Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage (109991 Views)

No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? / Cost Of Court Wedding In Nigeria / All You Need To Know About Court Marriage In Nigeria -Barr. Enwongo Cleopas. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
ariesbull:

even church marraige give you same certificate gotten from registrar...divorce proceeing and alimony is same and so forge these lies

are u marrying to dvorce in future

Alimony don’t exist in Nigeria my friend
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by ibietela2(m): 8:42am On Dec 16, 2019
erimmy:
My regret is that I didn't have the idea of doing the court marriage and an indoor trado.I went the whole hog of the tripartite arrangement. Henceforth ,I'll advise couples to do only the trado and the registry. It's OK that way

Can you explain the registery for me?
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by ibietela2(m): 11:05am On Dec 16, 2019
nocosomia:

That's not necessarily true, a female friend who is in an abusive marriage wanted divorce but she was told at the registry that unless there's evidence of life-threatening injuries, court won't Grant her request. Now she ever regretting going for court marriage in the first place

All the beating are they not evidence?
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by ibietela2(m): 12:42pm On Dec 16, 2019
ariesbull:

The benefits of a Marriage Certificate are

A marriage certificate is extremely helpful in obtaining visas for both husband and wife. Foreign embassies situated in India and also foreign countries that are outside India do not recognize traditional marriages. To prove the matrimony in India’s foreign embassies as well as in countries outside India one needs to get the certificate of Marriage Registration. When applying for partner’s VISA, foreign embassies demand a certificate of Marriage Registration and hence, when a wife and husband would like to travel abroad using a spouse visa they must have a certificate of Hindu marriage registration.

A marriage certificate is a document that provides valuable proof of matrimony. When an unpleasant situation such as a dispute (might be criminal or civil) takes place between husband and wife whether it is related to dowry, separation, maintenance or other issues. A certificate of marriage registration safeguards against denunciation of the wedding by any one spouse.

A certificate of marriage registration enables a spouse in claiming life insurance return or bank deposits in case of demise of the Insurer or depositor without any nominee.

Among married women particularly, a marriage certificate provides self confidence and social security.

This is Nigeria not India or Hindu
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by NewDelhi(m): 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
erico2k2:

If I was in that stage of my life I will just go to the registry of a quiet LGA and get it done, why the wahala grin grin no point,
I heard some people think the Embassy gives special treatment to you if your cert says IKOYI or mayB that is an International registry as if there is such thing.
Actually why many people prefer the ikoyi registry is because it's one of the two federal registries in Nigeria. The rest are state owned. Moreover its more prestigious.

Cc erico2k2
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by NewDelhi(m): 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Well, Ikoyi and Abuja are the only two federal Marriage registries in Nigeria.

The rest are state registries.

Its like comparing federal university to state university.

Sentiments favors the federal.
Most embassies recognized the federal registry more than the state.

Exactly what I told him above.
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by erico2k2(m): 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

Actually why many people prefer the ikoyi registry is because it's one of the two federal registries in Nigeria. The rest are state owned. Moreover its more prestigious.

Cc erico2k2
it is not, there is no special treatment to Ikoyi or any other registry in Nigeria, People are being corned to do that to spend more money
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by NewDelhi(m): 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
erico2k2:

it is not, there is no special treatment to Ikoyi or any other registry in Nigeria, People are being corned to do that to spend more money
I beg to differ. ikoyi is more recognized even in embassies. It's more prestigious too. There's a reason why students prefer unilag to Lagos state University. That's the preference between federal and state. There's also another reason why an employer might prefer a graduate former to the latter.
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by erico2k2(m): 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

I beg to differ. ikoyi is more recognized even in embassies. It's more prestigious too. There's a reason why students prefer unilag to Lagos state University. That's the preference between federal and state. There's also another reason why an employer might prefer a graduate former to the latter.
there is nowhere in the British Immigration law where anyone is compelled to do their registry at any particular registry in Nigeria, any registry is accepted just like any SSCE or WAEC cert is accepted from any Sec school or BSC is accepted from any registered Uni in Nigeria. What you are saying is same belong to the school of thoughts of those who plucked BTA from the sky,No one gets ask BTA
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by NewDelhi(m): 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
erico2k2:

there is nowhere in the British Immigration law where anyone is compelled to do their registry at any particular registry in Nigeria, any registry is accepted just like any SSCE or WAEC cert is accepted from any Sec school or BSC is accepted from any registered Uni in Nigeria. What you are saying is same belong to the school of thoughts of those who plucked BTA from the sky,No one gets ask BTA
See to be honest with you, the ikoyi registry is more trusted internationally. It's more trusted by embassies. If you're processing a Visa or any international parole, if your documents reads ikoyi registry, it will give you less problems compared to other registries.
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by erico2k2(m): 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

See to be honest with you, the ikoyi registry is more trusted internationally. It's more trusted by embassies. If you're processing a Visa or any international parole, if your documents reads ikoyi registry, it will give you less problems compared to other registries.
As a person who has lived more than 20 years in the Uk and has signed more than 10 signatures at registries in Nigeria and in the UK, I can tell you that is pokies.
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by omachuskay: 11:30pm On Jul 17, 2020
erico2k2:

Its same thing, that person is confused, or their phone is on predictive text.
I always tot its same until i got married this year june 2020 at the local government registry n the man who precided over the wedding sounded it very loudly to us and our witnesses that this is not a court marriage in my head i was like are u serz. so yea both aint d same dont ask me d difference
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by erico2k2(m): 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
omachuskay:

I always tot its same until i got married this year june 2020 at the local government registry n the man who precided over the wedding sounded it very loudly to us and our witnesses that this is not a court marriage in my head i was like are u serz. so yea both aint d same dont ask me d difference
so have you ever go ne to a court or seen anyone gone to a court to get married?
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 09, 2020
Why?
Branzy:
if you are a billionaire or intending billionaire don't do court wedding
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by LebenNG: 10:40am On Dec 13, 2020
ariesbull:

all u need is witness but your parents must consent
Not a must, don't religionise everything. Parents are not entitled in such as in traditional n white weddings. This is Government-type of marriage. And her, the government is paramount. Law states that age 18 is consent and recognised as full adult and not a child on mama's apron strings. Yes parents are important in its proceedings but not compulsory. Parents may be aware but may not attend so long they give their blessings. The Law will never ask you to go and bring your parents except you are not up to 18(which is perceived as you are still under guardian care and don't know what you are doing). In the form, there is space for parents' particulars. I did mine with my best friend and hubby bestfriend as witnesses. Both families could not make it to the occassion, so did that stop anything? No. so i had my court, white and trad weddings. So am balanced in every area. its advisable a woman does all. Woman no go do only trad and coman be feeling fly. Yes you are married, but under african laws a man can marry more than one wife, except you want a co-wife you can settle with that.
Re: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage by NewDelhi(m): 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2021
erico2k2:

Like I said , they only go there for the prestige. Some people believe it's more accepted in the embassy but that's a big fat lie .Registry na registry anywhere. The prestige, popularity and reputation is what makes people go there. Just like most admission seekers will most likely apply in university of Lagos than applying in Lagos State University.

Or if you were given admission in both schools which would you pick?

That's the case with ikoyi registry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shameful Photos Of Men And Women Caught Having Sexxx (photos) / Woman Buys Coffin For Husband In Anambra As Father's Day Gift / Kenyan Lovers Trapped During Sex (pic)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.