you up with someone there that would help speed things up.You would get your phone 2 days max.
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by sogodihno: 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
queenfav:
That's not true,how do you expect to get accurate info from a receptionist? Is she an Engineer there?The two times I dropped my phone with them,I got it that same day.If u are ready,would hook you up with someone there that would help speed things up.You would get your phone 2 days max.

Abeg! Hook me with that person,am ready
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by queenfav(f): 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
sogodihno:

Abeg! Hook me with that person,am ready
Drop a msg on WhatsApp,via my contact info on any of my hair line threads.When u do,I wud give u his no.He is one of their top engineers there.

1 Like

Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by Jeffchuks: 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
A friend's TECNO H6 is having exact same problem. It's really frustrating for him, I have advised him to change his battery and see how it goes since change of charger hasn't helped.
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by sogodihno: 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
Jeffchuks:
A friend's TECNO H6 is having exact same problem. It's really frustrating for him, I have advised him to change his battery and see how it goes since change of charger hasn't helped.

I think taking it to there customer care center is the best option
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by sogodihno: 7:25am On Dec 12, 2016
masterP042:

Have u upgrade d phone to 6.0, maybe that can solve the issue
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by godunia(m): 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
After reading all you have tried to fix this phone I can tell you authoritative that the phone has spiritual problem.
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by Hyinkar97(m): 10:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
sogodihno:

I had same problem. Just go to their office and get a 9V-1.3A charger. Your problem is solved!
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by sogodihno: 9:40am On Dec 13, 2016
Hyinkar97:

I had same problem. Just go to their office and get a 9V-1.3A charger. Your problem is solved!

Yh. I went their yesterday and I got a charger,but my own is 9V - 1.8A. I hope this doesn't stop working like others. Since when av u gotten ur charger?
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by Hyinkar97(m): 6:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
sogodihno:

Yh. I went their yesterday and I got a charger,but my own is 9V - 1.8A. I hope this doesn't stop working like others. Since when av u gotten ur charger?

Sorry mine is also 9V-1.8A, you are good to go. Got it about 10 days ago
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by elpiro: 11:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
hello, anyone with an idea of how much it cost to replace a cracked m5mini screen
Re: Pls, Help. Gionee Has Frustrate My Life by sogodihno: 2:34am On Dec 14, 2016
elpiro:
hello,
anyone with an idea of how much it cost to replace a cracked m5mini screen

The screen is #7,500 about 3months ago anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hello Gurus. Can Anyone Tell What The Engineers Actually Did? / Nokia 5 Screen Replacement / Guys Did You Know That You Can Buy Any Mobile Phone Now And Pay Later?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.